Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:47:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go!  (Read 101482 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: December 02, 2010, 06:35:47 AM

WTB a WR on in JV league Ohhhhh, I see. I'm pretty screwed if I actually make the playoffs with my WR core, and was just thinking that's pretty messed up if I do stay in 2, 3, or 4th place with pretty much no good WR and Manning having a number of bad games this season
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #351 on: December 02, 2010, 07:24:02 AM

I just noticed how close the Varsity league is with teams at 5-7. We're like the NFC West.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: December 02, 2010, 07:55:19 AM

WTB a WR on in JV league Ohhhhh, I see. I'm pretty screwed if I actually make the playoffs with my WR core, and was just thinking that's pretty messed up if I do stay in 2, 3, or 4th place with pretty much no good WR and Manning having a number of bad games this season

Who do you have for potential trade, say, as a RB?  Wide Receivers I would consider trading:

Mike Williams (SEA)
Jonny Knox
Percy Harvin
T.O.

...but to be honest, I'd probably only trade T.O. or Percy for an upper eschelon RB.  I also have Roddy White, but there's pretty much nobody in the league I'd trade him for  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:59:05 AM by Cyrrex »

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: December 02, 2010, 08:31:46 AM

I thought the trade deadline had passed.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #354 on: December 02, 2010, 08:43:26 AM

An MJD for TO wouldn't have been a bad trade, but I just saw the trade deadline was 11/12 (as Nebu mentions). Admittedly, I was hoping to make a cheap deal with one of the last 4 placed teams with no playoff hopes, but oh well.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: December 02, 2010, 09:11:12 AM

Heh, I suppose that's why there is a trade deadline in the first place.  Makes sense.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: December 05, 2010, 07:53:01 AM

I dropped from 4-1 in JV to 5-7.  swamp poop

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #357 on: December 06, 2010, 07:54:20 AM

Screwed the pooch in the JV league, but I think I squeaked into the playoffs in the regular league, thanks to Nebu (or Kyle Orton if you prefer).

WayAbvPar

Reply #358 on: December 06, 2010, 08:41:57 AM

An incomplete list of QBs I have used this season-
Tony Romo (mostly dead)
Shaun Hill (dead)
Colt McCoy (mostly dead)
Brett Favre (hopefully dead)

If you have a QB you want to see injured, make sure he is available on waivers and I will pick him up this week.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #359 on: December 06, 2010, 11:13:24 AM

Somebody trade Cutler to Way, stat!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: December 06, 2010, 01:33:01 PM

Screwed the pooch in the JV league, but I think I squeaked into the playoffs in the regular league, thanks to Nebu (or Kyle Orton if you prefer).

Peyton Manning is my QB.  You aren't playing me this week.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #361 on: December 06, 2010, 02:47:55 PM

You beat the guy who could have blocked me from making the playoffs, thanks to his QB (Kyle Orton) shitting the bed with negative points.

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: December 06, 2010, 03:32:32 PM

I've still got Shonn Greene playing tonight, Haem. He could put up 60 points.  swamp poop

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #363 on: December 07, 2010, 05:50:13 AM

You beat the guy who could have blocked me from making the playoffs, thanks to his QB (Kyle Orton) shitting the bed with negative points.

Fuck you Haemish! You kept me out of the playoffs by less than a point. Quit your whining.

I am rooting for Kilt Wavers!

I have never played WoW.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #364 on: December 07, 2010, 08:59:30 AM

Eek. Nearly every opponent for El Gallo's players this week is in complete disarray. I'm doooooomed

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: December 07, 2010, 02:23:40 PM

My team really had an off week, hope that doesn't continue in the playoffs. 
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #366 on: December 07, 2010, 02:29:51 PM

My mediocre point output completely squashed you. 

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #367 on: December 10, 2010, 08:48:03 AM

I am intrigued that this year followed draft position in determining the playoffs 7/8 of the top draft positions made the playoffs, and #1 was still on top at regular season close. Doesn't really inspire me if I draw another low pick next year. ACK!

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: December 10, 2010, 02:13:15 PM

I am intrigued that this year followed draft position in determining the playoffs 7/8 of the top draft positions made the playoffs, and #1 was still on top at regular season close. Doesn't really inspire me if I draw another low pick next year. ACK!

No excuse, I autodrafted MJD with the 3rd overall and he has been horrible this year except for the past few weeks when he remember how to run.  It drafted me a TE who I don't even start before it grabbed a QB.  You can overcome a bad draft especially in a league with as small a roster as ours.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: December 10, 2010, 02:39:43 PM

So you're saying I overperformed my draft position?  awesome, for real

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: December 10, 2010, 05:27:39 PM

I wish that I could use draft position as an excuse.  I just did a terrible job at the draft. 

2.    (17)    Ryan Grant    RB  - Out week 2
3.    (40)    Steve Smith    WR   swamp poop
4.    (45)    Michael Crabtree    WR    swamp poop
5.    (68)    Justin Forsett    RB    swamp poop
6.    (73)    Mike Sims-Walker    WR    swamp poop
7.    (96)    Philadelphia    DEF   - Meh
8.    (101)    Zach Miller    TE
9.    (124)    Chad Henne    QB   
10.    (129)    Mohamed Massaquoi    WR    swamp poop
11.    (152)    Nate Burleson    WR    ACK!
12.    (157)    New York    DEF
13.    (180)    Mark Sanchez    QB
14.    (185)    David Akers    K

Zach Miller and the NY Giants D were the only good picks that I made.  That and taking Peyton Manning with the 12 pick.

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #371 on: December 10, 2010, 05:28:55 PM

Hey Akers has been fantastic the last 5 or 6 weeks!  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #372 on: December 11, 2010, 06:56:50 AM

No excuse, I autodrafted MJD with the 3rd overall and he has been horrible this year except for the past few weeks when he remember how to run.  It drafted me a TE who I don't even start before it grabbed a QB.  You can overcome a bad draft especially in a league with as small a roster as ours.

Just pointing out the numbers. They don't lie, even if the picks didn't pan out. Nobody had a worse first rounder than me, I assure you.

Fuck you Randy Moss.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: December 12, 2010, 02:16:32 PM

Eek. Nearly every opponent for El Gallo's players this week is in complete disarray. I'm doooooomed

Aaron Rodgers's eggshell skull may have saved the game for you.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: December 12, 2010, 03:46:15 PM

Aaron Rodgers's eggshell skull may have saved the game for you.

River shitting the bed in the second half and KC being unable to do anything (including my RB on there getting all of 1 yard so far) will save you.

-H.L. Mencken
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #375 on: December 12, 2010, 06:57:55 PM

Its pretty hilarious all around at this point.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #376 on: December 12, 2010, 08:05:18 PM

Dear Kansas City Chiefs: Fuck You. Signed, me.

-H.L. Mencken
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: December 12, 2010, 08:11:13 PM

An unexpected great game from Jason Campbell (moreso Mcfadden though) may have just ended my playoffs early unless Arian and Ray Rice both have bad games tomorrow   Argh!
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #378 on: December 12, 2010, 08:12:25 PM

Dear Kansas City Chiefs: Fuck You. Signed, me.

I knew I should have benched Bowe, 1 catch for 3 yards.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #379 on: December 13, 2010, 06:58:38 AM

First time since week 3 that Jamaal Charles has had a shitty day, luckily Vernon Davis stepped up big time yesterday.

I must say though, it's weird to be leading by 55 or so points and still be worried because your opponent has Vick going against the Cowboys
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #380 on: December 13, 2010, 08:08:25 AM

Andre Johson v. Adrian Peterson (+.01 points) to determine who goes on.  

I don't like my chances.

I really should have taken into account that Cutler might be playing in a blizzard, but I really didn't think Oakland's passing D was going to give up major points to David Garrad.  Fucking Cutler.

AND THANKS FOR NOT PLAYING, GATES.

Tantrum
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:10:09 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #381 on: December 13, 2010, 08:48:48 AM

It's down to Brandon Jacobs vs. Mario Manningham and Lawrence Tynes for me. Jacobs has to have a MONSTER goddamn night while Tynes breaks his leg or some shit. I'm not that worried about Manningham but I'm already 8 points down and any TD's Jacobs scores will mean Tynes gets points. And I still have to hope the Vikings somehow win to give the Packers a better chance at the playoffs. Fuck.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: December 13, 2010, 08:58:21 AM

It's down to Brandon Jacobs vs. Mario Manningham and Lawrence Tynes for me. Jacobs has to have a MONSTER goddamn night while Tynes breaks his leg or some shit. I'm not that worried about Manningham but I'm already 8 points down and any TD's Jacobs scores will mean Tynes gets points. And I still have to hope the Vikings somehow win to give the Packers a better chance at the playoffs. Fuck.

I meant to have Malcolm Floyd replacing Harvin, but as always - time got away from me. Our respective defenses made all the difference.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #383 on: December 13, 2010, 09:17:19 AM

Andre Johson v. Adrian Peterson (+.01 points) to determine who goes on.  

I don't like my chances.

I really should have taken into account that Cutler might be playing in a blizzard, but I really didn't think Oakland's passing D was going to give up major points to David Garrad.  Fucking Cutler.

AND THANKS FOR NOT PLAYING, GATES.

Tantrum

I clapped when I saw Gates on the sidelines :-D
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #384 on: December 13, 2010, 09:42:41 AM

I meant to have Malcolm Floyd replacing Harvin, but as always - time got away from me. Our respective defenses made all the difference.

Fucking Oakland Raiders. How do you give up negative points to the fucking Jags? Of course, it's not like there were better options based on matchups (and even KC would have given me positive points) but damn. This game could very well be decided by kickers and defense.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go!  
Jump to: