Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL  (Read 169865 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #595 on: January 11, 2010, 12:43:41 PM

Rackers looked like a nervous high schooler trying out for varsity on that field goal.

Almost every kicker is just a couple of missed kicks away from being replaced.  I totally understand his nerves. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #596 on: January 11, 2010, 01:15:55 PM

Fuck Pete Carroll. This is going to be a fucking disaster. My only hope is an 0-16 season so they can draft Jake Locker.

Yeah, I'm not sure what in Carrolll's past history of NFL fuckups makes the Seahawks think he's worth the money they'll pay him. Sure, he did good at USC. Doesn't mean he'll do shit at the NFL level. See Steve Spurrier, Bobby Petrino, and Nick Sabean for examples. While some college coaches have done well, success at the college level hardly is a guarantor of success at the pro level.

What was wrong with Jim Mora, anyway? He's a decent enough coach. But the Seahawks are old and injury prone at QB, have no running backs, and an inconsistent defense. I suppose only being better than the Rams in the shittiest division in football gets you a short fuse.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #597 on: January 11, 2010, 01:43:02 PM

It's kind of funny that the best  franchise and best team in Seattle is the freaking Sounders   awesome, for real
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #598 on: January 13, 2010, 07:07:36 AM

Seems KC is quietly assembling Belichick throwbacks. Crennel on D and Weis on O? Pioli has been watching the Blues Brothers one too many times.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #599 on: January 13, 2010, 07:56:51 AM

Let me know when they pick up Seau to anchor the D.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
WayAbvPar

Reply #600 on: January 13, 2010, 11:34:50 AM

It's kind of funny that the best  franchise and best team in Seattle is the freaking Sounders   awesome, for real

Only because they haven't been around long enough to vastly disappoint their fans. Yet. It is a Seattle tradition, after all.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #601 on: January 14, 2010, 06:54:23 AM

Just announced his retirement on Inside the NFL.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #602 on: January 14, 2010, 02:10:18 PM

Just announced his retirement on Inside the NFL.

That's never happened before.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #603 on: January 15, 2010, 07:48:50 AM

Seems KC is quietly assembling Belichick throwbacks. Crennel on D and Weis on O? Pioli has been watching the Blues Brothers one too many times.

I never understood how being a Belichick disciple makes anyone a popular candidate for something.  Other than Bill himself, aren't they all pretty much a bunch of giant failures?  He surrounds himself with a bunch of knob-gobbling douchebags.  It's like expecting that the court jester would be a good choice as the next king.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #604 on: January 15, 2010, 09:19:04 AM

I never understood how being a Belichick disciple makes anyone a popular candidate for something.  Other than Bill himself, aren't they all pretty much a bunch of giant failures?  He surrounds himself with a bunch of knob-gobbling douchebags.  It's like expecting that the court jester would be a good choice as the next king.

I am with ya. Though I think Pioli is thinking he can form Voltron without the black lion in KC.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #605 on: January 15, 2010, 05:41:31 PM

Nick Saban is considered a branch of the Bill Belichick coaching tree.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #606 on: January 16, 2010, 08:31:05 AM

Nick Saban is considered a branch of the Bill Belichick coaching tree.

His success is primarily in the college arena, which doesn't mean a whole lot (for the purpose of my point, anyway).

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #607 on: January 17, 2010, 12:31:14 PM

I don't know if I've seen an offensive line look as bad in the playoffs as Dallas did today. Tony Romo was running for his life on almost every play.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #608 on: January 17, 2010, 01:08:29 PM

Paelos, no disrespect or anything, but SUCK IT COWBOYS!!!

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #609 on: January 17, 2010, 01:32:34 PM

I don't know if I've seen an offensive line look as bad in the playoffs as Dallas did today. Tony Romo was running for his life on almost every play.

Could it be that the O-line wasn't that bad, but the D-line was that good?  The Vikings have the ability to put a lot of pressure on QB's. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #610 on: January 17, 2010, 01:50:01 PM

I am looking forward to Breesus battling with Father Time. Dragons will blot out the sun that day.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #611 on: January 17, 2010, 03:35:47 PM

It warms the cockles of my black little heart to see the loser face on both Jerry Jones and Tony Romo. Take your giant, billion dollar stadium and cram it right up your ass.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #612 on: January 17, 2010, 04:02:25 PM

I was ACTUALLY rooting for a satelite to crash into the stadium, but I'll take the Cowboys being embarrassed. I want the Vikings to get humiliated next, though. I need this to happen. Favre pisses me off (partly because every announcer EVER sucks his dick so hard).

God Save the Horn Players
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #613 on: January 17, 2010, 04:11:09 PM

Jeez, it's like San Diego is actively trying to lose this game.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #614 on: January 17, 2010, 04:32:09 PM

Jeez, it's like San Diego is actively trying to lose this game.

3 missed field goals.. really?
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #615 on: January 17, 2010, 04:32:43 PM

I was ACTUALLY rooting for a satelite to crash into the stadium, but I'll take the Cowboys being embarrassed. I want the Vikings to get humiliated next, though. I need this to happen. Favre pisses me off (partly because every announcer EVER sucks his dick so hard).

If they suck Favre's dick, they positively nuzzle the testicles and toss the salad of the indianapolis colts.

I think I  saw Trent Dilfer plead for a dirty sanchez from Peyton last night.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #616 on: January 17, 2010, 04:43:42 PM

I don't know why I hoped a Norv Turner team would do more than choke in what should have been a rout for them, but there you go.  Fuck.   Now all I'm going to hear this week from idiot Baltimore fans about how we should have kept Ryan and never hired Harbs. 
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #617 on: January 17, 2010, 04:50:17 PM

I don't know why you would single out Favre when as pointed out the Colts have gotten the same, if not more annoying.

Favre gets love cuz even at 40 he's having one of the best seasons of his career.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #618 on: January 17, 2010, 04:54:27 PM

That offside kick was moronic.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #619 on: January 17, 2010, 05:03:36 PM

It was a textbook kick though.

Seriously though: three missed field goals and two interceptions and a recovered fumble by Rivers.  And they lose by THREE.

It's sorrow-drowning time.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #620 on: January 17, 2010, 05:06:24 PM

Holy shit did SD fuck themselves on that one.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #621 on: January 17, 2010, 06:05:53 PM

LoL @ the Cowboys crying cuz the Vikes scored that final TD.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #622 on: January 17, 2010, 07:12:27 PM

I love how the Jets still don't get any credit because even if they lost by 6 (assuming those 3 field goals were made), they played one hell of a football game against a team everyone thought they were outclassed against. They should be proud of their performance because they went in there and made the Chargers play the game their way. They never let Rivers get hot, they kept it mostly on the ground to eat up the clock and they made very few mistakes. We'll see what happens with the Colts (doubtful, to be honest), but I'm liking the way they're playing.

Also... SUCK IT COWBOYS!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #623 on: January 17, 2010, 08:08:46 PM

One of the field goals was 50+ yards. Besides had the Jets been down at the end they wouldn't have played so conservatively. They did what they needed to do to win given the score.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #624 on: January 17, 2010, 08:39:55 PM

They can cry over the fact they got completely outclassed in the trenches. I don't mind a loss that had nothing to do with Romo fucking it up, so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #625 on: January 17, 2010, 11:03:35 PM

I don't know why you would single out Favre when as pointed out the Colts have gotten the same, if not more annoying.

Favre gets love cuz even at 40 he's having one of the best seasons of his career.

Because it started in freaking August for Favre.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #626 on: January 18, 2010, 05:25:48 AM

I've complained about the Favre nob gobbling myself but if you can't give him credit for the game he played yesterday, you're just being petty. The throws he made while being hit, his ability to sustain those hits at 40, and his ability to still roll out and make across the body accurate passes are unreal. It's not like the Viking's running game was really helping him out. I'm still blown away by a couple of those passes he made to a well covered Rice where Rice just had to hold his hands out and the ball was there. The man can play some fucking football.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #627 on: January 18, 2010, 05:33:07 AM

Yeah, I gotta agree with Brogarn.  While it gets annoying to hear the Jon Grudens of the world schlobbing his knob all day long, the man ultimately went out and kicked ass for basically the entire season.  It was an MVP type of year, or would have been if you didn't have people like Manning around, and he's fucking 40 for chrissakes.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #628 on: January 18, 2010, 08:42:19 AM

I love how the Jets still don't get any credit because even if they lost by 6 (assuming those 3 field goals were made), they played one hell of a football game against a team everyone thought they were outclassed against. They should be proud of their performance because they went in there and made the Chargers play the game their way. They never let Rivers get hot, they kept it mostly on the ground to eat up the clock and they made very few mistakes. We'll see what happens with the Colts (doubtful, to be honest), but I'm liking the way they're playing.

Also... SUCK IT COWBOYS!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

This. No matter how many mistakes the Chargers made, the Jets forced them to make a lot of those. They took them out of their comfort zone. There are still tons of people who are on the "You guys don't belong here" wagon. They belong, they may not win the next game, but anyone that's gonna take them lightly because they don't feel they've earned their place does so at their peril.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #629 on: January 18, 2010, 10:14:16 AM

They can cry over the fact they got completely outclassed in the trenches. I don't mind a loss that had nothing to do with Romo fucking it up, so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

Uh... what? How many INT's and fumbles was Romo personally responsible for? Granted, he was running for his life most of the day, but according to the knobslobberers, that's where he is at his best.

The Jets do not deserve to be where they are. Period. Their defense played well, and Sanchez didn't fuck them in the ass like he has much of the season, but they seriously didn't play well so much as didn't fuck up quite as much as the Chargers. That onside kick was stupid to the extreme. Had Turner chosen to kick it and let his defense stop the Jets, I'm quite sure the Jets would have punted on 4th down and we'd be talking about Rivers' comeback drive.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL  
Jump to: