Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:21:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Subscription 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Subscription  (Read 14529 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: April 01, 2011, 11:26:21 AM

I honestly can't imagine what they could possibly add in that time frame to make me stay - things like housing + lots of housing items, appearance slots + lots of appearance options, and revamping the execrable Auction House don't seem like one- or two-month projects

Interestingly, I mentioned every single one of those items on my 'why I am quitting' survey.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 01, 2011, 06:26:22 PM

Hey, at least they care enough to offer the exit survey.  I canceled accounts on both the EQ2 and EQ2Live servers a couple months ago and SOE couldn't even be arsed to ask why.  Maybe they are still peeved from when I told them EXACTLY why when I canceled SWG!  why so serious?

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 09:16:31 AM

Update on my status - I've opted to not play past the free month. There's a lot to like about Rift, but ultimately the game isn't for me.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 11:55:05 AM

I subbed for 3 months.  I'll probably keep playing at least until TOR comes out, at which time I will probably cancel.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 12:16:52 PM

I know several people in my guild who figured out that this type of game just isn't for them anymore.  Couldn't name a single wrong thing about it, didn't have any of the problems they did in other games, they got the pinacle of the diku experience and it simply wasn't enough anymore.

I am the .00000001428%
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 12:27:17 PM

I know several people in my guild who figured out that this type of game just isn't for them anymore.  Couldn't name a single wrong thing about it, didn't have any of the problems they did in other games, they got the pinacle of the diku experience and it simply wasn't enough anymore.

This is a good way of summing it up. I just don't feel like starting the grind over again. Going back to WoW isn't really what I want either. I'm waiting for "something else" - whatever that is.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 12:35:55 PM

Yep, exactly how I feel.  SWKOTROIO or whatever it's called I will buy just to see what they can do with the conversation wheel in a group setting.  I'm putting my money on GW2 right now, as I'm having fun casually strolling through GW1 right now.  It's great for short bursts.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 01:22:15 PM

Well stated. 

I think GW2 may be my last hope for the genre unless someone can manage a more sandbox-pvp-pseudo-EvE approach to a fantasy diku.  In the meantime I'll stay with Rift until I have a 50 of each tree (which shouldn't be much longer). 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 01:38:26 PM

Personally i'm hoping for an mmo with mount and blade style combat, maybe Tera.

I am the .00000001428%
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 03:25:34 AM

I renewed for one more month. There's enough to keep me entertained for at least that.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 11:54:51 AM

I think I got rft for free. Untintentionally of course, I went to renew my sub for one month so I went to do that. Not wanting to accidentally get charged I immediately upon renewing my sub with payment info canceled the sub. I've done this before in other games no problem and seemingly there was no problem now.  I was able to log in last night where previously I could not, play and have fun. This morning however I noticed no charges on my card, none pending either.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 06:16:13 PM

Very much enjoying it. Will continue for the foreseeable future.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 06, 2011, 01:07:03 AM

I think I got rft for free. Untintentionally of course, I went to renew my sub for one month so I went to do that. Not wanting to accidentally get charged I immediately upon renewing my sub with payment info canceled the sub. I've done this before in other games no problem and seemingly there was no problem now.  I was able to log in last night where previously I could not, play and have fun. This morning however I noticed no charges on my card, none pending either.
I cancelled my account and deleted my payment info yesterday. My remaining playtime was extended to a month for free.
Register
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 20, 2011, 10:52:40 PM

I just cancelled too. Finding the need to mow through 1000 mobs to get from point A to B (quest and turn in? getting to a rift/invasion?) and back to A getting old, while waiting for a hearth that's on 1 hour cooldown.

Gets particularly aggravating when you are looking for an elusive item/npc, searches the net but can't find any info (not really rift's fault, being so new, but still it's something you are so used to when playing established mmos like wow), and have to carve a bloodpath through a legion of mobs to search the entire area.

No exit survey on cancellation. Could be because I am still running on the free month.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #49 on: April 21, 2011, 05:53:11 AM

Renewed, paying, still having lots of fun. Might be thanks to my guild of friends, as usual, or the fact that I haven't played World of Warcraft since 2005.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #50 on: April 21, 2011, 06:46:33 AM

Renewed, paying, still having lots of fun. Might be thanks to my guild of friends, as usual, or the fact that I haven't played World of Warcraft since 2005.
So much for BloodBowl!

why so serious?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Subscription  
Jump to: