Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:09:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go!  (Read 101562 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: September 13, 2010, 01:58:02 PM

Playing Houshmandzadeh or Jamaal Charles is a tougher decision this week than it should be imo, especially while I'm still kicking my own ass for putting in Sims-Walker for Collie. Ohhhhh, I see.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: September 13, 2010, 03:52:13 PM

WTT my team for your team, PST.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #107 on: September 13, 2010, 03:55:20 PM

The Kevin Kolb gamble certainly is paying dividends  Ohhhhh, I see.

I've never had a fantasy QB actually COST me points before.

Noticed that.

Anyone want Vick?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #108 on: September 14, 2010, 06:51:36 AM

I'm proud to say that I eeked out a win with the lowest possible point total this week, although I didn't notice that one of my RB's wasn't going to play, and my QB cost me points.

Fear the inept monkey swarm!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: September 14, 2010, 06:53:21 AM

I am enjoying the fact that talent was thin.  I would have enjoyed the league even more with 16 teams. 

I still hate my draft, but it helped me draft a MUCH better team in my money league.  So thanks for that. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #110 on: September 14, 2010, 08:58:32 AM

There is fuckall available at running back. Marion Barber is not a solid #2 in this league.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #111 on: September 15, 2010, 08:34:56 AM

Scarcity will only get worse as injuries mount.  It is all relative. If you have room on your bench for a spare RB, it can be nice to tuck away a back-up guy or two.

I have never played WoW.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #112 on: September 15, 2010, 11:23:19 AM

I had two recievers (Hester and Bowe) combine for 30 yards and had my defence give up 25pts, yet still managed to win in my league. Yay Matt Forte in the 5th round!

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: September 15, 2010, 12:40:53 PM

I thought that having Sims-Walker getting 0 catches/yards/points was bad when he was shut down by Champ Bailey, but ouch with Hester and Bowe.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: September 15, 2010, 12:52:11 PM

I thought that having Sims-Walker getting 0 catches/yards/points was bad when he was shut down by Champ Bailey, but ouch with Hester and Bowe.

That's why I benched Sims-Walker in our league  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Always check out the match-ups. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: September 15, 2010, 01:19:42 PM

Yeah, dumb move by me. I look at the team match-ups and simply forgot Denver's corners are good. Then I'm reminded of how bad of a trade the skins made to get Portis while giving up Bailey, which makes me laugh and feel better why so serious?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #116 on: September 15, 2010, 02:13:17 PM

One of my QBs has a concussion. The other one is playing Baltimore.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Huzzah.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: September 15, 2010, 09:55:03 PM

That's why I benched Sims-Walker in our league  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I wouldn't lose faith in Sims-Walker yet. Because his counterpart, Mike Thomas, had a good first game (6 rec. 89 yds.), Sims-Walker may find himself getting embarrassed less. Garrard had three passing TDs to guys who are rarely targeted, so that could open up the field.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: September 16, 2010, 05:36:22 AM

I had two recievers (Hester and Bowe) combine for 30 yards and had my defence give up 25pts, yet still managed to win in my league. Yay Matt Forte in the 5th round!

With Hester, Bowe and Forte on your team...I wonder if you didn't just experience your last victory of the season?  Forte will perform like that twice a year at best (the Detroit games).  Hope you have an amazing QB!

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #119 on: September 16, 2010, 06:23:59 AM

My lack of depth is at WR right now, but I do also have Austin - who scored me over 20 pts. Forte is also my second back behind Gore. QB, well, who knows what I'll get out of the Favre.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 16, 2010, 06:29:31 AM

Okay, that sounds better.  Austin is a machine, and Gore doesn't usually put up a stinker like he did last week.

Thing about Favre is that you can generally count on him to throw TDs and rack up decent yardage, even in games where he stinks.  Your biggest worries are the sacks and picks.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: September 16, 2010, 01:21:43 PM

The Kevin Kolb gamble certainly is paying dividends  Ohhhhh, I see.

I've never had a fantasy QB actually COST me points before.

I know your pain, had Kolb in my other league and Stafford in this one.... it's been a rough week to be my QB.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: September 16, 2010, 02:02:41 PM

The Madden Zetleft curse has struck!
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: September 16, 2010, 07:39:52 PM

The Madden Zetleft curse has struck!

It's true, I had Delhomme last year  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: September 16, 2010, 09:06:43 PM

For serious though, if someone wants Vick, offer me a trade.  I feel guilty just having snagged him up :(
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: September 17, 2010, 05:46:46 AM

Who is your starting QB?  I ask because Vick will be starting against Detroit this week.  I wouldn't be shocked if he put up 25 points this week.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #126 on: September 17, 2010, 11:50:50 AM

For serious though, if someone wants Vick, offer me a trade.  I feel guilty just having snagged him up :(

I offered an RB and a WR, but you are full of RBs. I am light on WRs.

I have never played WoW.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: September 17, 2010, 06:06:16 PM

I offered an RB and a WR, but you are full of RBs. I am light on WRs.

Nah, not even sure what I want for him. :(
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: September 18, 2010, 06:45:51 AM

Non Bat Country league - I'm torn between which TE I  should start

Shiancoe vs Mia  or Chris Cooley vs Houston - what do you guys think?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: September 18, 2010, 08:37:10 AM

Shiancoe is the most reliable red zone target Minnesota has.  The only way he won't get TD points this week is if a) Adrian runs all over Miami or b) Harvin plays out of his mind.  Cooley is almost a must start at TE every week as WAS has almost noone else to throw to and McNabb loves him some TE action. 

I say go with your gut.  Both are excellent choices this week.

-  Mark Twain
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: September 19, 2010, 08:32:41 PM

I really screwed myself in the JVs. After a 3pt. effort from the Indy D last week, I dropped them for Seattle (lol) who gave me a goose egg this week. I still managed 100pts. with Colston left to play Monday night, but sheesh.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #131 on: September 20, 2010, 06:58:29 AM

Jahved Best is living up to his name. #1 fantasy player baby! If he didn't play for the Lions, he'd have his own cereal.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: September 20, 2010, 07:18:11 AM

I wouldn't lose faith in Sims-Walker yet. Because his counterpart, Mike Thomas, had a good first game (6 rec. 89 yds.), Sims-Walker may find himself getting embarrassed less. Garrard had three passing TDs to guys who are rarely targeted, so that could open up the field.

I should have listened to you.  It may end up costing me a win.

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #133 on: September 20, 2010, 08:25:43 AM

Damn, I thought I would struggle in the regular league and win big in the JV league this season. It's been the exact fucking opposite. Brees and Colston will probably win me the game tonight (they just have to beat Gore's points by like 6 or 7). Boldin and Breaston's lack of production combined with Dallas laying a fucking duck against the Bears offense killed me in the JV league. Also, running backs. I chose poorly.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #134 on: September 20, 2010, 10:46:30 AM

It probably would have been nice for Jahvid Best to be in my starting lineup this week in the JV league.

My Bat Country team did well today, even if I'm having problems with my WR/RB slot. Cutler has done well.  I think Welker/Andre Johnson tandem is going to have some nice weeks.

edit: I could still lose, if somehow Pierre Thomas has a monster day while at the same time SF defense/special teams get some scores.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:49:35 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: September 20, 2010, 10:53:07 AM

As your JV league opponent, I was rather happy to see Jahvid on your bench.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: September 20, 2010, 12:32:38 PM

It probably would have been nice for Jahvid Best to be in my starting lineup this week in the JV league.

My Bat Country team did well today, even if I'm having problems with my WR/RB slot. Cutler has done well.  I think Welker/Andre Johnson tandem is going to have some nice weeks.

edit: I could still lose, if somehow Pierre Thomas has a monster day while at the same time SF defense/special teams get some scores.

That's me, and I doubt it.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: September 20, 2010, 04:03:12 PM

I should have listened to you.  It may end up costing me a win.

I may have done the same thing, but I'm totally stacked at WR. Gerrard was also benched in that game after throwing four interceptions, so who knows what will happen now. I'm a big Sims-Walker fan though. He helped me to 12 straight wins after adding him last year, several of those being close matches.

Last year he had the advantage of Torry Holt being higher on the depth chart in the beginning. Sims-Walker's success probly hinges on these other recievers stepping up.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: September 20, 2010, 08:40:15 PM

4th qtr, 2 min warning and Vernon Davis just caught the pass that gets me the win by .6 points DRILLING AND MANLINESS. Too close for comfort
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #139 on: September 20, 2010, 09:21:19 PM

And Frank Gore's 30 points kills my week. FUCKER. Colston needed to catch a few more passes.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go!  
Jump to: