Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:45:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 College Football 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 College Football  (Read 133977 times)
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #385 on: December 12, 2009, 08:15:29 PM

All the hardware except for the one that matters...

Alabama's First Heisman

If Bama wins the BCS, you know it's going to be a good four, five years before you'll get their fans to shut up, coming from one.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: December 12, 2009, 08:27:36 PM

Hell, we haven't shut up in the 17 years since the last one  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Nevertheless, great award for Mark Ingram.  Seems like a really good kid, and I'm so happy for him I could just about cry - which I hate to admit that I did just a bit when I saw his reaction. 

RTR!!
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: December 12, 2009, 09:50:45 PM

17 years since the last one 

Fuck if that did not make me feel old.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: December 13, 2009, 08:54:04 AM

Congrats to Ingram and the Tide.  They have really re-built their dynasty and have a great program there.
But hopefully next year UT will beat 'em at Neyland Stadium!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #389 on: December 13, 2009, 12:10:20 PM

Grats to Ingram, he sealed it with the game against Florida.

That being said, Toby Gerhart got screwed and we all know it. Every Bama fan at my party admitted they expected him to win. That's what you get for being white and playing at Stanford.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #390 on: December 14, 2009, 11:03:22 AM

I expect being white probably gained him votes rather than lost him votes. His real problem is he plays on the West Coast at a school not named USC.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: December 16, 2009, 12:32:48 PM

Stewart Mandel talking about Big 10 expansion:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/12/15/bigten-expansion/index.html

I think it would be awesome for Nebraska to join the Big 10, but I don't remember reading about the Huskers being unhappy with the Big 12.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #392 on: December 16, 2009, 01:43:35 PM

I don't know why they would.  They are well positioned to dominate the sucky B12 North and the B12 contract  is second only to the SEC in dollars if I am not mistaken, so it would be a lousy move.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: December 16, 2009, 01:54:11 PM

If the Big Ten expands and keeps the same name I will from then on refer to them as the Little 12.

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #394 on: December 16, 2009, 06:12:42 PM

If the Big Ten expands and keeps the same name I will from then on refer to them as the Little 12.

Some of the talk is taking a team like Rutgers or Pitt. I don't really care which one, because lord knows Notre Dame won't take it.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #395 on: December 16, 2009, 06:44:02 PM

That'd be cool if they got Pitt.

Fuck Jersey.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: December 16, 2009, 06:45:37 PM

Oh man, the Big Ten needs to work on getting their collective heads out of their asses, not expanding. Also, living in a city with a Big Ten university in it, having to go through what will be even worse than the media circus surrounding the Penn State entry and how it would fuck with the name etc. etc. etc. etc. will make me very stabby.

It is probably just the league wanting to find another subscriber base to hawk their terrible television "premium" network on.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #397 on: December 16, 2009, 06:56:42 PM

They want the extra game that 2 divisions with a championship gets you.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: December 16, 2009, 08:46:55 PM

I don't know why they would.  They are well positioned to dominate the sucky B12 North and the B12 contract  is second only to the SEC in dollars if I am not mistaken, so it would be a lousy move.

Actually the Big 10 contracts are a close second to the SEC in total dollars. Per team its actually more (11 vs 12 teams though, obviously).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/07/24/tv-deals/index.html

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: December 16, 2009, 09:46:41 PM

Interesting. I guess that is why conferences are all trying to get their own networks since that is where the money obviously is.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: December 16, 2009, 10:20:58 PM

There are some rumblings about Utah joining the PAC-10 in its drive to get to 12 teams.

-H.L. Mencken
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: December 17, 2009, 10:54:24 AM

There are some rumblings about Utah joining the PAC-10 in its drive to get to 12 teams.

Who would #12 be? Boise State? BYU?

Fresno State wouldn't be a bad call, either.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: December 17, 2009, 01:34:54 PM

They would never take BYU. They are talking about Colorado although I could see Boise St. except the don't have quite enough of a research presence and their women's sports isn't all that developed, both of which are important to the PAC-10 presidents.

-H.L. Mencken
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #403 on: December 19, 2009, 05:12:12 AM

Like anything will ever come of this...

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #404 on: December 21, 2009, 06:31:49 PM

Like anything will ever come of this...

There sure is a whole lot of fucking smoke out there, and not all of it is coming from Snoop Dog.  Let USC go 7-4 a couple of years here and see how the NCAA gobbles them up.  They certainly won't do it while the USC gravy, I mean money, train is hopping along nicely.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: December 23, 2009, 09:54:17 PM

Woooo, 9 straight bowl wins for the Utes!

-H.L. Mencken
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: December 24, 2009, 06:34:32 PM

Ute defense made us look like a HS team out there.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: December 24, 2009, 09:52:01 PM

Ya. Stephenson and Johnson are NFL material and probably Misi too. Plus, the Utes apparently don't lose in bowl games. Ever.  When Wynn through that awful, awful pick-6 I thought it was going to be a rough night, but the team has icy veins and just kept plugging.

-H.L. Mencken
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #408 on: December 25, 2009, 08:04:15 AM

SMU put on a clinic last night... that was a tad shocking given Nev's offensive prowess.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #409 on: December 26, 2009, 12:18:58 PM

SMU put on a clinic last night... that was a tad shocking given Nev's offensive prowess.

I want to thank Nevada for blowing the biggest spread in all the bowls, and many people's #1 confidence pick in many pools.

Like mine!  Mob

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #410 on: December 26, 2009, 05:15:43 PM

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: December 26, 2009, 05:49:25 PM

most often known as Drevik
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: December 26, 2009, 05:59:24 PM

wow... speechless.  I hope he's going to be ok.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: December 26, 2009, 10:06:09 PM

I hope he recovers and there are no lasting health problems.  Big-time college football coaching is one of the most hours-intensive professions there is, and combined with screaming at kids all day long must be a pretty toxic brew.  From what I've read about coaches' lives at big programs, I'm surprised any of them have intact marriages or don't have heart attacks.   

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #414 on: December 26, 2009, 11:34:54 PM

Wow. Stunning news.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #415 on: December 27, 2009, 08:28:58 AM

Yep, it's rocked the college world. A man on top of his game has to leave because it's slowly killing him. As a human being, this news saddens me.

As a Georgia fan... awesome, for real

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: December 27, 2009, 03:22:45 PM

Hahaha folks started dancing too soon , it's just a leave of absence. while he recovers. THEN  he can coach himself to a slightly later early grave.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: December 27, 2009, 03:42:36 PM

Hahaha folks started dancing too soon , it's just a leave of absence. while he recovers. THEN  he can coach himself to a slightly later early grave.

Recruiting ploy. Half of Florida's incoming class was about to decommit before that announcement.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #418 on: December 27, 2009, 08:46:41 PM

Recruiting ploy. Half of Florida's incoming class was about to decommit before that announcement.

Agreed, he's never coming back to coach. Lying to recruits is like breathing.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: December 29, 2009, 09:42:54 PM

Where has the conference bowl record trolling been?  I'll start.  Big10 is 1-0 after Wisconsin pretty decisively whipped Miami.  God, is it too much to ask to give the SEC a losing record this year?  Heart
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:45:39 PM by Triforcer »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 College Football  
Jump to: