Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:31:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Venture Bros. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Venture Bros.  (Read 112954 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #105 on: October 07, 2010, 08:07:12 AM

That episode was just fucking awesome. "I HAD SEX!"

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: October 07, 2010, 04:50:59 PM

The hat was awesome.

Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: October 11, 2010, 02:02:40 PM

Excellent episode, they are really on a good run!

Jesus that bear with the knife was funny. Somehow seeing supervillians coward to a psycho really brought it to a whole other level. Does anyone actually know what reference that was too by the way?

(Sorry cant get spell check to work)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #108 on: October 11, 2010, 06:46:05 PM

The Shinning.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: October 11, 2010, 07:07:46 PM

I liked the Ladyhawk reference.  Also, the little skull on Impossible's pipe.

Over and out.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #110 on: October 12, 2010, 10:16:51 AM

I was worried that a Dean episode would be kind of "beat on Dean" boring. Oh no. That was as good as the Hank episode, especially the ending with successful Rusty. The Spider-Man clone was wonderful.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #111 on: October 12, 2010, 12:40:19 PM

AS online being a week behind is a bit of a drag for discussion purposes, but yes, the hat is indeed awesome. 

"Get your ass to mars!"

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: October 17, 2010, 10:25:59 PM

Dr. Mrs. Monarch in a cheerleader outfit. Awwwww yeah!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: October 17, 2010, 11:06:05 PM

Stop posting from the future! It doesn't come on for 20 more minutes!

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: October 18, 2010, 01:07:51 AM

I've tried to get my wife to watch this show, but while watching an episode with her I realized that basically every single scene requires a lengthy explanation of backstory and that if you haven't watched it from ep 1 it is almost incomprehensible. That is quite an achievement for a cartoon.

-H.L. Mencken
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: October 18, 2010, 03:29:02 PM

Dr. Mrs. Monarch in a cheerleader outfit. Awwwww yeah!

That...  was probably the best episode yet this season.  It had the amazing depth that I love about the good Venture episodes...  Multiple intertwining storylines that could have individually made up at least two episodes get told quickly but fully in only one.  And the potential fallout!

- Orpheus was awesome, as always.
- I cracked up when the Moppets busted into the Monarch's room to find the bondage scene.
- Monarch fucking up trying to kill Venture in a hilarious way.
- Potentially Rusty might start to be more functional?  I like how the creators keep exploring what went on to make Rusty the fuckup he is today.
- The Hank & Dean zombies!
- I like the Shoreleave, Brock, and Hatred interactions.  Hatred makes a great semi-competent but a little loser-ish character....  much better than the one note pedo portrayal.

And next week, it looks like the return of Abagadro Monstroso.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: October 25, 2010, 03:08:27 PM

And it was...pretty boring.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: October 25, 2010, 07:41:56 PM

Ya, not my favorite episode as Billy isn't one of my favorite characters.  Some good Sphinx (Sphinx!) stuff though ("I masturbated 12 times in one day just to see if I could do it.") and I like the Pirate Captain  (a great Degrassi shout out).

-H.L. Mencken
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #118 on: October 26, 2010, 03:35:42 PM

I didn't know they were doing more than the normal 12 or 13 episodes so I'm pretty happy with anything since I consider it all bonus.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: October 26, 2010, 04:45:49 PM

Ya, not my favorite episode as Billy isn't one of my favorite characters.  Some good Sphinx (Sphinx!) stuff though ("I masturbated 12 times in one day just to see if I could do it.") and I like the Pirate Captain  (a great Degrassi shout out).

Billy can be really great... but the character is too dependent on who they stick with him.  He works well with Rusty, and his origin episode was good.

He didn't work with Monstroso, outside of a few gags.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: October 27, 2010, 01:46:07 AM

I have been watching a few episodes from the first season, liking it so far, are there any seasons I should/could avoid ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #121 on: October 27, 2010, 04:39:10 PM

Episodes, maybe. Seasons, no.

Now if only I could remember exactly what episodes were weaker than others.  I've enjoyed them all pretty thoroughly, though.  It's worth it to watch them all at least once as a new viewer.

Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: October 27, 2010, 05:32:00 PM

I have been watching a few episodes from the first season, liking it so far, are there any seasons I should/could avoid ?
I watched the first 3 seasons and pretty much didn't find a single episode that made me go "damn that was a waste of time."  All in all it's a pretty funny show and worthy of watching (can't speak for this season or the last since I missed them).
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #123 on: October 27, 2010, 06:25:16 PM

3=4 > 2 > 1

EDIT: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1. My bad.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 09:30:23 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: November 21, 2010, 10:02:50 PM

So, season finale.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

This one gets my vote for the funniest episode of The Venture Bros thus far.   

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: November 21, 2010, 10:24:45 PM

Good episode, but I don't think it is quite that high up on the funny ep list. Actually much more character development and plot than gags. Some great stuff though (maybe it being an hour made the really funny stuff seem a bit diluted). The various descriptions of the "Rusty Venture" was classic, can't wait to hear that unedited on the DVD (tons of bleeps in this to the point they referenced it in a bump).   Best callback IMO was the throw away reference to The Nozzle which is one of my favorite bits of VB nonsense.

-H.L. Mencken
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #126 on: November 22, 2010, 04:11:01 AM

So very awesome.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: November 22, 2010, 08:42:09 AM

So. Much. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #128 on: February 08, 2011, 07:29:03 AM

This just popped-up on Facebook via Adult Swim.

Limited Edition Brock Sampson Figurine from Sideshow Collectables.  Only 250 will be made for a price of $250.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2001051

Go buy quickly.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: February 08, 2011, 07:40:05 PM

Ok!

- Viin
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: February 08, 2011, 08:15:45 PM

This just popped-up on Facebook via Adult Swim.

Limited Edition Brock Sampson Figurine from Sideshow Collectables.  Only 250 will be made for a price of $250.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2001051

Go buy quickly.

Sure lend me 250 bucks!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: March 22, 2011, 11:15:38 AM

Wooooooo. VB renewed for two more seasons plus an hour and a half special.

-H.L. Mencken
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: March 22, 2011, 04:14:42 PM

So cool! That last season was really good.

Do you know when the season will start? Autum?
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: March 22, 2011, 04:17:07 PM

Wooooooo. VB renewed for two more seasons plus an hour and a half special.

Great news!

The way the last season wrapped up, it could easily have been a series finale...  I know Cartoon Network loves the Jackson and Doc, but I was worried they were burning out.  Now, let's hope that it takes less than three years for season five to grace the airwaves.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: March 22, 2011, 07:19:49 PM

So cool! That last season was really good.

Do you know when the season will start? Autum?

Doubtful. The article I read said they are "starting production" in June. Considering how long animation takes I doubt we'll see it anytime this year and well into the next. Frankly they can take as long as they want if they keep up the quality in my opinion.

-H.L. Mencken
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: March 23, 2011, 06:55:09 AM

Yes when you put it like that I agree. One could still hope there airing date was in the horizont through.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #136 on: March 23, 2011, 08:05:27 AM

If they start in June, I'd expect the hour and a half special to maybe be some kind of Christmas special. We can only hope.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: August 28, 2011, 09:42:20 AM

Hour long special is on TONIGHT.  My DVR was hinky about it (Adult Swim is apparently terrible at updating their stuff with the services and it still isn't showing up on my guide) but heard about it and found it.  Its at Midnight eastern and is a behind the scenes look at the musical juggernaut Shallow Gravy.

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #138 on: August 28, 2011, 12:51:13 PM

Is this a new season?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: August 28, 2011, 01:33:19 PM

No, its the one-hour thing that was in addition to the 2 season renew.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Venture Bros.  
Jump to: