Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2017, 09:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice  (Read 38142 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #700 on: July 08, 2017, 12:23:17 AM

Once almost flipped a rental Taurus just outside of Moffett Field, never came close to driving that reckless in a car I actually owned though.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #701 on: July 08, 2017, 12:39:38 AM

I wasn't impressed with Mercedes either, not for the sticker price or the maintenance costs. My Audi and BMW experiences have been much better.

Looks like I'm going to have to replace my wife's Honda Pilot - I don't really like how it drives and we need to haul more crap, but it can pull our little popup camper and has a 5th row. May have to go up to a bigger car (yuck) or something i don't know.

My wife really likes her Acadia. Not beastly huge, silly comfortable, and floats down the road just nice. Does pretty good in the woods and snow, too. My only gripe is we don't have DOD, so the mileage isn't hot.

Paelos: Somebody find that post where I declared Seattle dead, because those fuckers are NFL cockroaches in the NFC.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #702 on: July 08, 2017, 01:44:54 AM

After initially getting a bit...hissy...the wife unit seems somewhat supportive of my new car proposal.  Was not quite expecting that.  Now WTF do I do?  It would be the "family car" that would get upgraded, so it would need to be of a certain size.  I think I want to go the station car route this time, no more minivans or crossovers.  Early contenders are the BMW 3 series (although probably too expensive) or VW Golf or Passat.  Not sure the Golf would be big enough.

Never, ever assume someone that short and fat has their shit together. - Schild
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #703 on: July 08, 2017, 06:21:57 AM

Golfs are pretty damn roomy.

I know Subaru is probably not even really available in that communist paradise you live in but the legacy sedans are pretty nice. Cost about the same as a Golf in the US.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #704 on: July 08, 2017, 11:52:45 AM

They do have Subaru over here, but the models are different.  Something called - I shit you not - a Levorg.  It looks kinda cool, but it is called a Levorg.  Levorg.

Will probably go check out the Golf, see if it is roomy enough.  I got five people to move around in that thing, plus the occasional small dog.

Never, ever assume someone that short and fat has their shit together. - Schild
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice  
Jump to: