Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:39:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 163296 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #175 on: January 04, 2011, 05:45:00 PM

Gobbos were wicked fun in the tutorial. I love bubba with his chainsaw, my single favorite (badass) dude thus far.
They can be a fun team to play around with, but you WILL have your ass handed to you if you play them.  They are one of the "for fun" teams, that isn't actually balanced with the rest of the races (doesn't mean you can't win, but your going to rely on nuffle skull fucking your opponent every single game).
The potential carryover teams are 3 Norse, 3 Amazon, 2 Necro, 2 Orc, then 1 each of Helf, Delf, Welf, and Vampire - though all the Elfs are probably rerolling for various reasons.
I shall be maintaining my Wood Elves into the next season.  I was raped by the dice in one of the early games so badly it crushed my teams to score for awhile, so I couldn't develop.  I had a few good games at the end, however, which allowed me to level up a few elves.  I want to see how I do now that I got some critical skills.

Besides, only other teams I really wanted to play are Norse and Amazon, and we have to many of them.  ;)

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: January 04, 2011, 06:19:45 PM

I'm leaning 80% Khemri, 20% Lizardman at this point.  Played both in single-player a lot, but never with Real People.   My High Elves are actually in fairly good shape after some healing up and leveling, but I am sorta tired of passing for the time being.  They can bide their time until another season.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: January 04, 2011, 06:51:57 PM

I might play Nurgle, mainly as I suck so badly I might as well look like i do.

Hic sunt dracones.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: January 04, 2011, 06:55:11 PM

I am probably going Skaven or Chaos. I really cannot decide though. I might jump ship to absolutely anything other than the well represented Amazon, Norse, Orc teams already in the league. Probably wont go Necromantic too, though they are pretty awesome.

And Nurgle aren't that bad...
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #179 on: January 04, 2011, 07:19:30 PM

Nurgle is a really cool team.  Expensive rerolls and poor ball handling out of the gate make them a challenge, and they really don't stand out at anything other than being terrifically annoying to their opponents, but with some perseverance and a little luck they develop very strongly.

I'm torn between continuing my Orc team's reign of mediocrity or rerolling.  On the one hand I finally have some orcs with block, but on the other the Skaven are really growing on me, and I love Chaos teams.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: January 04, 2011, 07:28:06 PM

Whats the starting points for the newbie teams btw?

Hic sunt dracones.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #181 on: January 04, 2011, 07:41:10 PM

Whats the starting points for the newbie teams btw?

Should be anything up to 1000.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: January 04, 2011, 07:45:16 PM

Ok thanks.

Hic sunt dracones.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: January 04, 2011, 07:54:42 PM

I think I'm sticking with orcs for at least one more season. Those high elves are looking surprisingly good after my playing with them a bit. And goblins are a dark horse for later.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: January 04, 2011, 08:22:43 PM

Dumb question, how can I view a game's state in BB manager if it's just from MM?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #185 on: January 04, 2011, 08:47:42 PM

I'm leaning towards either Dwarf, High Elf, Wood Elf or Human, though I could be persuaded to go with Chaos or some flavor of Undead. I tried Lizardmen tonight and really didn't like them. The lack of any block skills to start off along with skink's inability to pass the ball make me think they don't fit me.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #186 on: January 04, 2011, 08:50:57 PM

I'm leaning towards either Dwarf, High Elf, Wood Elf or Human, though I could be persuaded to go with Chaos or some flavor of Undead. I tried Lizardmen tonight and really didn't like them. The lack of any block skills to start off along with skink's inability to pass the ball make me think they don't fit me.

If you thought Lizard was hard with no Block, good luck playing Chaos. At least with Lizardmen you have speed and a massive str advantage.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #187 on: January 04, 2011, 10:14:55 PM

Get lots more color options for team creation here! I've tested it out and it works like a charm. I think its a massive improvement even if they aren't arranged in a way that makes any kind of sense. The file goes in <Cyanide\Blood Bowl\Data\Manager\Colors> and always remember to back up the original just in case of a patch or something that breaks it.  The site bloodbowldigital also has some skins but most importantly to me anyway it has massively improved Dark Elf and Chaos cheerleaders and a minor improvement to the human ones.

To anyone who hasn't played a great deal of bloodbowl I really strongly recommend not playing Chaos. They are a team that can shine in a league setting like none other but it requires some heavy metagaming and a good understanding of all sorts of stuff. The players on the field at 1,000TV for Chaos is one of the worst in the game.

Ditto that for Khemri just because they are just not very good.

I'm still all over the place with teams though some flavor of Elf is looking a bit more appealing I may have to play to win and go Orc but I really don't have a front runner atm.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #188 on: January 05, 2011, 12:55:55 AM

The more I think about it, the more it sucks we don't have a subforum. It would be great to manage separate game days, flavour threads, awards and help topics.

Anyway, Lamaros, I am not sure I got your question. If you have BB Manager running when you play ANY game (including matchmaking), at the end of a game it detects it, but you still have to click "submit match" to upload it. Then, you can double click it under them "matchs" tab and see all the info.

If instead you are just trying to download and check f13 Season #2 past matches, you have to go under the Leagues tab, and look for the f13 league. Then you'll see a list of all games played: double clicking them to see stats, or hit "download replay" to get it.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: January 05, 2011, 02:09:18 AM

The more I think about it, the more it sucks we don't have a subforum. It would be great to manage separate game days, flavour threads, awards and help topics.

Anyway, Lamaros, I am not sure I got your question. If you have BB Manager running when you play ANY game (including matchmaking), at the end of a game it detects it, but you still have to click "submit match" to upload it. Then, you can double click it under them "matchs" tab and see all the info.

If instead you are just trying to download and check f13 Season #2 past matches, you have to go under the Leagues tab, and look for the f13 league. Then you'll see a list of all games played: double clicking them to see stats, or hit "download replay" to get it.

I didn't have it open when I played it, but I wanted to check afterwards. When I tried to upload it via the replay file in that way it didn't work as it said the password was wrong when I tried to submit it to Auld Public.

Have you asked Trippy or schild about the subforum via PM? That would seem to be the best way to go about it.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: January 05, 2011, 02:44:18 AM

Have you asked Trippy or schild about the subforum via PM? That would seem to be the best way to go about it.

I did. They both ignored me.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: January 05, 2011, 06:12:20 AM

Do I need to do anything myself to get my team imported to the next season?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: January 05, 2011, 06:13:42 AM

Yes, you will have to LEAVE the Season #2 League and join the Season #3 League. I am creating Season #3 as we speak.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #193 on: January 05, 2011, 06:15:00 AM

I did. They both ignored me.

Schild/Trippy PM turn around is usually 24-48 hours. Much like most "Contact Us by Email!" options.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: January 05, 2011, 06:41:32 AM

What's the password this go around?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: January 05, 2011, 06:50:56 AM

THE LEAGUE HAS BEEN CREATED

At the moment ONLY veteran players can join, using that old password Geldon would be so proud of.
I want to make sure new players have all the time to change their mind about race or Team name, so I'll give them the password in a few days.

As of now, all veterans please quit the Season #2 League and apply for Season #3.
The correct name is: f13 League * Season 3 *.

Keep in mind that you don't HAVE TO join now, you still have time until the 11th. But the sooner the better.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:53:07 AM by Falconeer »

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: January 05, 2011, 12:17:10 PM

The potential carryover teams are 3 Norse, 3 Amazon, 2 Necro, 2 Orc, then 1 each of Helf, Delf, Welf, and Vampire - though all the Elfs are probably rerolling for various reasons.
I shall be maintaining my Wood Elves into the next season.  I was raped by the dice in one of the early games so badly it crushed my teams to score for awhile, so I couldn't develop.  I had a few good games at the end, however, which allowed me to level up a few elves.  I want to see how I do now that I got some critical skills.

Besides, only other teams I really wanted to play are Norse and Amazon, and we have to many of them.  ;)
FWIW I will not be carrying over my 'zons. Probably going lizards, though there's a small chance I'll fall in love with elves or skaven in the next couple days and run them instead.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #197 on: January 05, 2011, 12:37:35 PM

I tried Lizardmen last night. Had a game against Necromantic team and set the difficulty to hard. Holy shit, did I get curbstomped. Is that normal with this combo or is the hard single-player difficulty really that hard? I did figure out that I don't want to play Lizardmen as they lack any players with the block skill to start out. That's really bloody important to me apparently, as is the ability to pass the ball. Fucking Skinks can't throw for shit.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: January 05, 2011, 12:40:23 PM

I find Lizardmen pretty fun, actually.  You beat on people with the big lizards and run the ball around with the skinks (and yeah, no passing - Stunty makes that a no-go).  It's a clear assignment of duties. 

I did, however, sign up with Khemri.  I hereby apologize, once and for all, for any deaths I may (will) inflict.  There will be no more apologies after this.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: January 05, 2011, 12:43:20 PM

I'll most likely be playing a Necromantic team, as mentioned before -- though I may become brave/foolhardy and go with Skaven instead. I feel sad not contributing to the variety of the league, but those werewolves are so difficult to resist.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #200 on: January 05, 2011, 01:16:03 PM

For those curious and lazy here's the latest league racial breakdown news.

The Division Leaders = Necromantic x2, Norse and Amazon. You will have one of these four favorites in your division but only one.

Confirmed returning teams = Norse, Wood Elf & Orc.

90% sure sounding new teams = Khemri, Lizardmen, Dwarf, Undead and another Necromantic team.

These possible (probable?) veteran teams returning = Norse, Orc, Dark Elf and Vampire.

That still leaves half the league with no real guess whatsoever.

I'm still majorly undecided myself. My top 3 races right now would be Orcs, Wood Elves and High Elves but I still haven't gotten in enough games to be sure of anything.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: January 05, 2011, 01:19:00 PM

I am tempted to start a new chaos team, if I thought (and I do think) there is a realistic chance of season 4.  Brian the Tyrant hungers for blood though, so I will probably return with my necros.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #202 on: January 05, 2011, 01:23:18 PM

I said I was thinking of Orcs, and I'll probably stand by that. A bit straightforward, so I hope it doesn't bite me if I stick with the game and want something more advanced later!
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: January 05, 2011, 02:47:24 PM

FYI, I'm leaning heavily toward Undead.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #204 on: January 05, 2011, 03:05:39 PM

Falconeer - Make the group invite only. Starting to get spam chats from bots in the group.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: January 05, 2011, 03:17:16 PM

Falconeer - Make the group invite only. Starting to get spam chats from bots in the group.

Nah, that's just Hoax.

I kid.   Heart
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: January 05, 2011, 03:28:58 PM

Yeah, I just got one.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: January 05, 2011, 05:24:07 PM

Hey Ingmar's friend here, and I'd love to join if there's still a spot open.

-Gruntle

I'll even use punctuation and semi-grammatical sentence structure.
(I draw the line at emoticons though -- nothing will make me employ them)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: January 05, 2011, 06:21:57 PM

Great. With Gruntle we have 32. I'll save a priority spot for any f13 regular until the last second, kicking AndyDavo if needed. But as of now, we officially are 32.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #209 on: January 05, 2011, 07:24:01 PM

THE LEAGUE HAS BEEN CREATED

At the moment ONLY veteran players can join, using that old password Geldon would be so proud of.
I want to make sure new players have all the time to change their mind about race or Team name, so I'll give them the password in a few days.

As of now, all veterans please quit the Season #2 League and apply for Season #3.
The correct name is: f13 League * Season 3 *.

Keep in mind that you don't HAVE TO join now, you still have time until the 11th. But the sooner the better.

Uh, can you or somebody else PM me the password for the league?  I cant remember what it was, and I can't seem to find where it was originally sent/posted for me to view...

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: