Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:49:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Daily Show 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Daily Show  (Read 132822 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: March 30, 2010, 08:46:00 AM

Somehow that show was a bit disappointing. I can't put my finger on why, though

Ummm, 'cause they spent half the show talking about Passover and Ben Stiller.  Two topics most people would rather take a nap during.
Why they would write the show that way is the bigger question.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: March 31, 2010, 04:49:34 AM

Palin's moment of Zen was Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? last ep.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: March 31, 2010, 11:22:49 AM

Robin Williams was brilliant. That new heart must have done him some good. He looked younger than me!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
schild
Administrator

Reply #108 on: March 31, 2010, 11:25:32 AM

He looked and sounded fantastic. I need to call my grandpa and see if they had the same surgeon, just because, I don't know, 2 degrees of the guy that fixed Robin William's heart seems cool.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: March 31, 2010, 02:57:04 PM

People give Williams a lot of flak for his shtick.  While I do believe he can go overboard sometimes I have always imagined that no matter how much you may dislike his act on screen, that if you were right there in front of him, he'd crack you up.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: April 01, 2010, 07:20:23 AM

People give Williams a lot of flak for his shtick.  While I do believe he can go overboard sometimes I have always imagined that no matter how much you may dislike his act on screen, that if you were right there in front of him, he'd crack you up.

As witnessed by Jon Stewart. I thought the poor man was going to hyperventilate.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #111 on: April 01, 2010, 09:14:02 AM

Williams on Conan was comedy gold.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: April 01, 2010, 05:37:11 PM

My parents saw his last act live and this is precisely what they said.  His style was designed for in-the-face interaction.  TV waters it down too much.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: April 02, 2010, 08:22:41 AM

Erick, Son of Erick

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: April 09, 2010, 11:41:56 PM

Fox News/Reagan/Nuke bit last night was the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

I'll reiterate about how SAD it is that this Comedy Show that 'follows puppets making joke phone calls' is still the best news show you seem to have.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: April 13, 2010, 05:26:06 AM

Fox News/Reagan/Nuke bit last night was the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Under the funny presentation, is a scary truth.

Last nights episode about open carry laws was brilliant.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: April 13, 2010, 07:57:42 AM

I'm worried that legalising open carry undermines the legal sanctity of the second ammendment.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: April 13, 2010, 09:15:55 AM

Wouldn't be funny to me if there wasn't.  It's what gets me laughing.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: April 13, 2010, 09:18:00 AM

Wouldn't be funny to me if there wasn't.  It's what gets me laughing.

Yeah, I Relate. I cry a bit after though. The stuff fox does, is really really uncalled for, its quite damaging.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: April 15, 2010, 12:52:35 AM

On the other hand: what Stewart does is eerily similar to the Heyoka.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: April 15, 2010, 07:46:53 AM

On the other hand: what Stewart does is eerily similar to the Heyoka.

Actually that would be closer to colbert.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: April 15, 2010, 09:49:19 AM

That bit about the nuclear summit's logo made me cringe.  God, is Fox really that evil?  Or are they really that dumb?  I pick the former, because deep down I really believe most educated people knew that the logo was chemical in nature, or at the very least a play on the nuclear clock.  A muslim pander??  Really?   Facepalm

Some of the stuff they do is close to being illegal.  If I recall, inciting riots/violence is a punishable offense and Fox comes close to having had been doing that...  all based on sensationalist lies.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: April 15, 2010, 10:05:49 AM

Stewart does it too, where he'll go into a long serious discussion about some event, talk about logical courses of action, and the inevitably sober reaction of political groups.

"...FUCK!"
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: April 15, 2010, 10:34:43 AM

That bit about the nuclear summit's logo made me cringe.  God, is Fox really that evil?  Or are they really that dumb?  I pick the former, because deep down I really believe most educated people knew that the logo was chemical in nature, or at the very least a play on the nuclear clock.  A muslim pander??  Really?   Facepalm

Some of the stuff they do is close to being illegal.  If I recall, inciting riots/violence is a punishable offense and Fox comes close to having had been doing that...  all based on sensationalist lies.

They used a nuke image for health care, they used one for the summit, they will use one for the financial reform.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #124 on: April 20, 2010, 10:48:48 PM

http://www.thedailyshow.com/

Double down on Fox!  I loved it!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: April 20, 2010, 11:52:32 PM

They need to give Stewart an hourlong show and move him to network TV.

gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: April 21, 2010, 03:04:24 AM

They quoted Catullus on tv in Latin.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #127 on: April 21, 2010, 05:18:55 AM

Greatest use of church style preaching EVER.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: April 21, 2010, 07:01:32 AM

They need to give Stewart an hourlong show and move him to network TV.

No. You do not fuck with a good recipe. More is not always better.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #129 on: April 21, 2010, 10:26:14 AM

The diddling that networks would insist on to make Stewart palatable would totally fuck up the entire formula. Leave him where he is - relatively free to say whatever he wants without any real pressure.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #130 on: April 21, 2010, 10:45:41 AM

I believe it's spelled "Stew-Beef."

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: April 21, 2010, 10:47:39 AM

http://www.thedailyshow.com/

Double down on Fox!  I loved it!

That was fucking hilarious! 

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #132 on: April 21, 2010, 02:20:42 PM

That was awesomely brilliantly splendid
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: April 21, 2010, 05:03:42 PM

I need a "Fox is the Lupus of News" T-short ASAP  why so serious?
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: April 21, 2010, 10:57:48 PM

Normally when Jon Stewart freaks out like that, it leaves me kinda meh. But that was brilliant.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #135 on: April 22, 2010, 01:06:41 AM

The T-Shirt would need a picture of Hugh Laurie as House on there
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: April 22, 2010, 04:31:26 AM

The T-Shirt would need a picture of Hugh Laurie as House on there
I thought this was such a great idea I made two different images for the potential t-shirt:

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #137 on: April 22, 2010, 05:00:01 AM

Normally when Jon Stewart freaks out like that, it leaves me kinda meh. But that was brilliant.

Someone wanna clue me in? Because the link is just to dailyshow.com which has something else on the front page now.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: April 22, 2010, 05:12:57 AM

Someone wanna clue me in? Because the link is just to dailyshow.com which has something else on the front page now.

Tues April 20th's episode, where he responded to a Monday night Fox airing:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-april-20-2010/bernie-goldberg-fires-back

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #139 on: April 22, 2010, 06:24:35 AM

Awesome.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Daily Show  
Jump to: