Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:04:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Bench warrants, and how an Italian citizen got in trouble in the USA. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bench warrants, and how an Italian citizen got in trouble in the USA.  (Read 178629 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #210 on: December 01, 2010, 12:31:07 PM

One is fat, the other one is not. They are both "alternative" models without bordering with Suicide Girls material. I love them both to insane levels, and I am not the only one apparently. But the "You wouldn't like them" was meant as a /tease you drooling bastards.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: December 01, 2010, 01:49:55 PM

Telling me they're 'alternative' is the real tease. tongue

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: December 01, 2010, 02:01:07 PM

Well, photo shoots like this are meant to happen in specific scenic locations, and that's why we were in such a natural place. The guy is a professional and the theme of the shoot was "wood nymphs".
Also, we went there at like 7am and no one was around... for a while. Clearly, you (and everyone else) are right Merusk. I am surprised they were SO clueless and so naive. I would have known better than thinking it was ok to do that in a Roman park, but right there I was being mocked for being a carebear ( DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS ) and knowing nothing about Ann Arbor.

Well here's your reality check. All our photographed naked people are confined to one specific valley in California.

However, we do have a top ten nude RV Parks. http://www.mademan.com/mm/10-nude-rv-camping-spots-america.html

ACK!

Wow, people are crazy... most of those spots are in cold places, what the hell?!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: February 04, 2011, 04:18:26 PM

This just in from my lawyer.

Dear Drew:

The prosecuting attorney will be dismissing your case. It will take some time, but she just emailed me that that she is going to dismiss your case.

hanno un buon fine settimana!

The end...?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #214 on: February 04, 2011, 04:21:42 PM

Not the end until the pictures are posted!

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: February 04, 2011, 04:25:00 PM

Ha!

I'm actually quite tempted. What a horrible person I am.

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: February 04, 2011, 04:53:27 PM

Glad to hear that it's being dismissed!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: February 04, 2011, 06:38:52 PM

‎"Dear Drew:

Yes it's over, you win! The dismissal will be entered on 2/8. I would really like some Parmigiano reggiano cheese, could you send me some?"

awesome, for real

My lawyer is funny.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: February 04, 2011, 06:56:09 PM

Hooray, the Blood Bowl League will continue!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: February 04, 2011, 07:22:00 PM

Not sure. Now that I am free to fly, I might go back to Michigan for another attempt at being stupid.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #220 on: February 04, 2011, 07:29:48 PM

I highly suggest you send the cheese.  You will have a lawyer friend for life if you become a regular supplier.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: February 04, 2011, 09:10:05 PM

Funny thing is, sending the cheese from Italy would be all sorts of trouble, and it would be very expensive shipping. On the other hand, he lives in Ann Arbor, home of Zingerman's deli, one of those places in the US where you can get real Parmigiano Reggiano every day. So I guess I'll just call my friend there and have it delivered personally from the deli. It's twice as expensive there, but still better than shipping it. Ha.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: February 04, 2011, 09:15:51 PM

Surely you can get it everywhere in the US?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: February 04, 2011, 09:23:34 PM

Surely you can get it everywhere in the US?

I don't know, can you? I'm confused..

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #224 on: February 04, 2011, 09:28:16 PM

Funny thing is, sending the cheese from Italy would be all sorts of trouble, and it would be very expensive shipping. On the other hand, he lives in Ann Arbor, home of Zingerman's deli, one of those places in the US where you can get real Parmigiano Reggiano every day. So I guess I'll just call my friend there and have it delivered personally from the deli. It's twice as expensive there, but still better than shipping it. Ha.
You can get it at Amazon: $20 for a pound, or a quarter-wheel (20 pounds) for $250.

Not sure how your local retailer option compares to those, but most storefront delis mark up their specialty imported goods to at least double their cost.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #225 on: February 04, 2011, 09:53:18 PM

I buy it at Costco.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #226 on: February 04, 2011, 10:13:02 PM

As an inveterate cheese snob, I'd be careful. The lawyer may be able to tell the difference between Amazon and Costco and something approaching real. You can get Manchego from Trader Joe's here, but the stuff is really bottom shelf stuff compared to what's readily available in Spain.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: February 04, 2011, 10:31:10 PM

Plus she's a lawyer....

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: February 04, 2011, 10:34:08 PM

The Costco stuff is good. It's from Zanetti which is a major producer in Italy and has the Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano Reggiano production seal.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: February 05, 2011, 05:36:38 AM

What is it with lawyers and cheese ??

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: February 05, 2011, 07:13:25 AM

It's our affinity with rats.

-H.L. Mencken
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #231 on: February 05, 2011, 08:24:45 AM

Funny thing is, sending the cheese from Italy would be all sorts of trouble

Best consult a lawyer about it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: February 05, 2011, 09:43:37 AM

It's our affinity with rats.

Some days I love you so much.

AKA Gyoza
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: February 05, 2011, 09:53:06 AM

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #234 on: February 05, 2011, 10:28:11 PM

When you next fly back to the US, I'd bring any documentation declaring your case was dismissed.  USCIS (surprisingly) isn't always 100% current.  Bring anything to prove "I am not a criminal."  CBP guards have a strange amount of authority to fuck with a person.   Other than that, congrats.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #235 on: February 06, 2011, 09:09:16 AM

Since Italy is on the Visa Waiver Program, you won't be needing a visa for simple tourist travel. However, you may wish to pop over to the Embassy if you and the staff there are not too busy, and inquire about having a note put in your file explaining your exoneration; there's a chance you'd have to make an appointment, I have no idea, might want to call. While I don't think they'd actually confirm/deny this, there's always a chance that the original warrant generated a derogatory hit on your file, so I don't think it would hurt to try to work it out before you get on a plane, lest you risk getting turned around at the port of entry...and trust me, you don't want that going into your records.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:58:59 AM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: February 06, 2011, 10:53:13 AM

Thanks so much for the good advices. I'll try not to fuck it up this time. In the meantime, you all know this gem we have to sign before getting into USA, right?

Of particular note, the last two lines of point B)

Or are you trying to get into the US to take part to immoral or criminal activities?"

Or point C)

Have you been involved, in the past or now, in sabotaging or espionage, or terroristic activities? Or genocide? Or, between 1933 and 1945, have you been involved, in any way, in the persecutions carried out by nazist Germany or its allies?"

I have been as literal as I could, punctuation included.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #237 on: February 06, 2011, 11:01:20 AM

You would not believe the sort of information that some people will give to you freely. Some cultures really hate to lie.

Also, we really hate Nazis. I've heard stories of little old ladies in Germany getting refused visas because they were guards at concentration camps 50+ years prior.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: February 06, 2011, 01:57:48 PM

You would not believe the sort of information that some people will give to you freely. Some cultures really hate to lie.

Also, we really hate Nazis. I've heard stories of little old ladies in Germany getting refused visas because they were guards at concentration camps 50+ years prior.

Prime example of this is the routine traffic stop "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?".
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #239 on: February 06, 2011, 02:46:14 PM

Perfect answer to that would probably be "I'm sure you'll tell me."

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: February 06, 2011, 03:32:14 PM

Prime example of this is the routine traffic stop "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?".

Or as the ex-policeman in that video on never speaking to the police said, "Do you know what speed you were going?" Followed by admitting to speeding a little because you were actually speeding a lot, which is still admitting to breaking the law. People don't want to just outright lie to authority for fear of getting caught.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: February 07, 2011, 03:27:50 AM

Perfect answer to that would probably be "I'm sure you'll tell me."
That's probably the sort of answer that gets you tasered.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: February 07, 2011, 04:42:00 AM

"No sir."  Act ignorant.  Let them tell you what they think you were doing.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #243 on: February 07, 2011, 05:59:13 AM

That's probably the sort of answer that gets you tasered.
For what? Obviously the tone should be slightly less disrespectful (lantyssa probably has the right of it here), but I see no reason to start guessing what law it is he's thinking of, whether or not I drove slightly faster than the speedlimit at some point, or if I just have a broken taillight.

It's their job to tell me what they think I did wrong, not my job to incriminate myself, and furthermore if you were to admit to speeding "a little" (say 55 in a 50 zone when you were really doing 60-65), you've basically already lied to a police officer. In other words, you're screwing yourself over even more.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: February 07, 2011, 06:32:56 AM

Your phrasing would make almost any cop immediately assume you'll give them attitude.  It may not get you a taser in the face, but it will get you a ticket when they might have given you a warning.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Bench warrants, and how an Italian citizen got in trouble in the USA.  
Jump to: