Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go!  (Read 100708 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #385 on: December 13, 2010, 07:10:04 PM

God dammit.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #386 on: December 13, 2010, 07:41:18 PM

Holy Shit, Brandon Jacobs.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #387 on: December 13, 2010, 08:59:44 PM

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #388 on: December 14, 2010, 05:43:42 AM

Bah. Fantasy Football, Bah!

No.1 and No.2 eliminated.

Go Haem!
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #389 on: December 14, 2010, 06:33:12 AM

Go Kilts! 

I have never played WoW.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: December 14, 2010, 08:35:26 AM

Sonova...

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #391 on: December 14, 2010, 10:11:53 AM

The kid stays in the game!  why so serious? Totally did not see that coming.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: December 15, 2010, 12:02:47 PM

I'm not excited about my matchups this week.  But God apparently wants me to win, so it will be done.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: December 15, 2010, 12:12:22 PM

Which one of you is "What Would Palin Do" in the JV league?  Cuz you're going MOTHERFUCKING DOWN this week.*

*Unless you win, in which case I will go back in time to edit this post, claiming how I knew all along how I was going to be having an off week at the most inopportune of moments.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #394 on: December 15, 2010, 02:24:40 PM

It was a good run.  Sadly, your progress would require at least two actual miracles.

I have never played WoW.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: December 16, 2010, 07:46:59 AM

Which one of you is "What Would Palin Do" in the JV league?  Cuz you're going MOTHERFUCKING DOWN this week.*

*Unless you win, in which case I will go back in time to edit this post, claiming how I knew all along how I was going to be having an off week at the most inopportune of moments.

That would be me. TBH, I'm just surprise I've made it this far with my WR core.

I do think the winner of Team Whippy vs White Trash Zombies will be the one to take it all though. I don't think my team or Canton Redbirds can beat either of you next week.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: December 16, 2010, 07:51:59 AM

I do think the winner of Team Whippy vs White Trash Zombies will be the one to take it all though. I don't think my team or Canton Redbirds can beat either of you next week.

I haven't figured out how the hell I've managed to get this far.   But yah, I'd go with Whippy or WTZ to take the ring as it were.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #397 on: December 16, 2010, 07:53:32 AM

Wait, whooops.  I'm playing White Trash Zombies (I am Team Whippy).  I hereby retract my inappropriate trash talk towards you and fling it instead over to the Zombie camp.

So, who are the White Trash Zombies?  YOU ARE GOING DOWN, BIATCH!

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: December 16, 2010, 07:58:55 AM

I was wondering why I was being trash talked by you, but just figured you had the same amount of faith in my team this week that I do.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: December 16, 2010, 08:22:15 AM

Lol, yeah, just trying to cover all bases.  Getting into your head for a potential next weekend matchup.  I'm like the Rex Ryan of JV Fantasy Football.  Next, I'll be having Heamish trip you or something.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: December 16, 2010, 08:26:14 AM

I'm alright with that as long as you don't have your old ass star QB sending me unwanted pics
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: December 19, 2010, 12:16:43 PM

Lordy. I forgot to switch out Rodgers for Fitzpatrick this morning. Shit!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #402 on: December 19, 2010, 08:43:04 PM

Holy shit. How the hell is this abysmal team of mine in the goddamn finals?

Rasix

Reply #403 on: December 19, 2010, 09:10:58 PM

Gee, thanks Patriot offense.  And thank you, media, for making me believe that David Garrard wouldn't even start.

Fuck.  I need 20 points from Cutler playing on a giant hockey rink.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #404 on: December 20, 2010, 07:28:45 AM

I'm going to have to root against you, Rasix, because I think I have a better chance against Roosters than your lineup.

God, my team is crappier than the NFC West. I'm embarrassed to be in the final. Did I mention I'm in the final?  why so serious?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: December 20, 2010, 07:50:23 AM

Who's on your team?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #406 on: December 20, 2010, 09:09:23 AM

Brees, Greg Jennings, Colston, Ronnie Brown, Brandon Jacobs and Chad Cooley, with some other ancillary bits to switch out based on matchups. No one but Brees has consistently given me the points you would have expected.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: December 20, 2010, 09:26:38 AM

I submit that there are teams that are bad, and teams that simply underperform.  I think yours is the latter.

It's like Ray Rice (who I have in the JV league)...he's underperformed all year.  That doesn't make him bad.

Or some other analogy.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: December 20, 2010, 12:14:23 PM

I'm going to have to root against you, Rasix, because I think I have a better chance against Roosters than your lineup.

God, my team is crappier than the NFC West. I'm embarrassed to be in the final. Did I mention I'm in the final?  why so serious?

I'm as amazed as you.  The only running back that showed up on my team was sitting on my bench.   Heartbreak

But congrats on the win Haem and good luck.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #409 on: December 20, 2010, 12:33:12 PM

Just looked at my bench scores from yesterday. Both Aaron Hernandez and Chad Cooley (my two TE's) put together more points than any other player on my team but Brees. That's why I keep saying my team sucks.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #410 on: December 20, 2010, 12:45:15 PM

It was a good run.  Sadly, your progress would require at least two actual miracles.

One miracle down, one to go!

I have never played WoW.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: December 20, 2010, 06:54:45 PM

Fucking Cutler.  Really, I don't deserve to win, but I certainly don't deserve to lose to Cutler.

Rasix

Reply #412 on: December 20, 2010, 07:34:59 PM

I was about to say that you're still well within Culter's ability to generate negative points in a hurry.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #413 on: December 20, 2010, 07:45:44 PM

HASSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN CHOP.

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #414 on: December 20, 2010, 08:36:34 PM

Looks like 7v8 for the final which shows to me that this was  pretty tight league. I wonder if we can jigger the scoring or lineup next year to spread it out a bit.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

Reply #415 on: December 20, 2010, 10:25:40 PM

We could try to adjust QB scoring, as they tend to occupy all of the top spots.  Funny enough, only maybe 2 or 3 go in the first round every year.

This was a pretty subpar year for super star offensive talent.  100 used to be an average score for a winner.  This year, it's been a high.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #416 on: December 21, 2010, 07:00:51 AM

We could try to adjust QB scoring, as they tend to occupy all of the top spots.  Funny enough, only maybe 2 or 3 go in the first round every year.

This was a pretty subpar year for super star offensive talent.  100 used to be an average score for a winner.  This year, it's been a high.

This was a deep year for points in the NFL, and the stats bear that out. In 2009 removing the one outlier, the average projected rank of the top 25 point producers in our league was 65 when we started the season. That means in a 14 man league, you were getting to a lot of the heavy hitters in the 5th round.

In 2010, the average projected rank of the top 25 point producers was 96. That means you were seeing top 25s in the 7th round and later, many of which were undrafted.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: December 21, 2010, 07:17:10 AM

We could try to adjust QB scoring, as they tend to occupy all of the top spots.  Funny enough, only maybe 2 or 3 go in the first round every year.

I wonder who mentioned this two years ago?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Seriously, I'd drop thrown TD's to 4 points.  It gives more value to position players. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:19:06 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #418 on: December 21, 2010, 08:03:08 AM

We could try to adjust QB scoring, as they tend to occupy all of the top spots.  Funny enough, only maybe 2 or 3 go in the first round every year.

I wonder who mentioned this two years ago?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Seriously, I'd drop thrown TD's to 4 points.  It gives more value to position players. 

Ok, I will try and remember.  We could also try Performance Scoring. If a player has an outstanding game, he gets extra points. I generally don't like that as much because dominant players become even more dominant, but it could make sense for QBs if we tweak the TDs down to 4.

I have never played WoW.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: December 21, 2010, 08:57:29 AM

I don't mind the randomness that the current scoring gives, I look at this league more as something to bullshit about rather than the ultimate commentary on my football acumen and penis size (that's what GearScore is for, amirite?).  I'm cool with going to 4-points for thrown TDs, I think that's pretty standard.  I'm leery of going to anything more unusual/complicated.  We always have a few players who can't make the draft.  And the more unusual your scoring system is, the more it hurts people who miss the draft (or people who don't spend tons of time on it).

No matter what system we use, I will vociferously talk shit about how my shitty team will beat everyone else next season as I have in the past!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go!  
Jump to: