Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 05:32:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 894687 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: January 30, 2014, 09:46:35 AM

They also have the ringdrop sound.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: February 02, 2014, 09:00:28 PM

Do you have to buy a char (or get a drop) to be able to have more than 1 char/acct? Is there a way to look around the map w/o moving the character?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: February 02, 2014, 09:26:42 PM

Yes and no.

I am the .00000001428%
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: February 02, 2014, 09:39:54 PM

You can move the minimap with the arrow keys when it's up, but that's probably not what you meant.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: February 03, 2014, 03:22:56 AM

Heroes don't actually drop any more but you can buy them with eternity splinters. You get 200 for completing story mode the first time, think it's 100 after chapter 1 and then another 100 for beating Doom. After that it's roughly 1 every 8 minutes.  Special Item Find is supposed to increase the drop chance (and the chances of a double or 10 pack dropping) but it's effect seems negligible at best.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: February 03, 2014, 07:37:45 AM

Next question: is it just the prologue that's the same for every character or is the whole game like that?
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: February 03, 2014, 11:38:56 AM

The entire game is the same no matter what character you play and there's a lot of repetition/re-use of content.

Story mode comes in 3 flavours: Normal, Heroic (unlocked after beating Normal or reaching level 25) and SuperHeroic (unlocked after beating Heroic or...some level I can't remember, 45 or 50 I think?). You can ignore it after the first time through it for the splinters if you want but there are certain missions that offer either skill points or permanent health or spirit bonuses the first time you complete them on each difficulty. These are per character.

There's also Midtown Manhattan available from level 1 if you wish to play with other people.  It's limited to a few heroes per instance and I think it goes up in 5 level blocks but not sure as I've never actually used it (because fuck other people).  X-Defense (also a group thing) is a sort of survival mode where you have to protect students at Xavier's against waves of increasingly tough mobs.  From level 22 you can run Green/Red Terminals which are basically just the boss instances.  All of this stuff can be accessed from any terminal/teleport point now, just check the tabs along the top.

There are also legendary quests which start at level 20 that you do alongside/instead of your normal missions (worth noting that if one of these sends you to an area you haven't already unlocked, it will unlock that point for you).  These are currently the best XP in the game and also award you with Odin Marks.  You'll need 300 of these to purchase a Legendary Item at Odin's Palace and 100 for each artifact you want to bless, which is done at the Enchanter also in Odin's Palace. You can reroll LQs if you get one you don't like but it costs an increasing amount of credits as you get higher level so may not be an options if you're just starting out.

Think that about covers it.  There's the Danger Room coming soon (should be the next patch or two) which are 1- or 2-person challenges.  Oh and PvP but that's apparently very broken and still technically in beta or something.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: February 03, 2014, 03:57:20 PM

The entire game is the same no matter what character you play and there's a lot of repetition/re-use of content.

That's really bad then. I might have been tempted to buy some heroes but this makes me want to play a single character, much less multiple ones.

There's the Danger Room coming soon (should be the next patch or two) which are 1- or 2-person challenges.  Oh and PvP but that's apparently very broken and still technically in beta or something.

I'm so frustrated with movement I can't even imagine PvP'ing.

Thanks for the info.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: February 05, 2014, 08:39:52 AM

I finally got a complete unique set on Ms. Marvel.  Guess I need to play someone else. I'm having way too much fun playing this. A few more maps or another game mode without a different currency would be nice.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: February 14, 2014, 11:32:29 AM

David Brevik of Diablo 2 realy has made a better Diablo 3 with this game. Just got my second character to 60. Cyclops is amazing with richocet shot. I like Ms. Marvel more though.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #185 on: February 14, 2014, 11:36:19 AM

This gets repetitive quick, the starter chars suck, the f2p is oppressive.

"Me am play gods"
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #186 on: February 14, 2014, 05:02:54 PM

Yeah sadly this and NWNO both are just too pushy with their cash shop stuff. Feels icky. Probably Star Trek was too but I was having too much fun to care.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: February 14, 2014, 05:55:26 PM

I'm not seeing the oppressive cash shop. Every character can be unlocked with 175 shards or 200-800 if you go for a specific one. A shard drops every eight minutes. So thats 24 hours of playing to unlock a chatacter.

And as for the starter characters stinking, Storm is probably the best character in the game.

Storage space is a bit pricey at 5 bucks a slot. But look on eBay for a 2650g pack for 5 bucks and that will buy you a ton of space. (You can only use those codes once per account).

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: February 18, 2014, 02:36:40 PM

So for giggles I started playing Storm. I didn't realize items can give you access to skills you don't have yet; I spent the last few days abusing as many of those as possible, as well as some artifact that gave +14% AoE radius. I kill stuff that's off screen now.  why so serious?

What I'd like to play is a char that has range and can tank a bit, so I'm assuming that's Ms. Marvel or Iron Man. Does Thor use lightning?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: February 18, 2014, 02:39:12 PM

Ms. Marvel is range and tank yes.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: February 19, 2014, 05:02:26 PM

Enjoying this quite a bit. The characters all feel like they have a good variety for playstyles and they successfully capture the feeling of playing as Marvel characters. Gambit throws lots of flashy explosive things and has good mobility/melee options, Human Torch has lots of fancy fire effects and AoE attacks, etc.

I don't mind the cash shop either. $5-10 bucks for a character seems pretty fair when you consider how different they each play, and that games like Diablo 3 managed to cost $60 (and be awful) even if you only wanted to play 1 out of 5 classes. None of the other cash shop stuff seems that necessary, save for maybe respec tokens (which I think can also drop via normal gameplay?). I was bummed that the character I wanted wasn't available to pick out of the gate for free, but when you consider they're giving you the entire game for free it's pretty reasonable. I definitely prefer the "ownership" F2P models like this rather than the consumable/energy/power models that impact how fun the game actually is based on whether you pay.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: February 21, 2014, 06:49:40 PM

I just found out that if you load up the Test Client you get a bunch of free G and can try out heroes and costumes for free. Progress gets wiped occasionally (not sure how often) but it will at least let you check out a hero's first few abilities before you buy.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: February 22, 2014, 09:44:23 PM

I just found out that if you load up the Test Client you get a bunch of free G and can try out heroes and costumes for free. Progress gets wiped occasionally (not sure how often) but it will at least let you check out a hero's first few abilities before you buy.

Actually, the "G" shop on test sells items that give you a complete set of Unique gear and also an item that takes you to max level. So you can test out any hero at max level before you buy them for reals.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: February 23, 2014, 04:25:24 PM

anyone else have problems with memory leaks/freezes? I tried uninstalling/reinstall but it's still happening.

oh and I take back what I said earlier. I have Luke Cage now and while he may be less powerful than Storm I think he's more fun..
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:27:26 PM by Raguel »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: February 23, 2014, 11:15:52 PM

anyone else have problems with memory leaks/freezes? I tried uninstalling/reinstall but it's still happening.

Everyone playing does. I generally restart the game when the leak gets annoying. On the SSD it doesn't have near the problem though.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #195 on: February 24, 2014, 07:25:16 AM

Bought Loki bundle this weekend.  Very disappointed with fortune cards, way too many boosters which are boring. Loki is totally OP at the low levels. we'll see how long that lasts.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:29:33 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: February 24, 2014, 07:27:20 AM

He was totally op at all levels when i played him, but that was mostly the bug that let you shit out clones with no limit.

I am the .00000001428%
Kanglor
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: February 24, 2014, 11:11:49 AM

Yeah he was god mode at release using the pet build, but he's still very strong, and I use him as my main character to farm cosmic terminals and x-defense.  He's one of the few characters you can hit 60 with and jump right into cosmics without dying repeatedly, primarily due to his teleport. 
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: February 24, 2014, 07:35:33 PM

I have Loki at 45 or so and he's pretty strong with just points in the ice tree. Illusions do a good job of boosting survivability even with no investment beyond the automatic 1 point in the clone-generating teleport. I haven't been focusing on him since Scarlet Witch already fills the "overpowered AoE mage" niche for me, but he could easily have been my main if I'd played him first.

There's a lot of crying on the forum about cosmic terminals being "artificial difficulty" filled with unavoidable one-shots, which is starkly counter to my experience. My SW was able to run them without dying as a fresh 60, and lately I've been doing just fine farming cosmic MODOK with, of all things, melee Hawkeye. I guess it's better than the playerbase complaing that the game isn't HARDCORE COCKPUNCH-y enough, though.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: March 06, 2014, 12:50:58 AM

Any chance one of you have a Saturn rune for trade?
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: March 29, 2014, 12:10:17 AM

Enter the code MHMGIFT in your account page and you will get a free hero.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: April 12, 2014, 12:16:13 PM

This weekend is a 2x drop weekend. Put in the code 2XFUN for a couple great boosts.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: April 12, 2014, 05:24:43 PM

Thanks for the headsup.

Really liking the game but the lack of original content + inventory management brings it down a peg. I will say I'm happy with the free 50 slots but as a hoarder it took me less than a few hrs to fill them up.  why so serious? (Actually I prestiged a char to random a free costume; ended up being a char I don't own yet :/)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: April 16, 2014, 06:55:13 PM

I've been playing this the past few days and for some reason it seems like its a lot more fun than it was before.  I collected enough eternity splinters to get a free random character which turned out to be...Dr. Strange. Rock Out
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: April 17, 2014, 04:07:14 PM

It's a decent alternative to d3. Much larger mob groups.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: April 17, 2014, 06:40:21 PM

I randomly logged back into this the other day after playing for all of about 5 minutes at launch. I echo Ginaz. I don't know what changed, but it's a lot more fun now.

Bit disheartened by my second random character box though. First was Taskmaster, so neat that I got one of the new ones. Second was just a repeat of my starting character. I know I can use that to upgrade my ult, but still, annoyed at the odds. Slightly more than 3% chance I'd pull a repeat.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #206 on: April 18, 2014, 06:44:34 AM

Random needs to be less random. Like it should re-roll twice to try to get a new hero.

"Me am play gods"
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: April 18, 2014, 11:06:43 AM

I have yet to try this out, but I see people saying it is a lot like Diablo.  The 'fun curve' for me in Diablo (I, II, and III) pretty much peaked out at ~18 hours of play and then slowly declined after that point.  Does this have the same issue?

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: April 18, 2014, 11:36:37 AM

No, I peaked about 2 hours in.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #209 on: April 18, 2014, 11:52:26 AM

This is my brain shutoff game.  Which hero makes a big difference. Thing is horrible.

"Me am play gods"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: