Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:08:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1270672 times)
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1575 on: June 07, 2010, 01:51:20 PM

Worgen pet is obviously the best.

The crab will see you in hell.

True. I can see a whole bunch of people making it through the new 1-58 stuff, walking through the Dark Portal then going "Yeah, sod this".

I'm rerolling my Shaman as goblin, but that's as far as I'll go.  And he's on second bench.  The Paladin is my main.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1576 on: June 07, 2010, 01:53:39 PM

I don't know what my Worgen/Goblin will be, I want to have one for the new leveling zone, but I don't actually want to level another alt at this point.

I'm hoping the new Cata talents and stuff will reinvigorate my alt desire or something.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1577 on: June 07, 2010, 05:34:36 PM

The Goblin population will dwindle down to gnome territory once people use up the new Cata leveling content.
Is that a short joke?
I think that's stretching it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1578 on: June 08, 2010, 05:18:01 AM

The Goblin population will dwindle down to gnome territory once people use up the new Cata leveling content.
Is that a short joke?
you're reaching
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1579 on: June 08, 2010, 05:33:34 AM

I don't know what my Worgen/Goblin will be, I want to have one for the new leveling zone, but I don't actually want to level another alt at this point.

I'm hoping the new Cata talents and stuff will reinvigorate my alt desire or something.
By 'zone' you mean "every zone from 1 - 58", yes?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1580 on: June 08, 2010, 07:01:27 AM

I plan on making a goblin warlock and that will be a very trying time for me.  It'll either make or break me playing the rest of the xpac.  I did make it through with a DK, TBC is easy though, WOTLK on the other hand, might break me.

My guess is that they will ripple faster exp gains back down through the older content.  1-60 will be even faster and perhaps have even more content to fill in the old gaps like they did with Mudsprocket, etc.  61-70 will be like 1-60 is now.  71-80 will be like 61-70 is now.  I'm predicting 80-85 will take as long as 71-80 did at WotLK release, which wasn't all that long IMO.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1581 on: June 08, 2010, 07:36:53 AM

You're all killing me here.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #1582 on: June 08, 2010, 12:50:54 PM

Is that a short joke?
you're reaching

Enough small talk; let's get down to business already.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1583 on: June 08, 2010, 01:01:29 PM

Is that a short joke?
you're reaching

Yes, enough belittling, this topic is important!
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1584 on: June 08, 2010, 05:23:02 PM

You guys are being silly.  You must be high on something.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1585 on: June 08, 2010, 06:36:14 PM

Is that a short joke?
you're reaching

Yes, enough belittling, this topic is important!
And that's no understatement.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1586 on: June 09, 2010, 06:32:38 PM

Official talent previews at : http://www.mmo-champion.com/

Only Druid, Priest, Rogue, and Shaman.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1587 on: June 09, 2010, 06:44:27 PM

What happened to the getting away from talents that just increase things by percentages? 
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1588 on: June 09, 2010, 06:58:15 PM

The Balance tree has most of those streamlined and removed, I'm not knowledgeable enough about the others really.

mmo-champ has an actual talent calc up for the new talents now as well, if anyone is having issues digesting the raw text.

-edit-

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent Wowhead has one too now, less buggy.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:13:25 PM by Fordel »

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1589 on: June 09, 2010, 07:52:55 PM

shadow tree is a joke, it's the same damned thing.  Again, what happened to having mostly 'fun' talents?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1590 on: June 09, 2010, 08:14:15 PM

Improved Holy Nova!  YEAH DRILLING AND MANLINESS!!!

Seriously though, the Discipline tree is also pretty much the same.  Some talents were moved around and they added some Smite-related stuff, but it's all basically the same.

Holy got some new stuff, but I'm not sure if any of its any good...

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1591 on: June 09, 2010, 08:30:02 PM

shadow tree is a joke, it's the same damned thing.  Again, what happened to having mostly 'fun' talents?
'

It ran smack into the reality of "we still need to have 75 points worth of talents"  because they're not going to reduce the total pool point. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1592 on: June 09, 2010, 08:46:11 PM

NOM NOM NOM!!!

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #1593 on: June 09, 2010, 09:00:43 PM

Theh shaman tree....man, that's some sucktastic shit right there. They'd better come up with something better than that crap for the so-called elemental expansion. Christ on a crutch.  swamp poop
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1594 on: June 09, 2010, 09:10:30 PM

I'm becoming less and less impressed with all the supposed 'changes'.  At this rate, I'll just go with Clone Wars, Guild Wars 2, and whatever else releases this fall then pick up Cataclysm when I'm bored.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1595 on: June 09, 2010, 09:18:03 PM

Frozen Power under the Enhancement tree makes it all worth it.  I might be able to go back to Enhancement now.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #1596 on: June 09, 2010, 09:23:01 PM

Totemic Vigor?  Increase the health of your totems by 3% of your total health?  WTF kind of talent is that besides useless?
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1597 on: June 09, 2010, 09:28:28 PM

It goes up to 10% at max rank.  Having 2-3k health on your totems instead of them being wand fodder seems pretty nice for PvP.

The Feral tree has completely burst at the seams though, it's ridiculous.

"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1598 on: June 09, 2010, 10:24:30 PM

Frozen Power under the Enhancement tree makes it all worth it.  I might be able to go back to Enhancement now.

Umm... it's always been in the Enhancement tree?

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1599 on: June 09, 2010, 10:26:02 PM

I'm pretty pumped about the Disc changes, myself. If healing has enough low-key moments in Cataclysm to make smiting a few times every so often then popping some empowered Penance on someone who needs healing something you just do over the normal course of things, then it looks pretty damn fun.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1600 on: June 09, 2010, 10:54:53 PM

shadow tree is a joke, it's the same damned thing.  Again, what happened to having mostly 'fun' talents?

Seriously? I thought I had opened a current calculator. Weren't we done with Shadow Weaving? Lost all utility to get a moonkin/elemental shaman aura? And wth did they do with twisted faith!? I thought spirit was a healer stat now? And it's so great they made dispersion more than a situational ability....  Ohhhhh, I see.

Oh and can I add a WTF to the disc tree too, I can't get down below Inner Focus without taking some smite talents, or something equally useless. Seriously? Why is mental agility so deep? ARGH SO DISAPOINTED.

The more I look at it, the more I feel like I need to level that Hunter I abandoned :(
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:06:08 PM by Wolf »

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1601 on: June 09, 2010, 11:15:16 PM

Why do you hate on free smite awesomeness?

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1602 on: June 09, 2010, 11:44:12 PM

Shaman resto has one of its "boring" talents swapped for something more interesting (incidentally, "interesting" is the only way to describe it); aside from a new PvP thing and a water shield nerf the rest of the tree is exactly the same. The new talent, assuming people use it at all, actually decreases our talent flexibility because it will also force us to spend a point in Shamanistic Focus. Cool.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1603 on: June 10, 2010, 12:00:20 AM

I thought spirit was a healer stat now?

It is, but since Balance Druids and Elemental Shamans will use "Healer gear" (i.e. Spirit and no Hit) they get a Spirit -> Hit talent.  Their versions, Balance of Power and Elemental Precision, are 100% Spirit -> Hit.

Shadow Priests only get 20% Spirit -> Hit presumably because they have access to proper DPS gear.  I'd be interested to see if Mages and Warlocks get a 20% talent as well so they can get in on Spirit items should they need to or if it's just to help Disc/Holy Priests get some Hit in their off-specs.

Also, I'm pretty sure Archangel is an ability and not an Ebon Plague-style rename and so I'm kind of curious about the cooldown.  Unless we see a huge increase in Base Mana (or Smite's cost) relative to actual Mana pools, at very reasonable values of Max Mana casting five Smites and using Archangel would be a net mana gain (on top of a +15% Healing buff and on-the-move Penance for 18 seconds).

Assuming my understanding of the talents and math involved is all correct (which it probably isn't awesome, for real), it probably isn't good enough to warrant taking a lot other of Smite-related talents, but it's certainly an interesting mechanic.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1604 on: June 10, 2010, 01:01:52 AM

I read Archangel as giving only 3% of your total mana back, while the bonus % to healing done is per stack of Evangelism. Getting back 15% of your total mana every 15 seconds (which is what MMO-Champion has the Archangel cooldown listed as) through casting Smites that will probably be sub-10% base mana per cast seems a wee bit much.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:06:31 AM by koro »
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1605 on: June 10, 2010, 01:04:14 AM

That's all well and good but unless smite turns into a disc spell I can't use it in shadow form.

Even if it does, what's the niche for such a spell and how is it different from mindspike. I wouldn't be whining so much if it wasn't for thay 100% complete comment.

edit: It keeps on getting better. I just noticed we lost the threat reduction component of Shadow Form. I'm currently spec'd into shadow affinity (30% more) and I'm fighting with our fury warrior for first spot below the tanks on most fights.

On the bright side apparently our aura buff will be changing to 5% haste.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:36:42 AM by Wolf »

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1606 on: June 10, 2010, 06:44:07 AM

What happened to the getting away from talents that just increase things by percentages? 

Come on, you know that was gonna be horseshit. Look at the feral tree, it's pretty much only percentages.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1607 on: June 10, 2010, 08:04:42 AM

They really don't know what to do with Shadow Priests, do they? They created this wonderful little monster and then set it out into the wild, neglected it for years and they have no idea what makes it work.

No Imp. Spirit Tap, which is vital for Mana control.
Mind Melt looks like it has been sabotaged.
Unless the Shadowform tool-tip is just missing half the information, it has been decimated.
Imp. Shadowform has been split into two talents now - you require 'Dark Thoughts' now to receive pushback protection, swapped out for a crit chance buff to party members - nice enough, but hardly anything to be excited about having a SPriest along to the raid.
Twisted Faith now boosts spell hit by 20% instead of spell power? wat?! Is this just me being confused by the simplification of the stats?

I still don't know how Shadow Orbs are going to play, and this 'Shadowy Apparition' dealy seems laughably underpowered for its cost (3 points for a 6% chance to do 15% of Mind Blast's damage?  swamp poop the 'while moving' addendum makes it slightly more interesting, but it's still a farce)

The Disc tree has now become very problematic for Shadow Priests in that it is impossible to get to Mental Agility without wasting several points and even then, it's likely you won't have enough points left to max it out.

Not pleased right now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:06:54 AM by Mattemeo »

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1608 on: June 10, 2010, 08:38:44 AM

Shadowy Apparition looks pretty good to me - a 6% chance on every SW:P tick will go off reasonably often, but it's the 20% chance to go off while you're moving that's nice.

EDIT: Also don't use current mana use/management as a basis to judge any of this, all that crap is changing enough in the expansion to make what we know about how it currently works essentially pointless.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:44:16 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1609 on: June 10, 2010, 08:54:30 AM

wat?! Is this just me being confused by the simplification of the stats?

If I remember correctly, there is no such thing as spell power in Cataclysm.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: