Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:50:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Character Screenshots 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Character Screenshots  (Read 104160 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: June 19, 2006, 09:43:46 PM

He was probably made after Issue 7 hit the test server or live.  Supposedly some of the new costume pieces had plant themes.  (I've been way too busy to check it out, unfortunately.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: June 20, 2006, 07:16:03 AM

There's new plant pieces for hair and most body areas.  They look really nice.  My spines scrapper is all plantwoman now.  :mrgreen:

Over and out.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #142 on: June 20, 2006, 12:25:29 PM

Yup, plant arms, legs, chest, and hair are available as of Issue 7.  That's what he used.

I was more impressed by his excellent color choice, though.  He used the Bubble pattern on his chest and, with clever coloration, made it look like underwater light refraction.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: June 20, 2006, 06:33:33 PM

Anyway, lemme post my current Carnie costumes.

Big John Snow:

Senne the Flame:

Reggie Barker:

Pale Songstress:

Harlequin Cirsium:

And Big John in his usual performance gear:

--GF
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #144 on: June 20, 2006, 10:01:14 PM

What the heck is on his feet?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: June 21, 2006, 05:26:27 AM

What the heck is on his feet?
Stone tanks are still rather unfortunately colored. That's "rooted", which used to be a big stone cage but turned into rock socks when they recoded it so you could move around, albeit slowly. It's stone tank stun resistance, basically.

--GF
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: June 21, 2006, 08:05:55 AM

I wouldn't call those "socks."

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Llava
Contributor

Reply #147 on: June 21, 2006, 08:54:28 AM

I wouldn't call those "socks."

Poopsocks?

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #148 on: July 03, 2006, 03:01:06 AM

This is the character i played with during my 14 day trial.

Megrim (dark/inv. scrapper):

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: July 03, 2006, 08:44:05 AM

I enjoy looking at pictures of other peoples' CoX characters.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #150 on: July 03, 2006, 03:56:33 PM

That's one dirty fetish
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: July 05, 2006, 04:43:35 AM

Well it's less expensive than buying an account and making my own, now isn't it? :D
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #152 on: July 05, 2006, 05:32:44 AM

You have a point.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #153 on: August 21, 2006, 03:27:47 PM

Behold, the might of Truckules.

He's a former crash-test dummy that was given life during a dark ritual involving a BMW 7-series, some headcheese and a small ferret named "Frank"

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #154 on: August 21, 2006, 04:28:05 PM

Fantastic concept :)
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #155 on: August 25, 2006, 12:54:49 PM

In the house... the Amish O.G.. RepreSENT!

He's a thug fo' life, y0.

This was kind of a riff on my CoH hero, the Amish Cyborg - looked like that character, but with a robot arm. He was torn with self-hatred over his "English" implants.

My first CoV character: the notorious evil mastermind!

Many feared his elite bodyguard force of North Korean ninjas.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #156 on: August 25, 2006, 12:59:47 PM

Hey look, it's Lum.  Hey Lum!

Excellent idea.  I especially love the red sneakers.   smiley

Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #157 on: August 25, 2006, 01:09:54 PM

Hey, look, it's Signe! Hey, Signe! I saw a billboard for something Signe related at E3. It was Los Angeles though, so I'm sure that explained it.

I'm thinking of trying to make the Yogurting girl from my posting avatar next. Call her Chibi Yogurt or something and make her a brute with super strength.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #158 on: August 25, 2006, 01:22:17 PM

That should be fun.  She is very un-butch.  I like characters that look inconsistant with what they do, and CoX is about the only game with a flexible enough character creation to do that.

Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #159 on: August 25, 2006, 10:42:25 PM

And lo, Chibi Yogurt, the Dark Melee/Dark Armor brute was born.

I couldn't get a good replica of the Yogurting girl so I went for more of a generic Japanese schoolgirl motif. Note the size relative to other figures, too. Hopefully she won't get hit on, being as though she looks as much like a 13 year old as I could make her. Sadly, it is not possible to make a female COV character without, um, a chest.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:53:06 PM by Lum »
Telemediocrity
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: August 25, 2006, 10:54:20 PM

I like.  But why the difference in color scheme?

Edit:  Apologies for the low-res SS, but this was my CoH character from back when I played:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:56:10 PM by Telemediocrity »
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #161 on: August 28, 2006, 01:45:09 PM

Wait a sec....the Amish O.G. has pistols.  Did they finally add a pistols powerset when I wasn't looking?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #162 on: August 28, 2006, 02:05:05 PM

Wait a sec....the Amish O.G. has pistols.  Did they finally add a pistols powerset when I wasn't looking?

All Mastermind primary sets offer a few "blast" powers.

Ninjas offer a couple archery powers, Zombies offer a couple Dark Blast powers, etc.

For the recently added Thugs primary for Mastermind, the blasts are Dual Pistols.

No, the pistols are not currently available to any other AT or as any other power set.  Each existing archetype is supposed to get at least one new power set over the next... well, undefined time, but probably a year.  It is entirely possible that the Dual Pistols will find their way into another AT (but, if you've been reading our coverage, you know that it won't be Scrappers).

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: August 28, 2006, 02:07:49 PM

The Thug Mastermind has a few dual pistol attacks.  It is not really a full set like many people have wanted.

(Well, Llava beat me to it but I'm posting anyways.. :P)

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #164 on: August 28, 2006, 02:56:00 PM

Ah, ok.  When I was in the CoV beta, I think the Mastermind flavor that worked best was the one with the robots.

Man, that's almost a reason to go back, the lame assault rifle that my robot mastermind used was meh at best.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: August 28, 2006, 04:07:57 PM

I never took any of the attack powers.  I let my robots handle offense while I use my secondary.  (Dark is good for this.)  Occassionally I throw a taser dart if I feel the need to go on the offensive.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #166 on: August 28, 2006, 05:38:14 PM

For some reason, I took the attack powers.  I can't honestly recall why, perhaps out of habit.  I did find that they were immensely useful, especially at earlier levels where I only had one pet.

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #167 on: August 28, 2006, 09:24:47 PM

My son and I made robot masterminds, it has a neat looking pulse rifle now.  The three attacks with it are good if you take anything other than dark as a secondary.  Dark secondary is so powerful that you don't need to be attacking, your henchmen do the dirty work and you end up buffing, de-buffing, healing, heck even reviving your whole party if needed.  Oh the assault rifle is a diffrent type than the super-soaker that blasters and corrupter's get, it looks pretty cool too.

The pistol set does look great, hopefully they let us have a true set for corrupter's or blasters.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #168 on: August 28, 2006, 09:38:41 PM

The attacks are moderately useful.  It's not a bad choice.  Sometimes it's good to just finish off a little bit of remaining health that your pets missed, or throw down a little AE to get the ball rolling.  Or sometimes you get jumped outdoors when you don't have your pets handy.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #169 on: October 16, 2006, 08:01:12 AM

My villain, Cpt Croaker. Merc/Traps Mastermind, this guy is fun to play. Level 15 as of last night (clicky for biggy):

I kinda like this guy, my newbie Ninja/Trick Arrow MM.

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: October 21, 2006, 12:00:25 AM

Well, with Halloween around, I decided to do some dress-up with the extra slot you get with trick-or-treat gear.

My main tank, Big John Snow, wolfed out:

My blaster alt, Senne the Flame... well, I wanted to do a CoV succubus, but you can't get their fire-engine red skin or 90% rips 10% clothes. Original:

My attempt:

--GF
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: October 22, 2006, 12:51:35 PM

My Mastermind, Latency.  Is there anything more evil to an MMORPG player?  The costume isn't that great but as she is an Arachnos agent I liked the picture:

My main tank, Jersey Girl, lamenting the horrors in Perez Park:

In costume, trying to convince some Tsoo to go vegan.  She likes donning it for Halloween and fighting Carnies.  (Unfortunately only the backside as my account is not active.  The front has a green bandana to conceal her face, and flaming orange eyes.):

Finally a link since I have enough pics:  This is a humorous newspaper article/photoshop a friend put together after all my anti-Hero Burger RP.

geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #172 on: October 22, 2006, 06:46:18 PM

Heh, some good humor there.

The Nanites, my Scrapper, showing off his new costume.  Of course, as a Spikes/Dark Armor Scrapper I'm doubly obscured ugliness in a still shot.  Particle FX are my best bet towards any customization becoming noticable.  I'm thinking a flourescent tendriil aura might penetrate the smoke and spikes.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 06:50:36 PM by geldonyetich »

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: October 22, 2006, 10:24:02 PM

One more Halloween costume: Reggie Barker, my fire/trick arrow mastermind.

He's dressed up like a Vampyr, if it's not immediately obvious.

--GF
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: October 23, 2006, 08:47:20 AM

Be careful no one tries to kill you for a badge.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Character Screenshots  
Jump to: