Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:28:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #6 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Game Day #6  (Read 25689 times)
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: February 24, 2011, 08:08:23 PM

It is done!  Rats defeat Mummies, 3-1.

Undead elected to receive, so as to begin the carnage immediately.  However, a Blitz! event combined with a kick that landed on the midfield line near the sideline resulted in a well-caged Rat possession with most of my team out of position.  It was a fairly easy score for the slippery Gutter Runners, though I did screw up by having a blitz on the ball carrier result in an unnecessary GFI (which failed).

The dice did not seem to be with the Undead in the first half, as 2d-blocks came up Push/Push and the rats 1d-blocks came up POW.  The first Undead push up was stalled well, and when the ball-carrier ghoul failed a simple dodge into open space, the Gutter Runners were there to capitalize and make it 2-0.  The Rats took the second-half kickoff straight down the sideline and made it 3-0 without much trouble.

The Rats seemed to relax at that point, and some of them finally started laying down for the Mummies.  The cage made quick progress and some good blocking and a key Mummy blitz opened up a line for the Ghouls to do their best Gutter Runner impression, advancing the ball from midfield, handing off, and scoring a moral victory.  There was enough time for another point, and the ball hit the ground a couple times, but it was to be a 3-1 final.

Fun match, I was really gunning for those runners but they proved too slippery this time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #6  
Jump to: