Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:50:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 College Football  (Read 131215 times)
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: December 29, 2009, 10:02:44 PM

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: December 30, 2009, 09:13:41 AM

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #422 on: December 30, 2009, 03:23:01 PM

Where has the conference bowl record trolling been?  I'll start.  Big10 is 1-0 after Wisconsin pretty decisively whipped Miami.  God, is it too much to ask to give the SEC a losing record this year?  Heart

The games have been boring. You want trolling? Ok.

Clear winner atm - The Mountain West at 3-0. The Wyoming upset over Fresno was hilarious. The absolute raping of Oregon State and Cal was just icing.
Clear loser atm - The ACC at 1-3. We all knew they were terrible, but now they are proving it with style. Clemson winning might be their only win of the bowl series.

Everything else is unclear at the moment. The PAC-10 could be really shitty if they continue to get beat, but they salvaged a win with UCLA beating Temple. The Big 10 won a game against the ACC; wake me up when I care. The Big East is 2-0, but their games are ridiculously easy outside of the Cincy-Florida matchup. WVA v. FSU? Please. The SEC is 1-1, Georgia whomping A&M, and Kentucky as the 10th ranked SEC team losing to the 2nd ranked ACC school. I'm not sure how that was a remotely even matchup, but Kentucky kept it very close.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #423 on: December 30, 2009, 07:34:16 PM

ACK! swamp poop ACK!

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #424 on: December 30, 2009, 07:36:17 PM

Nebraska's D-line is sick.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #425 on: December 30, 2009, 10:39:28 PM

Yeah, holy shit, yeah, holy shit, yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: December 31, 2009, 09:41:00 AM

And Texas Tech has fired Mike Leach. This has been one weird, fucked up season.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Rasix

Reply #427 on: December 31, 2009, 01:11:33 PM

And Texas Tech has fired Mike Leach. This has been one weird, fucked up season.

That whole scenario makes me want to scream "crybaby".  Ohh no, spending practice in an equipment room. I got worse during soccer practice when I was 13 for flinching during free kick drills.

Leach may be an unapologetic nutball, but Craig James should be relegated to MAC conference games for the rest of his career.  And money played probably the primary role in his dismissal.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 01:13:21 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: December 31, 2009, 01:43:53 PM

It's not the punishment itself, it is the concept that he was punishing players who couldn't/wouldn't practice because of being concussed. The implication being that you keep that to yourself and gut it out, something that recent medical studies have shown is very dangerous.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

Reply #429 on: December 31, 2009, 02:03:45 PM

Gut it out... or else you have the horrible torture of spending practice in the equipment shed texting away on your phone.  Tough choice; one fraught with peril.

There's still a lot of details yet to come out and a lot of angles to this.  Not to mention the university got to save themselves 2.8 mil for firing a coach they hate.

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: December 31, 2009, 03:31:58 PM

Gut it out... or else you have the horrible torture of spending practice in the equipment shed texting away on your phone.  Tough choice; one fraught with peril.

You don't think being isolated and humiliated in a sport like football is a negative that players would seek to avoid by shading their self-reporting of injuries?

-H.L. Mencken
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: December 31, 2009, 09:35:16 PM

I'm with Ab, how in the fuck is it appropriate to punish a player in any way for being injured? Especially the type of humiliating punishment that will encourage other players to play injured?

Concussions are not something you "gut out."

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #432 on: January 01, 2010, 11:37:51 AM

If you didn't watch the 4th quarter of this NWestern v Auburn game you screwed up.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: January 01, 2010, 01:14:29 PM

I really wanted NW to win at the end just because of the irony of Auburn having rushed the field twice already thinking they had won.  That NW kicker had a very, very bad day on multiple levels.

-H.L. Mencken
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: January 01, 2010, 01:26:16 PM

Well, the Vols were game but VT was just too much for them.  Glad to see Crompton turn into the QB I never thought he could be.  I think the VT bomb and then kick at the end of the half turned the game.

I can't wait to see my Vols next year!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: January 01, 2010, 01:45:48 PM

Ha ha. Gary Crowten is such a moron. I really wish he was still coaching BYU.

-H.L. Mencken
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: January 01, 2010, 05:31:33 PM

WOOOHOOOO!!! It was excruciating as usual to watch but the Buckeyes win the Rose Bowl. Outstanding defensive effort.

If Pryor can learn how to read the middle of the field Bucks could be great next year.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: January 01, 2010, 05:59:15 PM

They really shut down Oregon. I haven't seen that offense look that bad since the Boise State game.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: January 01, 2010, 06:12:47 PM

Ow ow ow ow. Arms are not supposed to go that way.

-H.L. Mencken
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: January 01, 2010, 06:51:54 PM

Ow ow ow ow. Arms are not supposed to go that way.
that entered GI Joe kung fu grip levels of  twisting.

Love Fox, "That's something  noone will want to watch happen. (Pause) And here's the replay on Demps' injury..."

And the horsewhipping of Cincinnati continues...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:54:46 PM by sigil »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: January 01, 2010, 07:12:39 PM

Aaaaaand, Cinci gets exposed as not ready for prime time.

-H.L. Mencken
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #441 on: January 01, 2010, 08:32:28 PM

Yeah, no joke.  All their shit talking all season long and they clearly had no business being #3.  BCS needs to go. 

Also, finally I can feel proud of my Buckeyes in a bowl game.  It's been too long.  :)
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: January 02, 2010, 05:16:50 AM

Go Bucks!  I expected that effort out of their defense, but I was sure the offense was good for about 13 points max.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #443 on: January 02, 2010, 08:04:38 AM

Yeah, no joke.  All their shit talking all season long and they clearly had no business being #3.  BCS needs to go. 

Also, finally I can feel proud of my Buckeyes in a bowl game.  It's been too long.  :)

Could not have been THAT big of a surprise... they beat Pitt with a lucky play to end the game. Cinn was never great, besides the fact their coach prolly couldn't have given a shit less at that point. I am just glad Teabow is out of the NCAA. So sick of seeing his self righteous bible versus every weekend. Maybe when he tanks in the NFL, the Osteens will scoop him up.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: January 02, 2010, 02:00:03 PM

So the Big Ten is (almost) 4-0, sign of the apocalypse? Y/N?

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: January 02, 2010, 02:13:48 PM

Since when is 3-2 "almost 4-0"?

-H.L. Mencken
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: January 02, 2010, 02:20:59 PM

The big  ten must be  big on moral victories.

What I've seen so far:

The Pac 10 is balls, the dropoff after the top of the SEC is steeper than in other conferences, and this bowl season has been shitty. I'm sure UCONN is stoked though, that first touchdown was a terrific reception. So much so, I'd be checking those gloves for illegal substances.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: January 02, 2010, 04:46:19 PM

Since when is 3-2 "almost 4-0"?

I'm sorry, I must not be keeping up? What's the second loss? Mich St hasn't played yet have they?

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: January 02, 2010, 04:48:23 PM

Minnesota and Northwestern have both lost, although both in close games.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #449 on: January 03, 2010, 01:07:32 AM

The SEC is pretty shitty in the middle this year it seems. Here's my current breakdown:

Florida just curbstomped Cincy, and I reserve judgement on Bama v. Texas...but we all think the same thing.
LSU should have just looked at the field and declared they wouldn't play. So should Penn State. That wasn't football, it was farming.
Spurrier can't win many bowl games with South Carolina. I don't feel sorry for him.
Auburn players and coaches are assholes. Rushing the field 3 times against a team you should have put away in the 3rd quarter made you all look like fools.
Ole Miss crushed the Big 12 again. They really shouldn't match them up anymore. It's not fair.
Arkansas had to go to OT to take down East Carolina. That's pretty pathetic, but it's a win.

So what's that leave us? 5-4 with the national title left? It could be a hell of a lot worse for the SEC given how many Vegas underdogs won in this bowl season.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #450 on: January 03, 2010, 05:57:34 AM

LSU should have just looked at the field and declared they wouldn't play. So should Penn State. That wasn't football, it was farming.

Not sure what they could have done - not playing is forfeiting a whole lotta dollars I would think. But yes, those were not even adverse field conditions - that's the kinda game you play in the neighborhood with family teams and you purposely soak the field to have fun under the guise of football rather than the game being the sole focus. That was just stupid to even watch. Would have rather watched bears playing hockey  awesome, for real

I also find it a tad suspicious the Meyer decides now that its Tebow's last college game to take a leave of absence. Those two were joined at the hip to begin with and now that Tebow is leaving, Meyer is stepping aside? Not saying that is the reason, but the timing raises my eyebrow a bit.

edit: for more Tebow  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:27:18 AM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: January 03, 2010, 06:58:45 PM

The poor widdle Southerners had to play in Northern-style football weather, for once?  I shed a single tear.  That reminds me of another reason I hate it when the SEC talks shit- its like if half the NFL got to play every single playoff game at home and then talked shit about the other half. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #452 on: January 03, 2010, 08:36:14 PM

The poor widdle Southerners had to play in Northern-style football weather, for once?  I shed a single tear.  That reminds me of another reason I hate it when the SEC talks shit- its like if half the NFL got to play every single playoff game at home and then talked shit about the other half.  

Um, what? Who gives a fuck who won the game, it was shitty football because the field was totally destroyed. If LSU won 19-17, I wouldn't be declaring it the best thing ever. It looked like they went 4 wheeling through the stadium followed by a bunch of plow horses.

Oh, and your team plays on field-turf, assclown. Cram that Northern weather shit.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 08:38:52 PM by Paelos »

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: January 03, 2010, 08:51:06 PM

How is a field in Orlando not designed to deal with rain?  That was not "northern style field conditions," it was a swamp.

-H.L. Mencken
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: January 04, 2010, 12:35:56 AM

Quote from: Paelos link=topic=17515.msg750626#msg750626

Oh, and your team plays on field-turf, assclown. Cram that Northern weather shit.
[/quote

The Horseshoe became domed and/or winter stopped happening in Ohio since I've been gone?  Oh, how the times do change. 

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 College Football  
Jump to: