Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:29:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Daily Show 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Daily Show  (Read 132713 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #70 on: March 05, 2010, 11:05:14 AM

Yeah, that chat roulette thing was brilliant.  I think he set a new personal record for number of "cock"s uttered.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: March 05, 2010, 11:27:56 AM

Did you see the piece before it?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 05, 2010, 11:28:59 AM

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #73 on: March 05, 2010, 11:40:53 AM

No more Daily Show or Colbert Report on Hulu.   swamp poop

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 05, 2010, 12:35:28 PM

I _just_ watched last night's episode on Hulu.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: March 05, 2010, 12:46:35 PM

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #76 on: March 05, 2010, 12:56:19 PM

Sorry, I should have been more clear.   

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 10, 2010, 05:29:05 AM

Oh God, that guy that was being interviewed on the 9th was an asshole. Not just that I disagree with him but he spent the whole TV interview portion making a point, then interrupting Stewart when he started speaking demanding that Stewart let him speak. Stewart apologised and let him finish or rebut or whatever. I'd need to count it up but it felt pretty even in terms of how much speaking time either got. Then we get the typical, "We're going to cut it here and throw up the rest unedited" and he starts whining about how he's been steamrollered and how unbelievable it is that Stewart wouldn't let him speak at all 'on air'. Jesus, Stewart is, while not a softball interviewer by any means, one of the fairer ones in terms of letting people speak and really, really polite and this guy really seemed offended at the fact, basically, that he had the last word before they cut the live show. On one of the few interview shows where I'd imagine the on-line viewership is probably as big as the broadcast one.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: March 10, 2010, 08:04:06 AM

Watching the interview now with Marc Thiessen.  What a dickbag. I just started part 2.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #79 on: March 10, 2010, 11:21:37 AM

Yeah, Marc Thiessen - he's supposed to be a big-time speech writer, someone who we assume is supposed to be an expert or something on terrorism (seeing as how his book is supposed to prove that the Bush administration kept us safe and Obama is going to get us all murderdeathkilled) and he got owned by FUCKING COMEDIAN. Then he had the temerity to WHINE about not getting enough time to spout absolute bullshit.

Dude, you got owned by a standup comic on basic cable. Sack up or get the fuck out.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: March 18, 2010, 07:10:30 AM

Epic last night, not to mention Colbert was also on fire.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: March 19, 2010, 05:39:53 AM

On fire, Jon nailed it.

Part one/Intro

The bulk of the segment

I hope everyone can see those?

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: March 19, 2010, 05:43:36 AM

It's meant to be region locked, there's a fix earlier in the thread if you're using firefox. That episode was a thing of fucking beauty, I get the feeling the writers are getting really unhappy at having to watch Beck's show for craziness all the time.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #83 on: March 19, 2010, 06:31:08 AM

That was awesome!

Oh and Glen beck scares the shit out of me
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: March 19, 2010, 07:17:33 AM

Code:
javascript:document.write('<embed%20src=\  http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:'+document.getElementById('video_player').attributes['data'].nodeValue.split(":")[5]+'\  %20allowFullscreen=\  true\  ></embed>');
Add this as a bookmarklet and click on it when you're on the "full episode"-page at dailyshow.com.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: March 19, 2010, 08:03:52 AM

You can watch it now with the curse words un-bleeped.  Awesome.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #86 on: March 19, 2010, 08:19:24 AM

That episode was a thing of fucking beauty, I get the feeling the writers are getting really unhappy at having to watch Beck's show for craziness all the time.

It may have been the most incredible bit of satire I've ever seen.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: March 19, 2010, 11:51:24 AM

Two obvious continuity edits on the segment that broke what appeared to be perfection, but that doesn't tarnish the fucking awesomeness of it. I wish people would look at that and change their minds, but so far that type of "argument" is meant to solidify the faithful, not convert.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #88 on: March 19, 2010, 11:59:31 AM

That was awesome!

Oh and Glen beck scares the shit out of me

Beck is a charlatan and a clown who panders for money.  The only scary thing are the people (not individually but in the aggregate) who follow him and take him seriously.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: March 21, 2010, 09:36:35 AM

When will we get to see Glen Beck on the Daily Show though?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: March 21, 2010, 11:55:03 AM

I don't think we will. He's not like O'Reilly who's very much aware of what he's doing and is a realist with Stewart on how the world works. I do have some respect for O'Reilly that he goes on Stewart's show and Stewart goes on his, even if I think O'Reilly is a pinhead.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: March 21, 2010, 12:27:56 PM

I get the impression that people like O'Reilly and Bill Kristol really enjoy being on there, even if they are totally opposite to Jon Stewart's world view.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: March 21, 2010, 12:33:28 PM

Frankly I think Jon's a really great host and interviewer and even if the audience won't like it you get a chance to say what you want. Fuck O'Reilly can be confident that even if Stewart rips him apart as long as he comes out with the talking points (whether they make sense or not) his fans will say he won the debate and at worst that Stewart sandbagged him. It's win-win and he gets to have a decent discussion with someone on TV.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: March 21, 2010, 02:38:31 PM

I get the impression that people like O'Reilly and Bill Kristol really enjoy being on there, even if they are totally opposite to Jon Stewart's world view.

They are both attention whores.  What's not to like about being on the show from that viewpoint?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: March 21, 2010, 03:24:57 PM

He will never go on the daily show.

In other news, I look forward to Mondays show.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: March 22, 2010, 12:16:36 PM

He will never go on the daily show.

In other news, I look forward to Mondays show.

He's got a lot of fodder to play with these days.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #96 on: March 23, 2010, 08:50:53 PM

Biden's "fucking big deal" must surely provide a golden Jon Stewart moment, or a series of them.

We now constantly have the last two weeks of Stewart and Colbert available to watch on ABC iView (free online TV) in Australia, so it's good to be watching this with you all again.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:52:55 PM by Tale »
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: March 23, 2010, 09:38:08 PM

We now constantly have the last two weeks of Stewart and Colbert available to watch on ABC iView (free online TV) in Australia, so it's good to be watching this with you all again.

It made my day to see these shows on Iview. 
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: March 24, 2010, 03:08:24 AM

Was there no show yesterday ?  Heartbreak

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: March 24, 2010, 04:53:32 AM

They take weeks off (and I don't know if it's my imagination but it seems to be more and more frequently, probably just in my head though). This seems to be one of those weeks though hopefully it means next Monday will be a full show on the idiocy health care spawned.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: March 24, 2010, 05:45:49 AM

Was there no show yesterday ?  Heartbreak

Yeah, they took the week off, this week of all weeks. Well, at least we know they will have TONS of things to go over and find some great storys I guess.

I tuned in and was Heartbreak as well.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: March 24, 2010, 10:02:54 AM

I value that. They're going to wait and see what happens.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: March 24, 2010, 11:26:44 AM

They take weeks off (and I don't know if it's my imagination but it seems to be more and more frequently, probably just in my head though). This seems to be one of those weeks though hopefully it means next Monday will be a full show on the idiocy health care spawned.

They have kids.

And they've been doing this for a long time. I think there's some wear down going on. The late night guys do it too, a week off ever couple months or so. It seems to be a really draining job.

beer geek.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: March 30, 2010, 04:30:58 AM

Somehow that show was a bit disappointing. I can't put my finger on why, though

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: March 30, 2010, 06:04:24 AM

The John Oliver, Wyatt Cenac bit was pretty great I thought.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Daily Show  
Jump to: