Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:50:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Subscription 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Subscription  (Read 14514 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

on: March 28, 2011, 08:42:47 AM

Are people planning to subscribe and hang around a few months or is the shine wearing off?  I'm hoping that we can keep this a semi-positive thread, but still wanted to see what the consensus was.

For me: I've enjoyed the trip to 50 twice.  I have a cleric and a mage and enjoy the differences in the classes.  At this point, I can either level the other two classes to keep me busy for a month or succumb to the gear/faction grind that is the endgame.  I'm not a fan of pugs and was wondering if the people on Dimroot will stay around for a browse through the dungeons. 

That's it.  Just wanted to solicit opinons and see who may stick around for at least another month.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:51:02 AM

I'll be around for another month at least, although I haven't made it to 50 yet.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 08:55:29 AM

I got the 3-month deal because I liked how Rifts were different at the different levels - I have high hopes that they keep adding different mechanics.  I'm interested to see how the 1.1 invasion event works out.  

I'm much slower at leveling than you. I'm doing multiple at the same time (Baan lvl 38, Typhoun, Gittr, Crusti), but that will end once I get my friends up to my warrior (course, I need to stop playing the warrior for that to actually happen   swamp poop  ).  I haven't been very active with whatever the guild is doing so far, but plan to change that a bit.  Still trying to figure out how to reconcile being on vent with my friends and the speech thing y'all use - not looking forward to talking them into using something else.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 08:58:13 AM

I took my credit card off the account a couple of weeks ago and canceled just in case I forgot since I've been on the fence. Was planning to play in the meantime to decide but I still haven't logged in. I can't explain why I don't want to play, either.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 09:00:12 AM

Wow 2 50s? Good for you.  I'm not an alt guy at all, I could never do it.
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 09:01:43 AM

I've taken a Mage, Warrior and Cleric into the early to mid 20's and I plan to stay subscribed until I find out whether or not the end game is to my liking. I'd estimate it'll take at least a couple months for that to happen. Thus far Rift has been a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the upcoming invasion event, too.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 09:09:13 AM

I'm staying subbed for at least another month or two, although I'm not on your server so I'm not much use.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 09:15:06 AM

Right now my eye caught the shiny of DA2.  That will take me FOREVER to finish.  So, I might unsub until I'm done.   I just don't have enough free time to carry on with two very time consuming games simultaneously.

I'll be back to Dimroot, I just wouldn't expect it for a couple weeks.  Not sure I'm going to go right into a replay of DA2. 

-Rasix
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 09:15:39 AM

I have a 50 and a 30ish alt, no other characters. I'll probably stay subbed until my 3 months are up, then cancel / move on (I think by that point I'll have seen everything there is to see other than raids that I can't do due to schedule / timezone)

Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 10:10:03 AM

Still having fun at the moment - I'll have my main to 50 soonish, and will probably start leveling an alt, as well as seeing what fun I can squeeze out of pugging the endgame (or guild groups if any are up). I should imagine I'll have at least another month or two, even worst-case.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 10:11:28 AM

Got the founders 10 bucks a month six month sub.

I am the .00000001428%
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 10:31:41 AM

I'm in for at least 3 more months, and still enjoying the game. I level at a leisurely pace so I have plenty of content still ahead of me, my two main characters are level 28 and 20.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 10:56:44 AM

Wow 2 50s? Good for you.  I'm not an alt guy at all, I could never do it.

It's a good, solid game.  My only gripe is that I wish it were more like WAR and EQ2 and less like WoW.  I'm thinking that I need to max out a war and rogue so I can be as objective as possible about the game.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 01:46:45 PM

The shine quite suddenly wore off for me about 2 weeks in.  Logged off and couldn't be bothered after that. 
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 01:51:45 PM

The shine quite suddenly wore off for me about 2 weeks in.  Logged off and couldn't be bothered after that. 

I will say this: the game from 30 - 50 is much more interesting than the game from 1-30.  It takes some of the souls a bit of time to really become engaging.  I know that I started enjoying mage and cleric a lot more once I hit my mid 30's.  As for the endgame, I'm not sure.  I'm not the type that cares much about shiny and gear, but I still would like to experience the dungeons. 

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 02:02:50 PM

That's what I keep reading, Nebu.  I don't think the problem is the game, necessarily.  I may just have major MMO burnout.  The only MMO I'm playing right now is Fallen Earth, and that's just because I'm liking the crafting bits so far.  The actual action gameplay in some areas is awful. 
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 02:39:08 PM

I'm in for 3 months at least.  I haven't been on lately due to school, but I will soon.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 03:09:55 PM

I'm in for 3 months at least.  I haven't been on lately due to school, but I will soon.
This, basically (except various non-school reasons).
Chorulle
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 04:22:52 PM

I'm in for another month at least, want to finish one character to 50 and see how it goes (and see how the first event in 1.1 runs).

"Saying that nobody needs more then web apps is like saying noone needs a fridge because we can all drive to T.G.I. goddamn Friday's for chicken wings"

- Walt Mosspuppet (Mike Arrington is wrong: Chrome OS won't matter)
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 05:43:33 PM

Still subscribed.  Haven't been around the last week or so due to work being a bit busy.  Still stuff to explore and I'm only low 30s.  Expect I'll be around for a while.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 06:16:25 PM

Still subbed.  I quit playing for a week to finish DA2.  My rogue is only 33 so I'm very impressed with your two 50's.  I seem to have trouble finding quests.  I'm used to WoW breadcrumbs, not riding around looking for another quest hub. 

I really like the game, especially the instances.  The two times I ran dungeons with f13 folks was the best fun I've had in this game. 

No plans on canceling for the foreseeable future, I'm in it at least until my rogue hits 50.  Unless the mob density keeps driving me crazy.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 06:54:46 PM

Still subscribed.  Haven't been around the last week or so due to work being a bit busy.  Still stuff to explore and I'm only low 30s.  Expect I'll be around for a while.

^ This. But I'm also a tad ADD. I have six characters in RIFT across two servers, and 6 in LOTRO on one server. None at cap in either game. Shrug. I really enjoy both games.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 07:08:57 PM

I'd definitely like to do more dungeon/instance content with the f13 crowd.  The couple runs I've done have been good fun.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08:59 PM

Still subbed.  I quit playing for a week to finish DA2.  My rogue is only 33 so I'm very impressed with your two 50's.  I seem to have trouble finding quests.  I'm used to WoW breadcrumbs, not riding around looking for another quest hub. 

I really like the game, especially the instances.  The two times I ran dungeons with f13 folks was the best fun I've had in this game. 

No plans on canceling for the foreseeable future, I'm in it at least until my rogue hits 50.  Unless the mob density keeps driving me crazy.

Um, I've gotten a bread crumb to every area I've needed to go to.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 10:20:39 PM

Experiencing the same thing here - pretty sure it's just MMOG burnout in general for me as well.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 12:00:45 AM

I was pretty diehard on this game and I still think it is pretty solid.  But the more I played it, the more the decided level path put me off.  I don't feel like I'm in a world, I feel like I'm on rails. 

I wish I could get back EQ from 12 years ago...  Maybe at this point I'd be happier in EVE. 

Anyways, yeah, I'm unsubbed.  Nothing the game did wrong per se, rather I think I'm just done with this style of games.  I sill plan to check GW2, as I think it will be a little different. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 03:43:01 AM

Um, I've gotten a bread crumb to every area I've needed to go to.

I'll concede the point after looking at my quests.  But my current breadcrumb is orange and I keep going into enemy areas of the zone thinking I'll have quests in there.  Guess tonight I'll go into the new zone.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 05:26:36 AM

Still playing the shit out of it, but I'm iffy on alts because I feel like the game really drags from about 30-44 or so.

I'm going to be good with this until LOTRO expansion or GW2, whichever happens first (LOTRO expansion), and then I'll reevaluate.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 08:11:09 AM

I'd definitely like to do more dungeon/instance content with the f13 crowd.  The couple runs I've done have been good fun.

Yeah, I haven't done a single instance yet, and I'm level 45  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Been rather antisocial as I'm still somewhat burned out from years of WoW raiding (so apologies if I'm less than talkative in guild chat). Would love to try a F13 dungeon if/when time allows however.
vonshuck
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 11:06:45 AM

Apparently my old subscriber name was deleted from disuse so I'm under a new username. 

Regarding the sub, I cancelled and feel guilty because I conned a buddy into buying it. The more I play it the more I realize this may be the worst questing experience in a "new" game in years. Talk about unengaging and boring. I've ran RotF, DD, FC, KB and alll of the warfronts multiple times. I have a 41 mage, 35 cleric, and a 24 warrior on Stonecrest Guardian.  I found the Rifts to be very repetitive and boring in a hurry. I also found out it's button presses per minute and not total heals/dmg etc that determines your rewards so I spam instants instead of more useful spells to get better rewards in the Rift and Invasion events.  I don't know but they dont feel all that dynamic to me.

WayAbvPar

Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 04:14:39 PM

5 days left on my free play month, and I just canceled. I just don't have the time or inclination to grind it out in MMOGs these days. Especially when trying to find decent groups for dungeons and (especially) warfronts was a pain in the balls. The solo questing is fucking mindnumbing. Rifts are fun, but get monotonous in a hurry. Not enough here to keep my entertained.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 04:23:52 PM

I have a strong love-hate relationship going with the game.  I started cautious, signing up for the monthly sub.  I switched to founders at the end of the head start period.  I switched back to monthly last week due to several important design choices that I disagree with and which seriously impact how much fun the game is for me.  (OK, maybe the game is not "for me".  In that case, my money is not "for them"!  duh!)  But I still haven't pulled the plug.  But I am playing less and less, and there are a few critical issues that may be make-or-break for me.  I'll whine about them in a different thread. 

For now, I see playing another month, maybe two, then dropping it.  I honestly can't imagine what they could possibly add in that time frame to make me stay - things like housing + lots of housing items, appearance slots + lots of appearance options, and revamping the execrable Auction House don't seem like one- or two-month projects.  But I'm still there and maybe they can keep adding content (non-raid, non-guild, available to more casual player types content) fast enough to keep me occupied.  Doubtful, but it could happen!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Especially as my rate of content consumption decreases the more bored I get with it.  Hey, maybe this is a variation of Zeno's paradox, where I'll never quit because no matter how slowly they add new content I'll continue to consume it at ever slower rates and never actually complete it!  why so serious? 

But yeah, serious case of been-there-done-that with a few dashes of new funness and a serious lack of overall stickyness.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 04:27:06 PM

Still subscribed, but made the mistake of logging back into the SWG emu and I've been stuck there since.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 31, 2011, 03:03:46 PM

I have a 50 rogue, and will likely level one of the others.  I will likely play at least another couple of months.

How do your servers seem to be holding up, population-wise?  I'm on Sunrest (rp-pvp server), and I believe it's one of the most heavily populated.  I do not encounter queues but then I am more likely to be logging off than on during primetime (I'm either playing or logging off, I should say).
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 31, 2011, 06:05:15 PM

I have a 50 rogue, and will likely level one of the others.  I will likely play at least another couple of months.

How do your servers seem to be holding up, population-wise?  I'm on Sunrest (rp-pvp server), and I believe it's one of the most heavily populated.  I do not encounter queues but then I am more likely to be logging off than on during primetime (I'm either playing or logging off, I should say).

Sever populations are split between medium/high during prime time.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Subscription  
Jump to: