Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:56:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892257 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2660 on: June 08, 2015, 12:29:07 PM

Speaking of, what does she get from Doom the Hero?

Same thing she got from the doom team up or doom villain, doomballs.  It's pretty bad.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2661 on: June 08, 2015, 01:08:27 PM

No.  Don't do that. 

Rogue is a fucking pain in the arse for a first time, want some fun type.

Rogue is not really a good first starter type hero. She is so weird and can get so many abilities she is really kind of annoying to get equipped with all the stuff you want on her the first go round.

That's what I said. I summarised.   why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #2662 on: June 09, 2015, 09:18:22 AM

The new boss affixes are kind of interesting. The first time I ran into those immunity idol things was a bit of a shocker.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2663 on: June 09, 2015, 12:22:32 PM

What are those new red circles with parallel red lines supposed to signify? I try to avoid them, but even if I don't they don't appear to harm me. 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2664 on: June 09, 2015, 12:34:04 PM

What are those new red circles with parallel red lines supposed to signify? I try to avoid them, but even if I don't they don't appear to harm me. 

I think thats the mortality field, it doesn't hurt you but you take extra damage while you are in it.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #2665 on: June 09, 2015, 03:41:44 PM

Decided to take She Hulk out to take advantage of the bonus XP. I'd gotten bored with her in the mid 40s. Boy did they make a mistake with her combo point box. Each point is incredibly subtle. I still don't really like her play style and that does not help.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2666 on: June 10, 2015, 02:22:13 AM

Playing Daredevil and he's bothering me.  His 'you must activate a finisher to activate this' skill is just way too (hate to say this given the post above) subtle.  I can't tell when I've done it or if it hurt or even who it hurt.

It's nice to have a guy not that limited with spirit with a really, really short Sig, but I'm not sure he's grabbing me.

Also, no fast travel.  What the fuck.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #2667 on: June 10, 2015, 06:38:58 AM

I would agree with you on DD. He is good but a lot of his stuff gets lost in the explosions around bosses so its so subtle its hard to tell when your finisher landed so you can use  your follow up shot and the window to do so is very tight. I tended to get into the habit of simply always hitting it after the finisher so if the finisher did land it would hit with both shots.

Overall he is in a decent place power wise but he is not my favorite which is sad because the best costume I have is the DD one.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2668 on: June 10, 2015, 01:53:09 PM

The most important update: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/2634024#Comment_2634024

I agree, it needs an Experience Bar. And it will be so (along with more notification when they level up). Not sure on ETA, just wanted to let you know we agree!

Purple doesn't work on a grey/black background  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #2669 on: June 10, 2015, 03:40:48 PM

I've decided what annoys me the most about She Hulk. Keeping that dumb buff up is annoying as crap. It's short. You need to use a full CP finisher to refresh it, but you can accidentally click your finisher button because it's untargeted and blow the refresh.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2670 on: June 10, 2015, 05:12:30 PM

I've decided what annoys me the most about She Hulk. Keeping that dumb buff up is annoying as crap. It's short. You need to use a full CP finisher to refresh it, but you can accidentally click your finisher button because it's untargeted and blow the refresh.

Yes, but once I realized that it became a lot more fun.

Also, I don't use the build most people do. Yes, "Closing Argument" (the upperpunch) does more damage and has the +point% crit, but it's single target. It's far, far, far too easy to miss any mobs with it and lose the buff.  Instead, stick with "Final Verdict" (the elbow drop) 

It's AOE so as long as you're within range of a mob it's going to hit and refresh your buff.  Yes, it's much lower damage, but unless you're doing Raids or single-target it's the better skill anyway because it hits multiples.  Just use that 2nd build for those single-target occasions.

Also, don't forget Bar Exam builds 5 points immediately. I actually use this to start the buff off.

Mechanics question: Does the serverside buff not show on characters? It says +176% today at login but none of my characters show above the % on my items/ synergies.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #2671 on: June 10, 2015, 05:26:24 PM

Mechanics question: Does the serverside buff not show on characters? It says +176% today at login but none of my characters show above the % on my items/ synergies.

The server-side buffs don't show up anywhere. There was a calculator one could use to determine what they are (or one can do the math by hand), but the guy running the calculator took it down to encourage Gaz to show that info directly in the client.

There's been more than one time where the supposed server-side buff didn't match the one people computed, so it'd be nice to have the genuine server-side buff get shown by the client itself instead of in a forum post or login chat message at best.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2672 on: June 10, 2015, 05:31:33 PM

Ok then, thanks.

On the upside they ARE putting it into the login message during this event, which is how I knew it was 176% today.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2673 on: June 11, 2015, 04:11:57 AM

How is this free hero going to work?  Are we going to get a token or something ?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2674 on: June 11, 2015, 05:23:02 AM

I gather there is a token given out at login which if right clicked currently says it is not yet usable.

This is according to MH.com forums so may be bullshit.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #2675 on: June 11, 2015, 12:35:07 PM

There's a "Marvel Heroes Anniversary Gift - Week 2" that is currently unable to be opened. They delayed the patch a day to tomorrow, so I'm assuming after tomorrow's patch it will be accessible.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2676 on: June 11, 2015, 04:47:04 PM

I levelled Spiderman this evening - he was more fun than I expected. Simple, not OP, but once I got past 30, not nearly as awkward as he seemed at the start.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2677 on: June 11, 2015, 04:59:48 PM

Finished leveling Vision.  He just never clicked with me, which is a shame cause I liked him growing up.

(finished level Doom earlier in the week - love Doom)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2678 on: June 12, 2015, 01:44:14 AM

Can I just say that the sheer volume of people bitching about a delay to an AWESOME FREE GIFT on the chat last night was just hugely depressing ?

I get that lots of people (including me !) are hugely excited to get the hero of their dreams and play them, but Jesus Christ, there's a lot of entitled shitheads out there.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2679 on: June 12, 2015, 02:16:18 AM

Sure are!

I'm still debating who my freebie should be.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2680 on: June 12, 2015, 02:23:36 AM

Spider Man.

It's totally going to be Spider Man.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2681 on: June 12, 2015, 03:37:25 AM

Spider Man was great fun as a melee build.  I should play him more often for the dailies but Doom, surfer, both bulks and Juggernaut are just so efficient.

I only have six left to get Rocket, wolverine, Luke cage, invisie woman, Loki, and Nova.  Only Rocket interests me, any reason to pick up the others instead of waiting for splinter unlocks? 

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2682 on: June 12, 2015, 03:56:58 AM

Of them I enjoyed invisible woman. Its the only character where stealth has felt integrated into the rotation and not simply a get out if jail card, or a flat 'do stealth before this attack for +damage'.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2683 on: June 12, 2015, 04:02:11 AM

Personally, I like Luke Cage the best of those choices. Uncomplicated (maybe too simple for some players tastes) but extremely solid. My only faults with him are his powers all cost too much spirit and he has no travel power outside of his dash, but this is an issue with like a dozen or more Heroes. He's a combo system Hero but honestly you'll have more fun spamming Cage Was Here to worry about building points. You can leave that sort of thing for boss fights, and then you'll be scoring 3-4 million+ brutes with your finisher of choice.

My free Hero will be Spider-Man, but he's still getting mothballed till Spider-Gwen ENHANCED goes live.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2684 on: June 12, 2015, 04:34:38 AM

Wolverine is ok.  Much better now with the increased Skeleton, but still quite squishy.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2685 on: June 12, 2015, 05:20:22 AM

Basically you should unlock all the things.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2686 on: June 12, 2015, 05:34:56 AM

Well of course. I was aiming for Wolv as my next unlock for splinters since his Synergy is so widespread. However, Rocket's Synergy works best with SG and Doom so I switched gears once I realized DOOM has no equal. None.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2687 on: June 12, 2015, 06:01:01 AM

Spider Man was great fun as a melee build.  I should play him more often for the dailies but Doom, surfer, both bulks and Juggernaut are just so efficient.

I only have six left to get Rocket, wolverine, Luke cage, invisie woman, Loki, and Nova.  Only Rocket interests me, any reason to pick up the others instead of waiting for splinter unlocks? 

Rocket - got bored,
wolverine - liked, played to 60,
Luke cage - liked based on character, combat was good enough to play to 60,
invisie woman - haven't played,
Loki - haven't played,
Nova - loved, but I'm a freak for chars with amped up move speed and movement-based abilities.  Very kinetic playstyle, if you like standing still and shooting or like standing still and punching you won't like
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2688 on: June 12, 2015, 06:04:47 AM

I stopped playing IW after her last 'change' since she got quite slow and boring.  Her skills just didn't seem to synergise well and the Invisible Missiles was a waste fucking time. So, she's parked at 31, for what that's worth.

Loki is fun and easy to play and I have him at 51 now, but he's really, really slow to level.  His DPS, even after the recent 25% boost, is just woeful.  Also, it's hard to Build for Summons, despite that being one of his tricks.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2689 on: June 12, 2015, 01:34:15 PM

I found Loki to be really fun, though not straightforward.  He also has one of the strongest defensive skills in the game: a teleport that also turns you invisible AND generates an illusion.  But as Ironwood said, his damage is dreadful.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2690 on: June 12, 2015, 01:51:22 PM

Yeah ever since they nerfed his illusions into the basement after being OP when he launched he's had one single very subpar build and extremely bad uniques.  His abilities are fine, he doesn't need a complete rework, just new uniques and a fairly large buff to his damage.  Specially the illusions.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2691 on: June 12, 2015, 03:26:00 PM

I may be biased, being in the UK, but have they blown up the servers or what ?  This seems to be taking some time...

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2692 on: June 12, 2015, 03:31:20 PM

No, seems like a long time to me as well.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2693 on: June 12, 2015, 03:55:47 PM

It's still down?

Yes, it's way over. Especially considering that there wasn't anything to do but turn on the 2nd week birthday stuff.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2694 on: June 12, 2015, 04:12:12 PM

From Ryolnir, approximately an hour-ish ago:

We're working on a new database and it's taking a bit longer than we'd hoped.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: