Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:59:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NBA 2010 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA 2010  (Read 95264 times)
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 10:13:12 AM

I think Lebron's ego can deal with that.  He's a fairly unselfish player and I think his overall popularity won't be eclipsed by the other two guys.

I changed the name of the thread to more accurately represent the direction we are taking it.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 10:16:57 AM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 12:47:46 PM

Linas Kleiza........really?

I think Canada should have their last remaining NBA franchise revoked for this contract.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 06:47:40 PM

What a spoiled little narcissist.  If you are going to abandon your home, don't do it on national TV and then say you expect Cleveland fans to be unprofessional when you come back.  Go fuck yourself in Miami, fucker. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 06:55:08 PM

I live in Cleveland, was born and raised here, and I don't hold it against him for leaving. He tried to make it work for 7 years, took us to the finals (which we've never been) but we just didn't get over the hump. I think more than anything he just wanted to play with his friends. If I was to attend the Miami Vs Cleveland game I wouldn't boo him.

I think it'll be interesting to see; who exactly is the top scorer on that team? Who takes the game-winning shot?

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 07:00:17 PM

I don't mind the basic fact that he left.  The manner in which he did it could have been much more professional and respectful toward Cleveland.  He doesn't owe them staying forever, he DOES owe them a bit of grace.  It wouldn't have made it hurt less now, but it would have helped later.  He pissed that opportunity away.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 07:08:22 PM

As someone who never even been to Cleveland, I don't begrudge him for leaving.  I do hope the Miami faceplants because blowing all your money on three guys with nearly nothing left over is insane.

I don't even think Miami is going to be the best team in East unless they pull some serious miracles out at the minimum.  Chicago's about as good right now and has a maximum contract's worth of cash to spend awesome, for real.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 07:10:50 PM

Miami is going to destroy everyone they play.   why so serious?
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 08, 2010, 07:33:35 PM

I live in Cleveland, was born and raised here, and I don't hold it against him for leaving. He tried to make it work for 7 years, took us to the finals (which we've never been) but we just didn't get over the hump. I think more than anything he just wanted to play with his friends. If I was to attend the Miami Vs Cleveland game I wouldn't boo him.

I think it'll be interesting to see; who exactly is the top scorer on that team? Who takes the game-winning shot?

Hey there neighbor. Though I haven't been back to live in Cleveland since 1998, I was born and raised around there. I don't give two shits about the NBA so I am just glad this "oh look at me" shit is done. However, that said, I do think he just did his best Art Modell impersonation.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 07:49:54 PM

Well, he did at least take less money to go to the team he has the best chance of winning with.  Most people expected him  to follow the money or stay home.  You have to give him some credit for sticking his neck out a bit and taking less money.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 08:13:30 PM

The guy is one of the two best people in the world at what he does.  He used the opportunity to raise money for charity while simultaneously getting out of Cleveland.  Win-Win in my book. 

I think all the LeBron hate is nothing but veiled jealousy.  I don't think 99.999% of the world could even comprehend the daily pressure that guy has to live with... and he's been handling it pretty damn well since he was about 15.  All the haters can fuck off.  The guy is great and has earned the ability to do what he wants and use the stupid media to his advantage any way that he can.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 09:43:20 PM

Do Cleveland fans not understand the concept of "free agent"?  It's not like he did anything remotely as bad as Boozer did to you in '03.

Ohh, and 80 million for David Lee.   awesome, for real

edit: I just find it really hard to blame Lebron for leaving.  Sure the way he did it was nauseating but so what? Blame ESPN for going along with it.  The state of Ohio was going to be pissed whether he had a week long reality show or a simple line on a Twitter feed.

Cleveland never put a decent #2 option on that team.  Mo Williams?  Antwain Jamison (in decline)? A well past his prime Shaq (not to mention a giant body clogging the lane.. duuuurrrr)? Just surrounded him with a bunch of underachievers and over priced aging free agents.  That team got lucky winning him and then managed to be the biggest boobs in the front office for the next 7 years.  Only people worse at overpaying for crap have been the Knicks.

Dan Gilbert is a stooge.  Danny Ferry was a failure.  And poor Byron Scott will get fired after a season when this team makes last years Nets seem awesome.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:25:51 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 11:23:03 PM

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 11:49:49 PM

I don't think Lebron left in the right way, but it was fully in his rights. Cleveland was basically the opposite of how Miami is going to be, it was full of some (lots?) very good roleplayers, but few players who were dynamic enough to get involved in the offence (what offence?). Cleveland was one of the worst teams to watch in the nba for a long time (beautiful D though).

I predict the 1-3 Wade-Lebron pick and roll being both the most deadly and the only play the Heat run  awesome, for real. My initial guess is considering Bosh's range he's going to get sidelined offensively pretty quickly and pick up the kick-outs from Bron and Wade.

When was the last time any team had such heavy talent in a few of it's positions?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #49 on: July 09, 2010, 07:23:01 AM

Good on Lebron for getting out and taking a small paycut in order to have a chance at winning. I'd rather he want to be competetive than simply take a huge paychex as the face of Losertown, USA. Shame on Lebron for breaking up with his team on national TV, and making a reality show out of it. That was a dick move, only slightly to be eclipsed by the dick move of the Cleveland owner whining like a petulant child.

I hope he wins down in Miami because I want him to get a ring. I don't want Lebron to be the Dan Marino of the NBA.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 08:39:32 AM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 07:45:31 AM

The font choice seems strangely...  appropriate.  Whoever put the page together is having a bit of fun.   awesome, for real

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 08:52:39 AM

Fuck ESPN for making such a grandstanding deal about this shit. Fuck the NBA for letting them, hell, for encouraging it. The NBA has been a league about all inflated egos and substance-less style for years now. I'm a Lebron fan, because I think he plays the game the right way and is a decent enough human being, especially in comparison to other luminaries in the NBA (Kobe the Rapist, Artest the Fan Beater, and the other coach chokers, gun thugs and shitbags). But Fuck Lebron for choosing to reveal your destination in such a showy way.

But most importantly - fuck the Cavs owner for that letter. You had YEARS with Lebron to give him a team worth a fuck. You gave him shit. Even when you got to the Finals, he had nothing around him to take the pressure off of him. You turned that franchise around with Lebron - he sold tickets, put asses in seats, sold jerseys and made you more money than you would have had if you had drafted anyone else that year. You had multiple chances to show him you gave a shit about him and about winning a championship and you EPIC FAILED. I watched the Finals against San Antonio. Your team got demolished by a superior team that played the most boring game of basketball I've ever seen. But they won because they put a good TEAM together out there on the floor, not one superstar surrounded by has-beens, also-rans and bench players. You can't win with a team of 4 sixth man's and Lebron. If you'd put half the dedication into building a decent team around the superstar, even using the Indy Colts' model of lots of cheap young guys surrounding the star that you replenish when their price goes up, you still could have won. You didn't, don't bitch and whinge now. Go cry on that pile of money you made off Lebron.

Lebron didn't go for the most money or the biggest stage (they happen to be one and the same) because the Knicks are a worse franchise than the Cavs and the Nets are almost as bad. I'm not sure he'll win in Miami, as Duane Wade seems about as durable as a china doll. But at least it ain't the Lakers.

WayAbvPar

Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 09:14:30 AM

I hope he wins down in Miami because I want him to get a ring. I don't want Lebron to be the Dan Marino of the NBA.

I, on the other hand, hope he drowns in the storm surge of a hurricane big enough to encompass his ego. Which would probably destroy the earth, but them's the breaks. I am so utterly fucking sick of all the non-sports bullshit I see pass for sports news these days I can't even begin to express it. A one hour special? The fucking President has to fight tooth and nail to get 30 minutes of prime time for actual important things, not where Posse James is going to set up shop and bang groupies.

Fuck LeBron, fuck Miami, fuck David Stern, fuck the NBA, and fuck every drooling retard that breathlessly reported every time LeBron sneezed the past few weeks. What a crock of shit.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 10:07:00 AM

Meh hating Lebron takes too much effort because the NBA is so meaningless. The regular season hardly matters, the playoffs have been dominated by San Antonio and the Lakers for the last 12 years, and the East as a whole has been a joke since the Bulls stopped being good in 1998.

Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 09, 2010, 10:18:58 AM

Fuck ESPN for making such a grandstanding deal about this shit. Fuck the NBA for letting them, hell, for encouraging it. The NBA has been a league about all inflated egos and substance-less style for years now. I'm a Lebron fan, because I think he plays the game the right way and is a decent enough human being, especially in comparison to other luminaries in the NBA (Kobe the Rapist, Artest the Fan Beater, and the other coach chokers, gun thugs and shitbags). But Fuck Lebron for choosing to reveal your destination in such a showy way.

But most importantly - fuck the Cavs owner for that letter. You had YEARS with Lebron to give him a team worth a fuck. You gave him shit. Even when you got to the Finals, he had nothing around him to take the pressure off of him. You turned that franchise around with Lebron - he sold tickets, put asses in seats, sold jerseys and made you more money than you would have had if you had drafted anyone else that year. You had multiple chances to show him you gave a shit about him and about winning a championship and you EPIC FAILED. I watched the Finals against San Antonio. Your team got demolished by a superior team that played the most boring game of basketball I've ever seen. But they won because they put a good TEAM together out there on the floor, not one superstar surrounded by has-beens, also-rans and bench players. You can't win with a team of 4 sixth man's and Lebron. If you'd put half the dedication into building a decent team around the superstar, even using the Indy Colts' model of lots of cheap young guys surrounding the star that you replenish when their price goes up, you still could have won. You didn't, don't bitch and whinge now. Go cry on that pile of money you made off Lebron.

Lebron didn't go for the most money or the biggest stage (they happen to be one and the same) because the Knicks are a worse franchise than the Cavs and the Nets are almost as bad. I'm not sure he'll win in Miami, as Duane Wade seems about as durable as a china doll. But at least it ain't the Lakers.

Well technically Gilbert did break cap on many occasions with bringing in players that Lebron had input into. Tied the organizations hands in a way and couldn't get in anyone else for fear that Lebron would bolt before their proposed contracts would be up (ah la Shaq-fu). Mo Williams was supposed to turn into something...he was on track and never developed into his projection. Took Chicago with Jordan 7 years to bring that city into the NBA spotlight, 7 years of being pistol whipped by Boston and Detroit. But hey, its like Ditka said: about football in 2010 and how nobody who plays the game and nobody who coaches the game and nobody who owns a team exercises even the slightest bit of honor. "It's all gone," he said. "Completely gone. Replaced by selfishness and greed." It boils down to essentially player colluding to "buy" a championship. Hell if that's all it takes, then why not?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 09, 2010, 11:15:31 AM

Wow, that Gilbert guy sounds like a colossal dick.  Way to throw a temper tantrum there.  If I were James I'd have given him a giant middle finger, too.

Over and out.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #56 on: July 09, 2010, 11:33:19 AM

Meh hating Lebron takes too much effort because the NBA is so meaningless. The regular season hardly matters, the playoffs have been dominated by San Antonio and the Lakers for the last 12 years, and the East as a whole has been a joke since the Bulls stopped being good in 1998.

The playoffs last year where fucking amazing. Not liking Basketball is one thing, but the above statement is just wrong.

San Antonio didnt make it out of the second round this year, and didnt make it out of the first round last year. The celtics where a fantastic team the last 3 years. If you had made this post in 2007, it might hold water, but not today.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 11:40:24 AM

Wow, that Gilbert guy sounds like a colossal dick.  Way to throw a temper tantrum there.  If I were James I'd have given him a giant middle finger, too.
I can't find the quote right now but Wade made a comment after seeing Gilbert's statement to the effect of "I'm glad my owner is Micky Arison I and understand better why LeBron didn't want to stay".
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #58 on: July 09, 2010, 11:42:59 AM

I like unstable people in positions of sports power.  It makes for a better show. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #59 on: July 09, 2010, 12:22:37 PM

The playoffs last year where fucking amazing. Not liking Basketball is one thing, but the above statement is just wrong.

San Antonio didnt make it out of the second round this year, and didnt make it out of the first round last year. The celtics where a fantastic team the last 3 years. If you had made this post in 2007, it might hold water, but not today.

Last year, the 5-8 seeds in the East wouldn't have made the playoffs in the West. The year before that, 4-8 wouldn't have made it the West. Face it, the East has a couple of teams that are great, and the rest are pretty substandard.

The Celtics were great over the last three years. The Kings were better, though. Celtics won once, Kings once twice, and the Kings were in all three finals post-2007. Before that, it was even worse. The Lakers/Spurs combined for 9 NBA titles in 12 years, if the Lakers had won two more finals they were in, it would have been 11.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #60 on: July 09, 2010, 12:48:33 PM

Hey, a team from the East has made the finals every year, so they can't be that bad  why so serious?
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 11, 2010, 06:09:08 AM

The NFL has been irrelevant for almost its entire post-merger history!  1969-1981 (AFC wins 11 of 13), 1982-1997 (NFC wins 15 of 16), 1998-2007 (AFC wins 8 of 10).    Ohhhhh, I see.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: July 11, 2010, 06:18:14 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266

There you have it. Its nothing more than about slavery.

Facepalm

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 11, 2010, 07:07:29 PM

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #64 on: July 11, 2010, 07:34:47 PM

Glad Jesse could clear that up for us   this guy looks legit
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #65 on: July 11, 2010, 08:27:49 PM

God I love Jesse and his shenanigans.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #66 on: July 11, 2010, 08:35:08 PM

Jackson's ramblings make as much sense as Gilbert's rantings.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #67 on: July 12, 2010, 11:20:57 AM

Fuck ESPN for making such a grandstanding deal about this shit.

The thing that gets me about this is their online site is full of columns about how stupid and selfish and over the top it all was, and NOT ONE of them, as far as I saw, assigns ESPN itself any of the blame for it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #68 on: July 12, 2010, 11:23:50 AM

ESPN treated it just like the fucking Favre thing. "Oh we're so sick of talking about it! Here's 16 more hours of coverage!"

Fuck right off.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #69 on: July 12, 2010, 11:36:36 AM

ESPN treated it just like the fucking Favre thing. "Oh we're so sick of talking about it! Here's 16 more hours of coverage!"

Fuck right off.

I love it when the talking heads on sports shows talk about how disgusted they are with the way the media is handling things.  Facepalm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NBA 2010  
Jump to: