Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:54:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Give & Get Sale + Wishlist Promotion (Big savings!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give & Get Sale + Wishlist Promotion (Big savings!)  (Read 23450 times)
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: December 17, 2010, 05:52:21 AM

Zombie Driver is definitely worth $2.50.  Old-skool overhead GTA clone with better physics and more killing.  Steam achievement is extremely easy to pick-up.  I ended up playing for a couple of hours after.  My major complaint being that if you die at the very end of a mission, you have to reset the level completely.  Which isn't horrible if you still got to keep some cash or something from your last run.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: December 17, 2010, 01:44:06 PM

I'm not getting the credit for the comments....

schild
Administrator

Reply #107 on: December 17, 2010, 02:11:25 PM

Sometimes you don't get logged in on the achievement page. Log out, log in/refresh.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #108 on: December 18, 2010, 07:48:14 AM

The "My History" tab on my profile stopped listing acheivements a couple days ago. Just "Dec 15 You achieved: ."
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #109 on: December 18, 2010, 08:04:43 AM

I was going to break my rule of not buying stuff for this contest and get Zombie Driver, but Steam decided to reject my credit card for no particular reason (not the first time I've had this problem -- their billing system is a special flower).  I'm going to take it as a sign.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #110 on: December 18, 2010, 08:53:55 AM

I really enjoyed Zombie Driver and played it quite a bit, no idea why I don't have that achievement already and not at home to fix the problem.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: December 18, 2010, 09:41:50 AM

I really enjoyed Zombie Driver and played it quite a bit, no idea why I don't have that achievement already and not at home to fix the problem.

You have to get a high enough score on a certain survival level, you won't get it in story mode.  I played it a bit last night and enjoyed it...but it made me a little motion sick.  I'm not sure why, I'm not one to usually ever get that from video games.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #112 on: December 18, 2010, 07:18:31 PM

I was going to break my rule of not buying stuff for this contest and get Zombie Driver, but Steam decided to reject my credit card for no particular reason (not the first time I've had this problem -- their billing system is a special flower).  I'm going to take it as a sign.

I don't even understand the contest. Seems like you have to complete sets of 4 objectives every so often (whenever they update it) or some shit. Most of which involve you buying another shitty game or two. The whole thing looks like a massive wank, and I am disinterested in their fucking about.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: December 18, 2010, 07:52:01 PM

Do thing X on Steam or in one of the games on sale for the two days (possibly before the next sale, I don't remember).  Each is an entry to a drawing for 20 (?) games.  Complete 10 things and log into Steam on the 20th and be entered in to win 100 games.

It's a sale (plus plugging community features) with some drawing thing added on top.  Are you saying the infinitesimal chance at free stuff makes it worse than a normal sale or what?

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #114 on: December 18, 2010, 08:12:01 PM

I'm not sure Azazel reads well. ESL, you know.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #115 on: December 19, 2010, 09:28:30 AM

I just got to ten.  But only because The last couple days had achievements for Civ5, Empire: Total War, and L4D2. 
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #116 on: December 19, 2010, 11:18:01 AM

Do thing X on Steam or in one of the games on sale for the two days (possibly before the next sale, I don't remember).  Each is an entry to a drawing for 20 (?) games.  Complete 10 things and log into Steam on the 20th and be entered in to win 100 games.

It's a sale (plus plugging community features) with some drawing thing added on top.  Are you saying the infinitesimal chance at free stuff makes it worse than a normal sale or what?

I actually had a look again after posting and now I get it. Didn't help that it was during the busiest work period of the year and looked different to their typical sales, and more like a competition. I guess I'm just not excited with the presentation, the "contest" format doesn't do anything for me, since I probably have a better chance of winning the actual lottery. I prefer the usual sale format. Then again, Steam sales haven't done a whole lot for me since last christmas's 2 sales, when I bought most of the stuff I was interested in...

Out of all the stuff there, I think it'd only be Zombie Driver I'd be interested in anyway. I'd probably get $2.50 worth of fun out of it. Though I missed it, so it's moot.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:25:11 AM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: December 20, 2010, 09:32:07 AM

I could've downloaded some demo and annoyed someone with spam on their profile, but my gumption got removed. So I guess at 8 boxes filled, I won't be getting 100 games. Oh, well. I guess I got a hat in TF2, if I ever play that again.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: December 20, 2010, 10:59:42 AM

Logging in today gives an objective point.  I went ahead and wrote a comment and recommended Portal to finish out the ten.  Everything else I had through normal means.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: December 20, 2010, 01:25:51 PM

Nope, came up one short. Logging in on the 20th gives the 11th, not the 10th, point. No biggie, I don't win stuff. I'm quite happy with an un-named f13 Santa bringing me Just Cause 2, it's wicked fun.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: December 20, 2010, 04:05:10 PM

I had 7 this morning, and 8 when it rolled around to the "new day", so it counted as both for me. vov

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Give & Get Sale + Wishlist Promotion (Big savings!)  
Jump to: