Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 06:34:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League * 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  (Read 212034 times)
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: February 11, 2011, 05:33:59 AM

In other news -- and because I accidentally double-posted -- I'd like to recommend everyone download the Community Content Pack over at the Cyanide forums, so they can see how colourful my sauruses are. There's also quite a few new skins for Skaven -- albino rats! -- and presumably other teams, though I haven't created many other new teams since installing it.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 05:36:53 AM by Ice Cream Emperor »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #141 on: February 11, 2011, 05:43:53 AM

Holy shit. This pack is cool. I had no idea. IceCream, make a thread for is, with instructions, known issues, content list and all, please. It deserves visibility.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: February 11, 2011, 05:53:23 AM

Sure, I'll post a thread. I hadn't heard of it either until some lizardman coach I was playing wouldn't shut up about his colour-coded sauruses.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: February 11, 2011, 05:57:19 AM

D/Ling it now.  Looks pretty badass, though I think they went a bit overboard with the tattoos on the Witch Elf.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: February 11, 2011, 06:47:01 PM

What the hell is happening here? I won two matches, one with the Drama Queers last night vs MA, and one with the Bishoujo All Stars today vs Llyse. They are visible in the team's log, but they don't show up in the League rankings. Not that I care, I still get XP and money, but it takes away from the fun and I can't fathom why is that happening. Any idea? Are your team records showing correctly in the League Ranking?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #145 on: February 11, 2011, 07:41:04 PM

Oh god, will somebody who's in the feeder league play me?  I keep asking, but nobody is available, so I keep having to play in public leagues for my fix.  And that sucks ass.  I'm going to be available for several more hours yet.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: February 11, 2011, 07:46:52 PM

Teleku I've been sitting on my ass for games all night. I guess you asked everyone but me  awesome, for real

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: February 11, 2011, 09:00:29 PM

Well, Lamaros was a good sport and played me right after I posted.  But I actually didn't ask you because I saw it was almost 5 AM your time, and figured you probably wouldn't be wanting to play a game.  I should have known better.    awesome, for real

I'll ask in the future!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: February 11, 2011, 09:19:06 PM

Ha! The 5am rule doesn't apply on fridays and saturdays. I just finished another bloodbath against Llyse  awesome, for real

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #149 on: February 11, 2011, 11:20:47 PM

Yeah definitely ask me as well in the future
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: February 12, 2011, 01:39:23 AM

My murderous Lizardmen team recorded it's first victory in a vengeance-fueled smashing of Llyse's humans. Sadly their consecutive-death streak was interrupted, though much blood was nonetheless spilled.

The game took a turn for the absurd when the second half kick-off landed directly in the hand of Kroqatl, my newly-purchased Kroxigor, who was standing dead center on the LoS. Having made the catch, Kroqatl proceeded to stare at this strange object in his hand...

Three turns, two rerolls, and four 1s later, he was still standing in the exact same place, evidently mesmerized by the austere beauty of the blood bowl ball.

Thankfully he finally got moving the next turn, and would not be distracted even by some impressive pratfalls and tumbling runs from the human team (who were not exactly having the best game, dice-wise.) Three turns after he finally began moving, he scored the first of what promises to be hundreds of touchdowns. Along with his two CAS and the first justly-rewarded MVP in modern memory, Kroqatl managed to earn more SPP in his first game than my Necromantic league team has earned in their entire season. He then rolled +agi, but I was forced to confront cold hard reality and take a useful skill instead.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: February 13, 2011, 04:31:11 AM

Who is bento808? I have an application in from this person, but I am not gonna accept it without knowing who s/he is.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: February 13, 2011, 04:43:17 AM

He's Japanese food combined with a drum machine, obviously.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: February 13, 2011, 01:18:41 PM

Ah ok, then he's legit.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #154 on: February 14, 2011, 11:44:54 AM

After thinking about this for a while I'm pretty sure there's no real good reason for us to care about where a team played before joining this league. The TV cap to go to the Real League should pretty much cover any farming shenanigans people could pull.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #155 on: February 14, 2011, 11:52:03 AM

Other folks in the league should be given fair chance to limit that sort of growth. Those of us that started in the formal league had to build the hard way.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #156 on: February 15, 2011, 03:35:14 PM

After thinking about this for a while I'm pretty sure there's no real good reason for us to care about where a team played before joining this league. The TV cap to go to the Real League should pretty much cover any farming shenanigans people could pull.

Disagree. I think the 1250 limit is appropriate.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: February 15, 2011, 03:45:04 PM

I think Ingmar is saying we should let in our teams from the Public leagues, as we'd have to trim them to 1250 TV if we wanted to play with the f13 League anyhow.

And I agree.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #158 on: February 15, 2011, 03:48:06 PM

I think you misunderstand me, by "this league" I mean the feeder league. I'm not asking for a change to which teams can jump to the real league, just that I don't see any good reason to keep teams that have been played in the public league or random pickup games out of the feeder league. The TV limit will protect the real league from any crazy farmed up teams or whatever. Like those other teams Llyse has, or that team that Iain played one practice game with, or whatever.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: February 15, 2011, 03:58:41 PM

Because then its more complicated to hold the "no league but the Feeder League" rule for teams joining the real league.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: February 15, 2011, 04:11:08 PM

Eh, there's always "view match record". Doesn't take long to check. Still, I guess you're going to annoy people if you let me bring in my leveled Goblin team to the feeder one and I go around killing people who wanted to take their team to the f13 league.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: February 15, 2011, 07:27:19 PM

Eh, there's always "view match record". Doesn't take long to check. Still, I guess you're going to annoy people if you let me bring in my leveled Goblin team to the feeder one and I go around killing people who wanted to take their team to the f13 league.
That's actually a pretty good reason for accepting your team, IMO.

New rule: outsiders are allowed into the feeder league on the condition that they are goblins or ogres?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: February 15, 2011, 07:48:53 PM

That's actually a pretty good reason for accepting your team, IMO.

New rule: outsiders are allowed into the feeder league on the condition that they are goblins or ogres?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

And halflings!

Seriously even though my ogre team with block that played 4 games would love to join I think  it's too much hassle for Falc to screen for tv, farming etc.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: February 16, 2011, 05:05:46 AM

I like the idea of an enclosed environement. Call it roleplaying, call it "aesthetics", I just like the idea that these virtual Players and Teams belong to this f13 world and nothing else.

That said, I don't think it's such a big deal to create a new team with the (almost same name of your Public League favourite ones and have them join the Feeder at 1000 TV. Whole  point of the Feeder League is to have fun while starting from the same point as everyone else, and eventually transfer to the Main. The ranking and hall of fame are not so significant, but I like the idea that they will eventually reflect everyone's effort in this random pool.

So yeah, if you don't like the other "flavour" reasons, I am against non-new teams as they would devalue the global Rankings and Hall of Fame.

Kalle
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: February 17, 2011, 09:51:53 AM

After six games my Snooty Royals are at the limit of what I can reasonably trim down to 1250TV. If I play more games I risk losing players to injuries that I can't afford to replace. Seven L2 players and an eleven man roster and I can just hit the target. Being forced to start with no money means it'll be a while before I can afford replacements again but that's a fair tradeoff and I do have an apothecary so that helps.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #165 on: February 20, 2011, 03:35:45 PM

Just played Haemish; noob Chaos vs noob Lizards so lots of blocks without Block skill hilarity. I had a 4 Saurus, no Kroxigor team and he had a fairly standard Minotaur and 4 CW team. The Block dice were mostly on his side and the armour dice were definitely in his favour too, he had full command of the pitch and outnumbered me after the first drive. There were several turns where literally all I could do was stand my guys up and press the end turn button. Despite that I managed to defend my endzone and score a couple of breakout touchdowns to sneak a 2-0 win. It would have been 3-0 but for an unlucky bounce on the last turn that put the ball into the hands of a Skink who had already finished his move - the plan was that the blitzing Skink would pick up the loose ball and run it in.

The match is on BBManager if anyone is interested. It's a fairly good demonstration of some common errors that are worth explaining. It's easy to get all of your players sucked into the blocks, especially if you are a reasonably bashy team or a team that doesn't do well at a passing game. It's hard to win if your opponent has a full field so the natural reaction is to try and thin his ranks a bit. In this game though, the Chaos team had more than enough blocking power against my Lizards without having to tie up all of their players. Controlling the pitch and being able to dump the opposition on the floor at will means nothing if you can't score or prevent scores. A single Beastman as a defensive back, prowling the centre of the backfield would have shut down both of my scoring runs. Likewise give yourself opportunities to win. If there are two turns to go then make sure you have multiple players who are within one turn's movement of the endzone, then concentrate on getting the ball to them. The last couple of games I've played I've managed to win despite the opponent having far more ownership of the ball than me and despite my team being too broken to seriously stop a decent attempt to score. Even if your team can't pass very well, having a couple of free receivers opens up options that you didn't have before and means your opponent has to pull players back to deal with them.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #166 on: February 20, 2011, 06:45:51 PM

IainC's completely right about that game. I mostly dominated the blocking but couldn't get shit going for an attack. The closest I got was too close to halftime and I managed to score nothing. Leaving a safety guy in the back, especially against things with the speed of skinks is a good idea.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #167 on: February 20, 2011, 06:54:39 PM

Nobody will play me...

\/\/\/\/\/ Yeah that no joke sucked.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:03:24 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: February 20, 2011, 06:58:12 PM

Nobody will play me...

You were dying of a fever when I asked   Ohhhhh, I see.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: February 20, 2011, 09:32:36 PM

Well, I'm staying up late tonight since I have the day off tomorrow (Thank you Abraham Lincoln for winning the civil war and emancipating the slaves.  It gives me a day off!).  So anybody interested in a game message me.  I might be dragged of for more League of Legends with friends though, so do it while supplies last.   awesome, for real

-Stephen Colbert
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: February 20, 2011, 11:17:47 PM

I just applied to join the league, though I made a mistake and applied with two teams.  I'd like my skaven team, I Smells a Rat, to be entered instead of the necro one.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: February 21, 2011, 01:11:50 AM

Ginaz, you can join with as many teams you like. I'll approve both.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: February 21, 2011, 02:05:25 AM

Ginaz, you can join with as many teams you like. I'll approve both.

Thanks.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #173 on: February 21, 2011, 01:41:00 PM

1-0 win for Lizards over Bann's Orks. Was a pretty bashy match, and Orks almost scored towards the end of the first half, but a saurus ran down the blitzer and put him in the KO box.

Second half had a scare for the scaled ones as a failed pick up allowed the orks to get dangerously close to the ball in the backfield. However, the slimeys recovered and ground the ball up the pitch for a late score.

Also, 1 dead lineork.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #174 on: February 21, 2011, 04:25:34 PM

someone play me

-William Gibson
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  
Jump to: