Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:53:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 163309 times)
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: January 12, 2011, 12:28:01 PM

Good thing we have a subforum
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: January 12, 2011, 12:32:16 PM

I shall respond in picture form

Its on bitches.

(Yeah I know its Godzilla but he looks like a Rat in the photo. Sue me)

Hic sunt dracones.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: January 12, 2011, 12:50:14 PM

Burrowing Beetles lost 0-4 to the Wishmasters Wildcards.  Dark elves scampered freely about after early injuries to a couple of skeletons.

More importantly, the loss was not the traumatic part - rather, the untimely demise of the Beetles' Thro-Ra was a cruel blow from the obviously evil dark elves and this is the real tragedy here we should be focusing on.

RIP Saayt Apokis, you were taken from us too soon at the tender age of 7522.

P.S. The Beetles may have some problems picking up the ball in the future without Mr. Sure Hands Apokis.   ACK!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:53:08 PM by proudft »
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #423 on: January 12, 2011, 12:58:34 PM

Burrowing Beetles lost 0-4 to the Wishmasters Wildcards.  Dark elves scampered freely about after early injuries to a couple of skeletons.

More importantly, the loss was not the traumatic part - rather, the untimely demise of the Beetles' Thro-Ra was a cruel blow from the obviously evil dark elves and this is the real tragedy here we should be focusing on.

P.S. The Beetles may have some problems picking up the ball in the future without Mr. Sure Hands Apokis.   ACK!

Man, you lost your Throw-Ra after the first game?! That's just... I don't even. Hiiiilllaaaaarious.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: January 12, 2011, 01:03:56 PM

Comisserations.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: January 12, 2011, 01:05:12 PM

We don't want pity, we want vengeance!   Mob
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #426 on: January 12, 2011, 01:11:33 PM

What the fuck  Ohhhhh, I see.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #427 on: January 12, 2011, 02:16:14 PM

Sky had a great idea to create a smack talk thread, but it got denned with the instructions to instead do it here.

Sure. Recruitment, results, schedules, strategies, tips, smacktalk, celebrations, everything in one thread. What a good idea.
I really wonder what's the big deal with a subforum that we can't get one, not even buried in the graveyard, or a short note on why not.

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #428 on: January 12, 2011, 02:20:17 PM

And on the wrong side of the planet. Should be fun scheduling a 16 hour time differential when I have limited windows of gaming time.
Hoax and I are having the same fun.
We're currently looking into google calendar to see if it handles the time zones well, so we can find a spot we both have free.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: January 12, 2011, 02:21:06 PM

I'm laughing IRL at the dead Thro-Ra situation.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #430 on: January 12, 2011, 02:21:18 PM

Maybe we should have regional divisions in S4?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: January 12, 2011, 02:38:39 PM

We don't want pity, we want vengeance!   Mob

That's about all you can get, as you'll never be able to get a hand on the ball now!

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: January 12, 2011, 02:50:16 PM

This may not be a bad idea, at least for a one season try. Obviously they won't match up perfectly and a few people will end up in divisions they're far from physically but them's the breaks.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: January 12, 2011, 02:51:51 PM

i feel bad for the dead throw ra, i was actually a little gutted when i saw what had happened. Then someone shouted from the stands that "there is a better dark elf team in this league, wtf you going to do about it" and it made my lads all the more violent.  

In all seriousness, i'm playing up 400tv next game so this could be where that throw-ra gets his revenge.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: January 12, 2011, 03:03:20 PM

This may not be a bad idea, at least for a one season try. Obviously they won't match up perfectly and a few people will end up in divisions they're far from physically but them's the breaks.

I dunno, I think it is better to see if it is a problem. We seem to be a mix of euros, aussies and americans (from all abouts), so you're going to have problems with time anyhow, there's no even numbers for regional breakdowns.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #435 on: January 12, 2011, 03:33:29 PM

We worked it out, not a big deal. Game on Friday night (my time).
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: January 12, 2011, 03:50:03 PM

You can't have more than a 12 hour time difference, because, you know, rotation. On a weekend even that isn't really a big deal. I wouldn't worry about it.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #437 on: January 12, 2011, 03:52:00 PM

I'm laughing IRL at the dead Thro-Ra situation.

My picks are as follows.

-Wildcards over Beetles ***My pick for most lopsided victory

I'm smiling broadly in the computer lab, also I called that game as a blowout, also I said nobody should play Khemri its such a joke when you compare them to Undead Mummies shouldn't have mighty blow and TG's should imo. I wanted to like them because I always liked their fantasy armies and they look cool in-game but fuck their lineup is unjustifiably bad.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: January 12, 2011, 03:52:24 PM

Man, you lost your Throw-Ra after the first game?! That's just... I don't even. Hiiiilllaaaaarious.

He's also on a treasury of 60k, that's the most he could possibly have while not being able to afford a replacement Thro-ra.   why so serious?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: January 12, 2011, 04:08:21 PM

Yep, I just logged in to see we were updated and that was my new treasury.  A mummy curse for everyone!     Tantrum
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: January 12, 2011, 04:32:17 PM

Strong start for Strongman:

Dice played their roll, but the greenskins proved that the Muscles aren't from Brussels!

Aided by Varag Ghoulchewer the burly Orcs overcame the puny barbarians!

Taking the lead about midways through first half; victory was cruised home after the Norsemen failed to adequately cage the ball-carrier.

Strongman 2 - Diplomatic Immunity 0

and one Norseman down with -1 MV.

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #441 on: January 12, 2011, 04:41:01 PM

Yup, dice certainly played their part...the stats will be interesting to look at. Think the Orks failed...maybe 1 block the whole game?

It was pretty harsh.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: January 12, 2011, 05:00:43 PM

All replays so far uploaded, and all matches validated.

Scadente win over Strazos should close any debate about new vs. old teams. Scadente had almost 600 TV less than Strazos, and got a sound 2 - 0 win. Promising!

Strazos

Reply #443 on: January 12, 2011, 05:07:21 PM

I'd say the inducements were pretty damn helpful - another big blocker, reroll, some other nonsense.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: January 12, 2011, 05:25:47 PM

Yup, dice certainly played their part...the stats will be interesting to look at. Think the Orks failed...maybe 1 block the whole game?

It was pretty harsh.

That stats don't say anything other than "stop rolling so many one die blocks".  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 05:38:09 PM by lamaros »
Strazos

Reply #445 on: January 12, 2011, 05:28:58 PM

I wasn't given much of a choice, especially since they have more 4str players. Between that and positioning, I had to try to make something happen.

That and I couldn't break armor to save my life.

Fear the Backstab!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: January 12, 2011, 05:37:43 PM

I wasn't given much of a choice, especially since they have more 4str players. Between that and positioning, I had to try to make something happen.

That and I couldn't break armor to save my life.

Aye, it looks like a tough matchup. But from a glance at the stats from BBManager it does look like just a tough matchup, not tough dice. Hard to say w/o watching the game, but you're not expected to break armor more when you've Norse against Orc, and the hits once you did look fairly reasonable both sides.

Edit: There are now more posts in the three recent Blood Bowl threads than the entire Minecraft subforum, and halfway to the LoL forum...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:39:15 PM by lamaros »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: January 12, 2011, 06:51:07 PM

The Bell Jar Utd. bested The Dandies 2 - 0 for a feminist head start.

A good match for me, luck has been pretty gentle on the both of us, and I think the higher TV of my Amazons is what made the difference. Some skilled key players did what they were supposed to do, with a wise and consistent use of the Guard ability.

There has been some drama at the end of the first half where I planned poorly my penetration in the human red zone and one of my girls fell a few yards short of the goal line. But it all ended happily for me, with a dodgy TD in round 8.

If I may say something about Bann, I think he wasted the 400K inducements. First of all, with a team of just 11, getting a Star Player was kind of mandatory because of the inherent strength of the player, and because it was a rational way to make sure you had some turnover (in fact, he had to start second half with 10 men due to injuries). Instead, I think he invested in bribes, wandering apothecaries, and a wizard that I'm pretty sure he forgot he had. On both my TDs the wizard was SCREAMING from the stands "USE ME! USE ME!" but nothing happened, and I scored while thanking mother forgetfulness.

In the aftermath, I got a nice level up for throweress Sylvia Plath (about time!) who earned a sweet +1 AGI, and for blitzeress Mary Wollstoncraft that now makes a nasty lev. 3 pair with Virginia Woolf. And I hired a new catcheress, a young hot prospect named Staceyann Chin.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: January 12, 2011, 07:34:07 PM

I always always always forget to use my wizard.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #449 on: January 12, 2011, 09:14:55 PM

Morsel 1 - 2 The Elvis Impersonators.

Watch the rep, but the tl;dr version is that drogg played well to stall the game to a 1-1 after I overstreched myself on a blitz (and failed a 2+ catch once I got under it). With three turns left to play, he placed an amazing kick deep into my half AND got a blitz to really put the pressure on my backfield. I wasn't able to get the ball out, and the Skinkzerg got away for a second td.

Well played Lizardmens, and yes Hoax, I did try to murder his Krox.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: January 13, 2011, 12:18:27 AM

Morsel 1 - 2 The Elvis Impersonators.

Watch the rep, but the tl;dr version is that drogg played well to stall the game to a 1-1 after I overstreched myself on a blitz (and failed a 2+ catch once I got under it). With three turns left to play, he placed an amazing kick deep into my half AND got a blitz to really put the pressure on my backfield. I wasn't able to get the ball out, and the Skinkzerg got away for a second td.

Well played Lizardmens, and yes Hoax, I did try to murder his Krox.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
my poor krox was injured on the very first move of the game.  and somehow megrim never once succumbed to bloodlust - but i did get a few lucky breaks on offense and managed to tie up or knock out most of the vampires so it was mostly his thralls on my skinks.  add in morg n' thorg getting busy with his new thrall friends and a failed long bomb and my little guys managed to barely eke in a final TD on turn sixteen.  only four or five injured, and only one of those serious, so i'll hopefully be in good shape for the next scary team that wants to beat up poor drogg.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: January 13, 2011, 01:03:07 AM

Wow. 2 teams out of the Top 4 from last Season opened against noob teams and lost despite the 500+ TV difference. Amazing.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: January 13, 2011, 01:19:17 AM

Well don't expect me to win. If I get the ball into the opposition half I'll be surprised. The last 10 games I have had against the computer have been the most depressing games of anything I have ever played.

Me and Rusvelt tried playing last night but we had that stupid connection issue and I really don't know how to resolve it.

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: January 13, 2011, 01:51:12 AM

One of you, or both, has to one his router ports. It's not so hard to do, if you need assistance contact me on Steam and let's see if we can do it. But basically, youhave to follow these guidelines: http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21955&p=329651#p328687

---instructions begin---

Below are two links. The first is to setup static IP's manually depending on what OS is being used.

The second link is to port forwarding instructions for a wide range of routers.

1. http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

2. http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... rindex.htm

The links above provide instructions for manually setting the required parameters. There are programs that automate it but in my experience they are not as reliable. I have found that static ip's don't remain static and ports don't actually forward properly on some machine setup's. This is why I personally do everything manually and have had no problems what so ever this way.

The ports that need forwarding are:

It has been said that these ports only need to be forwarded in UDP. However I always forward both UDP and TCP. On two occasions after forwarding UDP nothing worked, then when I forwarded TCP aswell they did. I do not know why this is the case and could possibly be just coincidence.

Also it is best to create a rule for each port seperately, one each for TCP and UDP, totalling 6 rules. I do this as I have had problems when forwarding TCP and UDP under the same rule.

It may also be the case that firewalls will impede the settings. In this case I have found the best process is to create exceptions for each port in the firewall. This may prove to be a security threat to the computer but in my experience is the most successful way.

You can instead create exceptions in a firewall for the actual Bloodbowl program but I have found on occasions that this is not always successful.

(I personally have used both the above methods.)

Also please be aware that some firewalls actually control the Windows firewall so check both. You may think you have disabled Windows firewall but infact your personal firewall may be controlling it.

This brings me neatly to my final point. Shutting down a firewall does not always mean that its rules will be turned off. Apparently some firewalls will lockdown certain ports if they are turned off, so it is always best to have the firewall turned on but configured correctly. (why the firewalls behave this way is beyond my limited knowledge).

---instructions end---

EVERYONE DO IT OR YOU MIGHT BE PREVENTED FROM PLAYING, EVEN IF IT ALWAYS WORKED WITH EVERYONE SO FAR!

Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: January 13, 2011, 04:16:01 AM

Yes, the inducements helped.

Mostly it was Varag, who did one CAS, and was a psychological and visual menace. The bribe was wasted on turn 1, but I got a KO out of it. The Extra Re-roll didn't harm, but I didn't use it in the second half and the Babes didn't do jack afaik.

The really nice thing About Orcs is that you can reliably cover Tackle Zones once you commit, and usually not lose those players to blocks. Which can be a real pain to deal with for AG3 teams. Since suddenly most of your players get tied up and either have to block or perform risky dodges. I also had the Strength advantage which was a big boon.

Oh and if Humans can afford it, I'd always; ALWAYS pick Griff Oberwald, he has to be, hands down, the best Star Player there is with MV 7 4 AGI AND STR and blodge. He can be everywhere, blocking, ballhanding and a constant threat.

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: