Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:59:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Patch notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch notes  (Read 23628 times)
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

on: February 25, 2011, 09:52:04 AM

Spotted some good stuff in the official "beta 7 to Head start" patch notes.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?86184-Beta-to-Head-Start-Patch-Notes-2-24-11

Among other things:
* Pressing the jump key (default: space bar) will cause you to swim up. No more underwater jumping!
* Added button to merchant window to sell all grey loot items in your bags at once.
* Removed the +10 Stat racials from all races.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:25:41 AM

Now they just need to make it so switching from my heal spec to offtank spec on my cleric ALSO switches my weapons, too.  Unless that's already in the game and I missed it.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 07:43:57 PM

Hah.  I suggested the swim thing so long ago.  I'll take full credit for it. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 05:01:58 AM

(Size: 45.7MB)

Hotfix #1: 2/26/11 3:00 GMT

QUESTS               
* Freemarch: The Wayward Package quest is no longer offered daily.
* Silverwood: When Rudy Tanlop’s  wagon is under attack during a zone events, he should yell his notification correctly.

EXPERIENCE       
* Dungeon zone quests fixed so that repeat completions do not reward the full first-completion value.
* Fixed a bug causing mobs significantly higher than a player's level to reward far more experience than they should be.

UI
* Raid frames now expand down from the top left corner.
* Zone events that are failed will be removed from quest tracking once again.

CLIENT/SERVER
* The login queue message box can now only be cancelled by clicking on the Cancel button.  You should now be safe to browse the web while queued!
* Improved accuracy of AFK timeout checks in game and at character select to combat queues.
* Server performance improvements.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 04:08:06 PM

Now they just need to make it so switching from my heal spec to offtank spec on my cleric ALSO switches my weapons, too.  Unless that's already in the game and I missed it.

I think there's a way you can make a macro to do it, but I'd have to look it up again.

Edit:  Found it.

Useful macros/Examples
Changing equip and role

loadequip 1
role 1

In order to use loadequip properly, you will have to save an equipment set beforehand with the chat command

/saveequip 1

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 12:39:08 AM

Hotfix #2: 3/1/11 4:25 GMT

GENERAL GAMEPLAY
* Ancient Wardstone area quests now automatically shut down one hour after completion or failure. You will need to use your Ascended Power to reactivate the wardstone.
* Fixed a bug with last login time not saving correctly for guild members. The existing display will be updated the next time a guild member logs in.

CULT SAGA
* Forces of the Plane of Death: Changed to require sealing of any Death Rift in Freemarch for updates.
* The Means of the Endless: Drop rate of the Attunement Shard increased to 100% from the Endless Nightbringer.
* Follow That Gnar: The Gnar should be easier to follow, and not disappear from the path.

ZONES

DROUGHTLANDS
* A Hymn of Frost and Flame: Enkarus Scourge mobs spawned during this quest no longer give experience or loot.

STILLMOOR
* Past is Prologue: Quest can now be completed normally by all Guardian players.

WARFRONTS
* There is now a shorter AFK timer for Warfronts, and players exceeding it will be immediately kicked out.
* The Black Garden: Holding the Fang while on the 'ledge' of your respective faction starting area will award fewer points.
* The Codex: Players should no longer be able to get into the Vault through clever jumping.

CLIENT/SERVER
* Reporting spam will now also automatically ignore the the sender.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 06:57:39 AM

CLIENT/SERVER
* Reporting spam will now also automatically ignore the the sender.

Nice fix there, I hated taking 2 clicks to get rid of spammers.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 07:13:45 AM

CULT SAGA
* Forces of the Plane of Death: Changed to require sealing of any Death Rift in Freemarch for updates.
* The Means of the Endless: Drop rate of the Attunement Shard increased to 100% from the Endless Nightbringer.
* Follow That Gnar: The Gnar should be easier to follow, and not disappear from the path.

Fuck yoooooou defiant.

(this is me being bitchy that the guardian cult saga line didn't go in until a week before head start, and has dickish quest requirements, while the defiant ones got lowered to a 100% drop and seal a bunch of random rifts)
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 08:09:38 AM

The defiant quest isn't as easy as it seems. Only major rifts count, and you or someone in your raid has to "tag" the final boss first otherwise it doesn't count. It's suprisingly tricky to complete. (But still easy than the old system of course).

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 08:15:09 AM

The defiant quest isn't as easy as it seems. Only major rifts count, and you or someone in your raid has to "tag" the final boss first otherwise it doesn't count. It's suprisingly tricky to complete. (But still easy than the old system of course).

Guardian is the same thing with tagging, but requires you to take out two invasion bosses, and have the 'tag' on them when they die.

I'll take the major rifts, please ;)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 10:46:01 AM

Pansy Guardian needing it easy.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 08:03:00 AM

Hotfix #3: 3/3/11 8:00am PST

RIFTS AND INVASIONS
* 'Seal' and 'Close' Rift quest objectives will now be obtainable even in large groups of players participating in the Rift.

COMBAT
* Increased the damage reduction bonus to players from Toughness against Expert Dungeon and Raid mobs.
* Increased the amount of Critical Hit bonus damage for Expert Dungeon and Raid mobs.

ARCHON
* Mental Flare: Now returns 30% of the caster's maximum mana pool over 10 seconds.

ZONES
* Newly Ascended Defiants who die near the wall between Freemarch and Silverwood will no longer respawn in Silverwood.
* Scarwood Reach: Defiants should now be able to activate the Ancient Wardstone in the Shatterbone Mountains.

WARFRONTS
* Improved AFK kicking in Warfronts.

ITEMS
* Adjusted the Plaques of Achievement drops for second tier Expert dungeons. Individual bosses now drop fewer Plaques, while completing the zone quest awards additional Plaques.
* Several Greater Essences had their effect disabled due to a bug. These no longer heal for the entire amount per tick, and their effects have been re-enabled once more: Glowing Planar Seed, Gleaming Life Crystal, Crystal Vine, Cauterizing Crystal, Gleaming Stone Seed, Spring Rain Crystal, Cauterizing Shard, Glowing Water Droplet, and Sparkling Extraplanar Gem.

UI/SETTINGS
* You may now use group member portraits as targets when casting a spell that requires you to select a target ('glowy hand' mode).
* Hovering over group member portraits will cause their character to become highlighted in the game world.
* Item discovery messages now display the discoverer's guild.
* Guild logs will correctly show the name of server first achievements earned.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 08:09:35 AM

(Size: 62MB)

Hotfix #4: 4/3/11 14:00 GMT

* Fixed an economy bug involving the Runebreaking ability.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* Greenscale’s Blight: Lockout timer has been changed from 3 days to 1 week.
* Players can no longer reset Expert or Raid instances that are locked to their party.
* Increased the bonus granted by Hit and Focus against Expert Dungeon and Raid mobs.
* Increased the Dodge and Resistances of Expert Dungeon and Raid mobs.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 10:04:03 AM

Quick turn around on those hot fixes.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 10:06:38 AM

Other than runebreaking, aren't they primarily database changes?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 10:12:22 AM

According to the forums, runebreaking is still disabled after that patch.

edit: also, it wasn't a hotfix, as they took the servers down for two hours. Unless there was a downtime AND a 'hotfix'
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 10:48:41 AM

Other than runebreaking, aren't they primarily database changes?

Some are harder than other to smash :)

Just bringing up the Identify > make change > test > live has been rather quick.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 01:04:33 PM

According to the forums, runebreaking is still disabled after that patch.

edit: also, it wasn't a hotfix, as they took the servers down for two hours. Unless there was a downtime AND a 'hotfix'
Forums are wrong, runebreaking has been working since the servers came up.

Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 02:05:59 PM

But they did remove your free mount if you don't have the Collector's Edition. Mine, at least, was gone when I jumped in this afternoon at lunch. Sigh.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 02:12:57 PM

I still have to wait until my copy gets here

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 07:00:43 PM

If you were in the head start Bzalthek, you could have been playing until this morning. I had forgotten to redeem my retail CD key and it wasn't until this morning's patch that the client complained.  awesome, for real

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 07:28:39 PM

I was playing the head start, I played last night.  I had classes to attend to though.  Course now spring break is here...

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 11:41:58 PM

(Size: 27.6MB)

Hotfix #5: 5/3/11 4:45 GMT

GENERAL
* Removed the 'turtle costume' left over on mounted characters whose turtle mount entitlements were removed for the end of head start.
* Tracking abilities no longer trigger global cooldown, which also reduces their effect on Rift contribution.
* Konstantin will no longer be tricked into respawning after being killed.
* Opening a received mail will not start the 3 day expiration timer.
* Mail containing account-level rewards will not expire.
* Guild Perks will no longer reset in some cases after future server restarts.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 11:18:22 AM

Alpha patcher is now open to everyone for testing.

Below are the key things you *must* know...

* Reduced the amount of zone event participation required to earn the rare Sourceshards.

* The macro system now supports the /suppressmacrofailures command, which will block the "Can only cast one ability per macro" and other messages generated by any commands following the /suppressmacrofailures entry.

* Updated Riding Chaps, Insoles, Padding, and Whetstones. All of these temporary items now have a duration of four hours, rather than 5-30 minutes.

* Added support for additional Turkish chat characters.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 11:50:31 AM

* Updated Riding Chaps, Insoles, Padding, and Whetstones. All of these temporary items now have a duration of four hours, rather than 5-30 minutes.

Thank you.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 12:30:47 PM

That /supressmacrofailures is a nice addition.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 02:30:45 PM

I'd love if it was default behavior. My favorite error message from macros is "you can only use one ability per macro". Which is not entirely true for when it pops up.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 05:44:53 PM

Hopefully that /suppressmacrofailures command indicates that using a macro as a priority list is intended behavior that they're not going to nerf.  I don't really like the 'watching cooldowns' game because X is always greater than Y, but X has a 15 second cooldown, so I need to pay attention to when it's up so I can cast it instead of Y.  I'd rather save my attention for deciding which spell to use when the spells are better or worse depending on the situation.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
ilyatha
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 04:54:49 AM

First major patch this morning.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?116378-What-a-Launch-it-s-Been!-(Rift-1.01-update)&p=1596472&viewfull=1#post1596472

Some good planned changes in the future as well.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 05:10:21 AM

Mostly good, but...
• Event Contribution. This system is being reworked to be more in line with the idea of events being massively social occurrences, and the focus on abilities themselves will be going away entirely.
Massively social occurences, wut? Will contribution be ranked on number of emotes per second?
• Dismount and Exposed.  Expect some changes here as well.
I expect those 'changes' will mean removing them entirely. I could live with only having green+ mobs dismount / apply the debuff, maybe...

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 05:26:57 AM

I don't like any of the mobs having the dismount/slow/extra damage thing. If you're tanking and positioning mobs in dungeons or rifts, you'll sometimes get hit in the back and get the debuffs. That's just retarded.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 05:31:46 AM

I'd prefer a full removal of 'exposed' as well -- it's also a pain when positioning multiple mobs while soloing, and forces you to backpedal (bleh) to avoid getting obliterated. Still, I don't see them removing them fully this early... (would be a good sign if they did, though)

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 05:56:18 AM

• PvE end-game difficulty better suited to the power of real end-game characters

remember when someone said it was a good thing rift was easier than wow?  awesome, for real

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 07:41:38 AM

I don't think it is.  I remember seeing that comment and was going to respond to it, but never got around to it.  Some of the lowbie dungeons have mechanics that are less facerollable than some wow high level dungeons.  I was going to note that the lack of LFD probably increases the quality of groups, because people that did more than Click Button > Join Group are actually putting some effort into it.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 07:47:50 AM

All that statement means is that if dungeons are too hard now they are going to make them easier and if they are easy then they will be made harder. They are saying endgame difficulty is being adjusted, so the real question now is from the people at max level if they are considering things 'too hard' or not?  If not, get the lube ready.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Patch notes  
Jump to: