Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:24:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Venture Bros. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Venture Bros.  (Read 112914 times)
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: August 28, 2011, 01:39:33 PM

Sweet! Sleep is going to have to wait for another day.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #141 on: August 28, 2011, 10:25:19 PM

Hmmm. Okay, apparently not the special, just a 15 minute amuse-bouche.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: June 25, 2012, 09:57:13 PM

James Urbaniak ‏@JamesUrbaniak
Completed recording duties on Venture Brothers Season Five today. January, people. Waiting is fun!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #143 on: June 26, 2012, 09:52:19 AM

Fuck.

Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: June 27, 2012, 05:51:29 AM

January.. so what else is good at the moment?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: October 25, 2012, 05:15:11 PM

My DVR is telling me that there is a Venture Brothers special on this Sunday called "A Very Venture Halloween".

-H.L. Mencken
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: October 25, 2012, 06:06:33 PM

My DVR is telling me that there is a Venture Brothers special on this Sunday called "A Very Venture Halloween".

Y-E-S.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #147 on: October 26, 2012, 09:05:59 AM

Thanks for reminding me. MUST WATCH TV.

Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: October 26, 2012, 06:12:01 PM

So much looking forward to this! (I am such a fanboy of this series)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: October 26, 2012, 07:39:49 PM

I'm a fanboy, but it's getting old waiting 2 years between episodes.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: October 26, 2012, 07:54:50 PM

There is a teaser trailer kicking around for the Halloween episode...  all I remember is White is dressed as David Bowie ( awesome, for real) and a group of regulars is taking bets on what part of the compounds security will chase off trick-or-treaters.  The Halloween episode is chronologically from midway through season five in production, so supposedly there are some character changes that will seem odd.

Youtube has a few of Doc Hammer and Justin Publick's con appearances.  They are generally pretty awesome if you have some time to kill.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #151 on: October 28, 2012, 09:02:51 PM

Hasn't. Lost. A. Step.

"Me am play gods"
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: October 28, 2012, 10:29:48 PM

Squeeeeeeee.

So, so good. I love how they tease a bunch of stuff just in character design that they don't even explain that will come up in the new season.

-H.L. Mencken
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #153 on: October 29, 2012, 05:08:35 AM

Bastards. Now I want that new season more than ever.  Heart
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #154 on: October 29, 2012, 05:25:19 AM

I'm now depressed that there isn't more.  Though, like Ab, I'm anxiously awaiting the explanation of the characters current designs.

* Hank in a speed suit
* Emo Dean
* Hatred's "V"

And that's just the stuff I noticed on the first watch.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
cironian
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: October 29, 2012, 07:24:33 AM

* Hatred's "V"

That was around at the end of the last season already. Since he joined the Ventures, he got the V and had all his other letters removed, except for the D, which was too difficult to get rid of.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #156 on: October 29, 2012, 07:46:06 AM

Ahh, I missed last season since I didn't have more than basic cable.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: October 29, 2012, 11:53:51 AM

Will be interesting to see why he has tits now though.

-H.L. Mencken
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #158 on: October 29, 2012, 01:47:22 PM

Probably a reaction to the chemo.

His name was Robert Paulson...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #159 on: October 30, 2012, 05:34:51 AM

How the fuck did I miss the boobs..  swamp poop

cironian
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: October 30, 2012, 01:41:19 PM

Our brains are just wired to tune out manboobs.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: October 30, 2012, 01:46:12 PM

How the fuck did I miss the boobs..  swamp poop

I missed them too, I had to go back to check.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: November 05, 2012, 10:05:34 AM

How to steal a moving car...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:07:29 AM by KallDrexx »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: February 06, 2013, 07:27:46 PM

Premier date announced for season 5: May 19th.

-H.L. Mencken
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: February 06, 2013, 07:35:19 PM

How long has it been now?  2 years?
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: February 06, 2013, 07:39:12 PM

It's like it was playing chicken with Mad Men to see which one can take longer between seasons.

Over and out.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: February 06, 2013, 07:43:50 PM

How long has it been now?  2 years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Venture_Bros._episodes

Two years is pretty standard for the time between seasons of Venture.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #167 on: February 07, 2013, 09:24:38 AM

Ya, never seen a intelligible reason for the constant delays.  I guess they are a small operation and don't want to expand.

"Me am play gods"
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: February 07, 2013, 05:25:00 PM

They have been pretty upfront about why it takes so long.  They say they just need that amount of time to write it so it has as high of quality that it does. Considering the track record I am not going to second guess that mentality.

-H.L. Mencken
goishen
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: March 08, 2013, 02:15:25 PM

Yah, I dunno.  I gave up on the Venture Bros. after it stopped coming out regularly.  It was about six months after it did, that I finally said screw it.   I mean, it's kind'a like BattleStar Galactica.  (the new one)   You see an advertisement, comes on Friday nights at 10.  You're sitting there waiting around on Friday 'till 2:30am (it's Saturday by then), and nothing even about the show comes on.

Finally you just get tired of it and say fuck it.  You'll either see the show when it comes out on DVD or you won't, but it's no huge loss. 

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #170 on: March 08, 2013, 04:08:46 PM

Yah, I dunno.  I gave up on the Venture Bros. after it stopped coming out regularly.  It was about six months after it did, that I finally said screw it.   I mean, it's kind'a like BattleStar Galactica.  (the new one)   You see an advertisement, comes on Friday nights at 10.  You're sitting there waiting around on Friday 'till 2:30am (it's Saturday by then), and nothing even about the show comes on.

Finally you just get tired of it and say fuck it.  You'll either see the show when it comes out on DVD or you won't, but it's no huge loss. 
Or, in my case, I get super excited when this thread is bumped after a month long intermission expecting the next reply to be a reminder that new episodes start in a few days only to find this.

I'm only half kidding newer guy! awesome, for real And there's a "new" battlestar, I had no idea.  And still no interest.
goishen
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: March 09, 2013, 04:38:42 PM

Well, the newest BSG.   Friday nights at 10!   Make sure to be there while all the rest of the world is out having a good time, and then we'll screw you over Friday nights at 10!

Ugh.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: March 10, 2013, 03:11:02 AM

Giving up on VB because it takes too long to make is like refusing to wait for a Premier Grand Cru Bordeaux to age. Pure silliness.

-H.L. Mencken
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #173 on: March 10, 2013, 04:04:01 AM

Well, the newest BSG.   Friday nights at 10!   Make sure to be there while all the rest of the world is out having a good time, and then we'll screw you over Friday nights at 10!

Ugh.

If you've actually ever either not made or canceled plans on a Friday night to sit at home and hope that a cartoon comes on at 10, it's a pretty safe assumption that the screwing you got was the only screwing you could possibly hope for.

Also, it's the future, we have things like on-screen guides with the next 2 weeks of programming mapped out, and DVRs that automatically record new episodes of shows you tell it to whenever they come on.  I mean holy fuck dude, we all wish that we could get new episodes of the Venture Bros already (and The Boondocks, new season in 2012 my ass, fuck you adult swim!), but f13 is the last place that you're going to get people sympathizing with you over wasted evenings due to your poor choice in antiquated television watching technology.  I'd suggest you at least invest in a goddamn TV guide, either that or go find some amish dudes who'll quietly nod in agreement while you complain about how inconsiderate drivers keep scaring your horse as they shout profanities and honk angrily when they get stuck behind your buggy doing 3mph on a 55mph road.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #174 on: March 13, 2013, 04:54:48 AM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Venture Bros.  
Jump to: