Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:48:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092235 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1225 on: June 10, 2011, 07:56:12 PM

So I bought a Löwe.

It's the only premium tank I would ever think about getting (other than the 38h, but I think that ship might have sailed already).

I've elited my VK36 with 100% crew, and am working on getting enough credits to buy a Tiger and a KV-3. I have about 1.8m to go.

36H is still very good for gaining xp.  I haven't noticed much of a difference.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1226 on: June 10, 2011, 07:59:08 PM

So I bought a Löwe.

I have both the Lowe and the KV-5.  Honestly, I think the KV-5 is a better tank.  I have a pretty good win % in general, but my Lowe % is abysmal to say the least! I may be lucky to have a 25% win rate.  I am not sure what it is, but I rarely win in that thing.  I do make pretty good credits regardless.  The KV-5 is just a better brawler and fits my play style a bit more (plus it comes with a sweet R2 unit which also is a glaring weak point).

I might try to join the pseudo-F13 clan here soon.  My clan is pretty dysfunctional and no communication whatsoever. 

I like the KV-5 better, too.  Its gun is basically a slightly better version of the 107 that the KV and KV-3 use but it can take a shit load of damage, esp. if people aren't hitting your turret.  The Lowe has a better gun but is much less durable and slower.  So far I have 105 battles in my Lowe with 125 kills (max of 5) and 83 battles in the KV-5 with 115 kills (max of 6).
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1227 on: June 11, 2011, 12:42:23 AM

So I bought a Löwe.

It's the only premium tank I would ever think about getting (other than the 38h, but I think that ship might have sailed already).

I've elited my VK36 with 100% crew, and am working on getting enough credits to buy a Tiger and a KV-3. I have about 1.8m to go.

36H is still very good for gaining xp.  I haven't noticed much of a difference.

Huh? I have it elited. I need 1.8m credits (or did when I posted that).

Edit: The KV-5 is kind of a joke with that MG mantlet in front. It's easily penetrated by as low as tier 5 tanks (long 75 and 107). For that matter, so is the Lowe. Soloed one in a KV last night, the lower glacis is weak as hell, I was penetrating it from a steep side angle.

The premium tanks are pretty much only for making money (100k credit rounds are common in Lowes). Their regular tier 8 equivalents are much better.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 12:50:46 AM by FatuousTwat »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1228 on: June 11, 2011, 01:41:50 AM

So I bought a Löwe.

36H is still very good for gaining xp.  I haven't noticed much of a difference.

Huh? I have it elited. I need 1.8m credits (or did when I posted that).

Edit: The KV-5 is kind of a joke with that MG mantlet in front. It's easily penetrated by as low as tier 5 tanks (long 75 and 107). For that matter, so is the Lowe. Soloed one in a KV last night, the lower glacis is weak as hell, I was penetrating it from a steep side angle.

The premium tanks are pretty much only for making money (100k credit rounds are common in Lowes). Their regular tier 8 equivalents are much better.

Sorry, meant the 38H735 (F).  And I agree.  All the people who are bitching about the Lowe/KV-5 probably don't realize that they are more like T7.5 than T8.  My Tiger 2 is better than my Lowe and I suspect that an IS-3 is better than the KV-5.  The KV-5 can take a lot of hits if its by people who are either auto aiming or don't know where to hit it.  I, on the other hand, always know where to hit it. DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:43:51 AM by Ginaz »
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1229 on: June 11, 2011, 03:03:57 AM

Just made it to T6 with my new T-34/85.  Anyone know the best gun to use?  The 122mm gun looks dead sexy, but 6 RPM really makes me balk after my spammy 57mm on the T-34. 
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1230 on: June 11, 2011, 09:00:11 AM

The 100mm is the way to go but you have some work to get there.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1231 on: June 11, 2011, 09:21:43 AM

Damn, I'm on a hell of a losing streak with my new KV.  I understood it when I only had the noob 76mm, but I have 122mm now and my side is still getting its ass kicked with regularity.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1232 on: June 11, 2011, 09:39:58 AM

Nothing. The KV just isn't a very good heavy, I'm afraid. Much like the T1 heavy. The German line is more smooth, with the amazing 3601 and then the moderately good Tiger I. Don't worry, once you're in an IS, you'll love the Russian line, but you have to suffer first.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1233 on: June 11, 2011, 12:37:58 PM

The 152mm derp cannon is where the KV shines and it teaches you how to use cover well in an extremely slow and bulky tank.  The 107 is a better gun but the 152 is so much fun (especially on city maps) that it willl make the grind a lot easier. Remember use HE shells, cause you can one shot everything tier 5 & below, near kill tier 6s with one shot and actually damage everything up to tier 10. This is also why you may notice you get singled out over everyone around you for a swift death.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1234 on: June 11, 2011, 12:42:25 PM

Also don't overlook the kv1s for your next tank. I love that thing and it plays much closer to what an IS is like then the kv3. I keep mine around just to play for fun.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1235 on: June 11, 2011, 12:47:53 PM

Damn, I'm on a hell of a losing streak with my new KV.  I understood it when I only had the noob 76mm, but I have 122mm now and my side is still getting its ass kicked with regularity.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.
Sometimes it just happens. Longest loss streak i had so far was something like 20 games in a row.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1236 on: June 11, 2011, 01:01:44 PM

KV3 is a nice tank, I liked my KV3.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1237 on: June 11, 2011, 02:01:33 PM

The PzIII Aus A is a really fun tank with the engine fully upgraded.  With the 50mm gun it even packs a decent punch.  Perfect for ganking those damn arty's. 

I have had long losing streaks in my T-34 that made me stabby.  Doing Ok so far in T6.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1238 on: June 11, 2011, 03:01:31 PM

Thanks all, for the advice.  One thing that has helped is going back to original KV turret since I don't have a gun that needs KV-2 turret  yet.   I notice I get killed less often.   Looking forward to the 152mm.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1239 on: June 12, 2011, 12:43:34 AM

I never bothered getting the 152 after beta. During beta, I used it as a comedy option. It's only useful in cities, and only then if you could rely on who you were driving with to finish the enemy off.

The 107 is ridiculously overpowered for a tier 5 gun. Pretty accurate, with great damage and great penetration. It's a shame that the IS doesn't use it, because you are stuck using the shitty first 122 or the 100 before you can get into the top 122.

I'd definitely get the 107 before moving into the kv-3, it's the best gun for that tank.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1240 on: June 12, 2011, 10:07:38 AM

Not at all, it's useful on every map, it's just that's it's amazing for city maps. There's spots for a derp KV on every map eg. hidden behind a rock or around the corner of a building. You only need to land about 2 shots a game to get decent XP and credits. There is a need to have a decent gunner/commander combo cause accuracy is quite poor when sniping, but it does decent splash damage so the best kind of shots are the ones where you are shooting down.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1241 on: June 12, 2011, 12:24:31 PM

I was able to get my T9 VK4502 (P) Ausf.B today.  Now I need to get enough xp for the 128mm gun and I'll be gtg.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1242 on: June 12, 2011, 03:53:35 PM

Not at all, it's useful on every map, it's just that's it's amazing for city maps. There's spots for a derp KV on every map eg. hidden behind a rock or around the corner of a building. You only need to land about 2 shots a game to get decent XP and credits. There is a need to have a decent gunner/commander combo cause accuracy is quite poor when sniping, but it does decent splash damage so the best kind of shots are the ones where you are shooting down.

Useful in the sense that you are actually helping your team. With the 107 you are so much more versatile. Being able to push up, or defend, or snipe, whatever is much more useful to me than just waiting for a tank to run around a corner so you can oneshot it.

In my experience the 152 is only as useful as how terrible the enemy plays. If someone is close, and you don't manage to oneshot them, you are fucked (unless they are bad). If you are alone, and oneshot something, and he has a friend, you are fucked (if they are low tier, you could have just as easily oneshot them with the 107, and taken less time/damage). If you are going up against something higher tier than you, you are also most likely fucked.

Shrug, maybe it suits my playstyle a lot better, but the 107 has always seemed like a much better gun to me. The 152 may be fun, but I would say the 107 is a much more flexible and therefore useful gun.

Either way, to anyone going up the Russian heavy line, I suggest getting the 107 before going KV-3, because grinding it on the KV-3 is not fun.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1243 on: June 12, 2011, 04:04:17 PM

Useful in the sense that you are actually helping your team. With the 107 you are so much more versatile. Being able to push up, or defend, or snipe, whatever is much more useful to me than just waiting for a tank to run around a corner so you can oneshot it.

Ok if the argument is the 107mm is a better gun I agree, but I was merely saying 152mm is not useless on non-city maps (a bit useless on Komarin maybe).  The derp is just so fun to use and I dare anybody to try break my 15 reaper kill streak awesome, for real

snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1244 on: June 13, 2011, 06:34:53 PM

It's fun because people panick after the first shot and retreat, instead of blowing big holes in the fucker who just took half their HP. same deal in the objekt 704 with the BL-10. People just hide, hopefully for 15 secs so i can blow you into kingdom come next shot, retards....48% survival rate, hahahaha, idiots
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1245 on: June 13, 2011, 06:35:38 PM

It's fun because people panick after the first shot and retreat.

This, people don't understand reload times, especially in lower tier battles.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1246 on: June 14, 2011, 10:47:19 AM

It's fun because people panick after the first shot and retreat, instead of blowing big holes in the fucker who just took half their HP. same deal in the objekt 704 with the BL-10. People just hide, hopefully for 15 secs so i can blow you into kingdom come next shot, retards....48% survival rate, hahahaha, idiots

Objekts are bitches to deal with regardless of reload times.  In Clan Wars, I was bouncing gold ammo off of one repeatedly.  I hate them.  If I see one in pub match, I just go another route or hopefully arty can deal with them.  A medium is much better suited match-up then a heavy tank.

I have had the opposite issue with reload times where people stand there like a dear in headlights while I pummel them with a Ram-II.  Unbelievable reload rate with a rammer, ventilation and 100% crew. If they try to go toe-to-toe, the ram can easily fire out 5:1 shots with every 3rd of 4th shot some type of critical.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1247 on: June 18, 2011, 07:38:55 PM

In honor of Father's Day this weekend experience is at 5x and equipment buys (camo net, rammer, etc.) are at half price.   This is a great time to grind the exp to your dream tank.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1248 on: June 18, 2011, 07:55:38 PM

Objekts are bitches to deal with regardless of reload times.  In Clan Wars, I was bouncing gold ammo off of one repeatedly.  I hate them.  If I see one in pub match, I just go another route or hopefully arty can deal with them.  A medium is much better suited match-up then a heavy tank.

On the front just avoid shooting the gun mantlet area and you will penetrate. It's a pretty big mantlet.

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1249 on: June 18, 2011, 08:32:51 PM

In honor of Father's Day this weekend experience is at 5x and equipment buys (camo net, rammer, etc.) are at half price.   This is a great time to grind the exp to your dream tank.
Sadly only on the US server by the looks of it.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1250 on: June 19, 2011, 07:21:55 PM

Out of curiosity and to compare notes -- what's your average xp gain per match, without premium?

going through tier 6 atm and it's ~350 a match with vk36 and ~250 with jagdpz, mostly thanks to the latter often dying to 1-2 shots.... i can't remember my numbers from beta so can't decide if i just suck so bad or things were tweaked since, or what Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1251 on: June 19, 2011, 08:24:30 PM

I've been playing with premium and its in the 500-600 range normally.  This weekend I've seen it from 400 to 2500.

Your numbers sound totally normal without premium.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1252 on: June 19, 2011, 08:29:12 PM

The five times exp is not for every match. It is five times the normal exp for the first run of each tank each day.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1253 on: June 20, 2011, 12:13:14 PM

I bought a Lowe :( Just because it rakes in the credits like no other tank does. I even have the pre-order M6, and even though it never loses money, it doesn't bring in the 60k per win credits the Lowe does. Why, you ask? Because I have too many other toys that require financing. I'm working on, in order of preference, a T-32, a Panther, a T-20, a SU-152, an M12 arty. I am also going to be looking at the Tiger and of course, I have a hummel, which is no longer the money maker it once was, but is really a good versatile arty.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1254 on: June 20, 2011, 06:51:31 PM

Apparently the clownshoe is getting a credit boost in the next patch to put it in line with the KV5 and the Lowe (KV5 doesn't make the same amount of money the Lowe makes because it has a shitty gun).

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1255 on: June 20, 2011, 09:36:53 PM

I've been playing with premium and its in the 500-600 range normally.  This weekend I've seen it from 400 to 2500.

Your numbers sound totally normal without premium.

With the Father's Day bonus thing I got almost 8k xp from one of the matches I was in and have been averaging 5-7k per win.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1256 on: June 20, 2011, 09:40:39 PM

Apparently the clownshoe is getting a credit boost in the next patch to put it in line with the KV5 and the Lowe (KV5 doesn't make the same amount of money the Lowe makes because it has a shitty gun).

I have more kills and earn more xp with the KV-5 than the Lowe.  Not sure about credits since they both make a shit load.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1257 on: June 21, 2011, 03:38:42 AM

Does anyone have an opinion on the German version of the Char B1bis premiere tank?  Good in battle, good money maker?
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1258 on: June 21, 2011, 05:49:00 AM

Does anyone have an opinion on the German version of the Char B1bis premiere tank?  Good in battle, good money maker?

The PzKpfw B2 740(f) is mediocre.  Like any other Tier 3 and 4 you are at the mercy of the matchmaker.  It is heavily armored for it's tier, but the gun like most premiums lacks punch.  I like the aesthetics of the tank but it does not standout as a premium.

Had a great 5x weekend.  I was able to research and purchase the American Tier X Heavy T30, and researched but couldn't afford the Pershing. I wasn't able to take advantage of the half price equipment as I was saving for the T30.  Had a match in my T32 which netted me 10,800 xp alone (+ top gun & defender).
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1259 on: June 21, 2011, 10:15:08 AM

I love the T-32. It is a beast. Last night I singlehandedly staved off the attack of 4 heavies, two Lowes, a KV-5 and an IS3. I had a bit of help in the end, but if you get yourself positioned right, it does an amazing job. Honestly, I think its the best of the tier 8 heavies.

By Clownshoe, do you mean the premium pre-order M6 heavy?

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: