Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:33:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Super Newbie 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super Newbie  (Read 57941 times)
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: September 16, 2010, 04:44:18 AM

ok here is a link that hopefully works http://eveboard.com/pilot/Burroughs

Quote from: Slayerik
Guys, hate to break it to ya but Wasted is an OBVIOUS 04 spy.

;)

Damn, 6 years as a sleeper agent completely blown on the first day, I told them I didn't have high enough skill in Spying for this job!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: September 16, 2010, 05:43:30 AM

You're Gaylentte specced. Do yourself a favour and start training amarr. You will save yourself a load of heatache and horror. Oh the stories I could tell... *starts sobbing quietly in the corner*

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: September 16, 2010, 06:00:59 AM

My character, point and laugh!

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Cavort

I'd learn the advanced learning skills to at least 2 at some point, but you're also very close to a basic drake, which will let you slot right into a lot of fleets soon.

Someone link that newbie guide that some worthless bastard put together, with the newbie training guide in it.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #143 on: September 16, 2010, 09:14:04 AM

It's almost intentional! Like I had this guide I was following!  why so serious?

Advanced learning skills? Hurrr? I've just been following EveMon's suggestions on which learning skills to slot in to save time. I put together a training plan to get into a basic level drake along with the learning skills to support it... it's about done now though. I still need to train up a couple skills so I can fly a rifter (note total lack of Minmatar craft skills!) but once that happens I will start flying rifters in ops to get a feel for things (don't really want to blow up drakes on my first day)

I'm actually in a drake now but suck at ratting. I'll probably up my fittings to the awful fittings threads so someone can tell me where I'm screwing up.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #144 on: September 16, 2010, 09:30:12 AM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Gallente right now.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #145 on: September 16, 2010, 10:27:31 AM

Advanced learning skills? Hurrr?

I am still the major newbie, but from what I read you really want to get the learning skills to ranks 4/3. Meaning your tier 1 learning skills to 4 and the t2 to rank 3.

You dont need to bother with Charisma.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #146 on: September 16, 2010, 02:20:41 PM

Looks like the goons are doing another WTF 101 op on sunday. I am going to try and attend, any other corp newbies should also. I am still hazy on EVE time, but it is listed at 2030 EVE time sunday.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: September 16, 2010, 05:41:50 PM

Eve time is GMT isn't it?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #148 on: September 16, 2010, 05:44:19 PM

Yes, Wasted.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #149 on: September 16, 2010, 09:42:35 PM

I know that we've recommended Hurricanes to a lot of you new guys who are starting out Minmatar.  I'd just like to reiterate the point with this evening example of how to kill something before most of your 20-man gatecamp can even get a lock:

Purifier
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #150 on: September 17, 2010, 12:01:04 AM

Heart

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #151 on: September 17, 2010, 08:52:58 AM

I got my minmatar pilot in a hurricane a few days ago, and its really nice. Even have it cap stable with a MWD active (not sure if this is unusual or not).
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: September 17, 2010, 10:09:23 PM

I got my minmatar pilot in a hurricane a few days ago, and its really nice. Even have it cap stable with a MWD active (not sure if this is unusual or not).
Since minnie guns use no cap to fire, minnie ships tend to have extra cap floating around for things like MWDs.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: September 19, 2010, 07:23:43 PM

Welp, looks like I'm going to have to take a break for a while. Just got a new job this weekend, and the hours are pretty rough: 12 hours per day, six days a week. That plus mounting bills means MMOs get cut from the budget and I go down to DSL. I'll probably be back once my hours go down to something manageable and I get my bills a bit under control.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: September 19, 2010, 08:43:33 PM

Congrats on the job.

Hic sunt dracones.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: November 25, 2010, 06:57:48 PM

Well, time for me to read this thread I suppose.   For five bucks, I finally succumbed and picked up Spreadsheets in Space off the current steam sale.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #156 on: November 25, 2010, 09:10:28 PM

What's your character's name?  Join our in-game channel aptly named "f13".
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: November 26, 2010, 08:49:40 AM

Try and join -BAT- / Goons or TEST, Eve as a solitary PvE experience is dreadful.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: November 27, 2010, 10:49:57 AM

I don't think it would hurt to stay in your newbie corp until you get a feel for the game.  Once you start to get bored you can join Bat Country or another corp.

Just be aware Eve is a game of scams and keep your eyes open.  When I was in my wormhole corp I saw a nasty one while watching a wormhole to Empire space.

Experienced Eve player to newbies:  Let me show you wormholes, they are so cool!
 Newbies: Ok, what do we do?
 Experienced Eve player: Just follow me in!
 Newbies: Hmm, except for the wormhole it looks like any other system.
 Experienced Eve player:  Except I can kill you here without getting Concorded!! DIE!!!!

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: November 27, 2010, 12:08:11 PM

I don't think it would hurt to stay in your newbie corp until you get a feel for the game.  Once you start to get bored you can join Bat Country or another corp.

Just be aware Eve is a game of scams and keep your eyes open.  When I was in my wormhole corp I saw a nasty one while watching a wormhole to Empire space.

Experienced Eve player to newbies:  Let me show you wormholes, they are so cool!
 Newbies: Ok, what do we do?
 Experienced Eve player: Just follow me in!
 Newbies: Hmm, except for the wormhole it looks like any other system.
 Experienced Eve player:  Except I can kill you here without getting Concorded!! DIE!!!!

I've played enough games to know that the first thing you do is ignore Local/Global/Barrens.  I'm sitting on the F13 channel as Qormic for now.  After I blow through at least the basic tutorial missions, I'll app to join BC.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: November 27, 2010, 12:15:22 PM

Yep, go for BC asap. There really is no point to hanging around empire when you have an invite like that open to you.

Hic sunt dracones.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: November 28, 2010, 08:53:00 AM

Do the tutorials, they're short and give you a decent intro and some free skill books. Running a couple of missions isn't a bad thing either so you don't feel you're missing anything when you leave.

- Simond
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: November 28, 2010, 01:47:36 PM

Do the tutorials, they're short and give you a decent intro and some free skill books. Running a couple of missions isn't a bad thing either so you don't feel you're missing anything when you leave.

Dont forget the newbie epic arcs they added last year too. They pay out huge isk compared to a normal l1 and are doable in a frigate, at least up until the 20-25th mission mark iirc.

They pay out more than enough to get your first cruiser fitted out and buy all the advanced learning skills which you probably can't buy anymore anyway. :)

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: November 29, 2010, 01:25:31 AM

Gotta be careful doing the trek out to the mission hub though for the epic arc.   I got ganked in .5 sec space while doing the 16 jumps out there.  =P
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: November 29, 2010, 01:44:47 AM

Yep, lots of bored people who can throw away ships. Though it's still somewhat unusual for them to kill random noobies.

And CCP is still subsidising the cost of it :/

- Simond
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: November 29, 2010, 01:53:28 AM

Probably because I was doing the trek out there in a badger full of newb crap and materials and they thought they'd get lucky with a real score.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #166 on: November 29, 2010, 09:08:35 PM

No, it's because you joined Bat Country which is at war in hi-sec and you aren't safe there.  I didn't realize you were still planning on running missions or we would have told you not to apply until you were ready to move out to 0.0.  That didn't cost them a ship, it just cost them the two or three rounds of ammo it took to kill you.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: November 29, 2010, 11:39:31 PM

Oh, that explains it.

Yes, if you're in goons you need to check for active wars against us. And there generally are some and they will have the major trade hubs (Jita, Rens) well camped because that's pretty much all those organizations do.

- Simond
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: December 29, 2010, 06:34:39 AM

I figured out how to log off.

<addition>

I have now mastered the ability to log in and log off. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:55:47 AM by Oban »

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: December 29, 2010, 03:12:17 PM

Next on the list: spinning a spaceship.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: December 29, 2010, 03:25:50 PM

Wow, so... trying to do missions but keep on getting a pop up telling me I am outside the tutorial zone.  Did a couple of mining missions, one kill mission, and now I follow the waypoint given for the next kill mission to scavenge a ship but there is nothing there...  

Think I will join the corp because I am getting nowhere at warp speed.

<Update!>

Ok, getting a bit more fun now that I am back on the tutorial track.  Thank you again for the isk by the way!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 06:10:17 PM by Oban »

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: December 29, 2010, 07:59:08 PM

Wow, so... trying to do missions but keep on getting a pop up telling me I am outside the tutorial zone.  Did a couple of mining missions, one kill mission, and now I follow the waypoint given for the next kill mission to scavenge a ship but there is nothing there...  

Think I will join the corp because I am getting nowhere at warp speed.

<Update!>

Ok, getting a bit more fun now that I am back on the tutorial track.  Thank you again for the isk by the way!

Yah.  The tutorial  scripting is somehow really easy to mess up so that it starts triggering false bitch messages at you constantly.   
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #172 on: December 30, 2010, 01:04:23 AM

Alright you nooblar bitches, give me names. I'll send you some money too. (specifically, Oban and JWIV, though I'll throw a few mil at anybody that asks.)

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: December 30, 2010, 04:24:26 PM

Alright you nooblar bitches, give me names. I'll send you some money too. (specifically, Oban and JWIV, though I'll throw a few mil at anybody that asks.)

I'm on as Qormic, but between the guild and salvaging, I'm not struggling too badly if there's people who need it more. 
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: January 04, 2011, 06:44:37 AM

I am fine for Isk, Regel sent me ten million and I am at about five million right now, but thank you for the offer.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Super Newbie  
Jump to: