Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #6 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Game Day #6  (Read 25693 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: February 16, 2011, 09:18:51 AM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #6
** All games have to be played BEFORE February 26th **

** All games have to be played BEFORE February 26th **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:36:10 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 09:19:10 AM

Scores and Standings after Game Day #5

Scores:

Standings (5 played out of 7):

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

Player stats:

Team stats:

The Graveyard:

** All relevant info updated in the OP. You can always find up to date Scores and Standings there **

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 10:25:58 AM

What character here is Krummi so I can PM him?

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 10:32:14 AM

Krummi = Scadente on the forum, Love Truncheon on Steam.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 11:09:44 AM

Dammit Llyse!  Ohhhhh, I see.

Also, my thrower is the #2 passer in the league, lolz  ACK!

The big fight of the week is my defense of the #6 slot in the Cthulhu league!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:13:08 AM by Sky »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 11:40:43 AM

If you haven't already I guess you can assign my 2-0 win now, so I can watch my MVPs and TDs land in such a way that nobody levels.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 11:46:38 AM

You should think yourself lucky if they even land.

Last season half us didn't get shit from byes.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 11:48:18 AM

Oh good.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 11:50:47 AM

Dominic the Donkey, I've hired a new zombie with very special boots to honor your top ranking.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 12:11:58 PM

I need Strazos online. I wanna play.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 04:17:43 PM

Very short report. With a tie, I would virtually be already in the playoffs. With a loss, I am very close to be out.

And I lost. Strazos 1 - Falconeer 0

But how?

In the first half, turn 8, I was in the open with 3 women on the ball and only 1 defender desperately standing in front of my trio, 3 squares from the end zone. I forgot to hit B to blitz instead of performing a normal block. With the block succeding, I was open to score. And I succeded... but... forgot to hit B for blitz. So I down the guy... and can't move cause it's not a blitz. I knew I was supposed to blitz, I just forgot you have to hit B, or you are performing a standing block. Turn 8. Halftime. No score.

In the second half Strazos scored for a win. I lost.

If I had hit "B", I would be in the playoffs. I forgot to hit B, and I am out.

I hate myself.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 04:23:01 PM

You can also click on the blitz icon on the right of the screen as well as the keyboard shortcut.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 04:24:49 PM

You can also click on the blitz icon on the right of the screen as well as the keyboard shortcut.

Yeah that is what I do, click the lightning bolt thinger.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 04:32:13 PM

Yes, UI errors suck. I knew he wanted to blitz, was waiting for it...and took a moment to realize that he didn't blitz and could not move the ball any further. A real shame, but I was far from out of the woods. I had received in the first half, and between impotent blocking and Falc's great defense, I got nothing done on my reception and had to kick off in the second half.

Second half, and my team finally comes alive. I knock one of his great blitzers out early, and start getting some knockdowns. Amazons try to get some receivers upfield to grab and pass and dodge away from my now-tackleless Norse. My successful blocks in the midfield melee allow me to put 2 flanking blockers on each catcher, denying them any easy dodging.

Between a linewoman lost late in the first half to a foul call and some successful blocking, Norse manage to whittle the Amazons down. With their thinned ranks, the Amazons eventually falter under the brutal onslaught of the Norse. They get the ball and drag it up to the goal line, stalling for time out of fear for the Amazon's quick-strike ability. Late in the game, with their numbers dropping, the other star blitzer manages to make some incredible dodges out of the fray and throws a block at the ballcarrier. At this point, with Strip Ball, she has a 66% chance to pop the ball loose, which may have maintained the tie they so desperately needed. Unfortunately, this one-die block comes up with a skull...twice. The Norse promptly walk the ball in on turn 15 to take the lead. In the ensuing kickoff, the Amazons manage to knock a few linemen down, and a Norse Berserker piles on a linewoman and inflicts an injury for good measure.

1-0 Norse over Amazons. The Norse still need a win on day 7 to solidify their playoff spot.

EDIT: Just to reinforce how very much this was a case of a tale of two halves, I had a whopping 35% successful block rate against these blodgey women, a new all-time low for these Norse.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:36:41 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 04:39:21 PM

I could have had a giant BLITZ block word at the center of the screen.. I just forgot. It's not even a UI error. It's just that I am an idiot and I forgot. My brain blurried, I positioned my other player to blitz. And.. I didn't blitz.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 04:42:15 PM

Don't worry about it falc. Remember, you will thrash me next game day and the TD difference could probably put you through.

Hic sunt dracones.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 05:12:25 PM

Beetles lose 0-3 vs. the Comstar champeen Amazons.   Just a dodging nightmare, really.  Cages couldn't get anywhere with dodging blocking amazons prancing to and fro.  We really couldn't get our bony clutches on those hussies at all.  My kingdom for Tackle!

Star player was less useful this time, but he didn't steal the MVP at least.  I did remember to use my wizard - though I made a long-term pick-up-the-ball-positioning move with it instead of just lightning bolting the goddamned ball carrier, and that didn't work so well as the amazons merely elbowed my looming skeleton in the face and danced into the end zone.

The injuries inflicted by the fearsome Khemri mummy brigade?  One Amazon Blitzer got Badly Hurt.   swamp poop
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 05:20:27 PM

3-0 Amazons vs Khermi.

Having 2 players with Guard and 1 with ST 4 meant I can nearly always block down one Bigguy, and with dodging blodging Amazon's all over the place (6 Blodges) I could do a once dice block vs the rest. I thought he rather wasted the wizard just to be able to get a single skelly next to the ball carrier, when several times I simply walked up another Amazon and 2-dice blitzed the single skelly away and walked over to the endzone.

I Badly hurt him 4 times, but only once got through the regen. He was going to knock one of my girls out for next match, but the Apoc to the rescue.

One of my catch/dodge/block/sidestep Catchers got a skill - what should I get her next? I'm thinking Diving Tackle.

I will pay good money if AndyDevo loses more of his players in his game! Whichever one of us wins our next game, goes to the playoffs. If the final cash tally was the 80K I was promised, I could afford a star player...or keep a hold of it, and pray I can get a win without one.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 06:16:47 PM

I'm assuming Kailas is Kail? Let me know when you're free mate, and your gmt offset.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 07:07:40 PM

First half was categorised by failed blocks on my behalf, unable to get anything injured as well, while ezrast knocked out and injured a few of mine. I made some mistakes when trying to take him on the sidelines, getting caught up and blocked about a bit without getting the ball. Both of us felt rushed by the timer and made some last second errors or omissions. Down numbers I couldn't stop him running in to score. I had two turns to even it up.

On my final turn I just had to blitz a marker on my thrower, make the pass and a handoff and run it in. Failed the blitz block.

Second half went better for me. Received with it 10 (me) vs 11, but with the ball in my hands I controlled the field, tying his big guys up all over the place and taking down some Skinks finally. Got 4 of them off injured and one KO, but one used the apoth. I scored and went for the win with three turns to turn it around. Kicked off at 10 vs 9 this time. Back and forth a bit leaving it on the final turn to block a skink out of the way, pick up the loose ball and quick pass with my thrower, then handoff for the score. I had rerolls in the bank and felt good.

Failed the pass, 2 first time then the pass skill turned it into a 1.

1-1.

Ezrast is out of the finals.

Disappointed I didn't manage the second TD but ezrast played well for the draw and the dice jumped between us from half to half. In hindsight I should have scored earlier in the second half and not stalled trying to kill skinks unsuccessfully.

That's three games this season with points dropped on not unreasonable odds for TDs. First against Ice and then Llyse. I have to stop trying to run them in on turn 16...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:33:26 PM by lamaros »
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 07:31:58 PM

Whelp, 7 Deadly is out of the running* after a 1-1 draw with lamaros' Rape of Skabine.

Really frustrating draw though; I am hating 2-minute turns oh so very much right now. I made all sorts of play errors after spending too much time counting MV and figuring tackle zones; lamaros made a few too. Not sure any of it would have made a difference but there are half a dozen "what if" scenarios that will bug me forever.

I got some amazing block dice but the injury rolls were all on lamaros' side. I badly hurt an unskilled lineman and KO'd some players who came right back (at +1 from Bloodweiser); he badly hurt three skinks (1 saved by apoth) and dealt -1 AGI to a fourth, who will promptly be fired (I could've used the apoth but didn't bother since that skink already had -1 STR anyway). The undead, necros, and dwarves I've played in Battletech should be ashamed of themselves for doing less damage to me than a bunch of mice.

*100%, actually; the most I can end up with now is 11 points and either lamaros or Ingmar are guaranteed to have more than that after their game
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:33:55 PM by ezrast »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 07:46:52 PM

Really frustrating draw though; I am hating 2-minute turns oh so very much right now. I made all sorts of play errors after spending too much time counting MV and figuring tackle zones; lamaros made a few too. I got some amazing block dice but the injury rolls were all on lamaros' side. I badly hurt an unskilled lineman and KO'd some players who came right back (at +1 from Bloodweiser); he badly hurt three skinks (1 saved by apoth) and dealt a -1 AGI injury to a fourth, who will promptly be fired (I could've used the apoth but didn't bother since that skink already had -1 STR anyway). The undead, necros, and dwarves I've played in Battletech should be ashamed of themselves for doing less damage to me than a bunch of mice.

You were probably owed another casualty and I was owed one less, but I was hunting Skinks after all! :)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 07:50:39 PM

Well, just as I predicted in the last thread (me and nuffle know each other very well now), now that I'm out, luck swings my way with a 5 point margin win (not quite the 5-0 I predicted, but close):

Mearly A Flesh Wound 1 - 6 Hippies

This score is rather unfair though, as Cadaverine had some very very bad dice rolls.  Twice in a row, he rolled 1 for a pickup, rerolled, and got 1 again.  This alone got me an instant 2 turn TD on one of his kick offs.

I also was rolling a whole lot of 6's.

Err, I guess just watch the replay.  Lots and lots of fuckery with the dice.  I thought I was in danger early on as I started taking several knock outs, but every knock out got up at the next kick off.  Also, he gave me a good reminder that its actually possible for non elvish teams to pass, and scored a hilarious TD over me as I positioned myself without even thinking that possibility existed.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:55:21 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 07:54:51 PM

Another sucktastic showing from the Undead.  swamp poop

1 - 6 vs Teleku's dirty Wood Elf savages.  I swear to god, I've never seen so many 6's rolled.  Hell, his score is even a 6.  He shouldn't be playing Blood Bowl, he should be in Vegas.  I managed to get one injury, on a mercenary, but it was off a foul, so it was useless in terms of getting any SPP on my damn mummies. He managed to injure a zombie, and a ghoul. Without any players with Tackle, the elves just went were they pleased.  All in all, a pretty sad fucking display on my part.

PS:  Fuck Wardancers.  Shaking fist

Edit:  And yes, my one touchdown was pretty nifty.  I think it was the only two turns that I stopped hearing Yakkity Sax playing in my head.
Edit edit:  His Wardancer KO'ing herself on the GFI to get at the ghoul with the ball was pretty lulzy as well.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:58:51 PM by Cadaverine »

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 08:01:09 PM

Yeah, nuffle still wont grant me the ability to make a gfi, even now.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 08:16:50 PM

Leveled 2 dudes from my phantom game - I have a lineman with guard now, and Fredek, Bort's lesser known blitzer counterpart, will join in the mighty blow killing.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 08:30:42 PM

Dandies 1 Waivers 1

I was able to pick up Griff Oberwald, and he played out of his mind till he was injured halfway through the 2nd half. He scored for me in the first half, and Avivia was able to equalize at halftime. 2nd half started with a riot, then a failed pickup for the undead. Most of the 2nd half I remember as a scrum near his goalline. There was a turn where I could have got a 2d block on his ball carrier, but forgot to declare my blitz before dodging, and I believe the next turn he could have gotten his ballcarrier free, but for another forgotten blitz declaration! at Turn 15, the undead tried a blitzing 1d block w/ no rerolls in a desperate attempt to keep their playoff hopes alive, and the dice came up single skull. After a little pushing around, I had a catcher pickup the ball and 2 guys in the endzone, but could not complete a pass to snatch a late victory.

I was on the edge of my seat pretty much the entire game. One of my blitzer nearly died, but the apoth somehow turned a death into a broken jaw (miss next game.) This same blizter also picked up my MVP. No injuries of note to report besides that one.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 08:38:22 PM

No last week suspense for Necco this year, tied Dandies 1-1.  Dandies broke open the middle early on the first kickoff, stalled a bit and scored on turn 6.  Didn't quite stall long enough, Tombsnatcher the ghoul made a lovely dodge to blitz another defender, knocking him down and then strolling into the end zone on turn 8 to bring halftime.

Second half started ugly for the necros, with That Other Wold failing a pickup, then failing the reroll.  Things got a bit hairy around then, but Necco finally was able to get the ball free from their own goal line and started to move upfield at the end of turn 14.  Things were looking good at this point.

OR SO I THOUGHT.

Dandies had some impressive dodging going on, and managed to sidle several players up to the ball carrier, fat ogre boy included.  FOB had spent most of the game doing what ogres do best, being Really Stupid.  Necro team realized it was win or no playoffs, so they attempted a one die blitz to break free of the scrum near midfield.  Unfortunately, no rerolls left, and the skull of death came up.  Turn 15 consisted of kicking the ball around, and the Dandies failed a hail mary at the end.

Someone on the Dandies was dead for a bit, courtest of Mr Whitemane, but he managed to get stitched back up.  Star player Griff also felt the Claw of Whitemane (tm) later in the game.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 08:41:06 PM

On my final turn I just had to blitz a marker on my thrower, make the pass and a handoff and run it in. Failed the blitz block.

Except he wasn't actually marking your player, and you could have gone around him and made the throw you were going to have to make anyways, with a built-in reroll. That was definitely one of those 'wait, why is he... oh crap' moments watching the replay. Though I really thought you had learned the lesson and were going to pull off that td on turn 16, only to have your Thrower betray you.

An exciting game to watch, though. I thought ezrast was going to win at a few points -- no injuries on the crowd pushes, boo! -- but just too much of a rush to score early at the end, when he had 3-4 turns to get there.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 09:01:21 PM

Except he wasn't actually marking your player, and you could have gone around him and made the throw you were going to have to make anyways, with a built-in reroll. That was definitely one of those 'wait, why is he... oh crap' moments watching the replay. Though I really thought you had learned the lesson and were going to pull off that td on turn 16, only to have your Thrower betray you.

An exciting game to watch, though. I thought ezrast was going to win at a few points -- no injuries on the crowd pushes, boo! -- but just too much of a rush to score early at the end, when he had 3-4 turns to get there.

It was a short and not quick pass though. I still struggle with snap choices on the odds of those things.

Still bummed I failed that dodge first turn on the skink, that blitz would have won me the game.

Plus I think he needed to rush it a bit. Hard to score with a slow cage in four. I'd learnt my lesson from the first half and those fat lizards were getting marked every turn.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 10:21:34 PM

Not so nifty how the Helmets lost to Hoax's orcs 0-2. It was apparent that the chaos upstarts had no hope by the way the Orc team could time their scores perfectly to coincide with the end of each half. Somehow due to a lot of lucky single die blocks that went their way (often against an opponent with block) the Helms kept up the appearance of a close game for part of the first half, during which their loaner claw was feared as it tore through armor (but failed to cause significant injury). But by the sixth turn it was obvious that Hoax had his first goal, even if he dragged it out over two more turns as he stood next to the end zone. Thoughtfully, after he scored in his 8th turn he lined his scarlet Orcs across the scrimmage line to allow chaos one round of reprisals before the half ended (I believe this is also the point where chaos passed the ball in the backfield and received their only non-MVP SPP for the game as the reprisals did not generate casualties).
When the second half started, it was a reduced nifty chaos's turn to receive. While they held onto the ball for a few turns, Hoax's gray blockers did an excellent job of locking them down until out of desperation they gambled on a lucky pass letting them slip the ball past. Unfortunately the ag3 thrower could not connect and the scattered ball was soon collected by the Scarlet & Gray who took their time running it back so they could properly enjoy stomping the goats in their way (again perfectly positioned for the taunting one square to the goal on the last turn of the half/game).
Congratulations to Hoax and the Helms turn their sights towards the upcoming game with Hunks of Burning-love for their last desperate chance to get a mark in the win column.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:23:29 PM by Gruntle »
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 10:23:46 PM

Scarlet and Grey have regained a little bit of swagger through the easiest part of their schedule and have successfully beat up the little sisters of the poor two weeks in a row now to give themselves what will probably be a win and in for the playoffs in the final game.

Credit to Gruntle who was a game opponent and tactically made decisions I could find little fault in. At the end of the day though the match up was always going to be heavily in our favor with only three unskilled warriors versus a full compliment of blitzers and black orcs with half the black orcs having block already.

Not much to the game, textbook orcs really. His best chance to play spoiler and tie it up came with a pass that failed in the second half and beside that it was Scarlet and Gray using their superior bashiness and armor to control the field and grind out scores.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:32:05 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 09:03:13 AM

I had 50,000 in cash, rolled 50,000 in winnings, and now have 80,000. Damn goblins.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 09:37:27 AM

Aww, I just noticed that in BB, my stats for the 7 - 0 Nix game are at 2 - 0 now.  Does that mean all the stats for that game have been erased for calculating team and player stats?

-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 10:20:44 AM

Only in BBManager, Teleku, and no as far as I know the stats are all well and alive, but the score is different. That said, if it erased the stats it wouldn't be too bad considerinf only 3 of you had a chance to get the good stuff from NiX.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #6  
Jump to: