Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:58:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE™: SIEGE OF MIRKWOOD™ TO LAUNCH ON DECEMBER 1ST 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE™: SIEGE OF MIRKWOOD™ TO LAUNCH ON DECEMBER 1ST  (Read 36133 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: September 29, 2009, 12:25:08 PM

Turbine Unveils Special Pre-Launch Offers Including the New LOTRO Adventurer’s Pack

WESTWOOD, MA – September 29, 2009-- Turbine, Inc. announced today that The Lord of the Rings Online™: Siege of Mirkwood™, the new digital expansion to the 2008 MMO of the Year will launch on December 1st in North America. Turbine also unveiled The Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) Adventurer’s Pack which contains what every player needs to survive in the chaos of Mirkwood! Siege of Mirkwood and the LOTRO Adventurer’s Pack are scheduled to launch on December 1, 2009.

SIEGE OF MIRKWOOD PRE-LAUNCH OFFERS
Starting today, players can take can take advantage of several special pre-launch offers to celebrate the release of the second expansion to LOTRO:

* The LOTRO Lifetime Membership is now available for $199.
    * Any current or former player who renews or upgrades their subscription to any multi-month plan by October 31st gets the Siege of Mirkwood digital expansion for FREE!
    * All players can pre-order the new LOTRO Adventurer’s Pack which contains 2 character slots and one shared storage slot that allows players to share items with all of their characters on the same server for $19.99 and get the Harbinger’s Cloak which provides 8% speed boost and the Dusky Nimblefoot Goat mount for FREE!
    * Starting today, existing Lifetime Members who pre-order the LOTRO Adventurer’s Pack get the Siege of Mirkwood digital expansion plus two in-game items (Harbinger’s Cloak which provides an 8% speed boost and a new mount) for FREE!

These special offers will be available for a limited time. For more information, please visit www.lotro.com/mirkwood.

The Lord of the Rings Online is an award-winning MMORPG that delivers an interactive experience brimming with life and filled with the familiar people, places and monsters from the most beloved fantasy adventure of all time. From the picturesque surroundings of the Shire to Moria, the great underground realm to the menace of Mirkwood, players will experience the world of Middle-earth as never before. The Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood will be available as a digital download for $19.99 or as a bundle with the LOTRO Adventurer’s Pack plus a new mount for $39.99 on December 1, 2009. For more information or to download a free trial, visit www.lotro.com.

About Turbine
Turbine, Inc. is the premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine has grown to become one of the largest privately-held online gaming studios in North America. Turbine has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™, Dungeons & Dragons Online® and Asheron's Call®. For more information on Turbine, its products and services please visit www.turbine.com.

About Tolkien Enterprises
The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises is the holder of worldwide motion picture, legitimate stage, merchandising, and other rights in J.R.R. Tolkien’s literary works The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Tolkien Enterprises has been producing and licensing films, stage productions and merchandise based on Tolkien’s works for more than 30 years. Its headquarters are in Berkeley, California, and its website may be found at www.tolkien-ent.com.

###

“The Lord of the Rings Online,” “Siege of Mirkwood,” “Mines of Moria,” “Shadows of Angmar,” “Middle-earth,” “The Lord of the Rings,” and the names of the characters, events, items and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises under license to Turbine, Inc. Turbine and the Turbine logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Turbine, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Notice: When pre-ordering Siege of Mirkwood, Lifetime Members may see multiple copies of their current price plan displayed on the upgrade page when completing an order. This is a display issue only. Choosing either Lifetime option will not change the player’s current Lifetime plan, nor will it charge them again.

Putting it here for...like..all posterity and crap.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 12:31:24 PM

Account login is completely jammed.

I smell early adopters!

EDIT: My 1066th post. NORMAN INVASION!!!!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:42:07 PM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 12:32:39 PM

I dug up a bit of clarification for those of use using the multi-month subscription offer.

You can choose to go into a multi-month price plan, save about 33% over regular monthly fees and get Mirkwood for free! If you're already in one of our special Founder's multi-month plans, then as long as you keep your account active through Mirkwood's launch you'll get Mirkwood for free. Lastly, if you happen to be in a $9.99 monthly plan from launch, you can switch to a multi-month plan at the same base rate and get Mirkwood for free. Hopefully one of these options is applicable to you.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 12:37:50 PM

>the Dusky Nimblefoot Goat mount
Why hello there...

"Me am play gods"
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 12:45:47 PM

God that's horribly tempting just because the goat is a pain in the ass to farm for.  I know this is a bad road to go down, but man Turbine knows how to push my buttons  ACK!
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 12:52:41 PM

So in a way, they -are- giving it away for "free" after all. Not a bad deal at all. I hope CodeMasters are doing the same, but I bet they aren't, the motherfuckers.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 12:56:57 PM

Hopefully the combat changes also squash concerns others had around here.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 01:00:25 PM

It seems odd, took me a while to figure out they're selling 2 different things, Siege of Mirkwood and the Adventure Pack (2 char slots and shared bank) Yet Mirkwood is pretty much free for anyone who cares.

Seems an odd marketing announcement. Once the site is no longer in meltdown I'll pickup the Adventure Pack, $20 seems reasonable for Mirkwood and a Goat.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 01:03:18 PM

It seems odd, took me a while to figure out they're selling 2 different things, Siege of Mirkwood and the Adventure Pack (2 char slots and shared bank) Yet Mirkwood is pretty much free for anyone who cares.

Seems an odd marketing announcement. Once the site is no longer in meltdown I'll pickup the Adventure Pack, $20 seems reasonable for Mirkwood and a Goat.

It was all the bitching I think, so they figured out a way to still get your 19.99. That, and they are going to get a ton more multi-month subscriptions, and potentially more lifetimes. I am even considering a lifetime sub at this point.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 01:12:36 PM

Is the GA revamp in yet?

"Me am play gods"
Nyght
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 01:16:12 PM

I went lifer this spring.

Certainly there is some risk that the game will change in ways I don't like or that I will lose interest before I break even on the deal but..

It is really nice not to feel bad about taking a break and still paying. You can come and go as you please without the feeling your paying for something you are not using, even though you are in a way.

The worst case is you end up spending more money then you feel you are getting the value for. Never happens with other stuff you buy, right?

"Do you know who is in charge here?" -- "Yep."
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 01:21:40 PM

Is the GA revamp in yet?

No, that's the next book along with the rest of the lone lands revamp.  Shouldn't be too far out in the future.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 01:21:58 PM

Players can now gain access to their first horse or pony at level 20.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 01:22:58 PM

15 if you have a founders account  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
And hunter runspeed will work while mounted  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 01:30:48 PM

15 if you have a founders account  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
And hunter runspeed will work while mounted  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

So does the quick travel, for everyone, mounted even....

also:

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 01:40:00 PM

and, screen shots:

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 01:57:08 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 01:41:41 PM

Marketroid says: "Mirkwood will not include DX11 out of the gate. We're planning to patch in support sometime early next year."

- Henry Cobb
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 01:42:05 PM

Damn you, I was just going to post (what MrBW posted) that! Twarted at the moat of site mirroring.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 01:47:04 PM

You were both beaten by me anyway, you yellow avatar having.....posters!

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 01:53:30 PM

Vicious and delicious!

A purdy screen anyway. There are a few more at www.lotro.com/mirkwood if you click the link in the top left corner. I especially like the one with the moon over the forest cemetary. Couldn't find any high-res for those.

BoatApe
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 04:00:19 PM

"Any current or former player who renews or upgrades their subscription to any multi-month plan by October 31st gets the Siege of Mirkwood digital expansion for FREE!"

I played for a couple of months in '07 and just re-upped for 3 months LAST week...

Having a great time so far but if I've hosed myself I'm gonna do a slow burn. ACK!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 04:16:44 PM

Next expansion, I'll need an accountant to figure out how to buy it.  I seem to be on a three-month plan and therefore am not screwed... wonder how I'd get Mirkwood if I had the twelve-month plan?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Nyght
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 05:00:31 PM

Well, I hope you are entertained by all that forum warrioring Bloodworth. Kept it up. That alone might be worth a twenty to me.  awesome, for real

Edit: Been drinkin. That should explain some.

"Do you know who is in charge here?" -- "Yep."
BoatApe
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 05:19:06 PM

And cue the sigh of relief...

http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php?p=4053725&postcount=3

Sorry if my link-fu is weak.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 06:14:30 PM

Link-fu is OK.  Behold quote-fu:

Quote from: Marketroid
If you already subscribe via a multi-month plan you're all set. Just keep your plan active through the launch of Mirkwood and it's free!

So... I guess I can pay $20 for a shared vault. Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 06:22:07 PM

I guess that depends on your value-fu.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 10:34:12 PM

So is the sow cloak 8% speed increaser cloak exclusive to lifetime subs? If so, blergh.

Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 11:59:25 PM

So is the sow cloak 8% speed increaser cloak exclusive to lifetime subs? If so, blergh.

Apparently, you get it the moment you preorder, as it appeared in my inventory when I logged in afterwards.  Don't worry about missing out on anything, it's crap. A 30 minute buff with an 8 hour cooldown.  Looks nice though.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 04:29:30 AM

That's actually a relief; giving a perma-8% speed increase to lifetime subs / preorders but nobody else would've been  ACK! of the highest magnitude. :p

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 07:38:00 AM

Looks nice though.

It's okay, though Gladden GLFF thought it made you look like a hobo. My peeves are that you can't dye it, and it has the fugly hood of the Lothlorien cloaks.

- Henry Cobb
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 09:58:11 AM

I like the Lothlorien hoods, the heavy Loth teal helms look awful.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 01:34:37 PM

My peeves are that you can't dye it

Update: Floon says this is a bug, the cloak should be dyeable.

- Henry Cobb
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 11:53:35 AM

Man, why doesn't my hi-rez game look that good? I swear it's like the game is only telling me I have hi-rez textures or something.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 11:57:05 AM

Man, why doesn't my hi-rez game look that good? I swear it's like the game is only telling me I have hi-rez textures or something.

system specs? DX10 card? Did you download or install from disks?

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 02, 2009, 02:15:21 PM

Installed from disc. My system is a tweaked XPS 720. My vid cards are GT8800s and my OS is Win 7.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE™: SIEGE OF MIRKWOOD™ TO LAUNCH ON DECEMBER 1ST  
Jump to: