Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:09:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Venture Bros. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Venture Bros.  (Read 112422 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #245 on: January 20, 2015, 06:51:33 AM

Forgot to post a reminder of the 1 hour special that was on tonight so look for repeats if you missed it. It is glorious.

"Not you."

Yeah, it was a great reset and prelude to the next series. As you quoted, the stinger was the cherry on a great treat.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #246 on: January 21, 2015, 10:00:31 PM

"Not you."

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #247 on: January 30, 2015, 09:04:38 AM

"Is that the Crash Test Dummies?"  why so serious?

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: September 21, 2015, 02:06:45 PM

Rise chicken!

I'm been listening to the Welcome to Night Vale podcast, and interestingly enough Jackson Publick (co-creator) has a recurring role as Hiram, the literal five-headed dragon.  James Urbaniak (Rusty) has also just had a big part as well.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: January 05, 2016, 06:16:05 PM

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: January 07, 2016, 03:47:21 PM

About bloody time! Ahh how I missed this series.. That teaser episodes many months back was a great reminder of the greatness of this series and hopefully there will be more to come judging from the trailer.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #251 on: January 10, 2016, 10:29:29 PM

Season 5 recap by Henchman 21:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2iltiQLSMo
(spoilers, of course)

Seasons 1-4 recap by Henchman 21:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CHVLSY_Hrk
(also spoilers)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:37:24 PM by Quinton »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #252 on: January 10, 2016, 11:18:47 PM

RIP The Sovereign.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #253 on: January 10, 2016, 11:22:17 PM

Heartbreak

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: January 11, 2016, 06:36:57 AM

I watched the season 5 recap just for fun and then realized that apparently I missed the second half, which is bad news because I accidentally spoilered myself, but good news because I have new episodes to watch!

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #255 on: January 11, 2016, 11:34:47 AM

Glad I watched the recap because I thought a lot of that was season 4 and I'd missed 5.  I'd forgotten all about the end of the season on Ventures part though. I only remember the Monarch and 21 getting back together and moving into the old Victorian house.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #256 on: January 26, 2016, 05:12:30 PM

The new preview for season 6 they've been playing on AS is fucking awesome

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #257 on: January 26, 2016, 05:26:30 PM

They played the last episode of Season 5 on Sunday and I had forgotten how fun it was. I also caught the funeral I'd missed the first time around.

I'm pumped for this to be back.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #258 on: January 27, 2016, 04:05:15 PM

I've been marathoning this show hard to be caught up in time to see the season premiere on Sunday at our new Alamo Drafthouse.  Halfway through season 5 now.  The increase in quality as the series progresses is pretty astonishing.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: January 31, 2016, 09:33:35 PM

So glad the show is back. Brock, Fallen Archer, Night Dick, Warriana, so much great stuff.

Very happy Brown Widow is going to be a part of the season.

EDIT: Epilogue: https://www.facebook.com/adultswim/videos/10153810359556745/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:26:50 PM by Abagadro »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #260 on: February 01, 2016, 12:56:41 PM

ROOFLES!

God this was so good. NIGHT DICK! So many great one-liner jokes like that all set up with such an elaborate set of circumstances.

The swishing of so much fabric as Wide Wale walks in - "Can you even hear me over all that?"

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #261 on: February 01, 2016, 03:26:09 PM

I felt like it was a bit slow, but it was a setup for the new venue. A lot of good pieces being put into play and little jokes. Helper at the end got me as much as Brok being caught-up in Warriana's lasso.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #262 on: February 06, 2016, 05:24:15 PM

Bespoke speed suit, Brock!

Seriously, the fucks alone in this made it worthwhile.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #263 on: February 14, 2016, 07:28:27 AM

"My sticky victory"

Also, the Duran Duran references were gold.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: February 14, 2016, 08:14:38 AM

Surely you mean the Spandau Ballet references ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #265 on: February 14, 2016, 09:40:43 AM

Actually, the Spandau Ballet reference was wrong. OMD did "If you leave".

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: February 14, 2016, 10:38:02 AM

Spandau Ballet did however do "Only When You Leave", and also appeared on a John Hughes soundtrack, and St. Cloud is meant to be a bit of a wanna-be poser character who just buys his way into the fandoms he professes to love, so that might have been an intentional mistake to show that aspect of his character. Strange that Billy and White didn't call him on that if that's the case though.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #267 on: February 14, 2016, 10:43:04 AM

I'll have to watch it again.

Oh, and Ironwood. I just got the Spandau reference you made with Gold. The coffee just kicked in. Well played, sir.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: February 21, 2016, 10:19:23 PM

Holy shit, that might be a top 10 VB episode which is saying a lot.

-H.L. Mencken
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #269 on: February 22, 2016, 05:28:22 PM

I wonder if this is the season we find out that Monarch is a Venture brother...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #270 on: February 22, 2016, 05:32:24 PM

Half-brother, maybe. We know his dad wasn't Jonas at this point.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: February 22, 2016, 05:37:11 PM

Not necessarily. We know who RAISED the Monarch as his dad, but they just showed Blue Morpho and Jonas having group sex (and things like "key parties" have been mentioned before in the show), so its actually more likely that if he is a half-brother it is through Jonas.   

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #272 on: February 22, 2016, 07:11:12 PM

I'm betting on half-brother, seeing as how the Monarch thought one of those was women in the VTR was his mom. EDIT: Also, the pointy beard.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: February 23, 2016, 01:50:45 AM

I'll have to watch it again.

Oh, and Ironwood. I just got the Spandau reference you made with Gold. The coffee just kicked in. Well played, sir.

Brick jokes a speciality.  There are still a couple floating around here from ages ago.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #274 on: February 23, 2016, 06:21:07 AM

Know what.. I'm more convinced that Morpho is Rusty's dad. JJ was just some aberration of that orgy creating a fraternal twin Rusty consumed in the womb.

Rusty's mentioned a few times his dad's stuff wouldn't recognize him.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #275 on: February 29, 2016, 07:27:15 PM

* PLOP *

God, I just cackled throughout the last half of this episode.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #276 on: March 01, 2016, 02:24:08 AM

The same damn hole. I died at that. I hope it continues to swallow villains and they make some 300 or Well of Souls reference.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: March 06, 2016, 11:24:05 PM

This show is fucking amazing. What kind of mad genius does it take to combine The Legion of Doom and The Factory and come up with characters that riff on BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #278 on: March 08, 2016, 01:24:16 PM

Lex Luthor as Andy Warhol. I almost screamed laughing when the Monarch dropped the detonator. The way they build each episode up to a punchline like that is just brilliant.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: March 08, 2016, 09:41:20 PM

This show is fucking amazing. What kind of mad genius does it take to combine The Legion of Doom and The Factory and come up with characters that riff on BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

There were some Doom Patrol nods in there also. And agreed, that was some of their best mashup characters since the Scooby-Doo serial killers way back when.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Venture Bros.  
Jump to: