Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Some new spam 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some new spam  (Read 130594 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: September 30, 2009, 06:56:57 PM

I have never seen this one before.

ATTN

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Eng.  
Jurgen Krugger, I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter  
was returned undelivered. I hereby attempt to reach you again by this  
same email address on the WILL. I wish to notify you that late Jurgen  
Krugger made you a beneficiary in his WILL. He left the sum of Thirty  
Million, One Hundred Thousand Dollars (USD$30, 100.000.00)  to you in  
the Codicil and last testament to his WILL.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and  
true. Being a widely travelled man, he said he met you sometime in the  
past or simply you were nominated to him by one of his numerous  
friends abroad who must have wished you good (I am not too sure).

According to him, this money is to support your humanitarian/medical  
activities and to help the poor and the needy in our society. Please  
if I reach you as I am hopeful, endeavour to get back to me as soon as  
possible to enable me conclude my job. I hope to hear from you in no  
distant time. I am sincerely sorry if you feel bothered or embarrassed  
by this message.

Please copy and email me through the below email address:
(SCENE MISSING)

I await your prompt response.

Yours in Service,
Barrister Daniel Amen
Johnson And Lowry Chambers
Phone: : +44 702 403 7847
Fax:      +44 709 284 7449
E-Mail: <SCENE MISSING>
Address: 7 Pilgrim Street London, EC4V 6LB, UK

Yes, stuck in office downtown and bored.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 07:01:18 PM

You're rich!   awesome, for real

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 07:04:16 PM

It must be mistaken identity since I do not conduct humanitarian or medical activities.  Although I do have seven cats.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 07:34:00 PM

Well, they must know about the cats, then.  So you're rich and fuzzy.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 08:09:56 PM

UK probably has laws against that sort of thing.  Might not be worth the effort of tracking down where to forward it to/file a complaint with but then again, could be worth a laugh.

At least they picked a law office for the address: http://www.faegre.co.uk/showlocation.aspx?Show=59  awesome, for real  Sadly the one area of law they don't seem to handle is Estate law...

Heh, googling the phone number you can see it being used in scams back as far as 2008, so I guess it must not be easy to get a phone line being used to commit fraud disconnected in London.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:23:52 PM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 02:21:15 AM

The phone number isn't real as far as I can tell. London numbers generally start 0207 or 0209, when dialling international you remove the initial 0 and add +44. So it should be 44 207, not 44 702.

07024 037847 would be a mobile phone. Google tells me that it goes to a premium rate service.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 07:40:37 AM

Why are you all trying to crush Yegolev's dreams?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 06:30:29 AM

They can't.  I'm way too popular with British barristers.

MANAGING PARTNER
ROGER FLETCHER BAKER SOLICITORS & Co
327 Old Street
London, EC1V 9DR
England

I am a Roger Baker,an attorney at law.I have an important business proposition
for you concerning a deceased client of mine who died intestate without no
surviving heir.If interested,please acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail for
proper briefing.Email <SCENE MISSING>

Regards,
Barr. Roger Baker (esq).

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 10:20:19 AM

Awesome. Someone thought the only difference between British and American lawyers was fancier names.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 11:40:28 AM

Roger Fletcher Baker doesn't even sound like a real name.  Too may "er"s there.  I'd sooner think that was the last name of three distinct persons.  I'm probably wrong, maybe Brits like having silly names like that.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 02:06:25 PM

Eh, it sounds kind of like a solicitor's firm, they're all pretty common surnames.

Though that did highlight the fact that this guy is not only claiming to be a barrister but also a managing partner in a solicitor's firm. Awesome.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 03:49:05 PM

The phone number isn't real as far as I can tell. London numbers generally start 0207 or 0209, when dialling international you remove the initial 0 and add +44. So it should be 44 207, not 44 702.

07024 037847 would be a mobile phone. Google tells me that it goes to a premium rate service.

It's a valid number exactly as it is, and numberingplans.com analysis of the number shows it's a UK personal phone number, with the carrier Magrathea Telecommunications Limited. Also like was mentioned before the number shows linked to various different scams when doing a Google of the number, and that telephone provider is a VoIP company.

If it were me who received this email, I would be calling the phone provider and demanding this scammer be put permanently out of business, and they should do everything possible to disable a number involved with scams.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 04:25:24 PM

Roger Fletcher Baker doesn't even sound like a real name.  Too may "er"s there.  I'd sooner think that was the last name of three distinct persons.  I'm probably wrong, maybe Brits like having silly names like that.

It doesn't sound too weird.  Tiggy Legge Bourke used to be the nanny for the royal brats.  The place names can be odd.  There's a Sluts Hole Lane in Norfolk and a Twatt in Orkney.   

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 04:33:32 PM

It doesn't sound too weird.  Tiggy Legge Bourke used to be the nanny for the royal brats.  The place names can be odd.  There's a Sluts Hole Lane in Norfolk and a Twatt in Orkney.   

I went to Orkney once and met more than one Twatt on the ferry alone.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 06:20:51 PM

I went to Orkney once and met more than one Twatt on the ferry alone.

I apologize.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 06:47:38 PM

London, EC1V 9DR

And no-one noticed that is V1CE spelt backwards...  this guy looks legit

Hic sunt dracones.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 09:35:55 PM

Well sure, a couple of decades ago when I first did some work in the Finsbury area.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 09:48:10 PM

I received one spam a couple days ago that said a relative recommended me for a free teeth whitening. I'd never seen that before. Very cleverly crafted.

I use Thunderbird and I want to know what the fuck is up with spam filters. When I check "spam" on an email and then I receive another email exactly like the one I just marked as spam and it doesn't catch it. Bayesian filtering my ass.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:50:17 PM by Krakrok »
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 02:17:27 AM

It's a real postcode, a real name and a real law firm I guess scammers can use Google too.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 07:22:02 AM

Thats a real postcode? Fuuuuu...  ACK!

Hic sunt dracones.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 07:23:12 AM

But it's from a ROGER Fletcher Baker, not RONALD, which is the name of the firm.  Also, Ronald Fletcher Baker doesn't seem to be a real person at that firm and there's no Roger Baker, either.  All their email addresses are @rfblegal.co.uk

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 08:46:07 AM

I bet they'd have more luck getting the scammer's phone number shut down being a law firm and all. I doubt they want their name dragged through the mud like this.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 10:13:21 AM

But it's from a ROGER Fletcher Baker, not RONALD, which is the name of the firm.  Also, Ronald Fletcher Baker doesn't seem to be a real person at that firm and there's no Roger Baker, either.  All their email addresses are @rfblegal.co.uk

Ronald, Fletcher and Baker would be the surnames of the three top partners at that firm. And as I pointed out above the spammer is pretending to be a barrister AND to work at a solicitors' practice which isn't how the British system works. Hell barristers don't do that kind of legal work. I can only assume the spammer discovered barristers can use a title and thought it would make the whole thing seem more impressive.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 12:21:44 PM

Thats a real postcode? Fuuuuu...  ACK!

London postcodes are slightly different to the rest of the UK. Also I'm pretty sure that fraudsters with a limited grasp of English aren't going to try and make puns based on reversed words with numeric substitution.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 06:44:51 AM

I used to live on Shagbark Court, so don't put too much into funny address names.

As for Thunderbird, that filter has never worked for shit as far as I have seen.  Before I switched to Gmail, I used POPFile which actually worked.  Furthermore, it satisfied my desire to screw around with the word database.  Gmail is so awesome at filtering spam, though, that I don't bother with anything else.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 05:35:02 AM

I am going to miss my corporate email address after I switch to HP.

22/11/2009
Sir/Madam

I came across your contact via international personal research profile in my earnest search for a trustworthy and honest person to handle a transaction with me and I apologize if the content of the mail or method of approach are contrary to your moral ethics, but I had to reach you through this medium.

I have a proposition and  i will appreciate your utmost confidentiality in this matter until the task is accomplished.

Now my questions are:
1. Can you handle a financial project of exceeding US$ 4M ?
2. Can I give you this financial trust as a trustee/stake holder ?

If yes, get back to me as soon as Possible and if No your time reading this mail was well appreciated.

VERY IMPORTANT:CONTACT ME ONLY VIA THE BELOW SECURED EMAIL CONTACT.

Thank you
A. Dongmei
Secured E-mail: a.dongmei@<SCENE MISSING>

I especially like how this one is open to interpretation.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 06:02:53 AM

Some day, someone is going to get a legitimate letter of this kind and then discard it as spam. I wish they could send these letters to me, I'd take them all seriously.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 06:28:36 AM

I'll be happy to forward it.  Or you can just figure out the email address.  You can try a few of the free domain names or just go with the first one you think of if you're feeling lucky!

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 07:32:08 AM

all my 419 scam mail stuff is from yahoo.com.hk these days
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 10:12:10 AM

I am going to miss my corporate email address after I switch to HP.
HP spam filters are pretty good.  What group are you going to work for?  I was legacy HP as part of EDS, but too many PMs and no certification means I'm now looking for a new job. :(  Sad, I liked working for HP.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 10:21:50 AM

I'll be working for the part that used to be EDS: HPES, they call it.  It's basically EDS with a new health plan.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 09:33:08 PM

You stole her job. ACK!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 24, 2009, 08:18:07 PM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 08:18:15 AM

Oops...?   ACK!  I'm actually being brought in because HP has picked up The Coca-Cola Company as a client and there's a lot of swamp poop going on with both parties.  BAU requires my entire team become HP, which will make us cost more.  I missed out on HP's 24,000+ layoff of EDS peoples, and the two 2009 pay cuts, so ... I'll try to sleep at night by telling myself I did not steal anyone's job.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 09:35:06 AM

Uh huh...  Cry  You just keep telling yourself that. Cry

Seriously though, what is it you do again?  If I'd heard, I'm not recalling it atm.  I'm a project manager and as my boss said when he told me, it came down to picking someone who had PMP certification and someone who didn't.  I didn't through my own damn fault.  I should have taken more advantage of the free online training but was an idiot.  If it applies to your position - use it and abuse it.  I'm kicking myself now that I'm looking and so many places want that PMP. :(

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Some new spam  
Jump to: