Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - Team Ninja - 360 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - Team Ninja - 360  (Read 3685 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: December 29, 2009, 02:13:51 AM

Wow. Let me preface by stating that I did not buy this. A friend loaned me this, stating that it was shit, but I wanted to see for myself (yes, I asked to borrow it), so I played it while watching a Tenacious D disc, so I could still be entertained while playing with it. I did play the original on XBox briefly, and came to the conclusion that while CG girls with hot bodies, anime faces and otherworldly breasts are funny, the actual Volleyball was ass, and everything else was even worse.

So I didn't come to Xtreme 2 with high expectations. I did read an interview with that Team Ninja guy who thinks he's a rock star saying something about these games not being meant to be taken seriously, and that they're essentially "dumb fun" like a TV gameshow. Well, he was half right.

Graphically, the hot-bodied, anime-faced, otherworldly-breasted girls are obviously going to have been rendered better than they were on the original Xbox, but unbelievably, the game is even more shitty than the original. The jetski racing is weak, the pool game is at least as bad as before, and the volleyball still sucks arse.

This "game" is total shit.

==

Avoid.

Like the Plague.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:19:29 AM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 11:14:01 PM

I quite liked the volleyball.

Everything else was shit, but the volleyball was fun enough that I'd probably have kept it if I could install it to hard drive (which you can't for whatever reason).

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 08:02:40 AM

You can't because that functionality didn't exist at the time of the game's launch.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 09:53:57 AM

I tried to like the volleyball, but no luck. Poor camera angles and somewhat random shots.

Well, poor camera angles for playing a volleyball game. As opposed to watching jiggle.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 10:04:49 AM

Heh, we picked up the original for $2 used at the video store after I got back from Japan.  While all the mini games were weak, I actually did think the volleyball part of the game was fun (and insano gravity defying boob shots were hilarious).  Haven't actually tried this one, but I have a hard time seeing the Volleyball being any worst than the original.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 07:58:31 PM

OK fair point. Maybe I just have lower tolerance for the volleyball now, but I was able to play through a few games in the original, while in this one it felt much more painful.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 03:53:32 AM

You can't because that functionality didn't exist at the time of the game's launch.

Doesn't matter when it came out.  Some games you might not want to install because they perform poorly compared to running off-disc (Halo 3) but you can install pretty much every 360 title.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 07:43:56 AM

I honestly didn't know they ever retroactively added the ability to install old titles; I just assumed it only worked for the new games.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - Team Ninja - 360  
Jump to: