Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:16:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 College Football  (Read 194167 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #840 on: December 30, 2010, 07:26:56 PM

So what's the over/under on games decided by the refs this bowl season?

We're already up to 2.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #841 on: December 30, 2010, 07:45:14 PM

Wow.  Another great game.  And definite ref involvement at the end, not that I mind too much when we're talking about Tennessee  Ohhhhh, I see.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #842 on: December 30, 2010, 07:48:29 PM

None of those calls were bad though. If anything Tenn. was lucky they weren't called for more at the end of the 4th/OT. What a meltdown.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #843 on: December 30, 2010, 07:55:34 PM

Refs blew a late hit for sure. Still, I can't believe that ball was caught when the big hit penalty came late in the 4th. That ball is moving all over the place, but we had no angle of the ball and the ground.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #844 on: December 30, 2010, 08:07:28 PM

I thought the refs did a great job all told with that NC v Tenn game.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #845 on: December 30, 2010, 08:08:09 PM

Why is my football being interrupted with Condi Rice's ugly mug?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #846 on: December 30, 2010, 08:11:26 PM

It's better than being interrupted by her ass.....
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #847 on: December 31, 2010, 04:29:48 AM

lolNebraska. I mean come on...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #848 on: December 31, 2010, 06:10:07 AM

I thought the refs did a great job all told with that NC v Tenn game.

The did. The tragedy here is that in the NFL, you lose when you have too many men on the field trying to clock the ball. They would have run off 10s and the game would be over. In college, the team can cheat and still get a chance to win. That's not right, and I hope they establish the runoff in college football.

WayAbvPar

Reply #849 on: December 31, 2010, 03:28:48 PM

She is probably neck deep in college girls 24/7 these days.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #850 on: December 31, 2010, 03:58:58 PM

What's it going to take to get Mark Richt fired as UGA's head coach? Losing to Central Florida?

We'll see. Way not to score a TD the entire game you worthless bunch of fuckers. I hope you're happy looking like total bitches on ESPN as your last game of the season. Fuck this team being all about themselves and having no discipline whatsoever. I'm sick and tired of this shit week after week as a UGA fan. Who got arrested, who is suspended, who is going early to the NFL.

Just win or leave.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #851 on: December 31, 2010, 05:18:12 PM

Losing to Central Florida?

WTF, SEC  ACK!
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #852 on: December 31, 2010, 07:05:01 PM

Hey, when Tennessee loses the SEC wins.
Terracotta Army

Reply #853 on: December 31, 2010, 07:45:08 PM

Losing to Central Florida?

WTF, SEC  ACK!

0-3 unless SC pulls off some sorta miracle.  swamp poop

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #854 on: December 31, 2010, 07:55:15 PM

The SEC East is showing exactly how terrible it was this year. I should know as I watched a horrifying amount of similar fuckups all season long.

The SEC West, on the other hand, will not play like they forgot where they were.

Terracotta Army

Reply #855 on: December 31, 2010, 08:33:35 PM

Can't wait to see what colossal clownshoes Les Miles is going to be wearing.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #856 on: December 31, 2010, 09:20:08 PM

The SEC West, on the other hand, will not play like they forgot where they were.

I don't think Arkansas has a chance against Ohio State unless Mallett does some serious coke and plays WAY over his head.  That leaves Alabama and Auburn to represent for the SEC. 

I like Alabama's chances against Michigan State.  I'd love to give Michigan state more credit, but Iowa really broke them down.  Auburn is a bit more of a question mark.  While I think that Auburn has superior athletes to Oregon, I'm not sure that they can keep their emotions in check.  Oregon has been very good at grinding down opponents.  If Cam plays well, I think Auburn wins the shootout.  I'm really looking forward to watching the game.

So...

Ohio state over Arkansas

Alabama over Michigan State

Auburn over Oregon

Now that I took the time to type this out... I bet I'm dead wrong.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #857 on: January 01, 2011, 10:31:54 AM

PLEASE let the Big 10 win one of its 4 bowl games today...  swamp poop

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #858 on: January 01, 2011, 10:42:11 AM

Sparty v Alabama is such a ridiculous looking size mismatch all over the field, also sucks balls their top corner is injured badly in the first quarter and is out there with an obvious limp at this point. Of the four Big10 v SEC bowl games this was obviously the biggest mismatch in my mind but this may be over by halftime if it keeps going as is.

PLEASE let the Big 10 win one of its 4 bowl games today...  swamp poop

I have no idea how good Texas Tech was this year (never saw their games) so I don't know what to make of that NW v TT game. Also they have five games today Northwestern, the three versus SEC and the Rose.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:44:08 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #859 on: January 01, 2011, 12:34:23 PM

The SEC is bringing the heat today. 
Terracotta Army

Reply #860 on: January 01, 2011, 12:40:24 PM

The SEC is bringing the heat today. 

Seriously... Mich State and Mich both being de-pantsed. Shut off the Bama MSU game because it was pointless to watch that mess.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #861 on: January 01, 2011, 01:57:55 PM

I'm just counting the seconds until Rich Rodriguez and Mark Richt are fired.  Also, Bo Pelini should be evaluating his future, as well.  The Big Red laid a big fucking egg in the second half of the season. 
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #862 on: January 01, 2011, 05:03:38 PM

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #863 on: January 01, 2011, 05:09:52 PM

So yeah, I was worried about the SEC looking bad.

Thanks Big 10! You truly are Leaders AND Legends in my book  why so serious?

Terracotta Army

Reply #864 on: January 01, 2011, 05:11:05 PM

Best Rose Bowl I have seen for a long time.

Terracotta Army

Reply #865 on: January 01, 2011, 05:13:15 PM

PLEASE let the Big 10 win one of its 4 bowl games today...  swamp poop

And I think you missed one. Wisconsin, Northwestern, Mich, Mich St, and Penn St. 0-5...  awesome, for real

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #866 on: January 02, 2011, 07:58:59 AM

Ok, we are all slow farm boys who can`t play with the rest of the country.  I won`t contest that until we start beating people.   Heartbreak

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #867 on: January 03, 2011, 01:16:34 PM

Wow.  Look for Florida to be very good next year.

Florida hires Weiss, et. al. 
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #868 on: January 03, 2011, 01:25:46 PM

Not sure I buy that. 

College success depends on recruiting at least as much as coaching.  While I believe that Weiss will be an excellent coach, I know almost nothing about his ability to attract and nurture talent.  I'll have to do some digging to see what the past says about his abilities beyond coaching. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #869 on: January 03, 2011, 01:28:51 PM

Someone buy up all the available stock in the buffets around Gainsville, quick!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #870 on: January 03, 2011, 02:01:10 PM

Lol @ Pitt

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #871 on: January 03, 2011, 02:14:56 PM

They'll certainly beat Georgia again because they keep making big coaching moves, and Georgia keeps hitching it's wagon to Mark Richt.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #872 on: January 03, 2011, 02:24:57 PM

They'll certainly beat Georgia again because they keep making big coaching moves, and Georgia keeps hitching it's wagon to Mark Richt.

Under Richt, Georgia has won two SEC championships (2002 and 2005) and three SEC East Division Championships (2002, 2003, and 2005). Richt’s record (as of 11, 6, 2010) was 95–32–0 (a .748 winning percentage). His bowl record through 2009 is 7–2. The guy has also had top 5 recruiting classes the past 3 years.

Who do you think can do better than that?  He's constantly fighting with the big dogs for players. 

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #873 on: January 03, 2011, 02:33:43 PM

Since he got there, two new guys showed up and won National Championships. Fuck, Les Miles has a national championship. If Auburn wins, that'll be a new guy who fucking showed up in the SEC and won a national championship. Tennessee was dogshit, Kentucky and Vandy are irrelevent, and Florida has had the worst year it's seen in decades. What did we do? Lose to Florida, lose to the Gamecocks who got punked in the championship and their bowl game, and lose to a Colorado team that was so bad they fired their coach mid-season. Make no mistake, if you can't do it now, those programs aren't going to get worse.

Oh and to top it all off you go out and lose to Central Florida, a team that's never won a bowl game EVER, and you can't score a fucking touchdown!?!?! Kick it again from the .5 yard line you gutless asshole!  Mob

He can't coach up his recruits. This isn't about getting better players (well in the case of Cam Newton it was). Georgia pulls down just as many 5-star and top recruits as the other guys. He's done. The program is floundering and our discipline is shit. And yet, as soon as our guys get to the NFL, they seem just fine.

Terracotta Army

Reply #874 on: January 03, 2011, 03:10:53 PM

Since he got there, two new guys showed up and won National Championships. Fuck, Les Miles has a national championship.

To be completely fair, Les won with Saban's kids. Still won though. And since I am a Tigers fan, I'll take it.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football  
Jump to: