Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 10:28:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 286828 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3745 on: August 07, 2017, 09:43:38 PM

So of course the Shadows of Mordor sequel is going to not only have cash microtransactions, but basically microtransactions you have to buy if you don't want to play through a fuckton of padding and bloat that no one will enjoy.

This industry is really broken.

"Hi, the movie you're going to see today has some terrible long scenes that no one in the test audiences liked, but if you want to pay $10 more you can see the one that's tightly edited and fun!" Though when I think on it, that is a bit like Jackson's Hobbit movies....
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3746 on: August 07, 2017, 11:57:44 PM

It put the game from guaranteed first day purchase to wait and see how this all shakes out for me. I had the same realization about Fortnite after playing for a week. Such a good game that is covered in shameless attempts to milk the player.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3747 on: August 08, 2017, 12:21:32 AM

Shame, that was a day one purchase. Loot boxes are fine in multiplayer primary games. This, not so much. I'm sure it'll do wonders for the immersion and atmosphere of the game as well.  Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3748 on: August 08, 2017, 06:49:08 AM

"Look, these people have read the Silmarillion, for god's sake, they're fine with long, dull, somewhat repetitive content..."
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3749 on: August 08, 2017, 01:06:42 PM

Hey, need an advice: I took (admittedly) a superficial look at Titanfall 2, The Division, Warframe and Destiny 2. Now, I'll keep reading, but can someone please explain what are the main differences and if any of them is worth it? Thanks :)

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3750 on: August 08, 2017, 03:39:06 PM

Warframe is free, start there. It's also the most different, as it's faster gameplay, parkour guns and swords.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #3751 on: August 09, 2017, 05:24:06 PM

Shame, that was a day one purchase. Loot boxes are fine in multiplayer primary games.

I hate them in pretty much every game, but in free to play games at least they're a necessary evil.  Coming out of a box I already paid for, they can fuck right off (looking at you, Overwatch).  I'd rather pay an extra $10 upfront if it meant not having to deal with this carrot-on-a-stick crap constantly, but of course THAT'S not an option because then you can't wring thousands out of the 1% of your player base that is willing to pay.

But yeah, this moved the game from "day 1 buy" to "oh, right, Warner Brothers, I forgot... I'll get it in 6 months when it's $10 with all the DLC packed in and the inevitable launch fiasco has been patched"
patience
Terracotta Army

Reply #3752 on: August 11, 2017, 04:34:47 AM

Superbunnyhop touches on a rarely discussed topic, How game companies benefit from tax evasion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKnv1YzI3k

He brings up some interesting facts such as one of the chief architects for Netherlands existing rules, Alexander Hent has been working for Activision Blizzard for awhile. He also brings up some interesting implications that many game companies aren't making fewer games simply because of the huge risk in making new IP but in addition they are gaining so much more revenue and mildly steadily decreasing costs by relying more on microtransactions.

OP is assuming its somewhat of a design-goal of eve to make players happy.
this is however not the case.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3753 on: August 14, 2017, 04:25:51 PM

Shame, that was a day one purchase. Loot boxes are fine in multiplayer primary games. This, not so much. I'm sure it'll do wonders for the immersion and atmosphere of the game as well.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Jim Sterling has a good take on this calling it Shadow of More Dollars awesome, for real.  Best and most accurate line about micro transactions "Invent a problem, sell a solution".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TXWdyrqFP8

I'll pre order you SWTOR if you let me put my lightsaber in your sarlaac cave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWb3cxA4g_U&feature=related
Shame Is a component of the Discount - k3b2h3g46c0a
Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things. - Schild
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: