Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 08:51:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Justified 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Justified  (Read 59861 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #70 on: January 28, 2011, 11:56:08 AM

Thanks for the reminder.  The first season was excellent, I hope for the same out of this one. 
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: February 09, 2011, 11:15:36 AM

New season starts tonight
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: February 09, 2011, 08:04:56 PM

Fuck.  This is a great show.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: February 09, 2011, 08:35:23 PM

Great great show, spectacular antagonist.  Mags is one cold blooded bitch.  I just don't like Jeremy Davies though.  Granted, he's got 'ok, be creepy! aaaand action!' down pat but he's just very unwatchable for me.  Maybe he's too good at being creepy. 

Anyway, loved it.

But needs more Boyd.  I think they (writers, directors) know what kind of gem they have in Goggins/Boyd and don't want to overuse him.  Looking forward to his development. 
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #74 on: February 10, 2011, 08:03:42 AM

Holy shit.

Cold blooded bitch doesn't begin to cover it. This season is gonna be good.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #75 on: February 10, 2011, 08:29:38 AM

I like this show; there is good acting all around.

Edit: Do we spoiler quotes from current episodes? I'll do that.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:32:06 AM by Xuri »

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #76 on: February 10, 2011, 08:35:01 AM

I like this show; there is good acting all around.

Edit: Do we spoiler quotes from current episodes? I'll do that.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: February 10, 2011, 09:03:20 AM

That is part of his charm like an old school old west law man. He means what he says and he says what he means.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: February 10, 2011, 09:21:29 AM

Great great show, spectacular antagonist.  Mags is one cold blooded bitch.  I just don't like Jeremy Davies though.  Granted, he's got 'ok, be creepy! aaaand action!' down pat but he's just very unwatchable for me.  Maybe he's too good at being creepy.  

Edit:

I think it would be safe to spoiler discussion of an episode in the same week.  I know that alot of posters were DVRing or catching up on episodes well after the first air date.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:23:18 AM by Johny Cee »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: February 10, 2011, 11:05:21 AM

I loved his resigned "i don't know why they give us guns" after finding out he's in trouble again. 

I am the .00000001428%
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: February 10, 2011, 06:02:05 PM

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: February 11, 2011, 05:56:20 AM

A twisted and dark take on rural small-town life; like the evil twin to Northern Exposure.  I agree with Johnny Cee's comment... that is what makes the show interesting.

AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: February 18, 2011, 08:58:59 AM

This season is off to a good start, it's great to have Justified back again.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: February 18, 2011, 11:27:27 AM

Agreed. I loved the "apricot" moment in the most recent episode.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: February 23, 2011, 08:30:33 PM

Third episode was great, after a lackluster second.  Eminently quotable.

"If it was me, I think I would remember that unless you Rufied me.  Did you Rufie me Raylan?"
"What are you, the ski mask police?"
"Are you speaking Martian, Doyle?"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:00:36 AM by Johny Cee »
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: February 26, 2011, 01:56:46 AM

I'm not sure how he does it but the actor playing Boyd keeps stealing scenes even with Timothy Olyphant sharing the screen.. I think at this point I'd watch a spin off show about him. I actually find myself feeling sorry for him this season and I suspect his arc will be him falling back into his old ways which I find somewhat disappointing as I dig the conflicted version of him who seems to actually be trying even if noone believes him.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: February 26, 2011, 01:36:38 PM

I'm not sure how he does it but the actor playing Boyd keeps stealing scenes even with Timothy Olyphant sharing the screen.. I think at this point I'd watch a spin off show about him. I actually find myself feeling sorry for him this season and I suspect his arc will be him falling back into his old ways which I find somewhat disappointing as I dig the conflicted version of him who seems to actually be trying even if noone believes him.

There are some great interviews with Walton Groggins about the character of Boyd Crowder.  He really cares about the performance, and the showrunners give him leeway as to the direction his character is heading.

The character makes a great foil for Raylan, too.  I hope we see Boyd become more of a shadow figure...  he would be great as kind of involved in crime but also working with/playing Raylan as a CI.

Also, this was one of the original ideas for the first season finale:

"According to the DVD for the season one finale, the original plan for the finale would have been for Boyd to visit the family of the white supremacist recruit that he murdered in the pilot in order to try and offer some form of restitution for the man's death. Raylan would trail him to Oklahoma in hopes of getting the family to help him trick Boyd into confessing to murder. Unfortunately for both, the family turns on both of them and tries (unsuccessfully) to kill them with chainsaws."

awesome, for real
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #87 on: March 02, 2011, 07:54:02 PM

Stay strong Boyd, Stay strong.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: March 31, 2011, 11:14:37 AM

The character makes a great foil for Raylan, too.  I hope we see Boyd become more of a shadow figure...  he would be great as kind of involved in crime but also working with/playing Raylan as a CI.

Ohhhhh, I see.

The two Winonna episodes were kind of meh, but last nights Bennett-centric episode had some real highs.  I like the fact that every once and a while they deflate Raylon's invincible aura, and the town meeting was great drama.

This has been renewed for season 3!
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 02, 2011, 03:53:25 PM

The two Winonna episodes were kind of meh, but last nights Bennett-centric episode had some real highs.  I like the fact that every once and a while they deflate Raylon's invincible aura, and the town meeting was great drama.

Yeah, I never quite bought that whole Winona takes the cash plotline, and was bummed they spread it over two episodes. But this week's episode more than made up for it. Raylan in Mag's store, hung over, counting on his bravado and the badge, then ... holy shit! What an awesome and unexpected scene. And yeah the town meeting was a really well written and acted scene. Eva and her shotgun again! This is great television.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 05, 2011, 06:41:09 AM

You would think it being such a small town type atmosphere there pretty much everybody would have heard if Eva says she is going to shoot your ass with a shotgun she is damn well going to shoot your ass with a shotgun.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: April 05, 2011, 03:02:23 PM

You would think it being such a small town type atmosphere there pretty much everybody would have heard if Eva says she is going to shoot your ass with a shotgun she is damn well going to shoot your ass with a shotgun.

I had the same thought when that Bennet brother mouthed off and said she wouldn't do it. I thought that for sure Boyd would say "excuse me, weren't you at my brother's funeral?"

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: April 05, 2011, 03:23:18 PM

Well, at least she shot the critter to keep her street cred.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: April 08, 2011, 12:19:52 AM

So, I quite enjoyed this week's episode.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: April 14, 2011, 06:19:28 PM

Another good episode, even if it was setting up the end of season bloodbath.  Winona works much better as a character when she is changeable and capricious.  Telling off the guys tailing him was classic Raylan.

If it plays out like last year, Crauders vs. Bennetts will get derailed when Frankfurt shows up leading to lots of bodies.

I can't get out of head how awesome a Hollywood remake of The Man with No Name trilogy would be with Olyphaunt.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: April 14, 2011, 07:00:05 PM

Trying to figure out why the Dixie Mafia (assuming that was who was in the silver Cadillac) is getting involved, and I'm not exactly sure if they're after Raylan or Winona.  Are they trying to take out Winona under the guise of making it look like they were actually after Raylan?  How is Gary involved (you just know he is)?  Is Gary in debt to the DM again?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: April 14, 2011, 10:53:03 PM

Did you miss the scene where Gary went back to Wynn Duffy (sp?) for money a few episodes back?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: April 15, 2011, 06:50:57 AM

Also note how Gary breaks down when winnona mocks him for being so petty about the insurance policy.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: April 15, 2011, 07:00:07 AM

Did you miss the scene where Gary went back to Wynn Duffy (sp?) for money a few episodes back?

He went to him to offer an investment to his race horse, but not to borrow money from him.  Could the investment have gone sour?  Sure.  But I guess it depends on how much time has passed since then and the proverbial now.

Also note how Gary breaks down when winnona mocks him for being so petty about the insurance policy.

I tend to fall on the "That was totally fake" side of that coin.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: April 15, 2011, 07:06:21 AM

Telling someone about an "investment opportunity" is either a clever way of borrowing money, or a scam. Remember last time Gary was underwater, when he went to his football player friend?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: April 15, 2011, 05:48:11 PM

I watched the scene a few times but I could not figure out about what kind of insurance they were talking with their attorneys.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: April 16, 2011, 10:22:47 PM

I watched the scene a few times but I could not figure out about what kind of insurance they were talking with their attorneys.

I thought it was life insurance which could potentially put a whole new spin on the last episode.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: April 17, 2011, 08:43:13 AM

The first scene of last episode was just devastating.

Raylan and Boyd are stars, but don't overlook Art.

He has some of the best lines.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: April 17, 2011, 09:19:32 AM

I thought it was life insurance which could potentially put a whole new spin on the last episode.

It was life insurance.  I really only skim watched the second Winona episode, so I missed anything in there that is indicating that her husband is tied back in to the Dixie Mafia.  Sounds like we're dove-tailing the Bennets, Boyd, and Raylan & Winona arcs for the final episode plot.

I think I could watch an entire TV show just based around Boyd Credeur.  He's almost hypnotic.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #104 on: April 17, 2011, 10:16:37 AM

Did you watch The Shield?  Goggins is great in that show too.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Justified  
Jump to: