Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:43:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 Bat Country Fantasy Baseball League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 Bat Country Fantasy Baseball League  (Read 20369 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: February 17, 2011, 09:53:02 AM

Bat Country 11 Fantasy Baseball League

League ID: 73375
Password: vanguard

Sign up now and start bitching about the format. Live draft is Sat. March 12 at 3:30 pm CST (4:30 EST, 1:30 PST).

WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 10:14:00 AM

In.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:34:01 AM

Graviton Otters are in!

I'm surprised OBP hasn't become a fantasy scoring mainstay. It's like WHIP for batters!  awesome, for real

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 10:44:23 AM

Except OBP has actual predictive and evaluative use, while WHIP is just wankery. OBPS is even better. Can we add one or both? And maybe shitcan WHIP for something like FIP or xFIP?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 12:12:02 PM

That FG league's saber-y 4x4 set-up is: OBP, SLG, HR, R and ERA, WHIP, HR/9, K which I think is quite good.  Swapping out WHIP for FIP is alright as well, or even for xFIP since actual HR rates would be accounted for via HR/9.

I have no idea if any of that is possible though via Yahoo.

(Also, in with the mighty Go Away Vernons.)

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 12:16:00 PM

In with the Autodraft All-Stars.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 12:46:55 PM

FYI, FIP is not available as an option in Yahoo leagues (unlike such awesome categories as "Ground into Double Play" or "Outfield Assists").

Also, OPS >>> AVG, and Quality Starts make a fine replacement for Wins.  Not that I'm in this league or anything.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 01:28:15 PM

Went back and added OPS and Fielding Percentage as batting categories, took out WHIP and added Quality Starts and Holds.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 01:39:09 PM

Hrmm, they have WHIP and K/9 but no rate version of HR so we don't have the component parts for FIP either.  Can't do xFIP either because there's no fly balls stat.

"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 04:20:48 PM

I'm in!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 05:44:36 PM

If I can think of a name, I'm totally in! It's part of my training to be a real baseball fan!  why so serious?

EDIT: I decided to be boring and call them The Jersey Girls (which is what I always call my fantasy football teams). Clearly these Jersey Girls moved to the Bay Area in the 50's.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:53:25 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 04:43:09 PM

Think we need 4 more people still.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 04:24:21 PM

Let's get some more peeps up in here!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 06:06:43 PM

8 days til the draft and we are still at 8/12 players. Surely there are baseball fans here who have not signed up yet!

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 06:47:26 PM

I'll sign up soon, waiting on draft time from other league.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 01:56:45 PM

I will likely be unable to make the draft time, so my status is in limbo  Heartbreak
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 01:57:09 PM

Noone will hate you for autodrafting!

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 11:05:23 PM

I'll sign the fuck up, if only to toss another name in the ring. You can expect me to be around the bottom, unless Bautista pulls off his magic again  DRILLING AND MANLINESS.

(I need time to study more players that aren't Blue Jays)

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 07:32:24 AM

Signed up as Monkey Pitch

WayAbvPar

Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 08:39:00 AM

I have a reminder to rank some players Friday afternoon. I may get stuck with toddler patrol on Saturday, so my live participation in the draft is suddenly iffy.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 11:30:13 AM

3 spots open last I looked but I think Ash had not signed up yet.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 12:08:02 PM

Looks like I will be able to live draft, which makes my team name completely stupid, but oh well. Still only 9 teams in.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 03:35:09 PM

I believe an even number of teams is required for the draft, so that will need to resolve itself or the draft will just cancel itself.  I'll officially be on autodraft, which sucks, but I try to make up for it by making many totally ridiculous trade offers.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 03:41:00 PM

Thinking it might be a good idea to swap some of those pitching states to rate stats instead of counting stats, with 5/6 pitcher stats being counting stats, cheesy pitcher churning looks really valuable.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 08:13:43 AM

Added save percentage, winning percentage and Strikeouts per Walks Ratio as pitching categories.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 08:18:16 AM

I believe an even number of teams is required for the draft, so that will need to resolve itself or the draft will just cancel itself.  I'll officially be on autodraft, which sucks, but I try to make up for it by making many totally ridiculous trade offers.

An even number of teams is only required for a head to head league. This is a roto league because some people hate H2H.

WayAbvPar

Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 09:12:01 AM

I resemble that remark!

I don't hate it as much in baseball as football, but I still think roto/points race styles indicate the more skillfully assembled and managed team over the course of a season.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 09:32:14 AM

I resemble that remark!

I don't hate it as much in baseball as football, but I still think roto/points race styles indicate the more skillfully assembled and managed team over the course of a season.

I think roto generally indicates who gives a shit and culls the weak in June.

That being said, if I'm not in the top half by mid-season and the Braves go into the tank, I will be accepting crazy trade offers before I go off the deep end and fill my team with Mets.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 07:15:19 PM

Arg, I think I might not be able to be around for the draft, so its up to the auto picker to save me!

Unless I can perhaps use a friends iPhone to draft somehow while we are up in Sonoma.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 08:02:48 PM

I know I won't be there since somebody put the tournament on a Saturday afternoon when I work in tax season!  Shaking fist

Worst. Draft time. Ever.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 08:07:42 PM

Unless I can perhaps use a friends iPhone to draft somehow while we are up in Sonoma.

Unless there's some kind of Yahoo Fantasy application I'm not aware of, you're SOL as the draft site requires Flash.

WayAbvPar

Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 12:38:28 PM

I completely missed it. Was feeling like crap and took a nap without my phone nearby; then watched the Pac10 championship game before I even looked at the reminder on my phone. Hopefully I am not to screwed.

Edit- not too unhappy- got 3 of my top 9 ranked players in the first three rounds.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:43:41 PM by WayAbvPar »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 13, 2011, 08:51:16 PM

I totally forgot to draft, and was rewarded with a hrrbl team. That's ok, I like rebuilding projects...

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 09:59:50 PM

I made it in time for the second half of the draft. I auto'd three SS's and then took Infante in the late rounds. It's looks like everyone has a solid guy there, but I'm open to offers.

<Graviton Otters>

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 06:25:20 AM

I have no idea what to think about the Frolics.  I'm weak at middle infield, which is probably how I'd have drafted it anyway, and I guess I'm going for power over speed.  I am a little worried about injuries.

Halliday, Kershaw, and Hamels makes me awesome, for real and I hooray for the Beard!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 Bat Country Fantasy Baseball League  
Jump to: