Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:45:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Justified 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Justified  (Read 58917 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #35 on: June 02, 2010, 10:38:44 AM

I hardly even remember that channel, although I watched that show "Damages" for a while.  I don't know why I stopped.  I think it was one of those things where it disappeared long enough for me to wander off and forget.  Geez, I suck at TV!  Thanks, though.  I'll look it up.  Maybe I can dl some of it.  

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: June 06, 2010, 09:32:25 AM

I think the Bo Crowder transformation is genuine. I hope so at least, because Goggins is chewing the scenery with it in such a satisfying way.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #37 on: June 06, 2010, 12:53:51 PM

Season finale this week. I am excited and sad. That means a good series in my book.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #38 on: June 06, 2010, 05:45:24 PM

I think the Bo Crowder transformation is genuine. I hope so at least, because Goggins is chewing the scenery with it in such a satisfying way.

Totally. Bo has become sort of a shadow Raylan... Though I fear he will die before all is said and done.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 06, 2010, 06:42:35 PM

Totally. Bo has become sort of a shadow Raylan... Though I fear he will die before all is said and done.

Just to clarify this a bit... Are you talking about the father Bo or the son Boyd? I is confuggled.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #40 on: June 06, 2010, 08:10:40 PM

Boyd. DOH.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #41 on: June 06, 2010, 09:19:59 PM

Double d'oh

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 06, 2010, 09:53:13 PM

The actor for Boyd has signed a contract for season two, so it won't be this season.
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 07, 2010, 04:20:28 AM

The Boyd and Raylan dynamic is an underlying thread. I doubt they'd do anything to tarnish it like, say, kill Boyd off. Once it plays out down the road, maybe he'll go back to prison but not with the storyline this fresh. Besides, Boyd vs his father is going to be just as juicy.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #44 on: June 07, 2010, 05:04:36 AM

That was what I was getting at, Boyd's a helluva lot more likely to get killed by his father than by Raylan at this point.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #45 on: June 08, 2010, 08:07:00 PM

Fuck. Yeah.

I think I cried a little.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: June 08, 2010, 08:20:34 PM

Washed a little of the "Lost" stink off me.

Good work.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #47 on: June 08, 2010, 08:49:12 PM

"Any of them good with a gun?"

"Not as good as you..."

Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 08, 2010, 08:56:19 PM

Awesome. So glad I started watching this one.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #49 on: June 08, 2010, 09:04:59 PM

"You willing to bet your life on that?"

"No, I'm willing to bet you're the only friend I have left in the world."

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 09, 2010, 09:13:58 AM

Boyd is stealing the show from Raylan... I smell a death coming.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 09, 2010, 09:37:23 AM

Fuck. Yeah.

I think I cried a little.

This show is very, very unafraid to play against expectations.  They had two random character shootings that came out nowhere in the finale (Bo and Arlo).  Set up the betrayal plot for Arlo that immediately gets squashed because Timothy fucking Olyphant is that good.

I mean.... Boyd is a hillbilly racist neo-nazi murdering asshole, and yet you still manage to feel sorry for the poor bastard because of how badly the deck is stacked against him when he tries to make good.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: June 09, 2010, 10:04:18 AM

I mean.... Boyd is a hillbilly racist neo-nazi murdering asshole, and yet you still manage to feel sorry for the poor bastard because of how badly the deck is stacked against him when he tries to make good.

I think you are eliding your prejudices there (perhaps for effect?)... Hillbilly murderer, sure... but I haven't seen any racist neo-nazi stuff - in fact, two of the 5 men he buried last night were pretty clearly...non-Aryan.

Not to say that as a member of the crowder clan he wasn't a full-blood member of various depravities... but it is precisely the (imperfect)conversion of character that makes him so interesting - highligthed, in fact, by his repentance/12-step apology to Eva.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 09, 2010, 10:13:17 AM

I think you are eliding your prejudices there (perhaps for effect?)... Hillbilly murderer, sure... but I haven't seen any racist neo-nazi stuff - in fact, two of the 5 men he buried last night were pretty clearly...non-Aryan.

Not to say that as a member of the crowder clan he wasn't a full-blood member of various depravities... but it is precisely the (imperfect)conversion of character that makes him so interesting - highligthed, in fact, by his repentance/12-step apology to Eva.

Boyd was most definitely part of a neo-Nazi/aryan gang in the first episode.  He even had a bullshit speech to Raylan about how the Bible supports his views, which Raylan calls him on.  It was left fairly open about how much of that Boyd believed and how much was adopted to fit in and make use of the Aryan connections to extend his criminal activities.

It's a big reason why no one actually believed his spiritual conversion.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: June 09, 2010, 10:19:59 AM

I guess I missed that... I thought he was being beaten by the neo-Nazi's until daddy intervened with the "No harming members of the cloth" rule.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #55 on: June 10, 2010, 08:27:02 PM

I guess I missed that... I thought he was being beaten by the neo-Nazi's until daddy intervened with the "No harming members of the cloth" rule.

In prison, yes. But the first episode he was quite clearly a neo-Nazi racist. Don't you remember the mud people speech?

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 10, 2010, 11:23:33 PM

In prison, yes. But the first episode he was quite clearly a neo-Nazi racist. Don't you remember the mud people speech?

Didn't raylan call that out as bullshit during the first episode? with something a long the lines of "you just wanna blow shit up and rob banks".
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #57 on: June 11, 2010, 07:26:48 AM

Didn't raylan call that out as bullshit during the first episode? with something a long the lines of "you just wanna blow shit up and rob banks".

Yeah, he did.

Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 11, 2010, 08:56:05 AM

That last episode had a huge body count.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #59 on: June 11, 2010, 08:59:47 AM

This show is great, it's like an evil version of the Waltons.
Yoshimaru
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 20, 2010, 11:54:34 PM

Wow, just finished the final episode. Fantastic. FX has been amazing with their original programming, a lot better than showing shitty movies all day. I need to see Walton Goggins in a lot more things, right nao.

Anyone else get this from the last scene?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #61 on: June 21, 2010, 12:28:42 AM

A bit. You wanna see Goggins in more stuff, watch the first few seasons of The Shield.

Bang.

Yoshimaru
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 21, 2010, 12:46:52 AM

Ya, I've been meaning to watch the Shield ever since the first season of Sons of Anarchy (and the realization that FX can do no wrong). I wish Netflix would carry the older seasons on Watch Now.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #63 on: June 21, 2010, 08:35:50 AM

Actually, watch ALL the seasons of the Shield. Goggins really comes into his own in the last season, IMO.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 21, 2010, 08:59:08 AM

Did this show just stop at episode 13?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #65 on: June 21, 2010, 09:27:55 AM

Yeah, it's kind of a typical FX season.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #66 on: June 21, 2010, 09:41:10 AM

Lots of channels seem to do that now.  They show half and then have a really long break and then the other half.  I don't know if that's one season or two but I generally wander off after the first break and forget about it.  I'm always surprised when it suddenly reappears.  By then, however, I've missed a bunch of them which seems to matter more and more these days. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: June 21, 2010, 10:31:26 AM

Lots of channels seem to do that now.  They show half and then have a really long break and then the other half.  I don't know if that's one season or two but I generally wander off after the first break and forget about it.  I'm always surprised when it suddenly reappears.  By then, however, I've missed a bunch of them which seems to matter more and more these days. 

I prefer 13 episode seasons actually. It makes the writing tighter and more focused because there are less B.S. filler episodes.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 26, 2011, 12:38:03 PM

Arise!

Justified is set to restart on February 9th on FX.  If you missed season one, it was one of the most critically acclaimed new series.  Basically a combination of modern Western plus crime caper drama, with outstanding acting by Timothy Olyphant and Walton Groggins.

The new promo, where Raylon talks about the Star Wars cantina scene while trying to lure a badguy into drawing?    awesome, for real
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: January 28, 2011, 10:47:54 AM

The new promo, where Raylon talks about the Star Wars cantina scene while trying to lure a badguy into drawing?    awesome, for real

"You know in the originals Han Solo shoots first, but then they changed it to make it look like the bad guy shot first..."

Such a fucking bad ass, i missed this show.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Justified  
Jump to: