Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Firefall - Red 5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firefall - Red 5  (Read 94042 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #245 on: December 28, 2013, 10:03:28 AM

Gaming CEOs.

Do you know why gaming has a near monopoly on completely shitty, underqualified CEOs?

Because the money isn't quite good enough to attract good ones.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #246 on: December 28, 2013, 12:25:53 PM

Pretty much this.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
DayDream
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: December 28, 2013, 03:12:43 PM

As far as I can tell from this post here http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/feature/8075/Mark-Kern-My-Own-Kobayashi-Maru.html dude is straight crazy.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: December 28, 2013, 07:27:23 PM

He sounds like one of my bosses.  I think it's the type of person attracted to business school.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Spiff
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: December 29, 2013, 11:16:02 AM

I can only hope "a Firefall bus" quickly becomes a new meme, hilarious gifs & shops included, so at least some good may come of this  why so serious?

'Insane CEO drama' is the most fun I could have hoped for from the game at this point.
Sorry for the people who slaved on it, but at this point if you want to work in game-development you should probably come to work in black lycra and a ballgag.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #250 on: December 29, 2013, 12:02:28 PM

I can independently verify a lot of the Mark Kern stuff, knowing a lot of ex-Red 5 people. The 'safeword' thing in particular.

Glad to see someone posted on reddit about it.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: December 29, 2013, 01:54:36 PM

How did this go on for so long? The game has been an obvious disaster for years. Didn't they make a bunch of noise about being the next big E-sports game then scrap their entire PvP?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #252 on: December 30, 2013, 08:57:11 AM

Why would anyone ever want to work in gaming again?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #253 on: January 07, 2014, 06:47:58 PM

How did this go on for so long? The game has been an obvious disaster for years.

Because the alternative is to admit failure and quit, then face that particular fallout. It's easier to keep going and pretend that tomorrow something will come along and fix it. If you quit, all the work done so far is useless. If you keep going, maybe you'll pull off a miracle (patch).

Lum's post about Tabula Rasa and how everyone just kept working despite knowing there were problems is relevant here (at least I think it was Lum's) - you keep doing your job and hope for the best.

It also brings to mind the end of the Stargate MMO, where the CEO (?) was claiming how they'd make a comeback after a repo team had been through their building and iirc had even stripped out any copper wiring they could find.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #254 on: July 18, 2014, 08:09:17 PM

ARISE!!!!

Red 5 sez, Fuck it, we'll do it live!"

Firefall drops the beta act and goes full-on release on July 29th.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: July 18, 2014, 08:11:12 PM

I didn't even realize this game wasn't live.
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: July 18, 2014, 09:43:14 PM

Better late than never?

I forgot that Kern was let go. Revisiting the threads put a lot into perspective, including Kern's Krazy Kobayashi.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: July 20, 2014, 01:59:02 AM

On Twitch I've been hearing a ton of ads for this.

"I'm commander Nostromo..."

Commander Nostromo...really?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: August 05, 2014, 05:54:36 PM

Has anyone actually played this? I'm surprised there's no "But Is This Fun?"
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: August 05, 2014, 06:44:56 PM

I patched because they were giving away a free red battle panda.  I didn't play it long enough to actually do anything.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #260 on: August 05, 2014, 07:24:36 PM

I'm actually still playing it. It's less of a shitshow now that they've settled on a path they want to follow.

They've decided to go with a straightforward leveling scheme, rather than the spec out your battleframe to unlock new and better ones route they started with. This has some bonuses and some drawbacks. Mostly being that you now have to level each battleframe individually, which means you have about 20 different frames to choose from and once you're done with one if you want to level up another, you've got to go back to beginner areas and deal with the same shit over again.

There's a storyline now, but beyond the first set of missions, there's nothing yet.

Is it fun? In small doses, yes. And when shit isn't stuck in rocks.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Firefall - Red 5  
Jump to: