Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 626661 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1470 on: November 21, 2011, 05:50:47 AM

Visiting Avanchnzel for the first time. The design so far in this game has been top notch. Different places have really different feels.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #1471 on: November 21, 2011, 06:19:47 AM

Has anyone been noticing the stone carvings littered around cities near doorways or other odd places?  Here's a pic:

I tried searching and didn't find anything.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1472 on: November 21, 2011, 06:25:17 AM

I saw a carving like that on the underside of the bridge entering Whiterun. Figured it would be some meeting place in the future for some quest or faction.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1473 on: November 21, 2011, 06:26:00 AM

That's a shadowmark. It's left by the Theives guild.

That particular mark means that there is loot in that building. That same mark with no lines in the square would mean that the house is empty.

There is a book in the game that lists them all.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1474 on: November 21, 2011, 06:31:38 AM

I don't play games to read. I play games to crush.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1475 on: November 21, 2011, 06:40:11 AM

I've been playing a dual-wielding, heavy armour wearing, archer - but I think I need to do a spell/weapon combo based purely on the fact that the magic effects are awesome.

Oh god, so funny: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/21/skyrim-lydia-death/

Don't worry it's not a spoiler.

Holy crap, that's fantastic.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1476 on: November 21, 2011, 06:51:48 AM

Started a new game because my main game was CTD on the quicksave I was on, and I wanted to just get a taste of other playstyles. Now I'm hitting a freeze crash during the escape sequence, same spot (where a cave-in takes out the wood bridge). And it ran for like five hours straight without a hitch yesterday, ffs.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1477 on: November 21, 2011, 08:10:05 AM

I don't play games to read. I play games to crush.

why so serious?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1478 on: November 21, 2011, 09:01:03 AM

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1479 on: November 21, 2011, 09:04:16 AM

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1480 on: November 21, 2011, 09:09:49 AM

Just found what was really messing my game up, fucking land reflect on water, lagged me out every damn time.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1481 on: November 21, 2011, 09:22:58 AM

Finished up the Thieves Guild story today; not as good as the Dark Brotherhood but still pretty decent. Getting the final achievement for them is apparently a real bitch though, so I'm not going to bother with that.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1482 on: November 21, 2011, 09:33:33 AM

I rerolled 3 times in the first 3 hours of gameplay, to get a character I liked (I am odd like that).

I am playing a Imperial Duel wield, stealth, archers with light armor. Kind of going the assassin route. It seems to be what I end up doing in all the elder scrolls games. I am having a blast. The graphics are breath-taking and the sheer amount of stuff in the game is staggering.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1483 on: November 21, 2011, 09:43:54 AM

I rerolled 3 times in the first 3 hours of gameplay, to get a character I liked (I am odd like that).

What the fuck is there to reroll in Skyrim?
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #1484 on: November 21, 2011, 10:08:26 AM

Facial and body features.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1485 on: November 21, 2011, 10:17:09 AM

Honestly, that was one of the things that bugged me badly. My Nord looked like he was mildly retarded (more so that every other character), and every time I saw his face it made me unhappy.

My first character was a heavy armor, 2h wielding, magic user. Honestly, the UI is what killed this character. The stupid hotkey selection is horrible.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1486 on: November 21, 2011, 10:18:57 AM

There's a hotkey section?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1487 on: November 21, 2011, 10:20:19 AM

Under favorites, if you mouseover one of them and hit a hotkey (1-8) it will bind that item/spell to that key.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1488 on: November 21, 2011, 10:20:44 AM

Is there a way to open the character creation panel in the middle of the game from the console, and tweak the features like in Fallour 3, btw?
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1489 on: November 21, 2011, 10:38:49 AM

I managed to make a decent looking male Nord. It took me multiple tries too though. The noses are a bit deceiving in the character creator. In game, they don't look as big or grotesque.

I think character creation is kinda overrated though. It'd be nice if on top of that option, you'd get one well done, pregenerated face. Saves time. Like Bioware does with Shepherd or Hawke.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1490 on: November 21, 2011, 11:17:05 AM

Is there a patch or something coming through? When I hit play in the Launcher I get an admin permission box saying Skyrim wants to make changes to my computer. If I hit yes it relaunches the launcher and if I then hit play I get an admin permission saying Skyrim wants to make changes to my computer... Tried Steam in offline mode, no dice. If I hit no then it just goes back to the launcher. I'd rather not spend a few hours redownloading everything for a reinstall if I don't have to.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1491 on: November 21, 2011, 11:22:04 AM

Is there a way to open the character creation panel in the middle of the game from the console, and tweak the features like in Fallour 3, btw?
welp, google to the rescue

showracemenu
can redo the apperance etc, but this will reset your level and skills.

so afterwards would need

player.setlevel ##
pretty self explanatory

and

player.modav skill X
Where “skill” is the skill you want to modify, and X is the amount you want to modify it by. Skills are inputted via their in-game names without spaces, apart from Archery which is “Marksman”, and Speech, which is known as “Speechcraft”.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1492 on: November 21, 2011, 11:34:11 AM

Is there a patch or something coming through? When I hit play in the Launcher I get an admin permission box saying Skyrim wants to make changes to my computer. If I hit yes it relaunches the launcher and if I then hit play I get an admin permission saying Skyrim wants to make changes to my computer... Tried Steam in offline mode, no dice. If I hit no then it just goes back to the launcher. I'd rather not spend a few hours redownloading everything for a reinstall if I don't have to.

There was a patch to the .exe today that prevents it from being run on its own without going through Steam.

welp, google to the rescue

showracemenu
can redo the apperance etc, but this will reset your level and skills.

so afterwards would need

player.setlevel ##
pretty self explanatory

and

player.modav skill X
Where “skill” is the skill you want to modify, and X is the amount you want to modify it by. Skills are inputted via their in-game names without spaces, apart from Archery which is “Marksman”, and Speech, which is known as “Speechcraft”.

Using showracemenu will ONLY reset your skills and such if you change your race, sex, or select a different preset for your current race/gender. Anything else shouldn't alter any stats or skills.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:37:37 AM by koro »
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #1493 on: November 21, 2011, 12:08:07 PM

Anyone else raising smiting by making iron daggers over and over?  I'm up to 63 so far, but I'm wondering: is this is viable up to 100?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1494 on: November 21, 2011, 12:12:04 PM

Anyone else raising smiting by making iron daggers over and over?  I'm up to 63 so far, but I'm wondering: is this is viable up to 100?

Leather bracers is bar none the fastest way to do it.  Also there's a shrine somewhere that will give you a 20% skillup increase to smithing.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1495 on: November 21, 2011, 12:13:27 PM

I did iron daggers. Leather would be good, too. If you want to get technical, I think bear skins are the most efficient, you get 4 leather for 3 weight.

THey should probably fix that, but since the world nodes are mostly iron, you'd have to buy most of the ingots to level if they did.

So, it's a broken system, but it works. YOu basically only need enough ingots of a tier to craft your armor and weapons and improve them. All the rest is iron for level and gold/silver for money.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #1496 on: November 21, 2011, 12:17:15 PM

Cool patch. It apparently breaks various mods, including user-fixes for making it possible for Skyrim to use more than 2.5gb memory or some such. Modders everywhere are taking Skyrim into offline mode, refusing to patch, making old versions of skyrim.exe available for download on the net, etc.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #1497 on: November 21, 2011, 12:20:34 PM

Leather bracers is bar none the fastest way to do it.  Also there's a shrine somewhere that will give you a 20% skillup increase to smithing.

Leather Bracers and a Shrine?  What do they take, some leather strips?  (any idea where the shrine is?)

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1498 on: November 21, 2011, 12:27:52 PM

Another couple of sharp knee gripes:

I'm on a three part quest (well, the middle of a large quest that has a three-part mid section). I get parts one and two just fine, but the third dungeon is locked. Cannot find a key or entrance anywhere. Finally tired of searching, I hit the wiki to find it's a mage college quest that gives you the key. I don't have enough magicka to cast the summon spell for entrance into the college. I don't want enough magicka to do it, I'm a goddamned nord warrior. I've run into a couple of these kinds of blocks, luckily one I needed for becoming Thane in the Reach was gated for thieves and I had enough lockpicking to get there (the quest actually wants you to pickpocket).

The other is finding a 4 weight quest object I can't store and I have no idea where it goes. I think I have another 6 weight quest object in there, too.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #1499 on: November 21, 2011, 12:27:59 PM

THey should probably fix that, but since the world nodes are mostly iron, you'd have to buy most of the ingots to level if they did.

I have no idea what you mean by a "world node."  Can you mine these yourself or something?

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1500 on: November 21, 2011, 12:33:33 PM

Leather Bracers and a Shrine?  What do they take, some leather strips?  (any idea where the shrine is?)

Leather bracers is one piece leather and two strips I believe, super cheap and skill ups never seemed to diminish.  I found the shrine while journeying west from whiterun on foot, it's just a small ruins out in the middle of the plains, had a couple bandits squatting there.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1501 on: November 21, 2011, 12:44:55 PM

Oh yes I really hate the quest objects with weight that you can't store.  I haven't done the magic college and by the sounds of it would have to enchant a bunch of junk with +magicka so I hope the three quests you're talking about don't involve a claw which may or may not be ivory in colour...

Got a random dragon down to one third life then it ran off to kill a spider and wouldn't land to engage me no matter what I did.  Spent ten minutes just looking at it fly around above me roaring.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1502 on: November 21, 2011, 01:32:17 PM

I have no idea what you mean by a "world node."  Can you mine these yourself or something?

You can mine ore from the ground with a pick axe.

I've only seen gold so far, and I didn't have an axe on me when I did.
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1503 on: November 21, 2011, 01:36:03 PM

The Companion questline dumped about 15 weight worth of quest objects into my inventory early on.  Had to Google the 'solution' which is basically keep doing more quests for them until you need those items again.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1504 on: November 21, 2011, 01:39:00 PM

Or, you can store them in a chest (at home, I guess.. or the one in Jorvasker).
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: