Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:42:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 626640 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3080 on: April 22, 2013, 12:25:00 PM

TMNT-vakin can't hear you through his aura of TURTLE POWER.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3081 on: April 22, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Mining wouldn't be so bad if the nodes were 10x more common and mining them was instant (like looting a chest) instead of a long-ass animation.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #3082 on: April 23, 2013, 04:49:36 AM

Go to the workshop and install all of the "Unofficial Patch" mods; one for Skyrim and one for each DLC. They don't do anything outside of fix the myriad of scripting/quest/npc/item bugs in the game.

They might just solve your crash house, and if not they'll at least fix creepy Lydia at your Breezehome house.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3083 on: April 23, 2013, 05:19:41 AM

A specific blacksmithing mod I didn't mention in my list:

Ars Metallica: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16084

For vanilla Skyrim:

* Allow archers to forge their own arrows out of the various ore materials, wood, leather strips, and feathers. Indirectly making it somewhat useful to chop wood too.
* Allow thieves to make their own lockpicks out of iron or steel.
* Provide skill advancement for the use of the smelter to melt down ore. After all, that's as important as knowing how to shape it once refined.
* Provide skill advancement for the use of the tanning rack to make leather. That's far more important in my mind than the skill advances from using the leather to make stuff.
* Provide for a small amount of skill advancement from mining the ore itself out of ore veins.
* Provide the ability to melt down existing pieces of armor and some clutter items into ingots so that you can then use those ingots to make missing pieces of a set if you want.
* Allow members of factions to forge equipment appropriate to their guild. Thieves can make guild armor. Assassins can make Brotherhood armor. Legionnaires can make Imperial armor, and so on.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3084 on: April 23, 2013, 05:31:53 AM

I think Ars metallica is the mod I installed because I can craft arrows, which is damn nice.   It's a great mod.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3085 on: April 23, 2013, 06:58:18 AM

A new economy mod, called "Trade and Barter" (requires SKSE and SkyUI). Sounds very interesting!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34612

A couple screenshots (taken from the mod page):

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3086 on: April 23, 2013, 07:55:29 AM

I like that being naked gets you a 10% discount in that mod.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #3087 on: April 23, 2013, 12:19:23 PM

That looks like a penalty, given that using a fence and having your weapon out also have negative numbers by them.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #3088 on: April 23, 2013, 05:15:34 PM

I think Ars metallica is the mod I installed because I can craft arrows, which is damn nice.   It's a great mod.
I thought 1.9 added craftable arrows?
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3089 on: April 23, 2013, 05:21:18 PM

That looks like a penalty, given that using a fence and having your weapon out also have negative numbers by them.

I don't know about the fence but I read the modifcation for having a weapon out as intended to show you're intimidating the seller.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #3090 on: April 23, 2013, 06:56:41 PM

SkyUI is not running correctly for me in the PC.  I updated SKSE but it seems borked.  It's showing items but not keys so I can't select things, like power up enchanted weapons.  Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: nvm, wasn't running the loader first.  Was trying to launch the game from Steam.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:33:55 PM by Soln »
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #3091 on: April 23, 2013, 11:13:30 PM

I thought 1.9 added craftable arrows?
Crossbow bolts I think you mean.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3092 on: April 24, 2013, 12:01:51 AM

Dawnguard is where they added crafted arrows.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #3093 on: April 24, 2013, 05:02:13 AM

Dawnguard is where they added crafted arrows.
That's it. And actual weapons from dragonbone.

I haven't played it since 1.9 came out, but one of my friends reports that the "Your follower just needs the one arrow" thing might have been fixed. :(
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3094 on: April 24, 2013, 10:38:03 AM

Odd, I could have sworn I didn't have the option for certain arrows, like Obsidian and Dragonbone, until I added the smithing mod.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3095 on: April 24, 2013, 12:00:31 PM

Odd, I could have sworn I didn't have the option for certain arrows, like Obsidian and Dragonbone, until I added the smithing mod.

You needed the dragonbone smithing perk for dragonbone arrows, but I don't recall there being an issue otherwise.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3096 on: April 24, 2013, 12:23:46 PM

Two cosmetic mods I downloaded today which look nice (your opinion may vary, of course) and work perfectly.

Skill Interface Retexture: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7308

Hey, why not? The (slightly) different backgrounds and the enhanced constellations are particularly good, IMO.

aMidianBorn Book of Silence: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24909

An ongoing "lore-friendly" retexture of almost all armors, weapons and unique weapons of the game. Latest version (1.7) came out earlier today. During the installation via Nexus Mod Manager, you'll be able to handpick whatever you want to modify.
----------

Also, I installed "Immersive Weapons" (by the same author of Immersive Armors): http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27644

The other major weapon project, "JaySuS Swords", hasn't been updated in well over a year, so this is quite a good alternative. The vast majority of the weapons are lore-friendly and from what I read in the comments, the loot tables make sense (you shouldn't find a ultra-powerful sword while you are level 3 :P). Have a look.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3097 on: April 24, 2013, 06:15:28 PM

Holy shit! Aren't you worried your Skyrim will become self-aware? I mean jeezus, that looks like enough to just make your own standalone game. Looks like a fulltime job just to keep that all working  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

But thanks for the tutorial. I keep meaning to return to Skyrim. Once I chose which faction to support, the game felt like it "ended". And yet there's that whole, like, dragonborn thing remaining incomplete and stuff.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3098 on: April 25, 2013, 01:49:52 AM

Holy shit! Aren't you worried your Skyrim will become self-aware? I mean jeezus, that looks like enough to just make your own standalone game. Looks like a fulltime job just to keep that all working  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

But thanks for the tutorial. I keep meaning to return to Skyrim. Once I chose which faction to support, the game felt like it "ended". And yet there's that whole, like, dragonborn thing remaining incomplete and stuff.

Nah :P

- On the Nexus website there is a "tracking center" where you can keep track (surprise :P) of the mods you installed and if they've been recently updated with a new version.

- Plus, once you get a hang of SKSE, the Mod Manager and BOSS, they aren't time consuming at all, they sort themselves out (well, SKSE it's a one time installation every time Bethesda release a patch, and you need to run BOSS only when you need to sort out the mod load order of NMM).

So, it's more about having the patience of rummaging through the mods, looking up at lists on the Net (but I think I posted a nice one) and spend some time downloading them.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3099 on: April 25, 2013, 01:54:07 AM

Yeah, there is a little up front time needed to figure out Nexus and some of the mod config stuff.  But once thats done, its just a matter of clicking on the download link for what ever mod you want on Nexus, and the manager handles everything from there.  I've installed a bajillion mods myself with almost no effort, and the game works fine.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3100 on: April 25, 2013, 06:01:14 AM

I managed to complete my first game without picking a side. Still not sure how I managed that.  Maybe I picked a side and just didn't realize I had.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #3101 on: April 25, 2013, 06:23:19 AM

Just FYI if you use the Skyrim Script Extender, any saves made with mods that use it will absolutely not work without it. If you're invested in whatever character you have going, make sure you have a clean save without any of the mod shit before doing anything.

I avoid anything that uses the script extender really.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3102 on: April 25, 2013, 06:25:59 AM

I managed to complete my first game without picking a side. Still not sure how I managed that.  Maybe I picked a side and just didn't realize I had.
I more or less did the same thing.  Got so involved in other side quests, I never really got around to picking one of the warring factions.  Then when I was ready to, I was so power leveled up I said fuck it and just blew through the main plot to beat the game.  On my restart I'm doing all the Dawnguard and Dragonborn shit, so, still haven't taken time to pick a side.  Eventually I'll get around to one of those quest lines!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #3103 on: April 25, 2013, 06:48:34 AM

Is the PS3 version still broken (I don't have a PC that's good enough to play it)?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #3104 on: April 25, 2013, 06:58:07 AM

I play it on the PS3 and it's fine.  They also released all of the DLCs for the PS3 earlier this year.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3105 on: April 25, 2013, 03:40:56 PM

Started another game with some of the Star Wars mods and am now playing a jedi that survived order 66 and somehow ended up on Nirn. (Yeah, I get complicated with my backstories.) Most of the Dragon shouts are fairly close to Force powers, so she's faking the funk as the dragonborn, trying to talk her way through most confrontations, failing miserably to get her opponents to see reason and then breaking out the lightsaber and slicing them in half. It's fun.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3106 on: April 25, 2013, 03:53:31 PM

They really should implement a multiplayer mod so we can see a Jedi and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle adventuring and arguing together in Skyrim  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3107 on: April 25, 2013, 04:12:08 PM

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #3108 on: April 25, 2013, 06:41:20 PM

oh shit that looks awesome

I gotta find a better mod for handling multiple characters  why so serious?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3109 on: April 25, 2013, 07:03:22 PM

For a padawan who lost her master at the tail end of the Clone Wars and then was told to forget her training, she's turned into a bit of a badass. She's started training Lydia as a jedi too, which is at turns amazing and completely fucked up.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:05:00 PM by Surlyboi »

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3110 on: April 26, 2013, 05:58:09 AM

Oh man.  I am both horrified and intrigued.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3111 on: April 26, 2013, 07:36:49 AM

Oh man.  I am both horrified and intrigued.

Meanwhile, I'm just horrified.  why so serious?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3112 on: April 27, 2013, 10:48:01 PM

I may radicalthon it if I can come up with enough material.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3113 on: April 29, 2013, 07:59:37 AM

So I installed Dawnguard last week. When I first got Skyrim, I decided to intentionally avoid playing a Stealth/Sniper character, as that was more less all I played in Oblivion. So with Dawnguard, I thought I'd try a thief. I've barely put the game down all week.

Despite having played a couple hundred hours of the game over the last couple years, I'm still finding entire quest lines I've never done. Loving the whole Dawnguard questline - I'm level 15 and I've totally ignored the main quest beyond getting the Dragons started. I figure I'm going to become the Vampire Lord of Thieves first - then I'll go bitchslap those civil war guys.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3114 on: April 29, 2013, 02:28:09 PM

Other mods you might be interested in:

Warburg 3D Paper World Map: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25501 Nice world map, IMO.

Lock Overhaul: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29979
Enables auto-lockpicking, lock smash and other stuff. Here's a video (skip to 3:33): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvn_BGSo6w8

LARPers, rejoice  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Dovahkiin relaxes too: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13931
A set of new animations/actions  that you can activate in order to enhance immersion and roleplaying (lean on a table, sweep floor, read a book and more)

If you want to change the HUD, there is now an alternative to the already excellent iHUD. It's called "Less Intrusive HUD"
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35154

Nice overview of the mod by Gopher (Skyrim Mod Sanctuary...he's also the author of iHUD, by the way): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DzJrWyde0Bg

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 02:33:23 PM by Lucas »

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: