Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:53:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 163275 times)
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #490 on: January 14, 2011, 07:43:15 PM

Full match report later, but it was essentially Season 2's game redux.

Teleku did get a -1 STR to a lineelf but other than that...

And I wasn't being a gentlemen but more like ensuring that you're in the best condition you can be vs LAMERos  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

3-0 win to Alive not Dead
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 07:44:51 PM by Llyse »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: January 14, 2011, 07:45:17 PM

God darn it. I'm screwed. No way a unleveled team of Skaven can beat those blood Elves unless half of them are dead.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #492 on: January 14, 2011, 07:57:01 PM

I wouldn't say that.  We're the two fastest teams in the game.  We'll pretty much be dodging around each other the whole time, relying on nuffles will to see us through, so you could slip through easily.  I also haven't leveled up that much due to Llyse's aforementioned beating last season crippling me for a few games after, which killed my leveling.  As it is, I'm going to be walking into your game with 3 pickup mercenaries, because the rest are down (I actually only have a 10 man roster right now, because I still haven't filled a hole from a death.  I lost 3 90K catchers DEAD last season, plus another line elf.   Ohhhhh, I see.)

Also, I kind of suck at this game.
Teleku did get a -1 STR to a lineelf but other than that...
In other, unrelated news, I'd like to announce that Elanel has just been promoted to my new center linesman!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #493 on: January 14, 2011, 08:05:38 PM

I wouldn't say that.  We're the two fastest teams in the game.  We'll pretty much be dodging around each other the whole time, relying on nuffles will to see us through, so you could slip through easily.  I also haven't leveled up that much due to Llyse's aforementioned beating last season crippling me for a few games after, which killed my leveling.  As it is, I'm going to be walking into your game with 3 pickup mercenaries, because the rest are down (I actually only have a 10 man roster right now, because I still haven't filled a hole from a death.  I lost 3 90K catchers DEAD last season, plus another line elf.   Ohhhhh, I see.)

Also, I kind of suck at this game.

Pssht. You have kick, a thrower, two leveled wardancers, a whole team at 4 agi, a 5 agi lineman etc etc etc. I've got nothing! I'm just going to play for the injuries to be honest. I'm averaging 2 a game so far... those wardancers better get carving tombstones.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: January 14, 2011, 08:18:27 PM

If you hate wood elves (half the world) watch the replay else summary as follows.

Teleku won the toss and choose to receive to open up with the scoring and dodge through the tackle less Necromantic with poise bar one uncoordinated catcher who ko'ed himself going for it turning over play.

Alive not dead's response was to throw blocks and mark the possible receivers and koing another hapless elf.

This set the tone for the entire match with failed dodging and small blocks resulting in ko's.

Overall there weren't many killer blocks thrown but Rob the Zombie had a nasty right foot fracturing an arm and smashing a collarbone with some totally legal kicks  this guy looks legit

This continues until the second half where the score is 3-0 now.

Teleku is down to no more than 6 elves but still valiantly attempts to get on the scoreboard with his precious war dancer breaking down field with a lone catcher as support.

His antler helmeted leading quarter back has to scramble away from Calvin's slavering maw and burns a reroll but makes it to throw a long bomb to his catcher who fails to catch while marked by a Wight.

The ball rolls away onto the Necromantic touchdown line where's swarmed by a Benson the Wight, a ghoul and Hobbes as well as Teleku's lone war dancer.

It's a dodge into three tackle zones and a pickup with 3 markers but the lesbian elf has balls of steel and goes for it dodging and misses picking up the ball for a TD by the barest of margins in a pile of unholy flesh and bone.

The match ends on a comedic note with Dominic the zombie making an interception on the edge of the penalty box  awesome, for real
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: January 14, 2011, 08:25:28 PM

Still bitter about that.  How does an Agi 2 ZOMBIE intercept a god damn ball.   Ohhhhh, I see.

There was only one interception in all of last season!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: January 14, 2011, 08:33:53 PM

Heh so proud of that.

Pro tip interventions only happen on a 6 unless the catcher has nerves of steel.

So agi 2 doesn't make a difference for interceptions.  awesome, for real
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #497 on: January 14, 2011, 08:46:28 PM

Ah, your right, only the real races who have agi 4 or above make a difference when trying to intercept.  I just remembered agi did make a difference, so judged on that.   Still a fucking Zombie intercepted a passed football?

-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: January 14, 2011, 08:53:30 PM

Heh so proud of that.

Pro tip interventions only happen on a 6 unless the catcher has nerves of steel.

So agi 2 doesn't make a difference for interceptions.  awesome, for real

Not entirely true. Though true for your team. :P

Just wait until I get my 5 agi Gutter Runner with Leap, VLL and Big Hand. (A man can dream...)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #499 on: January 14, 2011, 08:56:10 PM

I'm so sad that I only managed to pull the agi 5 on a line elf.  I have to figure out wtf to do with him now..

-Stephen Colbert
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #500 on: January 14, 2011, 09:03:02 PM

Bashtards lose 3-0 to Comstar's harpies. Surprise!  why so serious?

Some fun moments as I ignore all odds. My favorite may have been the long pass in the rain, or blitzing into his full pocket, popping the ball loose and then breaking my thrower free to pick it up, in the rain, with a couple tackle zones on him.

Besides my utter lack of knowledge in tactics, how to deal with formations, how to make formations; I forgot his catcher's side-step...and then forgot his other catcher's side step. Biggest mistake was missing a blitz with Varag, I thought he didn't have enough move to make it to save the TD. Also tried to reroll a kickoff pickup with Varag (after my thrower was KO'd) and he Loner'd on me.

So much to learn and then remember. Comstar made it fun, even if he tried fouling my poor newbs. And I didn't get ANY casualties on him, bah. He got some nice easy SPP and mvp went to his secondary catcher, so watch out!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:14:44 PM by Sky »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: January 14, 2011, 09:08:24 PM

3-0 Amazons over Orcs.

Sky was up against it, but he made a mistake early on in my view by not taking a wizard - I think they are pretty key at stopping late half touchdowns, though I've never used them. Varag was a good choice...but I don't think he worth the price for what he did in the game.

The first 3/4's of the match was raining...which caused endless problems for the Orks. It only stopped raining after their thrower was badly hurt off the field, the only causality of the match apart from some KO's.

Despite having 4 blitzers, 4 Black orks and Varag, the Orks never got much of a chance to control the block dice, and with 5 of the Amazon's having Blodge, it was pretty hard for them to knock more than 1 Amazon down a turn. The girls stayed out of reach most of the time, forming loose cages and dodging around the flanks to always put pressure on the ball carrier. One of the touch downs were as a result of he Orks not guarding the thrower and him failing to pick it up in the rain, the second one was Varag failing to pick it up either.

The Orks had a chance to even the score in the first half when their thrower made an unexpected and surprising perfect pass in the rain, I was completely surprised by that and completely unprepared for it. They also tried to do several dodges in the first half, which also shocked me - it was like playing vs a Human team, not an Ork one.

3-0 to the girls, and no damage to either team, though the Orks only got 20K out of it, they do get to skill up their Thrower. He deserved their MVP, what with picking up the ball in two tacklezones in the rain.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:05:29 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: January 15, 2011, 08:50:03 AM

I really want to say thanks to Teleku. In general I hate wood elfs with the passion of a thousand burning suns, but Teleku makes them fun.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #503 on: January 15, 2011, 04:18:36 PM

North by Northwest 1 - 0 Gut Spillers

I am pleased with my players for this match. None of them were weak enough to sustain any serious injuries, though the two who allowed themselves to be knocked out will be punished severely. Had one player sent off for "foul play", but the opposition had clearly paid off the referees (more than I had) - it was a clean tackle for sure. Started on the defensive, then grabbed an opportunity for a quick counter-attack as soon as the chance reared it's ugly head. Almost had a second goal in the last round of the game, with a runner idling in the endzone, but my drunk (on blood) werewolf of a player couldn't make the pass.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: January 15, 2011, 05:03:23 PM

If you hate wood elves (half the world) watch the replay else summary as follows.

No replay on BBManager?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #505 on: January 15, 2011, 06:39:55 PM

Peace Dogs learned that they are certainly better at Peace than war... or Blood Bowl for that matter. They lost 3-0 to IainC's Dark Elf Spleen Flay Hackers in a match that was over by halftime. Peace Dogs inexperience and dedication to bitching hairdos was ultimately their downfall, as the overuse of magical elven war steed seed for maximum hair hold rendered them impotent in the block. The match started with some cagey back and forthing before the unprecedented levels of elven sweat caused the stinging substance to ooze down into a lineman's eyes. His fumbled pass near his own goal line lead to the first Dark Elf touchdown and it was all downhill from there. Four players in all, including the specially hired star player Zara, ended up in the apothecary's tender graces. Even the usually bloodthirsty Assassin's had to feel pity for the Peace Dogs - multiple times they watched their opponents score from their backsides.

Sky's Orcs are next! I forsee much bashing to be endured.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #506 on: January 15, 2011, 06:45:09 PM

Haemish and I just played. The first half was a very exciting game with a lot of breakaways and the ball moving all over the pitch. I tried a cheeky dash for the line about 3 turns in only to get clotheslined in short order. Haemish picked the ball up and built a cage around the ball carrier only to suffer a few unfortunately timed turnovers in subsequent turns that left his ball carrier exposed. He panicked and fluffed a throw leaving me to pluck the ball up and walk it in one turn from the end. With only one turn on the clock for the half and being the kicking team I set up in a fairly defensive formation with my key players off the scrimmage line, this nearly worked against me as the kick off event was a blitz, I pushed some players in deep to threaten whoever picked the ball up only for Haemish to suffer from a unlucky block result and turnover before getting the ball safe. I swooped in to score again right on the whistle.

The second half saw only 9 shiny Elves on the pitch thanks to the tender ministrations of the Witch Elves, I quickly reduced that number still further and got in a disgustingly blatant foul that injured his star player. It got my random linesman sent off too but I was more than happy to make that exchange. Once again Haemish built a cage around the carrier and, thanks to the blizzard that had started since half-time, I wasn't too concerned about his deep receivers. I whittled down his cage until he had nothing standing up then picked the ball up and moved it to a safe corner. A few more of the shiny Elves had to be stretchered off the pitch and then I casually strolled across the line to make it 3-0. The very last turn was mostly spent chasing the surviving shiny Elves down and hurting them.

Haemish took a lot of risks and the dice kicked him hard in the nuts for it, I had almost no bad luck at all for a change.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:03:40 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #507 on: January 15, 2011, 06:49:43 PM

Well, I just did all I can do regarding port forwarding and a static ip address.  All I can do now is pray that I can connect to Sir T as well as I have most random opponents, etc.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: January 15, 2011, 06:51:48 PM

an give it a try tomorrow if you like.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #509 on: January 15, 2011, 08:32:46 PM

That's the plan.  I'll be here tomorrow afternoon, ready to give it a go.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #510 on: January 15, 2011, 08:37:23 PM

Yes, it's a SP game. Still, pretty funny, against Lizards no less...

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: January 16, 2011, 12:16:23 AM

North by Northwest 1 - 0 Gut Spillers

I am pleased with my players for this match. None of them were weak enough to sustain any serious injuries, though the two who allowed themselves to be knocked out will be punished severely. Had one player sent off for "foul play", but the opposition had clearly paid off the referees (more than I had) - it was a clean tackle for sure. Started on the defensive, then grabbed an opportunity for a quick counter-attack as soon as the chance reared it's ugly head. Almost had a second goal in the last round of the game, with a runner idling in the endzone, but my drunk (on blood) werewolf of a player couldn't make the pass.

That 1-0 score was very flattering towards me.  My guys got pushed around almost at will and I couldn't get out of my my end.   I'll probably have to replace once of my wights, if I can, because he now has -1MV. ACK!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #512 on: January 16, 2011, 05:39:01 AM

The match started with some cagey back and forthing

Wow Haem, that failed Go For It in turn 4 really screwed your game (not to mention the fumbled pass on an AGI4 team due to lack of rerolls  awesome, for real ) . But I think you would agree that GFI has been a huge mistake. You should have probably put the ball carrier in a safe place before risking any 16.67%-prone turnover action. Or am I reading that wrong?

In other news, all matches validated and all replays uploaded in BBManager. Sorry for the delay, I've been distracted by Tera. 5 days to go, only 3 matches to go. Good job everyone!

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: January 16, 2011, 05:50:06 AM

Gruntle and I are playing this evening fyi.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #514 on: January 16, 2011, 11:00:22 AM

Ezrast and I probably won't get around to playing until tomorrow or Tuesday. All my fault for how long its taken.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: January 16, 2011, 05:19:23 PM

Team Snoosnoo beat up on Nifty Helmets by a 3-0 score. The tale was really about the injuries, however. Three Warriors injured in serious fashion, one dead. With so few players on the field there was an inexorable green tide slowly marching down the field to pick up the second and third scores. Black Orc Jessie was responsible for the death and one of the serious injuries.

Two storylines evolve: can Nifty Helmets recover from the terrible loss and injuries and can Snoosnoo turn this walloping into a playoff berth instead of wilting under pressure like last season?
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #516 on: January 16, 2011, 05:45:25 PM

Yup, the Nifty Helmets solemnly mourn the death by SnooSnoo of ... erm, I didn't figure out how to set the names before I submitted the team, so the name doesn't matter ... on his first and only appearance. The early use of the apothecary to prevent a Chaos Warrior's nonfatal injury was a bad choice on my part as I had taken the wizard (whose fireball did not provide the needed miracle) instead of a second apothecary.

El Helmets were pretty handily outplayed: SnooSnoo scored easily in the first half and then set about knocking down the Helmet's team on our one could've been promising except it was too late drive, they then went on to score twice more in the second while acquainting the remaining (and heavily outnumbered) chaos side with the taste of turf.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: January 16, 2011, 07:34:23 PM

4-0 to the Skaven. Went about as well as I expected. Would have been more but my team decided to actually play the game for half of the second half rather than lie on the ground making flower chains. And I managed to pin the Skaven ball carrier for 3 turns. Jruvualt played his rats very well.

Replay uploaded to BBmanager.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #518 on: January 16, 2011, 07:41:38 PM

Rat Country 4 - 0 Harbingers of Homeopathy

I'm pretty happy about my investment in Fan Factor as winning kick-off rolls definitely helped me in this match.  I managed to score early after a blitz on Sir T's first possession, and then twice more by Halftime.  A riot event took some turns off of the clock on the kick-off to me on round 9, and it looked like I was going to score another quick touchdown, and leave enough time for a fifth, but Sir T's Beast of Nurgle burst into a cluster of Skaven and made it difficult for my passer to move around and pass.  I still scored a fourth TD, but with only two more turns left on the clock so I waited it out close to my endzone while a few brave linemen ran interference during Sir T's final possession.

Sir T had some poor luck on block rolls early in the game during his first two possessions which gave me an edge, and really allowed me a lot of mobility with my gutter runners (both of whom are now level 2).  No deaths on either side, also, though Sir T did manage to get a "badly hurt" on a gutter runner late in the game.  Nurgle are tricky in the beginning so I'm pretty happy that I played Sir T this early in the season.  If it had been later in the season when his players will have block, and other skills, I definitely wouldn't have been as fortunate.  Also, that Beast of Nurgle is a serious pain for a Skaven team.  My game really ground to a halt when he was able to move it out.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #519 on: January 16, 2011, 08:30:37 PM

Also I was down to 10 men for most of the first half.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #520 on: January 16, 2011, 11:57:43 PM

4 TDs, but according to the Hall of Fame, very little rushing yardage for my rats.  I should've had my gutter rats run sideways on those short TDs.

Raoul Duke and Sebastian Owl both have Wrestle now though.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #521 on: January 17, 2011, 02:42:26 AM

So, we are waiting on what, one game, before we tick over into day two?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: January 17, 2011, 03:56:44 AM

So, we are waiting on what, one game, before we tick over into day two?

Just Nix and ezrast to go.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #523 on: January 17, 2011, 04:25:53 AM

Yes, League cannot advance unless all games are played. It's a good 3 days before deadline, but please, while I want to play too, let's not put any pressure on those who still have to play: it's in their right to play on the last day, and I am pretty sure they couldn't do it any sooner. So be patient, Game Day #2 will be on in 4 days anyway.

And this is not to say that anyone has been impatient. Only to remind us all that it's ok if we have to wait the whole 9 days. Not everyone is online to play every night like me (yeah, I have no life in Italy)  awesome, for real

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: January 17, 2011, 05:54:55 AM

Morsel 1 - 2 The Elvis Impersonators.

Watch the rep, but the tl;dr version is that drogg played well to stall the game to a 1-1 after I overstreched myself on a blitz (and failed a 2+ catch once I got under it). With three turns left to play, he placed an amazing kick deep into my half AND got a blitz to really put the pressure on my backfield. I wasn't able to get the ball out, and the Skinkzerg got away for a second td.

I just watched the replay and I have to say you were very unlucky. Played well but the dice weren't with you. A couple of minor things might have saved you a draw, but you can't do much when the dice are against you.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: