Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:03:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Mr. Smart is the Best Forum Poster [INTERNET HISTORY ITT] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mr. Smart is the Best Forum Poster [INTERNET HISTORY ITT]  (Read 413813 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #840 on: May 16, 2010, 10:26:34 PM

I want Geldon and Dr. Smart to have babies. That would be awesome.

Such a child would probably rate about 870 milliNevas (or 87 centiProks if you prefer) on the tragically misunderstood genius scale.

Wow - bringing in SL'isms. That's just cold.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #841 on: May 26, 2010, 08:24:08 AM

I'm listening to one of my favorite podcasts (Three Moves Ahead, episode 64 and a round 36:00), and I had to transcribe the following exchange:

Julian Murdoch: "I actually did really learn how to play (Battlecruiser 3000 AD) because I had an interview with him, and I was doing an article on - you know, the brief history of Serek Dmart - and... God! Ugh!"

Troy Goodfellow: "I also learned how to play it and it was... it was a chore. I made myself play it."

(snip)

Julian: "I always likened it to learning how to start your car by going under the hood and figuring out just exactly where to hold the spark plug... Every other game you get in the car and you turn on the key, because that's the natural way you start an engine.  The Serek Dmart game you go and you actually have to hold all six spark plugs over the cylinders at the same time to get the engine started."

Troy: "Yes... Derek, please do not write."

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Ollie
Terracotta Army

Reply #842 on: May 26, 2010, 02:52:59 PM

Well, he IS the dean of awesome at Desktop Emulation University, so you know his games deliver the very latest in user friendliness and UI design. And even if they don't, it obviously isn't his fault. And even if it is, you need to get a life.  awesome, for real

Hug me, I'm Finnish!
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #843 on: May 27, 2010, 12:03:25 AM

Some people don't consider that sexual intercourse.

Late to reading the latest drivel in the thread, but I have topay that one. Well played, madam.

I also liked Geldon's stuff. I wish he could be allowed back here to demonstrate maturity and how to not be a drama whore.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #844 on: May 27, 2010, 12:18:49 AM

You could always troll him on Lum's blog.

EDIT:  Also, isn't his account still active?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #845 on: May 27, 2010, 12:43:16 AM

Troll him? Oh, I just enjoyed the lulz from reading his posts. I don't think I ever interacted with him.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #846 on: May 27, 2010, 12:15:21 PM

Troll him? Oh, I just enjoyed the lulz from reading his posts. I don't think I ever interacted with him.

Believe me, you'd remember it as the time you sat staring at the computer screen with the words "Is this fucking guy serious?" on your lips and a gobsmacked look on your face.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #847 on: May 27, 2010, 12:20:35 PM

You really need to read the comments on Lum's blog if you're wondering what you're missing.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #848 on: May 27, 2010, 12:57:50 PM

You really need to read the comments on Lum's blog if you're wondering what you're missing.

ACK!

Jesus.  I need to scrub my brain. 

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #849 on: May 27, 2010, 08:01:35 PM

Holy fuck, what have I done?

It's like Cthulu has an online presence.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #850 on: May 27, 2010, 09:52:05 PM

Holy fuck, what have I done?

It's like Cthulu has an online presence.

Well. Cthulu is a little much, he's not that good. But yes, it's amazing. And since he left here he's been terrorizing Lum. Which is alternatively sad and hilarious!

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #851 on: May 27, 2010, 10:27:09 PM

I was thinking Mister Mxyzptlk or Bat-Mite.

awesome, for real

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #852 on: May 27, 2010, 10:39:45 PM

Well. Cthulu is a little much, he's not that good.

It's not his skill, it's the completely alien way in which his mind operates.  Awesome, terrible, and utterly foreign from the human condition at the same time.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #853 on: May 27, 2010, 11:08:25 PM

Woooo, I killed the thread! awesome, for real

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #854 on: May 27, 2010, 11:17:40 PM

I was going to throw in a "You still haven't answered the fucking question."
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #855 on: May 27, 2010, 11:49:49 PM

The guy reminds me of Otto in Fish Called Wanda.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ollie
Terracotta Army

Reply #856 on: May 28, 2010, 12:36:18 AM

The sociopathy fits. All he needs to do is start spouting fake Italian and sniffing women's shoes, and we'd have a match.

Hug me, I'm Finnish!
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #857 on: May 28, 2010, 09:06:44 AM

That was actually fun to read, though I had to skip a few of the wall o' text posts (I am at work, afterall).

So essentially he took one of those ideas that everyone has, but knows that there is no practical, real life way to enact - and then tried to argue that it should be attempted.

We all have ideas like that:
 - require minimum requirements be met before having kids
 - prove a certain level of informedness before voting
 - prove the ability to ignore "your computer is at risk!" popups before being allowed on the net

Only Geldon has the nerve to try to argue that there should be a way to enact something like that. Of course, it doesn't help that so many people are willing to jump in and tell him how wrong he is, as you all know that is what he thrives on.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #858 on: May 28, 2010, 11:05:43 AM

It's not his skill, it's the completely alien way in which his mind operates.  Awesome, terrible, and utterly foreign from the human condition at the same time.

As I said, he is possibly the closest any of us will ever come to seeing the inner workings of the mind of a serial killer.

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #859 on: May 28, 2010, 12:30:09 PM

Only Geldon has the nerve to try to argue that there should be a way to enact something like that. Of course, it doesn't help that so many people are willing to jump in and tell him how wrong he is, as you all know that is what he thrives on.

The magical part is that he comes up with these thoughts most people had when they were 17, suggests a way that they be carried out and then when people point out all the flaws with this suggestion his response is that they're supporting the status quo or too immature to understand the need for change. He never bothers to defend his suggestions or even come up with more, he instead attacks people for finding fault with his because if they're not supporting him clearly they're in favour of whatever he's arguing against. It's introducing someone to the first law of thermodynamics, they realise that entropy will eventually destroy the everything in the the universe and suggest we harness the sun to somehow stop it. When you point out the idea is moronic they go off at you for your willingness to watch all life die and start thinking of themselves as the lone voice of warning scientist in a natural disaster movie. It requires a special blend of being just smart enough to see these problems, dumb enough not to question the solutions and having an ego large enough to collapse in on itself, dragging with it anyone that happens to read your posts.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #860 on: May 28, 2010, 02:36:21 PM

Ever has my volume of spam only been in reply to others who solicited it.  However, as it seems my presence offends with it’s inconvenient, hard-to-swallow truths, I’ll attempt to resist the impulse.  This is humankind we’re talking about here.  People who behave such as I have today tend to get nailed to wood.

You stay classy, Jesus Geldon.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #861 on: May 28, 2010, 02:41:06 PM

Dude needs help.  Seriously.

AKA Gyoza
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #862 on: May 28, 2010, 02:54:14 PM

As I said, he is possibly the closest any of us will ever come to seeing the inner workings of the mind of a serial killer.

He's just a pompus ass on the internet. I wouldn't compare him to a serial killer. Maybe a stalker.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #863 on: May 28, 2010, 04:04:04 PM

Dude needs help.  Seriously.

I've got a pair of pliers handy.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 04:06:47 PM by Stabs »
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #864 on: May 28, 2010, 06:42:24 PM

You're gonna need lots of pliers.

AKA Gyoza
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #865 on: May 28, 2010, 06:51:09 PM

He's just a pompus ass on the internet. I wouldn't compare him to a serial killer. Maybe a stalker.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

If he was "just" a pompous ass he wouldn't stand out.  Pretty much everyone on this site is a pompous ass at one time or another.  Geldon has a rare gift- that very special ability to poke the part of the brain that feels mosquito bites or sunburn-  A horrible buzzing and sick malarial heat grows inyour mind as you read his words.  Even if he cut and pasted a reasonable post by a reasonable poster, it would still SOMEHOW CAUSE THAT HORRIBLE BUZZING. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #866 on: May 28, 2010, 07:36:18 PM

Oh christ on a cracker.. why did I go read those comments?  It's the start of a lovely long holiday weekend and I went to read Geldon's babblings.  Why?

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #867 on: May 28, 2010, 07:42:18 PM

What the hell is going on in here?

The beautiful thing about Geldon getting banned was that he could no longer tard up every thread on the site with his all-about-Geldon babbling. Once we had our eleventy-page catharsis, the rest of us could stop talking about him too.
Now it's two years on, and somehow he's come bubbling up through the cracks in the ground. He's like toxic waste. It's time to excavate your minds!

Granted, this thread's primary topic is an internet troll even more deranged and persistent, so I see the common theme.

Still. Shut up about Geldon. You see up there, where it says "8 guests are viewing this topic"? He's one of em. You're just giving him fuel for his next f13 rant.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #868 on: May 28, 2010, 10:05:04 PM

I disagree with what you said.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #869 on: May 28, 2010, 11:29:33 PM

I laughed. I cried.

I think he has Aspergers. But not the genius-level IQ that everyone on the internet associates with it.  awesome, for real

However, I do recant my previous wish that he not be banned from here.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #870 on: May 28, 2010, 11:45:49 PM

Granted, this thread's primary topic is an internet troll even more deranged and persistent, so I see the common theme.

I'm working on a theory.  It involves Parthenogenesis.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #871 on: May 28, 2010, 11:52:14 PM

I counter with Occam's razor in that entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity and posit in its place lead paint chips.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
schild
Administrator

Reply #872 on: May 29, 2010, 06:24:36 AM

I bet his mom thinks he's just peachy and wishes he wouldn't spend so much time tying up the phone line trying to order more red hair dye for his "ladyfriends."

Ya'll are just mean.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #873 on: May 29, 2010, 08:19:13 AM

I'm not sure what all of the above has to do with Mr.Smart.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #874 on: May 29, 2010, 10:18:26 AM

I'm not sure what all of the above has to do with Mr.Smart.

Geldon is the amuse bouche in between courses of the good Doctor's appearances. We're all waiting to see what will be served up next in the degustation menu of MMO misteps.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Mr. Smart is the Best Forum Poster [INTERNET HISTORY ITT]  
Jump to: