Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:35:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Sims 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sims 3  (Read 91847 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: June 07, 2009, 11:28:05 AM

Advice: don't sleep with your boss and get caught by you partner.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: June 07, 2009, 12:55:36 PM

Hi, honey.  This is what you do irl.  You've made a sim of yourself.  Or did I say that backwards?  At least your hacking is legal.  Giving yourself the Loner trait wouldn't have fit, though.
I was about to ask if there was any difference between his sim life and his real one. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #177 on: June 07, 2009, 02:30:30 PM

You liked the look of the sims in Sims 2? They looked TERRIBLE. Like everyone had downs.

I prefer sims2 over sims3 (appearance of the sims themselves) so far. There's a lot of moon faces and Jay Leno chins, and the customizability only helps so much.
That and the skin textures are awful.

It's like, in order to make things so modular and customizable, they wound up paying for it in actual asthetics. YMMV of course. And some people are managing to make some decent looking sims on the exchange already.

Exactly! I'm getting used to it though, and I'm getting better at making outfits that look fine when I'm actually playing, even if they look kinda blah in Create-a-Sim.

It seems like making friends is way easier than it was in Sims 2, but I am terrible at getting my sims to fall in love with anyone! I had one sim make it through her entire young adulthood without ever being kissed.  ACK!

God Save the Horn Players
schild
Administrator

Reply #178 on: June 07, 2009, 02:33:04 PM

I had one sim make it through her entire young adulthood without ever being kissed.  ACK!

oh god the humanity
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #179 on: June 07, 2009, 03:12:40 PM

It seems like making friends is way easier than it was in Sims 2, but I am terrible at getting my sims to fall in love with anyone! I had one sim make it through her entire young adulthood without ever being kissed.  ACK!
It looks unless you have "great kisser" trait which allows to try and jump anyone right off the bat, you need to work on the mood of the target sim for kiss option to even appear -- there's something like three stages to it, the target sim can think you're "flirty", then something else and then finally "simply irresistible" or smth. The kiss option appears once you move their mood past "flirty" stage, which from what i read can take a while of some dedicated flirting.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: June 07, 2009, 03:17:17 PM

Even with loner on, if you have charisma up pretty high, it only takes 5 or 6 romance section interactions (amorous hug etc) to get someone to woohoo. You can pretty much just meet someone and be woohooing 10 minutes later.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #181 on: June 07, 2009, 03:24:02 PM

Which is far more realistic  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: June 07, 2009, 03:25:44 PM

If you go relax on the bed, you get the WooHoo-interaction immediately, without any foreplay. why so serious?

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #183 on: June 07, 2009, 04:57:08 PM

I had one sim make it through her entire young adulthood without ever being kissed.  ACK!

oh god the humanity

my sims have needs man

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: June 07, 2009, 07:33:00 PM

The game has a lot of nice features which aren't immediately obvious. You can become a novelist by getting your writing skil up and writing enough books to gain a good repuation, and unlike in the old ggame where you just sold wrote a novel and sold it for a few simoleons, it seems like it might be a realistic alternative to having a job.

You can also invest in the various businesses around town and pick up a share of the profits on a regular basis. My aim is to own enough of the community that I never have to go to work again.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: June 07, 2009, 07:40:56 PM

With three Sims with full Writing, I can say living off it is extremely viable. My best writer gets §15K a week from royalties, working a single day a week (a super-crunch to write a book in one sitting.) However, you need a couple of traits (Bookworm helps, Hopeless romantic helps too if you're writing romance novels et cetera) if you are to get the big profits. Perfectionist helps too, but it's not as notable.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: June 07, 2009, 09:07:52 PM

My best writer gets §15K a week from royalties, working a single day a week (a super-crunch to write a book in one sitting.)

Sim Stephen King?  Grin

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: June 07, 2009, 09:39:00 PM

The game has a lot of nice features which aren't immediately obvious. You can become a novelist by getting your writing skil up and writing enough books to gain a good repuation, and unlike in the old ggame where you just sold wrote a novel and sold it for a few simoleons, it seems like it might be a realistic alternative to having a job.

You can also invest in the various businesses around town and pick up a share of the profits on a regular basis. My aim is to own enough of the community that I never have to go to work again.

Yeah, mine was a journalist while I ranked up his writing skill, then he quit and and bought out the whole town.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: June 07, 2009, 09:59:04 PM

My best writer gets §15K a week from royalties, working a single day a week (a super-crunch to write a book in one sitting.)

Sim Stephen King?  Grin
Would explain why all the romance novels end with tentacle orgies, yes.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #189 on: June 07, 2009, 11:42:20 PM

this guy looks legit nice shurt

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: June 08, 2009, 12:05:37 AM

The neckbeard is also a nice touch.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #191 on: June 08, 2009, 07:15:20 AM

It's not the aging, which I have turned off anyway.  It's the fact that I can't get anything completed.  I never have time (or forget) to tidy up and half the time I run out of the house when my ride come in the morning, without peeing or showering.  No one likes me because I mostly smell bad and there are flies in my house.   swamp poop

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #192 on: June 08, 2009, 07:28:32 AM

I never have time (or forget) to tidy up and half the time I run out of the house when my ride come in the morning, without peeing or showering.
The ride shows up an hour in advance, so you can usually ignore it for a while and do the shower and stuff first, then point your sim manually to use it. Or you can try to become a rock star, they work evening shifts  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #193 on: June 08, 2009, 07:33:32 AM

The moment you have $3500, buy the most expensive bed in the game. It will cut the amount of time you waste sleeping down by a couple of hours. Also, you don't need to cook full meals all the time, they give you a mood boost but otherwise a snack is just as effective. Even better, if you garden, you can just eat fruit straight out of your inventory.

For those trying to seduce the neighbour's wife - fixing yourself up in the mirror before they come over gives a helpful "attractiveness" boost.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: June 08, 2009, 07:40:45 AM

Bed is always priority upgrade for me. And the easiest way to boost mood is probably to eat at the fancy restaurant for dinner. Sometimes a chance card will be played saying you were served food that you didn't order, will you eat it? Choose yes, and that'll boost your mood by +75 for a week.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: June 08, 2009, 09:10:36 AM

I'm having a heck of a time keeping my astronaunt happy at work. 16 hour days are a bitch.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: June 08, 2009, 09:36:18 AM

That is quite easily counter-acted by taking up that Lifetime perk of no penalty when having fun at work. So take it easy during work and your fun bar would still increase with no performance hit.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #197 on: June 08, 2009, 11:35:38 AM

Sounds more interesting than Sims 1, would you guys say that the core game play (doll management) is more fun?

"Me am play gods"
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: June 08, 2009, 01:05:15 PM

Another way to save time is by cooking group meals and putting the leftovers back in the fridge. You can eat them for days and days before they run out or go bad.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #199 on: June 08, 2009, 01:08:28 PM

You can pretty safely skip peeing in the morning too, they'll just go at work. If you don't care about the little "I am so clean" moodlet, maybe shower at night before bed, it should carry you through work alright.

Speaking of the moodlets, it cracks me up that there is one for taking a bath with a rubber ducky. <3

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #200 on: June 11, 2009, 01:06:54 PM

This thread is making my head explode with the RL/Ingame comparisons. :(

Also:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/exploring-the-mysteries-of-the-mind-with-the-sims-3/
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #201 on: June 11, 2009, 08:25:42 PM

90% unfunny. I hate him.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: June 12, 2009, 04:08:33 AM

Has anyone managed to cook ambrosia without cheating? If I decipher the requirements right, you need to be expert in cooking, fishing and gardening plus you need to find some rare seed drops from the world. Seems a tad difficult.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #203 on: June 12, 2009, 07:13:19 AM

Has anyone managed to cook ambrosia without cheating? If I decipher the requirements right, you need to be expert in cooking, fishing and gardening plus you need to find some rare seed drops from the world. Seems a tad difficult.

Apparently eating it grants you eternal life, or at least adds a significant amount of time to your lifespan. I can't imagine they'd make it easy.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: June 12, 2009, 08:19:17 AM

It also revives ghosts. Even ones that aren't part of your family. Try putting some in the graveyard at night. wink

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: June 12, 2009, 08:23:21 AM

90% unfunny. I hate him.

Your opinions are bad, and you should feel bad.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: June 12, 2009, 08:46:08 AM

My first sim couple actually managed to make ambrosia about 2 days before they hit old age.  One of them was a writer so she had plenty of time to cook and garden and the other one fished so between them they had what they needed. You definitely need 10 in cooking but only 7 or 8 in fishing and gardening.

Eating the ambrosia doesn't make you permanently immortal it just resets your age to the beginning of whatever life stage you're at - so they were lucky that they got it before they hit the elder stage.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #207 on: June 12, 2009, 08:46:23 AM

Your opinions are bad, and you should feel bad.

Coming from you?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: June 12, 2009, 08:46:30 AM

I managed to cook it. Fishing is easy, Cooking is easy too. You just need at least 2 sims to make it easier.
The hard part is the gardening. You need to explore a small patch of trees outside the graveyard for special seeds (purple) to plant at your house. Hopefully one of those seeds will grow into a Life tree. Once you get one tree going, then just keep it alive and harvest it. Put the ingredient in the fridge with the Death Fish, and have your Cook sim make the Ambrosia ($10k recipe book). Eat, Live Long and Prosper.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #209 on: June 12, 2009, 11:51:08 AM

I recently picked a death flower at the graveyard. No idea what it does.

I was also sneaking around a rich sims house trying to steal things, when I witnessed the old lady of the house die of old age at midnight. Now I have the Grim Reaper listed on my friends list. Unfotunately, I can't call him on the cell.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Sims 3  
Jump to: