Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:48:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 College Football  (Read 131324 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #455 on: January 04, 2010, 06:41:01 PM

Man TCU looks terrible.

And I swear this director is driving me nuts. We don't need three crowd reaction shots after (and sometimes during) every single play, no matter how pedestrian. I WAN TO WATCH THE DAMN GAME NOT A BUNCH OF YAHOOS IN THE STANDS!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: January 04, 2010, 08:49:27 PM

Way to shit the bed TCU.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: January 05, 2010, 09:45:04 PM

Big 10 really stepped up this year. I really didn't think Iowa had it in them considering how shaky they looked all season.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #458 on: January 06, 2010, 11:10:10 AM

Jesus fucking tapdancing Christ, is the bowl season STILL going?

GMAC Bowl, C. Michigan vs. Troy

Really? Who the hell is going to sit down and watch that? And it gets a spotlight date after New Year's Day? CBB will have finished its second week of CONFERENCE play before the BCS NC game. Fucking clownshoes.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #459 on: January 06, 2010, 11:18:36 AM

Really? Who the hell is going to sit down and watch that? And it gets a spotlight date after New Year's Day? CBB will have finished its second week of CONFERENCE play before the BCS NC game. Fucking clownshoes.

You are correct - no one gives a shit about the whatever bowl or buy-my-shit bowl.  Honestly, its helps to just give the finger to the money grab BCS along with all the other meaningless bowl games and stick with who won their respective divisions. Grab NCAA20XX and make your own bracket and let the computer play it out for you. As for the BCS Bowl to crown who the same computers think should be fighting at the top, doesn't matter really... Either way, the process remains mostly the same.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: January 06, 2010, 11:22:53 AM

I'm surprised that you guys don't complain about the NIT as well.  If you think the Bowl system is bad, the NIT is a playoff for 65th place. 

It's all about keeping the money wagon on the road and helping scouts get as many looks at kids as humanly possible. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: January 06, 2010, 11:25:56 AM

I've heard rumblings that the Big 10 is going to try to raid the Big East's big media markets and basically kill it as a football conference by scooping up 3-5 teams so the BCS pie is divided into fewer pieces.  Seems far out there but I could see them trying it.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #462 on: January 06, 2010, 11:54:38 AM

I would bitch about the NIT too but it usually flies under the radar. It would be relevant and cool if it was done before the conference season started though.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #463 on: January 06, 2010, 11:56:31 AM

I'm surprised that you guys don't complain about the NIT as well.  If you think the Bowl system is bad, the NIT is a playoff for 65th place.  

It's all about keeping the money wagon on the road and helping scouts get as many looks at kids as humanly possible.  

I don't think I've ever sat through an entire NIT game.  It doesn't exist for me.

I'm almost done with basketball as a whole.  I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather they get rid of the one year in college thing.  I don't want to watch players that have no desire to be there.  All these one and doners seem to bring with them is one season of elevated wins followed by inevitable sanctions for the program.  The NBA sucks, so any impact there is negligible for me.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 11:58:16 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: January 06, 2010, 03:13:26 PM

You can thank the fact that a sizable percentage of ESPN's crew has roots in Mobile Alabama that there's a GMAC Bowl at all.

I haven't checked, Has Ivan Maisel let slip that everyone in his family except for him are so deeply in bed with the University of Alabama as to be conjoined?
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: January 06, 2010, 03:27:45 PM

I've heard rumblings that the Big 10 is going to try to raid the Big East's big media markets and basically kill it as a football conference by scooping up 3-5 teams so the BCS pie is divided into fewer pieces.  Seems far out there but I could see them trying it.

This is one of the more interesting articles I've read on it. I know it's just some dude with a blog but really, he knows just as much as some dude at the Chicago Tribune.

Ultimately I don't think Texas will go but it's an intriguing theory.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: January 06, 2010, 04:39:56 PM

This is one of the more interesting articles I've read on it. I know it's just some dude with a blog but really, he knows just as much as some dude at the Chicago Tribune.

Ultimately I don't think Texas will go but it's an intriguing theory.

Thanks for the link. Interesting stuff in there and the follow-up post.

-H.L. Mencken
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: January 06, 2010, 08:10:37 PM

Turned out to be a  rather entertaining game.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: January 07, 2010, 05:46:23 PM

Did Saban hit his head coming off the bus or something?

-H.L. Mencken
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: January 07, 2010, 06:39:59 PM

If McCoy doesnt come back this game is over.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: January 07, 2010, 06:44:11 PM

This  could get  hideously ugly if Texas cannot put something together and soon.

I want Colt back, because I don't want any excuses.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: January 07, 2010, 07:06:13 PM

Texas  just  imploded.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #472 on: January 07, 2010, 07:06:42 PM

What the fuck were they thinking?
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: January 07, 2010, 07:13:41 PM

I wanted to see 'bama win, but not like this.  I feel terrible for McCoy.

most often known as Drevik
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #474 on: January 07, 2010, 07:17:56 PM

I don't watch college football -- whose that old fuck that just said that Alabama is better than Texas because McCoy is gone?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #475 on: January 07, 2010, 07:20:48 PM

I don't watch college football -- whose that old fuck that just said that Alabama is better than Texas because McCoy is gone?

Lee Corso? 

-Rasix
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: January 07, 2010, 07:21:37 PM

Ugh- didn't want to see the championship go down like this.  I feel for McCoy.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #477 on: January 07, 2010, 07:26:44 PM

Lee Corso? 
Yup. Wonder how much he's being paid to say such stupid shit?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: January 07, 2010, 08:19:12 PM

Some bad, bad coaching in this game.

-H.L. Mencken
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #479 on: January 07, 2010, 08:36:11 PM

ZOMG if Texas wins I'm going to laugh my ass off.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: January 07, 2010, 08:47:14 PM

You'd have every reason to.

Hell I'll laugh my ass off.

*edit* Fortunately I won't have to  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 08:50:09 PM by sigil »
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #481 on: January 07, 2010, 08:49:48 PM

Well it was interesting while it lasted awesome, for real
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: January 07, 2010, 08:50:03 PM

Heh, "they haven't given up a sack yet". BOOM!

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: January 07, 2010, 09:03:58 PM

Typical Saban assholery to not just take a knee.

-H.L. Mencken
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: January 07, 2010, 09:24:59 PM

Typical Saban assholery to not just take a knee.

The team took care of that when they smacked him upside the head with the gatorade bucket  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: January 08, 2010, 07:45:46 AM

Looks like Jim Leavitt was fired today.  I've been of the opinion for a couple of years now that he'd hit the ceiling as far as how far he could take the program, but it's still a shame to see him go under these circumstances.

I'm sure it would be amusing to Auburn fans if they knew how much people here want to see USF hire Tommy Tuberville.  Personally, I think Charlie Strong would have been a great fit but he's already gone to Loiusville.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:54:08 PM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: January 08, 2010, 02:33:15 PM

ESPN reporting that the Seahawks fired Jim Mora and that Pete Carroll is their choice for coach and that Carroll is trying to convince Jeremy Bates to go with him. Chris Mortensen is saying it's just about a done deal.  awesome, for real

Just a guess, but I'll be shocked if Carroll stays and when he goes NCAA sanctions are sure to follow. His AD has been stonewalling the NCAA for years on Reggie Bush but any coach they hire isn't going to want to take the fall for it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:47:23 PM by Montague »

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #487 on: January 08, 2010, 02:56:51 PM

This is a funny bit from the Onion. But then again, I am a Bama fan. YMMV if you're a fan of the Horns.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #488 on: January 08, 2010, 03:20:42 PM

OMG please be true, Pete Carroll news.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: January 08, 2010, 03:48:17 PM

OMG please be true, Pete Carroll news.

USC's SID:

"At this point, we have nothing to report. Perhaps check with the Seahawks."   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 College Football  
Jump to: