Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892238 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: May 26, 2014, 07:02:48 AM

Getting through the story on normal gets you enough shards to get another random hero and takes a couple, three hours tops.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #351 on: May 26, 2014, 07:28:59 AM

For an experienced guy not distracted by all the side quests, perhaps.  I'm going on 8 hours now and have only hit chapter 3.

Kind of like how you CAN do Diablo 3 in its entirety in less than four hours, you're not doing that as a first time player.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: May 26, 2014, 10:33:19 AM

Count me in as well. The game is fantastic. I reinstalled largely out of curiosity about the spearchuckers and exactly how bad they are--answer is they're really really bad. I think I played a couple of hours in beta and was underwhelmed. Plus, I have a vague memory you had to pay for a hero to start? Or maybe that was just the impression I got from their overdone marketing. Now, I can't stop playing. It seems well thought out in so many ways, really good at straddling the line between an ARPG and MMO.

I have Storm and got Jean Grey for my easy freebie, who I really don't care for--I hate the Phoenix avatar and too close in gameplay to Storm. I'm only 10 shards away from a second random though. I'm holding off on buying things as a lot of people are expecting a buy one get one free sale for the anniversary.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: May 26, 2014, 11:59:00 AM

I love Torch.  Was second or third hero to 60.

I found his fireballs underwhelming.  Try this;

Blazing Arc Fire: basic, spirit builder
Blazing Charge: use this a lot,even at max level.  Try to get good with it.  If you don't find zipping around fun, then yeah, you aren't ever going to enjoy Torch.
Fuel for the Fire (passive): keep this maxed
Thermal Intensity (passive): one point wonder
Scorching Pyre

Those will take you to the point when you get Flame On.  Once you get Flame On use that with Blazing Charge to zip around and kill everything.

At the high end:
Big Combo: Flame On + Scorching Pyre + Extreme Combustion
Boss Killer: Incinerating Blast

Brazier of Balthakk and Doc Oc's medalion.

To make him more durable use the Relic of Lemuria.  Probably need to go Fiery Rejuvenation until you can re-spec into Protective Flames
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #354 on: May 29, 2014, 04:24:44 PM

Buy one get one is back.... I bought a Loki and got a Punisher (who is my only 60, so at least I'll get a little use out of the ultimate rank... I guess).   cry
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: May 30, 2014, 06:42:34 AM

I picked up Ms. Marvel. Wow. I thought the game was fun with Storm. She's amazing.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #356 on: May 30, 2014, 07:15:54 AM

I bought Cap and got Hawkeye.  I feel cheated somehow. Meh, entitlement issues.

I also had another free hero package sitting in my inventory, though.  Did they do the anniversary thing or did I just get a reward someplace I didn't know about?

The 2nd one was Daredevil. Ehhh, I might give him a shot.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: May 30, 2014, 01:31:29 PM

I bought Cap and got Hawkeye.  I feel cheated somehow. Meh, entitlement issues.

I also had another free hero package sitting in my inventory, though.  Did they do the anniversary thing or did I just get a reward someplace I didn't know about?

The 2nd one was Daredevil. Ehhh, I might give him a shot.

It was for buying a hero recently so you don't feel screwed by the BOGO sale.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: May 30, 2014, 01:34:06 PM

I picked up Ms. Marvel. Wow. I thought the game was fun with Storm. She's amazing.

You'll eventually reach a point where your basically immortal on her. Like if it can't one shot you, it won't kill you basically. She's just insanely tanky AND mobile. The few times Proudft and I have run terminals or whatnot together, I'm constantly having to slow myself down since she can just GO, no stopping, no waiting, no obstacle in the way.

-edit- I type gud
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:35:38 PM by Fordel »

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #359 on: May 30, 2014, 01:40:23 PM

It was for buying a hero recently so you don't feel screwed by the BOGO sale.

Oh, nice! Glad I picked-up Strange, then.  Thanks!

WayAbvPar

Reply #360 on: May 30, 2014, 02:27:27 PM

Made my first RMT purchases- picked up Storm and either Scarlet Witch or Black Widow (I can't remember!) and got Captain America and Hulk for my freebies. Could have been worse.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #361 on: May 30, 2014, 02:29:20 PM

Cap is decent.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: May 30, 2014, 02:51:27 PM

I am the .00000001428%
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: May 30, 2014, 03:49:13 PM

Woot, got Spider-Man, makes up for that free extra Punisher.  Thanks for the heads up, all the keys are already gone.  ACK!
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #364 on: May 30, 2014, 04:05:37 PM

blah, that didn't last long.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: May 30, 2014, 04:08:15 PM

I got a redundant THING  sad

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #366 on: May 30, 2014, 04:36:40 PM

bah I went to see Xmen. I shoulda stayed home to get my dupe Thing.  why so serious?
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #367 on: May 30, 2014, 05:30:40 PM

Yay.  Got Gambit as my freebie.  Don't like the character, but at least it isn't a dupe.  Also, listening to my brother try to register before they ran out was hilarious.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: May 30, 2014, 05:57:26 PM

blah, that didn't last long.

I think this game is REALLY starting to pick up.  Its crazy busy at all times of the day and night.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: May 30, 2014, 06:22:10 PM

I think this game is REALLY starting to pick up.  Its crazy busy at all times of the day and night.

There seems to be a zeitgeist thing going on. They should rebrand it and relaunch.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: May 30, 2014, 07:04:24 PM

They've made more positive game changes in the span of little under a year then most games make in five.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #371 on: May 30, 2014, 07:28:03 PM

No kidding.  My brother played this at launch and declared it stupid, but he jumped back in when I told him I was having fun and here we are.   The turnaround they've achieved is crazy.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: May 30, 2014, 08:50:03 PM

It helps they're not afraid to say "this hero sucks" and redo them.  Nor are they afraid to give out freebies.  It earns a lot of good-will.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: May 30, 2014, 09:12:46 PM

Invisible Woman is badass.  Fun toon to play.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: May 30, 2014, 09:33:58 PM

No kidding.  My brother played this at launch and declared it stupid, but he jumped back in when I told him I was having fun and here we are.   The turnaround they've achieved is crazy.

and raids next week, apparently. I hope my pc can handle it. MM and Xdef can be a nightmare sometimes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: May 31, 2014, 05:47:50 AM

and raids next week, apparently. I hope my pc can handle it. MM and Xdef can be a nightmare sometimes.

Also the omega system (alternate advancement like paragon points) and shared quests.

I am the .00000001428%
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #376 on: May 31, 2014, 08:36:07 AM

Yeah, I played for like an hour in open beta, yawned, and uninstalled. At least from me they have been well rewarded for their improvements. I have spent a ludicrous amount of money on the BOGO sale. Squirrel Girl is the most whacked thing I've ever played in a game. I must now go and read all the comics.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: May 31, 2014, 10:08:12 AM

Grin

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #378 on: May 31, 2014, 04:20:19 PM

I played this for the first time this morning. Picked Storm as my starting hero. Chain Lightening is nice for just killing everything lazily. Sort of reminds me of spamming the little lightning balls in Diablo. It was a nice fun time with the exception of the game somehow grouping me with some assnozzle without any sort of message or asking me if I want to group. Anyway, I'll probably buy a bunch of heroes. I really want She Hulk but it looks like you can only get her in a package deal.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #379 on: May 31, 2014, 04:36:23 PM

One of the settings auto-groups you in instances, which is on by default.  Turn that off and that won't happen anymore.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: May 31, 2014, 05:21:59 PM

That can screw you in story instances sometimes, turn it off.  Lame thing to have on by default.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #381 on: May 31, 2014, 05:45:13 PM

She-Hulk isn't a playable hero (yet). The bundle you see her in is for a team-up, which is a NPC buddy/sidekick.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: May 31, 2014, 06:54:18 PM

That can screw you in story instances sometimes, turn it off.  Lame thing to have on by default.

It is what accounted for the difficulty I had when I tried the game (I assume the other problem I had was just some weird freak thing).  And the only way to reset an instance (that I'm aware of) is to change heroes or difficulties, neither of which you can do if you've just started playing the game.  I get why they want to encourage people to group but it makes for a very bad first impression if you end up unknowingly grouped with some idiot who kills an end boss and basically strands you with no way to continue.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #383 on: May 31, 2014, 07:01:48 PM

It is what accounted for the difficulty I had when I tried the game (I assume the other problem I had was just some weird freak thing).  And the only way to reset an instance (that I'm aware of) is to change heroes or difficulties, neither of which you can do if you've just started playing the game.  I get why they want to encourage people to group but it makes for a very bad first impression if you end up unknowingly grouped with some idiot who kills an end boss and basically strands you with no way to continue.

Staying out for 15 minutes works too, but that is also not an acceptable option for a new player just trying the game.

I am the .00000001428%
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #384 on: May 31, 2014, 07:21:16 PM

I'm not sure it it boned me or not, it was the second mission thing that apparently had the Green Goblin. I zoned into the mission and there was nothing left to kill, it was already all dead. About 2/3rds of the way through the map I got a message Green Goblin was defeated. Nothing to kill, no loot, no Green Goblin medal. I went through the teleporter hoping against hope that I'd find Green Goblin to fight but it just took me back to the lobby.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: