Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:36:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tron Legacy 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tron Legacy  (Read 137418 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 04:15:40 PM

I can't tell whether I should be offended at the hyper-sexualized females in the trailer or oogle.

Sure, I'd stick my jack into their I/O port and transfer some data, but I hope they're more than eye candy when it hits.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 04:40:53 PM

Eye candy meh. The trailer had me as soon as I heard Bruce Boxleitner. I'm also impressed that this movie has not only the bearded, crusty Jeff Bridges... but also a younger, clean-shaven Jeff Bridges. I'll hold back my inner fanboy until a good body of reviews are out in 2011.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #37 on: March 09, 2010, 04:53:15 PM

I can google her, but who is Olivia Wilde?

The program on the couch in the second trailer.

!

Holy crap, that is.  She should keep her hair short and dark, very nice.  Not having that hollowed-out cheek look helps a lot, too.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 05:12:53 PM

I don't mind that the programs may have more human touches in this, afterall we're to assume that jeff bridges has been living inside the pc for some time, i cannot imagine his not having an affect.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 05:15:09 PM

That Olivia Wilde interview kinda starts out with the usual actor crap, "I was excited to be a part of this and career is growing with stuff and blah blah" but towards the middle it actually got kinda interesting.

And she's sweaty. I'll bet Olivia Wilde's sweat smells like cotton candy.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 06:55:54 PM

And she's sweaty. I'll bet Olivia Wilde's sweat smells like cotton candy.

Facepalm

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 07:59:44 PM

Looks sweet. Really hopeful that the tech to create the young JB isn't too hokey.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 08:21:47 PM

That Olivia Wilde interview kinda starts out with the usual actor crap, "I was excited to be a part of this and career is growing with stuff and blah blah" but towards the middle it actually got kinda interesting.

Yeah, she seemed genuinely excited about the movie and what they were doing, not just spouting generic pr fluff.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 09, 2010, 09:55:37 PM

Looks sweet. Really hopeful that the tech to create the young JB isn't too hokey.

Judging by that quick shot of him - or possibly Clu - on the rising platform, they did a good job.  He doesn't look exactly like the young Jeff Bridges did, but he does still look like a young Jeff Bridges, if that makes any sense.  I'm looking forward to seeing the effect used on Bruce Boxleitner for the Tron appearances.

I'd be worried about the silliness of that air-guitaring nightclub owner guy if I didn't know it was Michael Sheen.  I like just about everything he does.
The new recognizer?   Love Letters

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 05:29:35 AM

The new recognizer?   Love Letters

I'm really liking how they modernized the visuals yet managed to keep a lot of the feel of the original.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: March 10, 2010, 07:18:24 AM

For anyone who hasn't seen the trailer in theatres yet... www.program-glitch-esc.net

I am seriously loving this. They've nailed the tone and atmosphere so hard. Fantastic bit of score, too.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 10, 2010, 07:22:39 AM

Feeling happy about this one.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 10, 2010, 07:55:25 AM

Daft Punk soundtrack is delicious.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: March 10, 2010, 02:49:12 PM

I googled her first!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: March 10, 2010, 07:11:56 PM

You know how, in the Matrix trilogy, the matrix world is all green-screen, but the real world is all blue and white?

TRON IS MORE REAL THAN THE REAL WORLD!

awesome, for real

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #50 on: March 10, 2010, 09:08:22 PM

You know how, in the Matrix trilogy, the matrix world is all green-screen, but the real world is all blue and white?

TRON IS MORE REAL THAN THE REAL WORLD!

awesome, for real

In both The Matrix and Tron films, video game players / hackers are all attractive men while the females are all stunning and dressed in tight-fitting costumes.

Discuss.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: March 11, 2010, 12:19:31 AM

Flynn's arcade in the 80's was packed with totally hot chicks, too.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: March 11, 2010, 03:31:40 AM

Did the old movie imply Flynn was banging underage girls?  There was a weird scene where the female lead gave Flynn a very strange look up in his loft.  I need to re-watch it.

Or maybe I'm projecting!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 11, 2010, 05:50:40 AM

In both The Matrix and Tron films, video game players / hackers are all attractive men while the females are all stunning and dressed in tight-fitting costumes.

Discuss.

Hollywood. The majority of Americans are overweight, yet all the American-based movies almost always have slender actors on screen. Movies = beautiful people ~ utopia. :D

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: March 11, 2010, 05:56:23 AM

Loved the original Tron.  This one looks terrible.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: March 11, 2010, 12:28:35 PM

Did the old movie imply Flynn was banging underage girls?  There was a weird scene where the female lead gave Flynn a very strange look up in his loft.  I need to re-watch it.

Or maybe I'm projecting!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Yeah, I noticed that too, last time I watched it. Then Cyndy Morgan was like "All his friends are 14 years old!" Creepy guy!

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #56 on: March 11, 2010, 12:39:48 PM

Sir, we're gonna have to revoke your man card.

That said, my god, even when she's not hot, she's hot.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: March 24, 2010, 08:31:12 PM

http://www.encominternational.com/default.htm

This is a new viral website for Tron Legacy.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: March 24, 2010, 10:55:43 PM

We get Bill Gates. They get Kevin Flynn.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: March 25, 2010, 06:35:32 AM

I didn't even think of this, but I've been casually following along with the ARG (not nearly s closely as other games), and managed to score an awesome little piece of schwag after completing the game http://www.arcadeaid.com/challengingstage/

The QR code leads to http://www.encominternational.com/login.aspx

Anyway, neat stuff. Here's the wiki at http://tron.wikibruce.com/Home

beer geek.
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: March 25, 2010, 07:04:57 AM

I didn't even think of this, but I've been casually following along with the ARG (not nearly s closely as other games), and managed to score an awesome little piece of schwag after completing the game http://www.arcadeaid.com/challengingstage/

Well that was fucking humbling.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 25, 2010, 07:20:36 AM

How in the heck are you supposed to know all those games? I'm a major arcade gamer and stuff but I know very little of those...

Edit: Oh...duh. Most of those are just symbolic of the game. I was thinking those were literal icons for games.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:56:11 AM by Riggswolfe »

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: March 25, 2010, 07:55:15 AM

Many are NOT arcade games. I'm at 30/56 and they have some very new titles in there.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: March 25, 2010, 07:57:21 AM

Many are NOT arcade games. I'm at 30/56 and they have some very new titles in there.

Once I found Halo I clued into that.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: March 25, 2010, 02:55:22 PM

That Encom International site is great. Holy crap, Alan Bradley looks totally like a corporate exec, and I don't mean like an actor playing a corporate exec.

EDIT: WHAT! A login???

Edit 2: Oh. I just read the above post. I thought that was something new. K NM!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:59:04 PM by Slyfeind »

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: March 25, 2010, 07:31:34 PM

32 so far. Some of these are pretty esoteric, and I just simply don't have a clue about a few others - like the metal bear thing and the snake soup. Wat.

[EDIT=33, finally worked out missile command. D'oh.]

[EDIT=43 now... god, some of these are just downright mean. I am very annoyed with my brain, right now. I only just noticed Paperboy...]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 08:16:33 PM by Mattemeo »

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 25, 2010, 07:50:18 PM

I think I had to read spoilers for the last six. Some of them are really obscure.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: March 26, 2010, 04:39:40 PM

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 28, 2010, 04:13:13 AM

Wife and I did really well on that quiz, but defender ?  That's an Americanism and fucked both of us right off.

She was even on the right track and said 'debumper' to which I said 'Shut Up.'

Don't I look silly.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: March 28, 2010, 06:00:49 AM

Wife and I did really well on that quiz, but defender ?  That's an Americanism and fucked both of us right off.

Some of them are very heavily Americanised. I would never have got Defender (thanks!), and there were a couple of others I definitely struggled with. Including NBA Jam - I got the Jam part, but NBA was elluding me. I also got a couple with sheer guessing - I've never heard of 'Tiger Heli' in my entire life, and I'm very much NES generation. I'm stuck at 51/56.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tron Legacy  
Jump to: