Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:51:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: World of Warcraft 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 92341 times)
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009, 06:53:32 PM

The press release doesn't mention WoW anywhere, just Warcraft. Maybe it's only about orcs and humans.

Yeah, not everything has to be WoW.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 02:23:22 AM

Its kind of disappointing in a way that it won't be done by the Blizzard CGI movie people (whoever does that, not sure if it is in house or what.) I'd like to have seen what they could do with it.

It's in house, and yea, I would love to see what they could do with a full movie.

Of course, there 3 min trailers take like 6 months to make, so by the time they finish a full movie, we'll all be playing Warcraft 12.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 04:05:13 PM

Of course, there 3 min trailers take like 6 months to make, so by the time they finish a full movie, we'll all be playing Warcraft 12.

That would only take them a decade or two, so really, that's more like just Warcraft 5.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 10:16:33 PM

I'm going to be money that this will take place in world of warcrafts current or near-future timeline just like the manga.  The characters will be new and they won't be re-treading already done storylines but the characters in the movie will then be incorporated into wow in the future.

Also, I'm dying to see what raimi does with the forsaken.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 05:54:01 AM

Bruce Campbell will say at some point "Bitch got real ugly."

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 24, 2009, 01:26:22 PM

I'm going to be money that this will take place in world of warcrafts current or near-future timeline just like the manga.  The characters will be new and they won't be re-treading already done storylines but the characters in the movie will then be incorporated into wow in the future.

I'm pretty sure that Blizzard were quite adamant when this was first announced that Horde fans shouldn't hold their breath and that it would be told from Alliance characters points of view.  Probably along the lines of the Day of the Dragon novel or some of the other Richard Knaak's hack jobs. (I don't mean the story - just the "Yay for humans, dwarves and elves! Boo for orcs and, um, their mates.")  It makes sense from a movie marketing point of view - trying to sell a film to a non-WoW playing audience where the ugly Horde could conceivably be portrayed as not actually bad guys is going to be as difficult as persuading WoW players to play pre-Blood elf Horde. 

That's not to say I wouldn't want to see the Forsaken in the film but I have a feeling we won't be that lucky. :(

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #41 on: July 24, 2009, 02:36:12 PM

They should be portrayed as they are. The villains. The hypocritical emo bullshit villains.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 24, 2009, 02:40:26 PM

I'm calling bullshit on having the main focus of the story being standard fantasy tropes.  If they planned on just doing that I would believe the movie to do worse, not better in the theatres.  Huzzah for humans/elves/dwarves is just re-treading LOTR and won't make the movie stand out at all.  That said, there will be humans and elves in the main cast.  I'm actually going to say that it'll be a mixed main cast with maybe a human, a belf and an orc/tauren as the muscle.  

I expect this movie to focus on a handful of people overcoming odds to save the world blah blah blah but I doubt it's going to be either a horde or alliance movie.  Just a bunch of people of various races brought together for common goals.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #43 on: July 24, 2009, 02:55:12 PM

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 02:57:38 PM by WindupAtheist »

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #44 on: July 24, 2009, 02:58:47 PM

so I heard that at ComicCon right now Bruce was on stage and for every person in the audience who asked about either him in this movie, or him with more screen time on Burn Notice he invited them up on stage and paid them.   awesome, for real awesome, for real
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 24, 2009, 03:09:53 PM

Right because they already had a script and everything 'two years ago'....oh wait.  We all know how movies are planned and then actually executed vary wildly.  First of all can you see raimi making a huge epic war movie as described? Raimi is a lot of things but epic he is not and would be a bad director to choose for such a movie.

Also, does anyone even care about horde v. alliance bullshit anymore? I can't think of anyone who plays who doesn't have at least one alt on the other side.  Oh sure people have their preferences but no one really has that animosity like they did in the first year of wow.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #46 on: July 24, 2009, 03:17:23 PM

He plays in RP server.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 24, 2009, 03:18:40 PM

My guess.

A paladin of the Silver Hand murdering tons of undead dudes. Silver hand dude gets swarmed, dude is done for! Ka-pow! Arrow from nowhere! Look, it's an Elf Dudette rescuing the defenseless dude! The dudette is barely wearing clothes, the movie is now officially getting somewhere. News reaches the Lich King AKA The Bad Dude (never mentioned by actual name) that paladin dude survived. Bad Dude is outraged! Bad Dude schemes inefficiently. Meanwhile, the other dude and the dudette are seeking council with Old Elvish Druid dude. Suicidal plan! Requires a huge amount of dudes battling other dudes in a grotesque masturbation of CGI. Inside Bad Dude's joint, dude and dudette have been joined by Bearded Dude (or is it dudette?) and a Tiny Bald Dude. Tiny dude sacrifices himself at a critical moment, saving the dude, dudette and dude(tte). Dudes succeed with the now not so suicidal plan! Everyone remembers the tiny dude.

Roll list of dudes appearing in the movie.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 03:20:44 PM by Tarami »

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 24, 2009, 04:47:38 PM

so I heard that at ComicCon right now Bruce was on stage and for every person in the audience who asked about either him in this movie, or him with more screen time on Burn Notice he invited them up on stage and paid them.   awesome, for real awesome, for real

I need a video of that.  ACK!

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 24, 2009, 04:50:52 PM

They should be portrayed as they are. The villains. The hypocritical emo bullshit villains.

Bullshit.  Our noble lord Thrall escaped from a CONCENTRATION CAMP and led his people away to Kalimdor.  What did the Alliance do?  They fucking chased after them!  Tauren are close to nature and peaceful.  The trolls prefer to lounge around their tropical islands and the Forsaken, who bravely broke free from the Scourge, only want to be left alone in the ruins of their ancestral lands.  But no, once AGAIN the fucking Alliance have to attack them.  

You can make all the excuses you want but the Alliance have shown time and again that they are murdering invaders.  That's the dirty little secret of WoW, the 'good guys' are actually the bad guys.  The Alliance may be good looking on the outside but inside they are ugly.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 24, 2009, 06:22:25 PM

IGN interviews the Bruce at ComicCon

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 24, 2009, 06:42:05 PM

You can make all the excuses you want but the Alliance have shown time and again that they are murdering invaders.  That's the dirty little secret of WoW, the 'good guys' are actually the bad guys.  The Alliance may be good looking on the outside but inside they are ugly.

Err, they were there first. Everyone else either showed up later or because of those who showed up later.

Otherwise, yay, movie. As long as there's no love crap here, nor any ham fisted touching scenes or dialog, it'll be fine. Not like Raimi is going to be set free to do whatever he wants. But neither is Blizzard going to install some intern as the licensing account manager to monitor the movie project. They can spot and manage talent well enough to ensure their IP doesn't get all screwed up.

WoW or Warcraft, doesn't matter really, but I'd bet WoW. Unless they announce another Warcraft RTS this year and spend the next two years diverting media budget from SC2. Since that ain't happening, and since half the demographic for this movie has only maybe heard of the RTS, yea, WoW.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 06:49:33 PM

so I heard that at ComicCon right now Bruce was on stage and for every person in the audience who asked about either him in this movie, or him with more screen time on Burn Notice he invited them up on stage and paid them.   awesome, for real awesome, for real

IGN interviews the Bruce at ComicCon

Dang, he's cool. He even does game shows.

I just hope Campbell doesn't end up as some guy brandishing epic fishing poles in this movie.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #53 on: July 24, 2009, 07:00:57 PM

Right because they already had a script and everything 'two years ago'....oh wait.  We all know how movies are planned and then actually executed vary wildly.  First of all can you see raimi making a huge epic war movie as described? Raimi is a lot of things but epic he is not and would be a bad director to choose for such a movie.

Also, does anyone even care about horde v. alliance bullshit anymore? I can't think of anyone who plays who doesn't have at least one alt on the other side.  Oh sure people have their preferences but no one really has that animosity like they did in the first year of wow.

Sorry, it'll be Alliance focused, that's a guarantee.   It will sell better and can morph into a franchise if people can relate to the protagonists.  Other than Shrek, how many successful fanchises (and make no mistake, the  intent will be to turn this into a franchise) are there with monsters as the hero?  Godzilla?   Fuck, I barely count Shrek as he's more a large disgusting human than anything really Ogreish.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #54 on: July 24, 2009, 07:39:47 PM

Right because they already had a script and everything 'two years ago'....oh wait.

It's not impossible for the story to change and end up as the exact opposite of everything they've had to say on the topic thus far. It wouldn't be the weirdest thing that's ever happened during the production of a movie. But it's still pretty fucking silly to seemingly just ASSUME as much and start lining up the cast of characters for a movie that exists only in your own mind.

Or not. I think the Warcraft movie will be a passionate love story about the forbidden romance of a dwarf rogue and her undead priest boyfriend, and how they come together with the help a wacky gnome warlock played by Marlon Wayans. Fuck you if that's nothing like anything that anyone has described up to this point.

Bullshit.  Our noble lord Thrall escaped from a CONCENTRATION CAMP and led his people away to Kalimdor.  What did the Alliance do?  They fucking chased after them!

Lolwut? I knew if I tossed that bit of bait out there, some crazy fucker in a Horde t-shirt would flip shit. I just didn't expect one to start roleplaying in a movie forum thread. I love this sort of supergeek shit, but don't actually want to fag up the thread by SirBrucing a bunch of RP gobbledygook that's guaranteed to go Godwin right off the bat, so I'll tell you what: I'm going to copy and respond to this post here, where we had this conversation last time.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 24, 2009, 08:13:56 PM

Eh, I was trolling a bit too.  Touche!  But that's a cool thing about WoW; you can argue who is the good/bad guy and it's both for each faction.  IMO

As far as the movie it will be Alliance and I'm wondering if it will be the story of Arthas.  Just the vibe I'm getting.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #56 on: July 24, 2009, 08:52:58 PM

PARKER NOOO I WANT TO PLAYYYY BLERGHFKBJCSJCL

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 06, 2009, 02:40:46 PM

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 06, 2009, 02:45:09 PM

No no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCKING HELL NO.  swamp poop

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 06, 2009, 02:47:21 PM

why so serious?

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #60 on: October 06, 2009, 02:54:08 PM

Hey it's cool.  We just played the same damn story for the past year and will be for the next, but I'd love to watch it again.   Shaking fist
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 06, 2009, 03:03:09 PM

There's not a  Facepalm big enough for this.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 06, 2009, 03:05:39 PM

щ(゚Д゚щ)

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #63 on: October 06, 2009, 05:20:15 PM

glad I stopped playing.  All new to me.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 06, 2009, 08:48:53 PM

As much as you people are bitching, this is probably one of the least retarded possibilities.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #65 on: October 07, 2009, 02:24:45 AM

Every other idea for a WoW movie I've heard has sounded like fucking fanfic that only WoW players would ever want to see on the screen. Especially the Horde fags who think John and Mary Moviegoer want to sit through 2 hours of hearing how misunderstood the Horde is. The Arthas story is probably the best potential movie-fodder the IP contains.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 02:27:53 AM by WindupAtheist »

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 07, 2009, 02:46:10 AM

Every idea for a WoW movie is a fucking fanfic that only WoW players would ever want to see on the screen.

Fixed.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #67 on: October 07, 2009, 02:51:46 AM

Has anybody read the book? This sounds like a movie adaptation of WarCraft III, not World of Warcraft.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #68 on: October 07, 2009, 03:00:38 AM

Arthas sitting on top of the spire as the Lich King like "You shoulda figured out this wasn't gonna have a happy ending a long time ago!" would make a pretty downbeat ending for a movie, but what the hell. Throw in a little hopeful moment ala the last scene of Empire Strikes Back and it works.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 07, 2009, 04:24:08 AM

Or they could just make the Elric movie, base it on the material Blizz swiped.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: World of Warcraft  
Jump to: