Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:36:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Patch notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch notes  (Read 23629 times)
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 23, 2011, 10:46:44 AM

It's a monstrous leap to think that a leaked and not remotely finalized nerf to chloromancers, *absent all of the other mage changes*, represents a shit toward making mage healing obsolete. For instance, they're boosting mage viability overall. If that's something like an increase in spell power then the supposed nerf makes complete sense. You're jumping to conclusions and this is exactly, EXACTLY, what irks me about criticisms of the game from you and a few others here. There's so much to criticize which is valid and present that there's no need to resort to intellectually lazy, borderline made up shit just to get a critique in. I don't dislike a critical discussion. I dislike discussions with people saying stupid things.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: March 23, 2011, 10:48:36 AM

I don't think they care so much about the molds, I think they care about not requiring certain classes/not having to wait for certain classes for a group to be able to go into a dungeon.  I think that having multiple characters that can dps + heal or tank + heal make tuning encounters difficult. 

Maybe the Paladin was originally something more like the Bard, but a raid-level AE heal + plate wearing tank and an AE heal plus ranged dps just broke their balance?  I do know that playing with a bard in the 1-30 game just makes everything much easier.  Now put a Paladin, Bard and Chloro + 2xDPS in the group.  Do you balance for that composition?  Do you balance for one dedicated healer + one support?  Either way, you start to end up with groups that require 60% of the composition be filled with a reduced number of classes.

As someone in the "hates to stare at health bars" camp, I'd have rather see them remove dedicated healers from the game and made everyone a variation of the Bard - some healing, some shields/mitigation and some debuff.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 23, 2011, 10:54:12 AM

I'm waiting for the day that every MMO goes some combo of the Bard/AoC healing route.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: March 23, 2011, 11:25:31 AM

The notion that chloro's are no longer viable healers due to the nerf to radiant spores is ridiculous.

The entire nerfs we saw were aimed to the massive, *massive* amounts of free group healing that justicars / bards / chloro's can throw around. It is too much - the changes have a minimal effect on 5 player groups, and are aimed at the larger raids where clerics weren't even bothering to cast an AE heal because those 3 classes outshone them in every way. Radiant Spores was targetted at the same time because it heals a *massive* amount of people at the same time with no upper limit apart from your raid size.

Chloro's will still be great main healers, and will still be completely viable in every respect. Heck, they already provide more AE healing that clerics through their aura.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:52:54 PM by Maledict »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 23, 2011, 01:49:34 PM

I noticed this playing my purifier spec in zone events.  Most players, including the main tank, never needed any heals.  I felt worthless. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: March 24, 2011, 07:45:54 AM

We killed Greenscale the other night.  We had two or three Chloros and a Bard (me) as well a Justicar and 4 main healing clerics.

Throughout the fight, Chloros healed 850-750k each.  Justicar and the Bard healed 550k and then all the clerics were below that.  This nerf was coming.

What they do need to fix is the AOE healing mana costs of clerics.  Right now it causes you to OOM quick.  Chloros will be able to easily main heal all 5 man content.  Everyone is getting hysterical without testing or playing with the changes.  Though that doesn't surprise me.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: March 24, 2011, 08:20:06 AM

Just read the new alpha server patch notes.  I for one welcome our new paragon overlords.

I am the .00000001428%
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 24, 2011, 08:42:08 AM

Already have a new pve para spec planned, pvp spec doesn't change much as I'm only losing a little dps from TS and shorter stun (fine with that).

Ultimately for dps wars, they will still be fine. Bm took it up the ass but is still needed for debuffs, only thing I didn't like is the backhanded blow nerf as I think it would be better to move it to a 31 or 26 point talent and left the damage/gcd/energy parts alone.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #78 on: March 24, 2011, 03:09:46 PM

Just took a look on the alpha server today - got a few quick levels on a pyro to see how the first couple of spell ranks damage has changed.

Yikes.

It is possible they've seriously weighted the mage damage buff to the lower levels, but I'm seeing a huge (50%) increase in damage early on. Example:

Currently on live -

Fireball rank 1: 19-22 damage         rank 2: 25-28 damage

Now on alpha -

Fireball rank 1: 28-31 damage        rank 2: 37-40 damage

Unfortunately there is no character copy or auto-leveling npc, so I can't see how far up that goes. If it is smooth, expect some serious complaining. The pyromancer feels powerful playing through the early stages now.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: April 01, 2011, 10:50:24 AM

Rift 1.11: 10:15am PDT 4/1/11

RIVER OF SOULS
* Increased the spawn rate of River of Souls Rifts, Invasions, and zonewide events.
* River of Souls daily quests now only credit players for actions appropriate to their level. Ex: Closing Rifts far below your character level will not earn credit toward the daily quest.
* Significantly increased the Otherworldly Sourcestone rewards for daily quests and added them as dropped items to event Rifts, Invasions, and Zone Events.
* The River of Souls event now has new exclusive Death-themed weapons! Unlock the secrets of the Shadetouched Weapon Cache quest to earn your own!
* We have added a number of new rewards to the River of Souls merchant, including new pets and accessories.
* Slightly reduced the prices of a number of the River of Souls merchant items.
* World Event Rift: Best Laid Plans: Addressed an issue that could cause the Endless Controllers to become un-killable.

GENERAL
* Fixed an issue where the Linkdead nameplate tag would not be removed after reconnecting.
* Updated the Coin Lock code emails to not use black text on a black background when CSS is filtered.
* Fixed a bug causing some characters to crash on login if they had the On the Hoof quest in a failed state.
* Server optimizations.

YOUTUBE
* The max duration of recorded videos has been increased to 10 minutes.
* Hitting CTRL+Y or clicking the upload icon while uploading a video will give you the option to cancel the upload.
* When upload is complete, a link to the video on YouTube will be shown in chat and can be clicked on to copy/paste.

COMBAT
* Players can now detect stealthed NPCs at a much greater distance.
* Reduced the range at which players can be detected while stealthed for both PvE and PvP.

ARCHON
* Exhilaration: Fixed a bug where this was not correctly returning mana.

ASSASSIN
* Incapacitate: Fixed a bug where mobs would aggro on players at the same time as the ability was used.

CHLOROMANCER
* Essence Surge: Fixed so it now works as described.

DOMINATOR
* Haunting Pain: This should now appear in ability lists and be usable again.

NIGHTBLADE
* Lost Hope, Dark Containment: Fixed a bug where mobs would aggro on players at the same time as these abilities were used.

PARAGON
* Path of the Wind, Path of the Raptor: Reduced cooldown to 4 seconds. For real this time.

RIFTBLADE
* Flamespear: Reduced cooldown to 4 seconds. Also for real this time.

STORMCALLER
* Static Barrier and Static Discharge charges will no longer be consumed by self-damaging effects such as Sacrifice Life: Mana.

VOID KNIGHT
* Rift Shield: Fixed a bug where this ability would not absorb Life or Death damage.
* Triggering 'Residual Absorption' will no longer make the Void Knight immune to non-magical DoTs.

WARLORD
* Distraction auras will no longer cause PvP Guards to attack the Warlord.

ZONES

IRON PINE PEAKS
* Thunder Snow: Someone set you up the bombs - they've all returned, and this quest can be completed.
* Thedeor's Mercy: Those who follow Thedeor will no longer be forced to rob from the shrines if another player has already stocked them. However, Thedeor is now more punishing from those that do steal from his shrines!

MOONSHADE HIGHLANDS
* A Holy Remedy: Fixed an issue that caused a few of the Sickly Dwarves to be incurable.

SANCTUM
* Cealhaidh will no longer be stuck in an invulnerable state.

SHIMMERSAND
* Foiled Plans: Fixed a rare issue where the Enthralled Stonemaw would fail to die during this quest.
* Players will no longer get stuck in geometry while traveling with the Mystical Voyager.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* Darkening Deeps: Expert: Glubmuk's Poison Bolt now only targets players outside of melee range.
* Foul Cascade: Expert: Countess Surin Skenobar no longer deals inappropriately large amounts of damage with her Hail of Bullets.

GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT [Raid]
* Adjusted how the Slimy Shamblers spawn Sticky Slime to address player reports of it failing to spawn in some cases.
* Fixed the Blinding Bomb bug where the effect was not appearing at its current location.
* Greenscale: Fixed an issue where Greenscale would not breathe until his target lost the breath debuff.
* Slightly reduced the snare on strangle plants.
* Patched up a couple of ways to exploit encounters in Greenscale's Blight.

CRAFTING
* Runecrafting recipes that previously used Essences as ingredients now use consumable items found through Rifts instead.
* Removed a fast-respawning Iron ore node from Scarwood Reach.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Patch notes  
Jump to: