Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:45:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 College Football  (Read 196204 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: August 23, 2010, 01:37:04 PM

Just backwards wording. We will be undefeated 5-0 if we beat Arkansas and South Carolina. The other teams are pushovers.

My bad. I see it now. 

We'll have to have a gentleman's bet on the Arkansas v. Georgia game.  Should be a good one.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #141 on: August 23, 2010, 01:57:23 PM

Got my Texas tix in the mail today.  It's another reasonably crappy lineup, although I'll relish watching them beat UCLA to a bloody pulp.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #142 on: August 23, 2010, 02:32:58 PM

Just backwards wording. We will be undefeated 5-0 if we beat Arkansas and South Carolina. The other teams are pushovers.

My bad. I see it now. 

We'll have to have a gentleman's bet on the Arkansas v. Georgia game.  Should be a good one.

That game scares me more than the SC game. Actually, if I'm ranking most terrifying SEC games on the UGA schedule this year, it goes like this:

1 - Florida (duh), 2 - Auburn, 3 - Arkansas, 4 - SC. Auburn edges out Arkansas because it's on the road.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #143 on: August 23, 2010, 02:36:05 PM

You Georgia people seem to have a knack of losing to Kentucky lately, too........  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #144 on: August 23, 2010, 02:46:52 PM

We've had a shitty defense for the last three years. We lost to the KY jelly last year because our offense left as well.

This year, we dumped the fail coordinator for one of my Dallas Cowboy coaches, so if we lose it won't be 34-27.

It might be 14-6.  awesome, for real

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #145 on: August 23, 2010, 06:37:33 PM

When I was a kid I remember watching an Indiana-Kentucky football game with a final score of 3-0.  It was cold a shit, raining and generally crappy.  That pretty much sums up football for the two schools. 
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: August 25, 2010, 09:21:59 PM

9 days 19 hrs 40 minutes.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #147 on: August 25, 2010, 10:53:15 PM

7 days 18 hours 30 minutes for me!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #148 on: August 26, 2010, 08:50:43 AM

Hey Ab- how good is BYU expected to be this year? UW could really use a big win out of the game. Would also love to see the new freshman QB get some playing time and get destroyed by a blitz for spurning his hometown school for his kooky religion.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: August 26, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

I'm not sure Heaps is actually going to play unless Bronco has been pulling a big fake out (possible) as Nelson has been getting more practice reps and is the likely starter.  Maybe they'll rotate them.

Overall they are a bit of a mystery as they have a new QB, lost both good TEs to the draft and their good RB got thrown out for having the seks.  Their D backfield is always suspect particularly to fast teams, but they have a good O line, D line and scheme.  They are also tough at home.   I'd say it all comes down to the QB as they don't have a great running game unless they found someone under a rock or coming back from a mission that I haven't heard of yet.  I think if W's defense can disrupt the passing flow/get a couple int's early then they have a good shot as BYU tends to fall apart if they encounter significant problems early.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #150 on: August 26, 2010, 01:12:20 PM

Washington's defense is definitely their Achilles heel, but their secondary is probably the best overall unit on D, so hopefully they can get some turnovers. Senior safety and a pair of sophomore CBs who started as freshmen. OL may have some trouble if BYU's DL is good, but the rest of the offense is fucking LOADED. They should be entertaining, even if they lose some games 42-41.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #151 on: August 26, 2010, 05:21:10 PM

U Dub is going to win the Pac 10
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #152 on: August 26, 2010, 06:05:09 PM

That would be the surprise of the year. Washington's D line is awful. And they won't be able to outscore all the teams in the conference.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #153 on: August 26, 2010, 06:43:41 PM

That would be the surprise of the year. Washington's D line is awful. And they won't be able to outscore all the teams in the conference.

Mark it down.    Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #154 on: August 27, 2010, 08:30:02 AM

Karma dictates you lose to the UofA.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #155 on: August 27, 2010, 09:11:33 AM

I can't imagine what you mean by that. They dominated that game last year and didn't get completely lucky AT ALL. No sir.

So pissed I missed the end of that- was down in Oregon visiting relatives and watching it at the party. Looked dire, so we left. Heard 2 TDs on the radio on the way back to the hotel room  Ohhhhh, I see.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: August 27, 2010, 09:48:24 AM

Bronco just announced BYU will play a "two quarterback system" this season so Dub will see both guys apparently.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #157 on: August 27, 2010, 10:00:27 AM

If that fucker shreds UW I am going to be SO PISSED.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #158 on: August 27, 2010, 10:45:34 AM

I'd still be more worried about Stanford and Oregon State this year than Washington, although I do like their offensive play.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #159 on: August 27, 2010, 03:02:05 PM

Stanford, Oregon State and Oregon will be big competition, sure.  Don't count out USC though, even though Kiffin will probably find a way to fuck them up.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: August 29, 2010, 01:55:06 PM

If that fucker shreds UW I am going to be SO PISSED.

As Wisconsin is ranked 12th this year (and because I'm a Big 10 guy), UW may only be used to refer to Wisconsin! Sorry Washington.  why so serious?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #161 on: August 30, 2010, 08:24:31 AM

Flyover country only counts during election years.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: August 30, 2010, 08:39:45 AM

You're just bitter because my UW could crush your UW.

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #163 on: August 31, 2010, 07:47:46 AM

Good article.
Tuesday morning QB

However, if he had been to a UT/OU game in Dallas he certainly wouldn't have chalked it up as a "home" game for UT. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #164 on: August 31, 2010, 11:17:51 AM

You're just bitter because my UW could crush your UW.

I bet it would be a lot closer than it seems at first glance. The Big 10 is famous for putting up paper tigers with gaudy poll spots that utterly shit the bed when they face the slightest opposition (see Ohio State University, The).

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #165 on: August 31, 2010, 11:28:01 AM

It's officially here for me! I just put in my picks for my two college football pools today. I'll start a running weekly post where I go over the top three to five interesting games of the week, and how I pick them against the spead. I'll also keep a running tally on my picks week-to-week to see if I'm sucking or not. Here's Week 1: Only 3 games this week because most of them suck ass.

Game 1 : San Jose State @ Alabama, Saturday, 7PM EDT; Bama -38.5

This game only gets a nod because it's the hugest spread of the week, and Mark Ingram just came out today that he's had knee surgery and won't be playing for a good while. Alabama won't care, they won't be able to just toss the ball all over the field, and they won't put up a score of 40-0 without their Heisman runningback despite all the Bama fan talk about Richardson being better. PICK: SJ State

Game 2 : LSU @ North Carolina, Saturday, 8PM EDT; LSU -4.5

LSU is the a decent team with an average QB and a really shitty coach. The main problem they will have to face here is that both Jefferson and Les Miles could do something potentially stupid to cost them the game. That being said, in an ACC vs. SEC matchup I typically give the nod to the SEC, and couple in the fact that UNC is currently dealing with a possible investigation that could hold out key players, PICK: LSU

Game 3: Boise State @ Virginia Tech, Monday, 8PM EDT; Boise -2.5

I hate this game for many reasons. First, Boise wins and they can almost walk to an undefeated season and scream about a title shot. Two, Virginia Tech has a habit of being wildly inconsistent on offense. I like Virginia Tech in this game because Boise is tough at home but average on the road. Also, Virginia Tech's defense only let one team put more than 30 on them the entire last year and that team won the National Title. I have a feeling if it's played right, Virginia Tech wins by a field goal. PICK: Virginia Tech

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: August 31, 2010, 05:54:24 PM

BYU is under the impression they are Notre Dame and have declared that they will go independent in football and park the rest of their sports in the West Coast Conference. 

Oh, the sweet, sweet schadenfreude of watching BYU have a tizzy over watching Utah leave for the PAC-12.

-H.L. Mencken
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #167 on: August 31, 2010, 06:05:44 PM

BYU is under the impression they are Notre Dame

Well, Mormonism is basically Catholicism under a different name.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #168 on: August 31, 2010, 07:09:14 PM

And localized in Utah.

That being said, it's pretty hilarious to watch BYU lose it. I really really dislike their program.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: August 31, 2010, 07:19:58 PM

Not even remotely, but religion aside they don't have anywhere near the national football program and won't get a TV contract in the same universe. On top of that Notre Dame has basically gone down the tubes since it became indy so it's just funny all the way around.

-H.L. Mencken
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #170 on: August 31, 2010, 07:31:53 PM

'Twas a joke.  Their similarity in religion mirrors their football prowess.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: August 31, 2010, 07:35:12 PM

'Twas a joke.  Their similarity in religion mirrors their football prowess.

Indeed.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #172 on: September 01, 2010, 10:37:38 AM

Joined the local sportsradio CFB survivor pool. 36 teams to choose from, can only use each team once, and one of the them is Washington State  awesome, for real

Was looking for a mediocre team with an easy matchup, and decided on Clemson (-21 or 21.5 over someone...North Texas State or something). So feel free to get rich betting on the underdog.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: September 02, 2010, 08:36:22 AM

T-minus 9 hours.  This day is going to take forever.

-H.L. Mencken
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: September 02, 2010, 09:57:24 PM

Hawaii just got robbed on that play...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football  
Jump to: