Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:56:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go!  (Read 100730 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 08:40:57 AM

Main league is QB, RB, WR, TE, W/T, W/R right now.  Should we have more player positions? I think the W/T should be another W/R.

Don't forget the K and DEF  awesome, for real  Yah, either make the W/T a WR, W/R, or just drop it altogether.

Drop it. Adding that many spots on a 14 team league would cause the very odd fluctuations we got last year. I would preferrably like to cut down on the impact that WR randomness has on the game, but that's my personal view. Drafting 70 decent starting fantasy position players is plenty.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 07:22:42 AM

Drop it, don't need TE and W/T.  I'd give odds that not one of those W/T slot has a TE in that position and given the number of WR's that will already be in play that slot will only have 3rd stringers in it anyway.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 07:24:32 AM

Count my vote as 'drop it'. There's more than enough positions already for a 14 team league.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 08:30:30 AM

Yeah, either drop it or make it a W/T/RB slot, which really will cut down on the talent pool. Drop it.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 12:36:19 PM

Gettin' ready for some football?

Last call for roster settings: QB, WR, WR, W/R, RB, TE, K, DEF

I have never played WoW.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 12:37:52 PM

I am happy with those roster settings.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 12:55:09 PM

Game on.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 12:55:46 PM

How many bench spots?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 07:40:52 PM

Default is 6. I didn't change it.

I have never played WoW.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 31, 2010, 04:49:40 PM

The only comment I have is on the scoring system. 

- 6 pts for a thrown TD is too high, 4 seems right or the league becomes QB dominated.

- 15 yd per receiving yd seems a bit harsh, but is offset by the 0.5 per reception.  Gives added value to possession receivers.

I like the sack and interception penalties... a lot. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 10:51:05 AM

I agree with that except the TD comment. Touchdowns are touchdowns.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 11:37:11 AM

Just be aware that with 6 points for thrown TD's, 8 of the top 10 scoring players will be QB's. 

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #47 on: August 01, 2010, 11:46:52 AM

Just be aware that with 6 points for thrown TD's, 8 of the top 10 scoring players will be QB's. 

Seeing as how it's the most important position in the NFL, I don't really find fault with that.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #48 on: August 03, 2010, 08:51:20 AM

Brett Favre retires... again.

Not really buying it until the goddamn season starts.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #49 on: August 03, 2010, 09:24:28 AM

Brett Favre retires... again.

Not really buying it until the goddamn season starts.

It's a trick.  Get an axe.

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 03, 2010, 09:48:20 AM

Quote from: Brett Favre
Hell, you gotta quit sometime, then again, maybe I will be doing this when I'm 50 years old, who knows?

The dude is a waffle cone.  Granted, a waffle cone with a cannon for an arm. 

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #51 on: August 03, 2010, 09:49:07 AM

Fuck, there goes ESPN for the week.

-Rasix
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 08:38:32 AM

I am a strong believer in 6pt TDs for all positions.  If there was overwhelming consensus against it, I would change it but since this league has played with 6pt TDs since it started I really think we should stick with it.

I have never played WoW.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 09:06:21 AM

I am a strong believer in 6pt TDs for all positions.  If there was overwhelming consensus against it, I would change it but since this league has played with 6pt TDs since it started I really think we should stick with it.

I hope I didn't come off as complaining about it.  It was more of a comment.  I'm perfectly happy with any scoring system and will adjust my draft accordingly.

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #54 on: August 05, 2010, 09:45:10 AM

Favre is apparently not retiring so long as his ankle holds up. I swear, I think ESPN makes this shit up just to get temporary ratings boosts. Fuckers.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #55 on: August 05, 2010, 10:28:44 AM

I just change radio/TV channels if they bring it up. I don't give a damn about the Vikings, and I hope they get exactly what they deserve for letting this go on. The longer this continues, the more respect I gain for Green Bay telling him to fuck off, and I hope they win the division this year powered by Aaron Rodgers throwing 4000 yards.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 25, 2010, 01:11:16 PM

I realize the draft is coming up on Friday, but is there any way that you could make it a tad later in the day for those of us that work west of the Mississippi?  If not, no worries... I'll just try to draft from my office  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:13:32 PM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #57 on: August 25, 2010, 01:42:17 PM

Thanks for reminding me to email my boss and let him know I need to leave by 1:45PM  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #58 on: August 25, 2010, 04:43:14 PM

I'm looking forward to a laid back Friday afternoon in my office, to be honest.
WayAbvPar

Reply #59 on: August 26, 2010, 08:48:08 AM

I thought about just taking a 45 min  break or so and drafting from work, but the idea of leaving 2.5 hours early on a Friday really appealed to my inner slacker.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #60 on: August 26, 2010, 01:21:28 PM

I have done about a half dozen mock drafts.  I have seen Drew Brees go anywhere from 6th to 16th.  I have seen Adrien Peterson go 4th.  A 14 team draft is always interesting and I look forward to getting mocked on a Friday afternoon!

I have never played WoW.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 26, 2010, 01:29:36 PM

The draft should be good.  The league last year was competitive.  Four teams were 8-5 and five were 7-6.  That's about as tight as it gets. I hope things are similarly close this year.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #62 on: August 26, 2010, 02:31:21 PM

I can't remember how long it took last year.  Will we be done in 2 hours?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #63 on: August 26, 2010, 02:58:46 PM

That should be more than enough time. I would be surprised if we weren't done in under an hour.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #64 on: August 27, 2010, 06:27:27 AM

That should be more than enough time. I would be surprised if we weren't done in under an hour.

That is pushing it, but it does depend on how many are on autopick.  I love when lots of people are on autopick because it is easy to predict who the autopicker will draft usually.

I have never played WoW.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #65 on: August 27, 2010, 08:23:28 AM

So I didn't join the F13 league, but I did do one with co-workers and we drafted last night. Thought I'd post my picks for critique. I picked 4th overall and started with Gore:

Brett Favre
Miles Austin
Dwayne Bowe
Devin Hester
Frank Gore
Matt Forte
Visanthe Shiancoe

Ryan Longwell

San Francisco (defense)

Bench:
Sidney Rice
Anthony Gonzalez (WR)
Brandon Manumaleuna
Willis McGahee
Leon Washington
Rex Grossman

Um, ignore the Grossman pick - that was purely for comedy sake (I use the Rex "Fuck it - I'm going deep!" Logo as my team emblem)

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #66 on: August 27, 2010, 09:16:29 AM

Receivers are a little thin. I like McGahee on the bench and the SF D, but Sidney Rice is going to miss like half the season, Leon Washington is running behind one of the shittiest lines in the league, and you could get a far more productive backup TE than BM, imo...he is going to be on one of the worst teams in the league (which why I am suspect of Hester too). God I can't wait to watch Martz fail again  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #67 on: August 27, 2010, 09:46:04 AM

I fully admit that being a Bears fan gives me a possibly delusional hope for Martz. Washington was the product of a late round pick I was planning on taking going right before me, and me running out of time - so I just clicked the next highest back on the list.

With this league, which allows repeated waiver moves, your bench is really just a holding pen for picking up whoever's hot that week. Rice is there so I don't have to fight over him when he comes back after six games. Hester I picked up around the 8th round, so it was pretty thin at that point - and when he does actually catch the ball, it's usually big yards. Maybe they'll let him return kicks again?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: August 27, 2010, 11:31:42 AM

Sorry I couldn't attend live draft, but at least it wasn't nearly the fiasco I expected. Don't know if it was the quick and dirty ranking or the auto one, but I might be alright since I have Shonn Greene (NYJ). After checking the waiver wire my roster in the JV league is probably heavy a couple of RBs, but that probably will mean a trade prospect if someone is looking for a decent RB.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #69 on: August 27, 2010, 11:53:11 AM

The problem with drafting Manumaleuna isn't that he plays for the Bears, or Martz.  It's that he's basically a 3rd OT and has never caught more than 25 balls in a season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go!  
Jump to: